07-18-13 01:14 AM
1,016 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    Me too. Don't understand it. Tried everything but I've just resigned to the fact they're gone. Shame.

Posted via CB10
    Some of the other leaks required you to disable radios before upgrading and disabling them before doing the restore. Maybe that can help...
    07-05-13 10:08 AM
    Does anyone know where the contacts are backed up on link software? Ex: settings, media, or app data? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:09 AM
    Some of the other leaks required you to disable radios before upgrading and disabling them before doing the restore. Maybe that can help...
    Thanks, tried that to no avail

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:09 AM
    In the process of doing a security wipe. Never done one before. How long does it take to complete? I assumed it would be quick, but its taking a while?
    07-05-13 10:12 AM
    Does anyone know where the contacts are backed up on link software? Ex: settings, media, or app data? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    It's in settings

Posted via CB10
    vulfadli likes this.
    07-05-13 10:12 AM
    In the process of doing a security wipe. Never done one before. How long does it take to complete? I assumed it would be quick, but its taking a while?
    At least 30 mins, depending on how much you have installed.

Posted via CB10
    TecumsehBrewer likes this.
    07-05-13 10:13 AM
    Not sure if it is said anywhere here but could someone post all their findings in a post?! Would be awesome to see all the little features and updates to the os here!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:14 AM
    I havea question as well: Let's say you have your contacts linked with SIM-Local-Outlook or Google and you make changes to a contact like a different phone number or you want to add a birthdate. On all of the builds I had installed when doing that, it either unlinked it from the others thus creating a duplicate or even going as far as deleting a link completely and no way to recreate it. What I always wound up having to do was deleting all the links associated with that contact and entering it from scratch completely just to make it stick.
    Simply relinking (if id didn't get deleted) didn't work, as after a reboot it was unlinked again.
    Does this work any better in this build?
    07-05-13 10:15 AM
    It's in settings

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Mecca. This will speed up my restore process as this is all I will restore.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:16 AM
    Oh I didn't know I could do this. I just thought it was a bug or there to show which message you are leaving, but didn't know you could quickly switch message with it! Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:19 AM
    Me too. Don't understand it. Tried everything but I've just resigned to the fact they're gone. Shame.

Posted via CB10
    Well I reloaded 2062 and went through the restore process with the same exact bbb file and they all showed up. So the texts are still in the restore file, just not getting put into the phone properly. After going back to 2062 I reloaded 4537 and the same thing happened. Everything else works fantastically and it's a shame that I may have to stick with 2062. I never realized how much important info I get via text message.

I wonder if there is another way to extract them? Or save on SIM or media card?
    anon5814103 likes this.
    07-05-13 10:22 AM
    We will see how this goes

STL100-2/3/4 leaked 10.1.0.4537-img_00000009.png

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:23 AM
    After restart, my sideload app with xsacha 2.3.3 method, they won't load anymore just appear blank screen

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:23 AM
    Installed this OS last night and but for a few hiccups, things went well. Using Darcy's toolbox I was able to restore from 10.2.0.93 but I lost all but one of my BBM message chat history and my contacts were a bit of mess. Call history was also lost. Text and whatsapps message came over OK. During setup, I received a 7MB carrier update that once installed, showed a notification to the effect that the phone was now updated to 10.1.0.4537. I thought that was interesting.

More than 12 hours later, I am pleasantly surprised at the battery discharge.rate On the previous OS, the rate was 10% per hour; so far with this OS, discharge rate is 5% per hour with moderate use. Interestingly, the 5% was what I was experiencing with 2354 so I am glad to be back to that.

I haven't experienced any lagging and Adroid apps seem to work just fine. I haven't had a chance to check out wifi calling (I am on Rogers). Initially I was getting false BBM notifications but that seemed to have settled down (hopefully). I miss not having the BBM chat history but it isn't life or death.

Love the simpler password PIN though alphanumeric didn't really bother me. Looking forward to playing around some more with this OS and related features on the weekend.
    Last edited by KemKev; 07-05-13 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Update re call history
    07-05-13 10:24 AM
    I havea question as well: Let's say you have your contacts linked with SIM-Local-Outlook or Google and you make changes to a contact like a different phone number or you want to add a birthdate. On all of the builds I had installed when doing that, it either unlinked it from the others thus creating a duplicate or even going as far as deleting a link completely and no way to recreate it. What I always wound up having to do was deleting all the links associated with that contact and entering it from scratch completely just to make it stick.
    Simply relinking (if id didn't get deleted) didn't work, as after a reboot it was unlinked again.
    Does this work any better in this build?
    I've grappled with this situation also, early on. My number one solution, I use an app to keep a local contact copy on my phones sd. Contact X does this well.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:27 AM
    Well I reloaded 2062 and went through the restore process with the same exact bbb file and they all showed up. So the texts are still in the restore file, just not getting put into the phone properly. After going back to 2062 I reloaded 4537 and the same thing happened. Everything else works fantastically and it's a shame that I may have to stick with 2062. I never realized how much important info I get via text message.

I wonder if there is another way to extract them? Or save on SIM or media card?
    There's a 2 bucks app in BlackBerry world called sms backup that lets you export and import texts to/from xml, allowing exporting to other platforms too if needed. If I were you and use sms's to store important data and info, I would buy it, I would feel safer

Sent from the Dark Side
    Mecca EL, anon5814103 and marcho11 like this.
    07-05-13 10:27 AM
    There's a 2 bucks app in BlackBerry world called sms backup that lets you export and inport texts to xml, allowing exporting to other platforms too if needed. If I were you and use sms's to store important data and info, I would buy it, I would feel safer

Sent from the Dark Side
    That may just solve this, and any future similar issues. Thank you.
    07-05-13 10:30 AM
    Anybody running into this issue?

Anyone having issues with the time zone when creating new calendar appointments? When I create a new appointment, it has a different time zone from what is in my 'Date and Time' settings. If you change to the correct time zone in the new appointment, it offsets it from what it was initially??
    07-05-13 10:36 AM
    There's a 2 bucks app in BlackBerry world called sms backup that lets you export and import texts to/from xml, allowing exporting to other platforms too if needed. If I were you and use sms's to store important data and info, I would buy it, I would feel safer

Sent from the Dark Side
    Great, thanks.. just bought it, will load up old os, restore, get contacts back, load this one up, then restore texts.

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:36 AM
    This version is super smooth.

Even the settings launches fast now.

Posted via CB10
    blakobecwa likes this.
    07-05-13 10:39 AM
    Yes, well you can 'add a bookmark' in BlackBerry World now by pressing the three dots.

I'm trying to add pictures but cb10 isn't letting me? Is anyone else having the same issue?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by proudtobe_bb; 07-05-13 at 11:03 AM.
    07-05-13 10:40 AM
    After restart, my sideload app with xsacha 2.3.3 method, they won't load anymore just appear blank screen

Posted via CB10
    Mine had a blank screen for a while after I loaded my first one up after reboot. Now they all work.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:40 AM
    This is the best OS I've been on, and I've changed 4 since I got my phone on June 27!!!

Happy to report that I'm on 50% battery at about 7pm, from a 100% at noon!!

The OS is pretty quick and never has been laggy or any thing.. i don't use many apps except Whatsapp, fb, twitter, battery guru, CB..

Very content with this OS.. I'm in India and on Airtel so I don't know about Wi-fi calling..

I have a problem with my contacts, the caller is not identified on an incoming calls even though the contact is saved on my Gmail which is synced to the phone.. oh I also hate to see all my Twitter and Facebook contacts (I know about the setting to hide them, but I rather that they just not show up to begin with) ..

So in love with the Z10 and the virtual keyboard really rocks!!

Posted via CB10
    I'm taking the plunge with Stl 1. I'm on Airtel too. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:42 AM
    Okay well i wasn't going to install this version because of the lack of Visual Voicemail.... but i couldn't help it.

Installed it last night and i'm so glad it works perfectly! Odd because it showed Visual Voicemail at one point then i rebooted and it went away. its okay though the benifits of this new OS is well worth it!
    07-05-13 10:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    Have you checked if your debug token is still valid?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:45 AM
1,016 ... 2425262728 ...