07-17-13 01:04 PM
684 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    No you're on the right track, there is a spatial reasoning and logic to the construct using sensors in the device, that is part of the concept...
    Will eye tracking be included? Not just movement of the device? Now that would cool. I guess there would sensors looking at me. Could also know I'm not looking at the screen and turn off.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 11:40 PM
    suh-weet! In related news, I just bought a car but it didn't have wheels....it's awesome
    You might just have killed all the cats in the world.

That's why you always read the fine print, people.
    mopar_fxr likes this.
    07-15-13 11:42 PM
    You might just have killed all the cats in the world.

That's why you always read the fine print, people.
    Looks like you have a dog at least!
    VeniceBB likes this.
    07-15-13 11:45 PM
    Can anybody post the 663 bars that work with 483?

Posted via CB10
    Looks like you have a dog at least!
    Sadly, no She belongs to my brother. I do have two cats... better go check on them
    suh-weet! In related news, I just bought a car but it didn't have wheels....it's awesome
    While that's would I would think, I'm continuously amazed at how so many people I know would know any difference... I mean literally if you didn't tell them that voice calls don't work, they wouldn't know the difference, and they wouldn't use their phone any differently...
    07-15-13 11:46 PM
    Sadly, no She belongs to my brother. I do have two cats... better go check on them
    lmao two of mine just walked past, I think we're okay so far. I told Kris when he dropped this he should just never look at the thread again, maybe he listened(probably not though). Hasn't fallen apart too much yet though.
    VeniceBB likes this.
    07-15-13 11:47 PM
    I thank you sooooo very much!!!!!!!!
    07-15-13 11:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    there are a lot. it would be best to download and extract yourself. Unless someone else is willing to upload a zip.
    07-15-13 11:51 PM
    Will eye tracking be included? Not just movement of the device? Now that would cool. I guess there would sensors looking at me. Could also know I'm not looking at the screen and turn off.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think we'll see this, at least it would be a de facto setting, in theory the equipment is there to do this, but I'm not sure how much demand there is for this, and I think the implementations/applications of this in the consumer world are not up to snuff quite yet, anyway this is a niche thing for now... Maybe that's just my dislike of the technology in consumer devices, in government systems I never minded that kind of stuff [those were more security driven, then convenience although there was some of both], but I wouldn't want it on my personal device. I would wait and see if there isn't a native sensor that gets put in for this, as I said in theory the technology is there, but from a technical standpoint I wouldn't personally do this without a natively designed sensor dedicated to a function like this...
    07-15-13 11:51 PM
    Holy s#!t, dude, you're talking about a View Master. That primitive tech was actually inverted holographics...did I just tell our age??!! Oops...

I did notice some gray the other day...

Old tech stuff is still cool if you like to actually touch it. Not that I don't love my new Z. It's like my old 240Z both are my daily drivers.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    07-15-13 11:53 PM
    This ^ the STL100-1 was not a choice by BlackBerry but rather those carriers that carry that model.

Posted via CB10
    Not exactly. In India, carriers have no control as is in USA or Canada. They are only responsible for providing the updates. BlackBerry made this choice since they knew that LTE would not be available in India over a larger area for at least another year.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 11:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Use Darcy's tool (that didn't sound right) split the autoloader then extract the bars from that. Pretty much all the 663 bars will work aside from weather and one or two other apps (can't remember which right now).
    Mecca EL and ralphbu like this.
    07-15-13 11:55 PM
    This has to be one of the funniest post yet...lmao I love reading the posts. if you ever wanna know who the dummies are on the forums just read the first few pages..Kris thx for giving this out for PEOPLE TO TINKER WITH. Oh yeah NO RADIO MEANS NO PHONE CALLS

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and ralphbu like this.
    07-15-13 11:56 PM
    Use Darcy's tool (that din't sound right)
    LOL

Seriously though, it's days like today I really appreciate those guys!
    ralphbu likes this.
    07-15-13 11:56 PM
    It's because the snapdragon chip carries LTE which most don't need where the STL-1 is sold. At that same gesture the omap ti processor is still 1.5GHz dual core, and the -1 actually gets a better GPU than us 2/3/4 users

Posted via CB10
    I'm not very sure about the GPU, since I saw a video comparing the -2 vs the -1 in loading apps and other stuff and the 2 was definitely faster.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 11:58 PM
    Not exactly. In India, carriers have no control as is in USA or Canada. They are only responsible for providing the updates. BlackBerry made this choice since they knew that LTE would not be available in India over a larger area for at least another year.

Posted via CB10
    Trust me everything is a two way street
    07-15-13 11:58 PM
    That's a valid point, when I look at the regions where it is sold it makes sense maybe to have an option to buy this device, but when I think about all the traveling one can do with a BlackBerry, I find it hard to rationalize having a TI chipset sans 4G.
    It's hard to believe how BlackBerry never thought of the traveling users. The least they could have done is to provide options. But with the carriers not releasing updates, users are forced to stick to the 1

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 12:01 AM
    I'm not very sure about the GPU, since I saw a video comparing the -2 vs the -1 in loading apps and other stuff and the 2 was definitely faster.

Posted via CB10
    Speed isn't a good measure of the quality of these chips, it certainly a part of evaluating and comparing two systems, but far from a conclusive end. The STL100-1's GPU architecture is more solid in some considerably important ways. In my opinion of course...
    07-16-13 12:01 AM
    It's hard to believe how BlackBerry never thought of the traveling users. The least they could have done is to provide options. But with the carriers not releasing updates, users are forced to stick to the 1

Posted via CB10
    They did, I know you said what you said about India, but while there is some truth to that, it's not the entire story, the carriers made the call at the end of the day.
    07-16-13 12:02 AM
    And where is 552 I might ask

Posted via CB10
    I understand that Kris only releases a leak once he has moved to a next release.
    From twitter, I believe it is 763

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 12:03 AM
    Aright, I've read every single post in the other thread and no one ever mentions engineering screens. Have you guys tried going in there and comparing settings with a phone that has working calls on a different OS to see what's different. Maybe some adjustments there can get calls to work. It just seems weird that calls do not work, whereas texts do.

PS. My escreen is not working on .483 or I'd post some screenshots. will try to load older version of it.
    07-16-13 12:05 AM
    Hey not gonna try this one but did learn some. Thanks for having me guys always fun being around your threads.

Hope Kris stays around to direct. I for one think he is doing just fine.

Thank you Kris for here and for your service to your country.

Posted via CB10
    chrispdm1 likes this.
    07-16-13 12:08 AM
    They did, I know you said what you said about India, but while there is some truth to that, it's not the entire story, the carriers made the call at the end of the day.
    Okay. Let me explain further. In India, the phones are not even sold by carriers. The sellers are either BlackBerry stores or other retailer partners.
    It is a different market here.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 12:09 AM
    Okay. Let me explain further. In India, the phones are not even sold by carriers. The sellers are either BlackBerry stores or other retailer partners.
    It is a different market here.

Posted via CB10
    But even so, they need to be approved for the market, right? Otherwise you'd end up with a bunch of phones that don't work because they use the wrong frequencies.
    07-16-13 12:12 AM
684 ... 1213141516 ...