07-18-13 12:14 AM
1,016 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    How do you download the .APKs from google Play to your desktop? Or do you need an Android phone?
    APK Downloader [Latest] v1.4.0 Chrome Extension (Evozi Official)
    nikgilbe likes this.
    07-04-13 02:28 PM
    Now that my contacts seem to have finished syncing, a few notes.

1. Smooth as hell. I've had animation stutters ever since the first 10.1 leak, but nothing at all on .4537 now that everything is synced. Don't know if this has to do with the fact that I did a security wipe after installing or if it's just a fix within the OS, but it's fantastic and I love it.
    2. Restoring from a backup seems to cause a bit of a mess in the Contacts app. It was much more organized when I just had it pull them all from Outlook, Facebook, and Twitter after installing the OS, then manually linked any contacts it didn't figure out on its own. Now, it creates duplicate emails when it pulls the same email address from Facebook and Outlook. A bit annoying, but since I don't email these contacts in particular often I simply deleted their emails from Outlook. This issue will probably be more annoying for some others sadly.
    3. After doing a security wipe, the Setup Active Frame seemed to bug up at first - it would display some line of code (i.e. set_accounts or something, can't remember for sure) instead of the actual writing (i.e. Accounts). But when I reopened the app a long while later, it was working perfectly.

All-in-all though, this looks like it's going to be an awesome maintenance release. Keep up the good work BlackBerry!
    I did NOT do a contacts restore yet all my contacts are now doubled and tripled and I only have Google Contacts syncing...grrrr

I've never had contact issues before so gonna try a reboot see if that fixes things...nope didn't help, still have dupes

UPDATE: I had to delete my Google account and re-add it. During the OS install the old way was to enter in your google pw 3 separate times for all 3 accounts email, contacts and calendar withing the Z10 interface. The new way was through the Google web interface which somehow duplicated the contact syncs 3 times as well. ALL IS GOOD NOW!
    Last edited by VR6; 07-04-13 at 02:54 PM.
    07-04-13 02:30 PM
    On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the greatest. How well does this leak work with Verizon i.e dropped calls etc.? I never installed a leak yet on BB10 phones only the legacy devices.
    07-04-13 02:35 PM
    On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the greatest. How well does this leak work with Verizon i.e dropped calls etc.? I never installed a leak yet on BB10 phones only the legacy devices.
    Too early to tell really, but it's working better for me than 10.2.0.93. I was getting over night reboots on that OS that would take my phone out of bedside mode. This one is going smoothly for me thus far. Will report on battery in a few days.

BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon | 10.1.0.4537
    BBGeek1 likes this.
    07-04-13 02:40 PM
    I've received one call since installing it went well.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10!
    BBGeek1 likes this.
    07-04-13 02:40 PM
    Why is it every time I finally get everything rolling and playing well with each other a better leak comes!! half tempted to wait til 10.2 but we all know il be hooking up that usb in the morning.

My big question now... anyone got a GOOD way of dealing with contacts after updates like this? sick of having to constantly re-sync them on the phone to get rid of duplicates.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 02:59 PM
    Why is it every time I finally get everything rolling and playing well with each other a better leak comes!! half tempted to wait til 10.2 but we all know il be hooking up that usb in the morning.

My big question now... anyone got a GOOD way of dealing with contacts after updates like this? sick of having to constantly re-sync them on the phone to get rid of duplicates.

Posted via CB10

Well, if it's just contacts you're talking about, use intouchapp. I use that when I'm gonna do a security wipe. It always gets updates too. So far, I don't have much trouble with it. Just download from BB World, back up contacts, do a wipe, download from BB World again, and restore.
    07-04-13 03:07 PM
    Cant restore my backup, gives an error "There could have been a problem with the device or connection during the restore. Verify that the device is turned on and connected." Tried Security wipe, didn't work, tried to restart phone and laptop, didn't work, tried reinstalling the software, didn't work, tried to restore the backup on 10.1.0.2342, it works.
    Any help?
    Edit : Using SLT100-2
    yeah me too, until now i still can't restore mine too. i was from the .2354 and the Link keeps on saying "restore did not complete". if i keep on pushing the restore then the phone will reboot. i'm so screwed now.. dunno what to do here.

i've tried switching the airplane mode on but still, it is not to avail at all

but i've noticed that with this build seems that the backup file has shaped down by half. i used to get up to 2GB of backup file size on .2354, that's like.. WTH.. but this build, i've done my backup twice (and they went well through the Link - so i CAN backup but i CAN'T restore??? WTH..) and the backup file size is at around 900MB per file with exactly the SAME amount of data & apps. WOW!!!

i'm doing my 3rd backup right now then i'll reboot my phone and i'll run the performance test from today on. will report for any bugs etc. overall it's been 9 hours and this OS build is awesome. i don't see any bugged up "other data" file size (fresh start at 11.3GB, after loading apps etc it just uses up 1.1GB so i'm now at 10.2GB nice!!! and it doesn't change even though i keep on polling for data from apps, contacts etc.)
    07-04-13 03:09 PM
    I've received one call since installing it went well.

Im sorry but i cant help but take the last few words of your signature wrong >_> im lmao right now >_<
    SK122387 and VR6 like this.
    07-04-13 03:09 PM
    Anyone having an issue restoring device contacts from a backup?
    07-04-13 03:12 PM
    Just a little pointer - on previous leaks people had issues restoring all at once but in steps it worked.
    I had issues too on some occasion.

Generally, restoring first settings only and then application data and media data is fail-safe.
    Worst case, do them all one by one - that should work.
    (at least restoring worked for me)
    07-04-13 03:13 PM
    yeah me too, until now i still can't restore mine too. i was from the .2354 and the Link keeps on saying "restore did not complete". if i keep on pushing the restore then the phone will reboot. i'm so screwed now.. dunno what to do here.

i've tried switching the airplane mode on but still, it is not to avail at all

but i've noticed that with this build seems that the backup file has shaped down by half. i used to get up to 2GB of backup file size on .2354, that's like.. WTH.. but this build, i've done my backup twice (and they went well through the Link - so i CAN backup but i CAN'T restore??? WTH..) and the backup file size is at around 900MB per file with exactly the SAME amount of data & apps. WOW!!!

i'm doing my 3rd backup right now then i'll reboot my phone and i'll run the performance test from today on. will report for any bugs etc. overall it's been 9 hours and this OS build is awesome. i don't see any bugged up "other data" file size (fresh start at 11.3GB, after loading apps etc it just uses up 1.1GB so i'm now at 10.2GB nice!!! and it doesn't change even though i keep on polling for data from apps, contacts etc.)
    Currently planning to install 10.2.0.93 and restoring the .2354 backup to it, and then if its stable will stick to it or else might try again for .4537
    07-04-13 03:15 PM
    Im sorry but i cant help but take the last few words of your signature wrong >_> im lmao right now >_<
    ?? I don't get it?

07-04-13 03:17 PM
    Strangely enough, my contact links were preserved without a restore. Some of the Skype contacts are still buggy, but the other links are fine.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 03:18 PM
    And all restored & account passwords set up again... so, now to let the OS settle in... playing with it and seeing what happens
    07-04-13 03:19 PM
    Well, if it's just contacts you're talking about, use intouchapp. I use that when I'm gonna do a security wipe. It always gets updates too. So far, I don't have much trouble with it. Just download from BB World, back up contacts, do a wipe, download from BB World again, and restore.
    Any chance you can PM me your intouchapp ID? I want to sign up but you need an invite. Grrrrr
    07-04-13 03:23 PM
    hahaha all 4 inches of it
    Prince Radebe likes this.
    07-04-13 03:23 PM
    Any chance you can PM me your intouchapp ID? I want to sign up but you need an invite. Grrrrr
    What invite? I just downloaded it from World and signed up without needing any invite.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 03:24 PM
    What invite? I just downloaded it from World and signed up without needing any invite.

Posted via CB10
    As did I. It just finished backing up all of my contacts also... I had no mention of an invite

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 03:26 PM
    hahaha all 4 inches of it
    Oh my pc one. Lol. Glad I could make you smile.

SK122387 likes this.
    07-04-13 03:29 PM
    OK, I think all is running well. Time will tell
    07-04-13 03:30 PM
    Weird, can't seem to get contacts to restore on this build. Might be a corrupt backup, but everything else restored as expected and I noticed no error messages while doing the backup originally. Any chance this is version dependent? I came from 10.2.0.93 and used a backup from that (edited the xml manifest to 10.1.0.2357). Might have to look through the actual backup app data and see if my contact information is even present :S
    07-04-13 03:31 PM

No invite is needed. It's a free download of BB World. This is the app.

BlackBerry World - IntouchApp Contacts - Backup + Sync + Auto-update
    07-04-13 03:32 PM
    Anyone having an issue restoring device contacts from a backup?
    me!!! me!!
    07-04-13 03:32 PM
    Found another issue now - I can't get Remote File Access to work. BlackBerry Link doesn't detect any BlackBerry 10 devices connected to my BlackBerry ID, even after refreshing devices. I've tried signing out and back in on BlackBerry Link, as well as restarting Link, to no avail.

Edit: Tried rebooting the PC, still no luck. I was going to try rebooting the Z10 but I'm about to head out, so maybe I'll give it a go when I'm home again.
    I have the same issue

Posted via CB10
    Is your device connected to Link? This needs to be done, to establish the wireless connect feature. I'll up an image in a minute. Repopulating all of my apps...

Also, VVM is present. You have to have an active or past VM in order for it to be displayed in HUB.

People, instead of expecting the worst, exercise patience and some OS knowledge. Everything is working here.
    07-04-13 03:35 PM
1,016 ... 1314151617 ...