I wonder what happens if I load stl100-1 OS files in Stl100-2 device

 BlackBerry  2B9B4E35
    07-11-15 04:53 AM
    You can't different signature files

BlackBerry -Secured to the Core
    07-11-15 05:13 AM
    It will be bricked... although your device should work fine once you load the correct OS...
    But don't try when you know that they are different... won't do any good.

Posted via my  z30/10.3.2.840 
    07-11-15 09:30 AM
    I don't know if it will actually brick - it just won't load.

To the OP, the -1 and -2 are two totally different processors and chipsets. The OS is made for the processor they expect.

An autoloader for -2 may simply fail once it can't find the Qualcomm processor it expects to see, because the -1 has a Texas Instruments processor instead. That's why you see one OS for the -1 and another for the -2, -3, and -4. The 2,3 & 4 all use the same Qualcomm processor, and use the same base OS file.

Loading with Sachesi may seem like it works, but that's because all the files are loaded first, and the next reboot does all the actual OS swap-out (that's why the first re-boot after an OS loading through Sachesi takes so much longer than usual - all the OS files are swapped out during that re-boot). And, again, once the Qualcomm expected OS file doesn't find the proper hardware, it will just not load and finish booting on the OS that was already there with no update.

If that isn't exactly how that works, someone who knows more can elaborate.
    07-11-15 10:19 AM
    I don't know if it will actually brick - it just won't load.

To the OP, the -1 and -2 are two totally different processors and chipsets. The OS is made for the processor they expect.

An autoloader for -2 may simply fail once it can't find the Qualcomm processor it expects to see, because the -1 has a Texas Instruments processor instead. That's why you see one OS for the -1 and another for the -2, -3, and -4. The 2,3 & 4 all use the same Qualcomm processor, and use the same base OS file.

Loading with Sachesi may seem like it works, but that's because all the files are loaded first, and the next reboot does all the actual OS swap-out (that's why the first re-boot after an OS loading through Sachesi takes so much longer than usual - all the OS files are swapped out during that re-boot). And, again, once the Qualcomm expected OS file doesn't find the proper hardware, it will just not load and finish booting on the OS that was already there with no update.
    Correct

BlackBerry -Secured to the Core | CB MOD
    07-11-15 10:23 AM