07-17-13 01:04 PM
684 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    So this version is 10.2.0.810???? And does it work on STL-100 4?

Posted via CB10 ~ Follow me on Twitter @TheNewsHQ for all news as it happens ~
    Yes that's correct. Well at least for people who haven't read the thread.

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    07-15-13 11:04 PM
    The worse thing is you will not receive carrier support in some parts of the world for anything except a stl-1. The worse part is it sells for a crazy price. much more than the stl-2s and stl-3s
    This ^ the STL100-1 was not a choice by BlackBerry but rather those carriers that carry that model.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 11:04 PM
    Think again my man, think again... I take no pleasure in saying that
    Thank you for your honesty, doesn't feel good knowing I payed an equivalent amount of 700 dollars for a piece of 'crap' compared to the others

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-15-13 11:08 PM
    I looked at video a few posts back, reminds me of the pictures I had as a kid. They were 3d looking made prisom like plastic over a pint on card board.

But I thought the TAT version of this idea let you see behind the image on the screen? Like looking around corner and seeing something completely new. Or like having one piece of paper on screen and tilting the device and seeing page two just behind. Like seeing inside the icon but not opening it. Or am I completely wrong and making stuff up.....

Posted via CB10
    No you're on the right track, there is a spatial reasoning and logic to the construct using sensors in the device, that is part of the concept...
    07-15-13 11:08 PM
    Imagine if it came with Mario Kart...

The thought of that almost has me drooling. It'll never happen, but hey, a girl can dream.
    Mecca EL and 3hb78ftg like this.
    07-15-13 11:10 PM
    This ^ the STL100-1 was not a choice by BlackBerry but rather those carriers that carry that model.

Posted via CB10
    Isn't that just nutz?!?! And the carriers don't even tell them! Anyway I'll back down from the subject a bit if anyone has relevant questions on it feel free to ask, but the situation is what it is I guess, but in the future I can only hope this kind of stuff is addressed quickly and quietly behind closed doors to prevent the possibility of this even happening....
    07-15-13 11:11 PM
    On that note, I have to take your word, because I usually back out of ios/android battles...USUALLY. But this, who wouldn't want this? I bet those same nayers will be the first ones posting screen shots of the latest leak with parallax... Losers.
    I think some people were jealous that BB has TAT yet Apple came out with it first. Lol.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-15-13 11:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    we still got f**ked though
    07-15-13 11:15 PM
    Isn't that just nutz?!?! And the carriers don't even tell them! Anyway I'll back down from the subject a bit if anyone has relevant questions on it feel free to ask, but the situation is what it is I guess, but in the future I can only hope this kind of stuff is addressed quickly and quietly behind closed doors to prevent the possibility of this even happening....
    It's because the snapdragon chip carries LTE which most don't need where the STL-1 is sold. At that same gesture the omap ti processor is still 1.5GHz dual core, and the -1 actually gets a better GPU than us 2/3/4 users

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-15-13 11:16 PM
    Alright...read that thread.
    Still no clue other than someone picking at Kris for no reason.

I will wait it out.

Posted Via CB10 On Z10STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    07-15-13 11:18 PM
    Hi Kris,
    First of all, thank you!! Secondly, How can I reinstall debug token?
    07-15-13 11:19 PM
    stripped the OS, loaded a few of the updated bars... even the cardholder thing (not useable I guess, at this point in time)... everything is smooth. Camera seems to have a new ratio (1:1). Pictures app is smoother for me this time, wasn't in 483.
    Stared at BlackBerry Balance in Settings, wondered how I felt about it's useless presence, then ocd acted up, so I loaded the previous settings files. Voice control, as I believe Mecca pointed out, now supports various languages, and is a bit better, finishes those longer sentences now, though I think 483 was the initial point of fix for that. And best of all, running 483 as the core OS. Now off to make a call or two
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-15-13 11:20 PM
    Hi Kris,
    First of all, thank you!! Secondly, How can I reinstall debug token?
    Assuming you're using the latest Android Pack, run the Renew file. If the debugtoken.bar doesn't want to install, then install it with Sachesi/Chrome extension.
    07-15-13 11:21 PM

I will wait it out.

I pointed you exactly to the one single post that mattered. Clicking the link brought you right to that one post and it still wasn't obvious? I give up. (here's a hint though, you'll have to wait it out anyway)
    00stryder likes this.
    07-15-13 11:21 PM
    stripped the OS, loaded a few of the updated bars... even the cardholder thing (not useable I guess, at this point in time)... everything is smooth. Camera seems to have a new ratio (1:1). Pictures app is smoother for me this time, wasn't in 483.
    Stared at BlackBerry Balance in Settings, wondered how I felt about it's useless presence, then ocd acted up, so I loaded the previous settings files. Voice control, as I believe Mecca pointed out, now supports various languages, and is a bit better, finishes those longer sentences now, though I think 483 was the initial point of fix for that. And best of all, running 483 as the core OS. Now off to make a call or two
    Yeah, I managed to update almost everything in .483 except for Evernote and Weather to the .663 versions. Not sure if the call problem is in the phone app in .663 or somewhere else, so I'm leaving that out too.
    AshDeezy likes this.
    07-15-13 11:22 PM
    It's because the snapdragon chip carries LTE which most don't need where the STL-1 is sold. At that same gesture the omap ti processor is still 1.5GHz dual core, and the -1 actually gets a better GPU than us 2/3/4 users

Posted via CB10
    That's a valid point, when I look at the regions where it is sold it makes sense maybe to have an option to buy this device, but when I think about all the traveling one can do with a BlackBerry, I find it hard to rationalize having a TI chipset sans 4G.
    ukmight likes this.
    07-15-13 11:24 PM

I will wait it out.

Yep... you'll be waiting for a while...
    07-15-13 11:25 PM
    I'm compelled to agree, stl-1 users got jerked. I wouldn't mind a thread, asking Thor in good faith, to replace some of the supporting stl-1 users device with a 2 . Adam has my vote!
    Actually it's on Thor's road map right after bringing back research and development for bb10 to PlayBook. :rofl:

Mecca EL likes this.
    07-15-13 11:27 PM
    Yeah, I managed to update almost everything in .483 except for Evernote and Weather to the .663 versions. Not sure if the call problem is in the phone app in .663 or somewhere else, so I'm leaving that out too.
    Weather does not work for you? I got it to load and run.
    Picture editor crashes, now noticed that, so I'll revert to 483's version.
    Not touching the phone app what-so-ever
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-15-13 11:29 PM
    I looked at video a few posts back, reminds me of the pictures I had as a kid. They were 3d looking made prisom like plastic over a pint on card board.

But I thought the TAT version of this idea let you see behind the image on the screen? Like looking around corner and seeing something completely new. Or like having one piece of paper on screen and tilting the device and seeing page two just behind. Like seeing inside the icon but not opening it. Or am I completely wrong and making stuff up.....

Posted via CB10
    Holy s#!t, dude, you're talking about a View Master. That primitive tech was actually inverted holographics...did I just tell our age??!! Oops...

Imagine if it came with Mario Kart...

Best game EVER!!! Any game that requires more than 3 buttons and a joystick or pad...f^@k 'em!!

Million dollar idea...

Posted via CB10
    +1

Agreed. Normally I say nothing at all regardless of all the technology I use, I usually have a rule to limit my talk to the tech on the boards, but this was inevitable. I just love technology of all kinds! Hopefully this will become so integrated into BlackBerry OS 10, we can talk about it without having to reference Apple and call it our own
    Amen!!
    3hb78ftg, 00stryder and VeniceBB like this.
    07-15-13 11:31 PM
    You can replace the phone app with no issues. The calling feature is crippled in the core 663 not in the apps (bar files). So regardless of what people do hybrid wise to straight 663 they will NOT get calls to work. However you can run Core 483 with 663 bars and be fine.
    07-15-13 11:32 PM
    Btw 10.2.0.810 is now on beta server builds between 552 and 810 I've been informed are all junk and well we can tell by lack of voice. This is why employees where told to downgrade to 552

Posted via CB10
    And where is 552 I might ask

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 11:34 PM
    Loving this thread Btw didn't see law boy and the other one yet who were desperate to have this leak

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 likes this.
    07-15-13 11:37 PM
    And where is 552 I might ask

Posted via CB10
    On the CSE Beta
    07-15-13 11:38 PM
    Data text everything works but voice calls

Posted via CB10
    suh-weet! In related news, I just bought a car but it didn't have wheels....it's awesome
    stevepar likes this.
    07-15-13 11:39 PM
684 ... 1112131415 ...