07-17-13 01:04 PM
684 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    Thanks! Perfect
    You know maybe I'll go out to the market later and get a whole fresh trout and make a little custom something something...
    Adam Szucs and Kris Simundson like this.
    07-16-13 12:08 PM
    Thanks, I felt like if I responded to that I'd blow up on a newb
    *Perfectly aware of the high risk of thread derailment*

Yes, bring back the discussion about Parallax! And as I understood it, the function (at least on iOS) is wholly reliant on the gyroscope sensor, which is good news as most smartphones these days should have the hardware necessary to achieve this effect. In addition, the guys from TAT were demoing this on PlayBooks roughly two years ago, so unless they were given special PlayBooks to use, it's something BBRY already tinkered with. Sucks they didn't launch BB10 with it but hopefully it's a nice surprise coming down the pipeline soon.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    07-16-13 12:22 PM
    So I guess by now you're all wondering what my surprise is..... pretty awesome.....

Attachment 182979

..., but everyone loves a pony....
    Yeah we love pony's that much that we had them portions up as lasagne packages a few months back in Europe ... offered as beef...

Posted via Z10
    00stryder likes this.
    07-16-13 12:58 PM
    Ill pass on this leak and will wait for a leak with voice calling on it.
    07-16-13 01:38 PM
    I know this could be off base. Is the stuff in the cars in any possible on a handheld? Soon.

Stuff = the technology that makes stopping or slowing the the vehicle when your head nods or your eyes close.

I'm asking cuz some before mentioned eye tracking and I did have a discussion last night with some whom seemed well versed on things.

Is QNX and TAT working in this space? That would be very interesting to see on a BlackBerry handheld device.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 01:41 PM
    Oh and I use my car to make phone calls anyway so I'm good.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 01:42 PM
    Thanks, I felt like if I responded to that I'd blow up on a newb
    Don't worry, I'm not a n00b.
    All I'm saying is, you guys might expect iOS definition of parallax and all you might get is Android definition of parallax. I'm more inclined to the later due to bigger width than height on shown pics.

/me slowly moving away and not making any eye contact.
    07-16-13 01:47 PM
    All I'm saying is, you guys might expect iOS definition of parallax and all you might get is Android definition of parallax. I'm more inclined to the later due to bigger width than height on shown pics.

I don't expect that it will work exactly like ios or Android. BlackBerry has TAT and I would guess a slightly improved take on parallax...

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 01:50 PM
    Thank you, Kris. This was awesome to try. Can't stay on it as I am overseas but I love what I see!
    07-16-13 01:56 PM
    I know this could be off base. Is the stuff in the cars in any possible on a handheld? Soon.

Stuff = the technology that makes stopping or slowing the the vehicle when your head nods or your eyes close.

I'm asking cuz some before mentioned eye tracking and I did have a discussion last night with some whom seemed well versed on things.

Is QNX and TAT working in this space? That would be very interesting to see on a BlackBerry handheld device.

Posted via CB10
    Have you checked out TAT's videos on YouTube? They have a lot of concepts and probably most will never happen but they've worked on a lot of different things.

There's a concept they made here:

I'm thinking it'll look something like that - but who knows?

Welcome to the forums BTW!
    Mi Lindo Pulgoso likes this.
    07-16-13 02:17 PM
    so its not hot out but yesterday after installing the leak I found a skirt. she asked what I was doing and I said I was checking my leak. she slapped me and jumped into a cab. I guess I should have said leak for my phone....
    Eng.KoD likes this.
    07-16-13 02:17 PM
    Kris. How were you able to confirm the two new camera modes ?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 02:28 PM
    thanks again Kris and all the members who always help those that don't have a clue (even though the same questions get tedious) I don't usually help with peoples questions to be honest but here's a mirror so i feel I've at least contributed a bit lol
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u2g38avvsdba4m6/kVdOQ6MmuD
    07-16-13 02:30 PM
    Have you checked out TAT's videos on YouTube? They have a lot of concepts and probably most will never happen but they've worked on a lot of different things.

There's a concept they made here:

I'm thinking it'll look something like that - but who knows?

Welcome to the forums BTW!
    Or this one! http://youtube.com/watch?v=QYj8suGje3o

so its not hot out but yesterday after installing the leak I found a skirt. she asked what I was doing and I said I was checking my leak. she slapped me and jumped into a cab. I guess I should have said leak for my phone....
    Lol a "skirt?"

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    07-16-13 02:41 PM
    Firefox is a joy to use with this version. JB seems to stabilise nicely.
    07-16-13 02:59 PM
    Firefox is a joy to use with this version. JB seems to stabilise nicely.
    Why do you want to use Firefox? I mean the browser is stunningly fast.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    07-16-13 03:03 PM
    Why do you want to use Firefox? I mean the browser is stunningly fast.

Let's look at the default browser...
    No privacy mode
    No script blocking mode
    No bookmarks sync
    No password sync
    No adblocking mode
    No do not track option

It's OK to check websites you know and trust I guess.
    07-16-13 03:14 PM
    With this leak I synced contacts. It is first of all 10.0.2 leaks.
    Too bad it does not work to call.
    Also to me it does not work: evernote , compass and meteo.
    I noticed a change in setting a photo as wallpaper. Maybe it was when he appeared 10.0.2.xxx.
    A change occur in the setting of a WiFi network.
    The screen seemed less sensitive in some cases. Even the beginning when you connect to blackberry for example.
    07-16-13 03:21 PM
    No privacy mode
    No script blocking mode
    No bookmarks sync
    No password sync
    No adblocking mode
    No do not track option

Thanks for your answer it's a valid point however it doesn't matter that much for me, but we have different preferences. But all of them is reasonable.
    I only have one doubt about your points. I'd never let Firefox store my passwords in a cloud.

07-16-13 03:25 PM
    I'm new here yes but trying to learn. By no means a computer or any kind of tech guy.

I've been treated good here.
    Thanks everyone for that.

I may grab a zee to use for leak testing because I read the be careful warnings. Seems clear to me something may get broke.

Sometimes I think you some of you guys have forgotten how it is to be new or learning.

And have very much liked following Kris around as he is oftentimes very funny. The core group really is fun.

I want my device to follow my eyes and scroll the page as I read. I can't hold it and my beverage of choice and deal with all this touching of the screen. Lol

Posted via CB10
    zeeten and Mi Lindo Pulgoso like this.
    07-16-13 03:26 PM
    hahaha lawlz I laughed so hard it hurts.... cool story bro...
    07-16-13 03:29 PM
    I'm new here yes but trying to learn. By no means a computer or any kind of tech guy.

I may grab a zee to use for leak testing because I read the be careful warnings. Seems clear to me something may get broke.

Sometimes I think you some of you guys have forgotten how it is to be new or learning.

And have very much liked following Kris around as he is oftentimes very funny. The core group really is fun.

I want my device to follow my eyes and scroll the page as I read. I can't hold it and my beverage of choice and deal with all this touching of the screen. Lol

Posted via CB10
    I think you get help from the community because you want to learn. There are a few people that are always just ask and even forget to say thanks. It's great that you spend time to play.
    About your multitasking skills... you have to be as good your phone ;D drinking a beverage shouldn't get in your way to scroll ;P

07-16-13 03:33 PM
    hahaha lawlz I laughed so hard it hurts.... cool story bro...
    We have different paranoias. Yours is farouk ;D

thatplaybookguy and Mecca EL like this.
    07-16-13 03:36 PM
    No privacy mode
    No script blocking mode
    No bookmarks sync
    No password sync
    No adblocking mode
    No do not track option

I'm not disagreeing with you but I wanted to point out that it does have private browsing.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 03:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    I like your style

And ya know if it seems like some of us are harsh, it's because I, and I'm sure others feel this way, refuse to help those who clearly don't do the basics, like read the OP, read the Q&A, I'll never ask someone to go read a technical manual, I'll never ask someone to go and study a full length book, I'll never ask someone to become an expert on their own, but what I will ask everyone is to be respectful of the time others have taken to make material available, and that's why I think some of us get slightly annoyed. Someone creating three threads just to ask for a certain build, someone posting time and again questions asked and answered even at the request of mods/admins, that's not being new, that's asking for it lawlz
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-16-13 03:38 PM
684 ... 1819202122 ...