I had some RFA problems on my Z10, so I decided to take the plunge and start from scratch. I ran the Multiwipe tool and then the 2072 Autoloader.
    Everything went well it seems but one strange thing happened: I'm on AT&T and it had the AT&T boot screen with the AT&T logo and something "Possibilities" I think. Now however, whenever it boots, it shows a different AT&T logo without anything else written on it and I also observed that at the same time I can now change the APN in the Network Settings, which has always been greyed out and impossible to edit.

Question: Did I unbrand my phone with running Multiwipe?
    02-12-15 06:53 AM
    I never wipe my phone. I have no idea what you did.
    02-12-15 08:24 AM
    I did the same autoloader install on a AT&T Z10 and I have the same new screen and I can change APN. Didn't do a wipe though.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 08:35 AM
    So it must be the Autoloader then. At least I'm not alone. But it actually isn't a bad thing. We got more freedom now.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 11:59 AM
    Yesterday was the day all US carriers had to make it so all out of contract phones can be unlocked. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
    02-12-15 12:39 PM
    Yesterday was the day all US carriers had to make it so all out of contract phones can be unlocked. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
    Don't know, my phone has been unlocked since over a year.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 03:01 PM
    It's impossible to debrand your BlackBerry. The boot screen is part of the OS, so you are simply experiencing the one contained in 2072 now. If it was debranded, you wouldn't see a carrier logo upon boot.

As for unlocking, I'm not aware of any way for a carrier to unlock a phone remotely. You have to enter the code into the phone.
    02-12-15 10:02 PM
    It's impossible to debrand your BlackBerry. The boot screen is part of the OS, so you are simply experiencing the one contained in 2072 now. If it was debranded, you wouldn't see a carrier logo upon boot.

As for unlocking, I'm not aware of any way for a carrier to unlock a phone remotely. You have to enter the code into the phone.
    So there is something in that Autoloader that tells the phone to set the APN to the current carrier, but NOT to lock it and disable editing and to use the logo that the OS provides. Is that also connected to that in the About Network screen it says that there is no information available for the LTE bands? It only shows the UMTS bands. Does all this info usually come from the SIM card?
    02-13-15 06:31 AM
    So there is something in that Autoloader that tells the phone to set the APN to the current carrier, but NOT to lock it and disable editing and to use the logo that the OS provides. Is that also connected to that in the About Network screen it says that there is no information available for the LTE bands? It only shows the UMTS bands. Does all this info usually come from the SIM card?
    Carrier branding is flashed to the chipset still AFAIK, though with BB10 a non-branded phone I believe will pull info from the SIM card.
    02-13-15 10:50 PM
    They took off the unlock sequence. You could edit the APN before if you did the double swipe up from the bottom to bring up the keyboard and type apn. You could not see it when you typed apn it but the grayed out areas could then be edited and saved. It may have been the physical keyboard that made them remove the unlock sequence.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 01:23 AM