07-17-13 01:04 PM
684 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Whoa there talk a little bit slower for them! Also, you used the words that are too big: functional and employees which are 10 and 9 letters long, so while you're at it shortening your words is a safe bet too...
    At least bbry was shortened... that would be 10 letters too. But wait what does hence mean?
    Pdinos3 and Mecca EL like this.
    07-15-13 10:45 PM
    I'm aware of that... I don't think I'm explaining myself well. I believe he is referring to this: Release roadmap - Native SDK for BB10 and PlayBook - BlackBerry Developer
    If so then what I'm trying to say is that this is for the Native SDK and has nothing to do with the software builds that we are seeing. It is saying that Developers have the tools to develop applications with WiFi Direct but not that it has been baked into the OS. So my point is there is no reason that it would necessarily be on any official release or internal build for that matter and that those that have a Q just got lucky because they have access to it. A lot of the stuff just isn't accessible through the user interface yet, but that doesn't mean it is not yet there.
    Well that's what I was trying to get at, I get what you're saying, you have a valid point, but in this case it will be in the builds, we know that much, and we know by what builds things will be absolutely present, unless we're told differently. It's a bit odd, that's why I put the quotes around the roadmap comment, because these aren't your traditional roadmaps, if they were you'd be 100% correct, but this is running a bit differently...
    07-15-13 10:48 PM
    Yyyyeeeaazzzzzz!!! Like for shiz you now it's going down if we get a full thing here, I hope this isn't just a test bed, BlackBerry should commit to this hard core. I mean I'm sorry to say this, but I don't understand why anyone purchased the STL100-1, unless they needed HSPA+ Channel 2, there is no reason why anyone should purchase the hardware build, I actually think that so many people got completely jipped out of their experience, I normally don't feel bad for those in these situations, but even for me I feel bad for STL100-1 owners...

But for realz we can get some old school Pokemon stuff going, I haven't seen that stuff in years, but it's pure nostalgia!
    I'm compelled to agree, stl-1 users got jerked. I wouldn't mind a thread, asking Thor in good faith, to replace some of the supporting stl-1 users device with a 2 . Adam has my vote!
    Adam Szucs and 00stryder like this.
    It's some seriously sick looking 3-D gfx on mobile platforms, it was about the only thing that I really went nutz for at this years WWDC! If we're getting full roll out, this is going to add some serious style to our devices!! I will be looking into the connection later and seeing how deep parallex is going into BlackBerry OS 10. If I can come up with anything that's solid I'll certainly post back. Let me put it this way for everyone, if you don't know what parallex is, you want it... end of story lawlz
    It's what iOS 7 has... watch out when you tell people here, they all said it's stupid and pointless on iOS.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    Well that's what I was trying to get at, I get what you're saying, you have a valid point, but in this case it will be in the builds, we know that much, and we know by what builds things will be absolutely present, unless we're told differently. It's a bit odd, that's why I put the quotes around the roadmap comment, because these aren't your traditional roadmaps, if they were you'd be 100% correct, but this is running a bit differently...
    I think we may be saying the same thing here lol but... my point is, that road map has absolutely nothing to do with when those things will be in the Operating System.
    07-15-13 10:50 PM
    Alright I'll be patient with you because while nothing you said is wrong it's just irrelevant. STL100-1 is a completely different animal from the ground up, the chip set, the proc., the radio, SoC, GPU, every piece of hardware the STL100-1 build got the shaft, that's why STL100-1 is called "London" and STL100-2/3/4 are called "Liverpool" they are vastly different in every way. That doesn't mean they are 100% incompatible, but they chances are if something works on Liverpool it very well might not work on London, hence the required testing. As I said in my previous post I do feel bad for STL100-1 users, you can't imagine the kind of hardware they have to deal with...
    Didn't say that it doesn't require testing. The beta build server has it available for all stl users, i'd think BlackBerry wouldn't do something so pig headed to have less support for one of the stl versions?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 10:50 PM
    I'm compelled to agree, stl-1 users got jerked. I wouldn't mind a thread, asking Thor in good faith, to replace some of the supporting stl-1 users device with a 2 . Adam has my vote!
    I mean seriously they could make this happen, but I think a very small portion of the STL100-1 users realize this Because it's so sad people shouldn't have to worry about techy specs like that because most consumers don't know that stuff, I would wish BlackBerry would do something for them, it would seem completely reasonable to me... Or at least if they contnue to sell them, place on the box a note saying "hey listen up this is what you are buying, and this is what you could buy for the same price"
    Mecca EL and sayf777 like this.
    07-15-13 10:52 PM
    Wait serious question, I get no voice calls, but does that include emergency calls? I believe you can call 911 without a SIM, so I think this is a legit question.
    You forgot to include receiving calls...

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    Essoo and Blacklatino like this.
    07-15-13 10:53 PM
    How do we install this is? Over the 10.2.0.341dev os, or do we just install this file?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 10:54 PM
    The worse thing is you will not receive carrier support in some parts of the world for anything except a stl-1. The worse part is it sells for a crazy price. much more than the stl-2s and stl-3s

I mean seriously they could make this happen, but I think a very small portion of the STL100-1 users realize this Because it's so sad people shouldn't have to worry about techy specs like that because most consumers don't know that stuff, I would wish BlackBerry would do something for them, it would seem completely reasonable to me... Or at least if they contnue to sell them, place on the box a note saying "hey listen up this is what you are buying, and this is what you could buy for the same price"
    07-15-13 10:54 PM
    anyone got a non file factory mirror?
    07-15-13 10:55 PM
    It's what iOS 7 has... watch out when you tell people here, they all said it's stupid and pointless on iOS.
    I'm sorry I've yet to see that here, in fact many people here including me, use both BlackBerry and iOS... The whole point was that this was the one thing we'd want from iOS7 which I think will be the Windows Vista of mobile iOS builds... Anyway, people will say what they want, but it'll be dumb of them not to realize good technology when it's biting them right in the a**, so to cover myself from anyone reading this my recommendation always never discriminate based on brands, discriminate based on technology!
    07-15-13 10:55 PM
    I don't understand so I can't make phone calls

Posted via CB10
    Yes you can make phone calls...they just won't connect.

pili4 likes this.
    07-15-13 10:56 PM
    The worse thing is you will not receive carrier support in some parts of the world for anything except a stl-1. The worse part is it sells for a crazy price. much more than the stl-2s and stl-3s
    Ugh, I'm not even going to lie, thinking about this actually slightly bothers me, it's like hey we'll give you a deal on your phone, here's a discount, and most people can't just afford the full price like you say, it's sad... First world problems for sure, but still it's a problem.
    07-15-13 10:57 PM
    Where is my unicorn and rainbows...
    On the other side of the skittles rainbow.

Surprise!!!-skittles-rainbow.jpg

07-15-13 10:57 PM
    Yes you can make phone calls...they just won't connect.

You can't silence farouk, none of us can...
    toobs623, Pdinos3 and 3hb78ftg like this.
    07-15-13 10:58 PM
    Didn't say that it doesn't require testing. The beta build server has it available for all stl users, i'd think BlackBerry wouldn't do something so pig headed to have less support for one of the stl versions?

Posted via CB10
    Think again my man, think again... I take no pleasure in saying that
    07-15-13 10:59 PM
    The fact that it has no voice is odd to say the least. SMS works perfectly fine so the device is transmitting in and out on the voice channels. Device did not even detect an incoming call either. Well I liked what I seen, but alas I need to revert back to .483, thanks again Kris. Looks awesome and it shows BB is really wanting to make a go of this OS.
    Just an FYI: SMS is an out of band signalling protocol - it's not on the same link as voice. The voice network could be offline and SMS would still work. (As it sometimes does during emergency situations).
    07-15-13 11:00 PM
    How do we install this is? Over the 10.2.0.341dev os, or do we just install this file?

Posted via CB10
    If you have to ask I'm not sure this build is for you, there's a great deal missing, this really isn't to use day-to-day, just if you want to play with 10.2 a little more...
    On that note, I have to take your word, because I usually back out of ios/android battles...USUALLY. But this, who wouldn't want this? I bet those same nayers will be the first ones posting screen shots of the latest leak with parallax... Losers.

Posted via CB10
    341's radio is necessary, yes.
    00stryder likes this.
    Guys you don't want me to post anything if it's annoying fine i won't

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 11:01 PM
    I looked at video a few posts back, reminds me of the pictures I had as a kid. They were 3d looking made prisom like plastic over a pint on card board.

But I thought the TAT version of this idea let you see behind the image on the screen? Like looking around corner and seeing something completely new. Or like having one piece of paper on screen and tilting the device and seeing page two just behind. Like seeing inside the icon but not opening it. Or am I completely wrong and making stuff up.....

Posted via CB10
    mujahid 10 likes this.
    07-15-13 11:01 PM
    Isn't that the same effect that renders in the 3DS? Holy s#!t, all we need is a Pokemon game and users worldwide will lose their lunch...except stl-1 users. I can't help it guys
    Imagine if it came with Mario Kart...

VeniceBB, 00stryder and Mecca EL like this.
    07-15-13 11:02 PM
    Imagine if it came with Mario Kart...

Million dollar idea...

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 11:03 PM
    On that note, I have to take your word, because I usually back out of ios/android battles...USUALLY. But this, who wouldn't want this? I bet those same nayers will be the first ones posting screen shots of the latest leak with parallax... Losers.
    Agreed. Normally I say nothing at all regardless of all the technology I use, I usually have a rule to limit my talk to the tech on the boards, but this was inevitable. I just love technology of all kinds! Hopefully this will become so integrated into BlackBerry OS 10, we can talk about it without having to reference Apple and call it our own
    07-15-13 11:04 PM
684 ... 1011121314 ...