I love the community spirit of the leakers, positive contributors and mods here, but we can always do better!

I say STOP THE INSANITY of having to scan 100's of posts for each leak just to find out basic info you need on whether to test it or make it your daily driver.

Therefore I humbly submit a simple (sorry, Google-based) form to capture feedback and help readers easily & quickly pick their leak!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JkA...WTPvI/viewform

I hope you can see this is the simplest of hacks, but the intention is pure - to save most of us a lot of time picking our leak using basic criteria. Therefore, I'm certainly open to feedback on:

• Typos / errors
    • More / less feedback items needed on basic form
    • Need for an advanced form? (not created yet)
    • Other things you'd like to see
    • Info you think is unnecessary / redundant already on form

The Google forms analytics fit the bill for what most of us will want to see. Please let me know if you want me to publish a link to the spreadsheet as well for more advanced reporting / sorting options.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JkA.../viewanalytics

I hope this becomes useful enough to merit a sticky, but most of all I just want to save us all a LOT of time while increasing the quality of leak feedback to the leakers and mods.

Enjoy!

UPDATE #1 - Looks like the Analytics output needs some tweaking for basic filtering. Working on it (slowly) so thx for the early input and stay tuned!
    UPDATE #2 - Here is the link to the results spreadsheet for folks to manually filter / sort the feedback before I figure out advanced Google Analytics ...
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UE&usp=sharing
    Last edited by bvn007; 08-01-13 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Google Analytics improvements needed
    08-01-13 03:45 PM
    Submitted my info!
    bvn007 likes this.
    08-01-13 04:03 PM
    How about people try it themselves and revert back if it's not up to snuff. I see a leak I load it and read people's reactions on cb10. If I have problems that are unbearable I'll revert back. I haven't had to yet because everyone's situation is different. People that ask if there are certain features that they are holding out on should just try it themselves. That's what I say

Posted via CB10
    bvn007 likes this.
    08-01-13 04:05 PM
    How about people try it themselves and revert back if it's not up to snuff. I see a leak I load it and read people's reactions on cb10. If I have problems that are unbearable I'll revert back. I haven't had to yet because everyone's situation is different. People that ask if there are certain features that they are holding out on should just try it themselves. That's what I say

Posted via CB10
    Yes of course, that option is always available! This is by no means a mandatory form - just a potentially useful optional tool for those of us who test less frequently and would rather assess others' experiences before loading
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    08-01-13 04:11 PM
    You should add an option, if possible, in the analytics to view data by OS. Say: OS 10.2.0.810, X% of ppl like it, X% say apps are working perfectly, etc. OS 10.1.0.4687 X% of ppl like it, and so on and so forth.
    bvn007 likes this.
    08-01-13 08:04 PM
    First and foremost, Great Job bvn007 and many thanks for your efforts !!
    I was wondering, when viewing the results, must I always see the results for all OS versions or can I view them individually ??
    bvn007 likes this.
    08-02-13 12:35 AM
    You should add an option, if possible, in the analytics to view data by OS. Say: OS 10.2.0.810, X% of ppl like it, X% say apps are working perfectly, etc. OS 10.1.0.4687 X% of ppl like it, and so on and so forth.
    First and foremost, Great Job bvn007 and many thanks for your efforts !!
    I was wondering, when viewing the results, must I always see the results for all OS versions or can I view them individually ??
    Hi Guys,

You both have the right idea - turns out I'm learning Google's simple form tool as I go here. I will try to see how sophisticated their analytics view is. Alternatively I may have to rework the form so that you enter your Model / Carrier / Leak combo as the answer for every important question / category such as Battery Life, App Compatibility, etc...

P.S. - Thanks to all 21 (+ 3 blanks) of you who responded so far! I'll do what I can to help you get more insight from this data ASAP
    08-02-13 05:39 PM
    I love the community spirit of the leakers, positive contributors and mods here, but we can always do better!

I say STOP THE INSANITY of having to scan 100's of posts for each leak just to find out basic info you need on whether to test it or make it your daily driver.

Therefore I humbly submit a simple (sorry, Google-based) form to capture feedback and help readers easily & quickly pick their leak!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JkA...WTPvI/viewform

I hope you can see this is the simplest of hacks, but the intention is pure - to save most of us a lot of time picking our leak using basic criteria. Therefore, I'm certainly open to feedback on:

• Typos / errors
    • More / less feedback items needed on basic form
    • Need for an advanced form? (not created yet)
    • Other things you'd like to see
    • Info you think is unnecessary / redundant already on form

The Google forms analytics fit the bill for what most of us will want to see. Please let me know if you want me to publish a link to the spreadsheet as well for more advanced reporting / sorting options.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JkA.../viewanalytics

I hope this becomes useful enough to merit a sticky, but most of all I just want to save us all a LOT of time while increasing the quality of leak feedback to the leakers and mods.

Enjoy!

UPDATE #1 - Looks like the Analytics output needs some tweaking for basic filtering. Working on it (slowly) so thx for the early input and stay tuned!
    UPDATE #2 - Here is the link to the results spreadsheet for folks to manually filter / sort the feedback before I figure out advanced Google Analytics ...
    STELLAR! Just flashed 10.1.0.4687 onto my Q10, will monitor for +/- 48 hrs and add to this. Thanks & well done!
    bvn007 likes this.
    08-02-13 06:13 PM
    BTW - Friendly reminder that even before I deliver the Analytics view improvements you can already *today* simply view the resulting Google spreadsheet online, then filter or sort by the OS release, carrier, model, etc... which you care about!

08-02-13 09:56 PM
    I love reading all the posts! It reminds me why tech shouldn't be in the hands of those who don't RTFM.

Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4651 via CB10
    bvn007 likes this.
    08-02-13 10:00 PM