07-18-13 01:14 AM
1,016 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    Unfortunately i too have lost all my Text messages even after a full Restore. My Contacts have yet to sync properly ( Like pictures, and Facebook pictures when you linked, Ect.)
    And my Contact names don't show up in while texting.
    If anyone knows a fix for this that would be great.

Im going to be running Battery Guru and Posting the Battery Drain Results for the Next 10 hours,
    Tonight

-GPS is way better, The location is way more Accurate then the Official Release from Rogers i was on before
    - A Few improvements and touch ups in App World
    - Text Messages did not restore and doesnt not show contact names
    - System Account Notifications show up in the Hub above list
    Last edited by SWAT-ron2k11; 07-05-13 at 01:53 PM.
    07-05-13 01:02 PM
    Gotcha. Gimme a sec...

Posted via CB10

Edit...

Here you go - PictureViewer bar. 341: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwr-...it?usp=sharing
    Thanks
    07-05-13 01:07 PM
    Any way to turn off the "Connect to Open WiFi" network - the notification keeps on opening and the blinking red light is driving me crazy.
    It actually renders this leak useless since it interferes with real notifications
    Any luck solving this issue?! It's driving me crazy also and does kind of render the leak useless. Unchecking "Prompt when a saved Wi-fi hotspot is found nearby" didn't do it for me.
    07-05-13 01:07 PM
    I'm having trouble getting my side loaded apps to open.. anyone else? I just get the Blackberry screen with the blue loading bar at the bottom

Posted from CB10 using a Blackberry Z10
    07-05-13 01:09 PM
    I'm having trouble getting my side loaded apps to open.. anyone else? I just get the Blackberry screen with the blue loading bar at the bottom

wait for the bar loading animation to complete. if you open a sideloaded app after a fresh restart it takes a while.
    07-05-13 01:10 PM
    You just have to wait for that bar to complete, it's a loading bar, and happens after a new os is loaded for the first time.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 01:12 PM
    You just have to wait for that bar to complete, it's a loading bar, and happens after a new os is loaded for the first time.
    Mine never completes if I restore my Application Data. I have to do a security wipe and just restore just my Settings. It's happened on every OS I've installed, leaked and official.
    07-05-13 01:18 PM
    So after trying upgrading to 10.2 and loosing all my passwords in password keeper, i decided that i was going to move my passwords which i did. i made word document and stored them in the cloud. Now moving to this leak i followed the instructions and setup my phone as if i just got it. All is working well so far and the only issue i've had is the payment issue in app world and we all know how to fix that.

Ofcourse this works for me and it might not work for others but its a good step to take. Cheers and thanks for the leak OP
    07-05-13 01:18 PM
    Please, how do I mute the sound of the keys when typing? Thank you.
    07-05-13 01:19 PM
    So after trying upgrading to 10.2 and loosing all my passwords in password keeper, i decided that i was going to move my passwords which i did. i made word document and stored them in the cloud. Now moving to this leak i followed the instructions and setup my phone as if i just got it. All is working well so far and the only issue i've had is the payment issue in app world and we all know how to fix that.

Ofcourse this works for me and it might not work for others but its a good step to take. Cheers and thanks for the leak OP
    You might want to try this app.
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/30539888

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 01:24 PM
    feedback in language and input.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 01:25 PM
    Settings > Language and Input > Feedback
    turn down the volume in the Language and KB > Feedback settings, just like always
    Wifi Calling Does Not Disable.

This question has come up a few times in this thread. It appears there is no section in settings to setup wifi calling preferences (like there was in the Bold 9900). It just comes on whenever your connect to a wifi network. And it does not turn off your phones radio (like the 9900).

If you check out the threads for 10.2 tmobile has a wifi calling app in the app store. My guess is that although wifi calling is built into the OS, control of the preferences will come from the seperate application.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 01:26 PM
    i have just read this entire thread, as I do usually when a leak comes out, and I must say and congratulate the Crackberry Community on being so supportive and kind to fellow users and newbies to leak installing. I feel proud to be a part of this community. The leak is great as with the support from all of YOU!
    07-05-13 01:27 PM
    To show you what they went from.. also, they didn't just swap names, they actually changed. So I'm guessing it's cashed from old names I gave them.

Posted via CB10
    how did you have the foresight to screenshot the old folders? to go to sleep and wake up to discover they had been automatically renamed and been so lucky you screenshot them the night before!

also I have two folders and they weren't renamed overnight, or ever.
    07-05-13 01:28 PM
    Even though nobody replied to my question about tethering, I took the liberty of extracting the escreen bar from 10.1.0.2354 and installed it on this build and BINGO, the option to disable VZW over Tethering/MHS Entitlement was active again. And now I am able to tether once again!

Here's the bar file in case anyone wants it:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Nk...it?usp=sharing
    ******* brilliant! Thanks!!!
    caltrmptguy86 likes this.
    07-05-13 01:40 PM
    Working beautifully. Installed 4 hours ago. No restore just reloaded everything. Previous OS I was running was .2354 official on EE UK.

Only question is has foursquare been in hub long. Just noticed it.

STL100-2/3/4 leaked 10.1.0.4537-img_00000002.png

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Z10 STL100-2
    07-05-13 01:40 PM
    Only question is has foursquare been in hub long. Just noticed it.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Z10 STL100-2
    Foursquare in the Hub was part of the last update to the app if I remember correctly, although it'll only show up on newer builds of 10.1.
    07-05-13 01:46 PM
    here's what somebody posted on another thread:

Originally Posted by Alooi Divona
    For everyone who's facing issues restoring via link try this method..

1. Install the leaked os
    2. Run through setup but don't login your BBID when it asks
    3. Restore through link, it will say the device is not associated with the BBID
    4. Hit cancel
    5. In you mobile go to setting and login to your BBID
    5. Restore using link and it will succeed

Note. If restoring stuck on 100% reboot the device by holding the power button for 10 second

Note 2. If you already logged in BBID you will have to do a security wipe and start from step 2

Note 3. Didn't try this method on this leak but worked for me when I get back from 10.2 to 10.1

Note 4. And the finall do it at your own risk xD
    Damn this actually works! Thank you so much
    07-05-13 01:49 PM
    Thanks for tracking this down and sharing. Any downside to a lower-rev escreen bar?
    Not from what I can see... My phone hasn't done anything out of the ordinary. But I'll keep you posted if I see anything different.
    07-05-13 01:53 PM
    Nope, runs smoother.. infact

Sent from my Z10
    07-05-13 01:58 PM
    Not all of my games work with this build, particularly the Stick Sports games, even the ones I downloaded from BlackBerry World, very odd.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 02:02 PM
    has anyone tested this leak on a Z10 STL-4
    07-05-13 02:03 PM
    Now that I've had the OS out in the real world for a bit longer, a few more observations:

1) As I mentioned before, this OS still hasn't eradicated animation stutter completely for me, but it's almost gone. Very rare and brief now, 98% of the time it's buttery-smooth. Having said that, any Active Frames which rotate images (i.e. BlackBerry World, CB10) still cause some stuttering. A bit more optimization needed.
    2) Still no luck getting Remote File Access working, but it's not too important to me so I've given up on that for now.
    3) The Simple Password is fantastic, just what I've wanted. Adds a bit of security without being significantly inconvenient.
    4) Skipping lines in SMS and BBM works - awesome!
    4) The Contacts app still needs a heck of a lot of work. Issues with duplicating emails/phone numbers/birthdays when linking contacts, and if you mark the very first contact in your list as a favourite, their contact entry will disappear from the list (although the appropriate favourites thumbnail will appear above) until you exit the list and re-enter it. And although personally I don't need it, a groups/categories feature seems like a pretty essential thing to have for quite a few people.

On the whole, this is without a doubt the best OS so far. I'm hoping a bit more work is put into it before official release, but I'm loving the progress BlackBerry is making.
    zocster and VR6 like this.
    07-05-13 02:03 PM
1,016 ... 2829303132 ...