03-09-18 08:43 PM
81 1234
tools
    I had a curious BT issue with my BMW 3 series. I just noticed that my Z10 Map app no longer broke in to the radio to give a direction. Also, the pcitures from my phone book stopped showing on the dashboard screen. Directions would only come through via USB connection.
    So, I deleted all the phone connections in the car and the phone and re-paired. The My Car option came up for the first time. Never saw it before. So I picked that and I am totally amazed with the Office function. All my emails and SMS, plus pictures came into the car. Is the My Car function new? I have had 10.2.1.1925/1926 for a while now, but it never came up as an option before today. (Still no map directions via BT, only USB)
    02-06-14 09:14 PM
    i just wanted to note something that i noticed yesterday with my mercedes and bluetooth...

before, all that bluetooth could do with my car was phone calls... i knew i couldn't stream music because that has to do with the car... but another thing that didn't work was voice control... whenever i activated voice control... i would have to talk to the phone... it wouldn't work via my bluetooth connected to my car...

but i believe ever since upgrading to the new radio .1926... i'm able to use voice control through my cars bluetooth system... the audio mutes and voice control comes out of the speakers and i can talk to it...

since i wasn't ever able to utilize voice control from my car, i had move the voice control icon to a misc folder... but now, i have it on my front page!
    02-08-14 12:09 PM
    I have a MB as well. Everything used to work fine. Since the update music still works, however Songza does not. Basically it says audio paused in the car. Tried everything in this tread, no luck.
    02-08-14 07:13 PM
    i just wanted to note something that i noticed yesterday with my mercedes and bluetooth...

before, all that bluetooth could do with my car was phone calls... i knew i couldn't stream music because that has to do with the car... but another thing that didn't work was voice control... whenever i activated voice control... i would have to talk to the phone... it wouldn't work via my bluetooth connected to my car...

but i believe ever since upgrading to the new radio .1926... i'm able to use voice control through my cars bluetooth system... the audio mutes and voice control comes out of the speakers and i can talk to it...

since i wasn't ever able to utilize voice control from my car, i had move the voice control icon to a misc folder... but now, i have it on my front page!
    thanks bluejae, i tried this and working for me as well. also, i'm not sure which phone you have but the Q10 has the convenience key on the right you can hold (too lazy to check but I'm sure the Z's have this as well) to launch voice control too.
    02-09-14 01:11 AM
    I guess I am just a lucky guy because I have not experienced issues (knock on wood) on my ML 350; and I often carry the Z30 & 10 in the car too.
    02-09-14 01:29 AM
    You know your car phone can"dial" Voice Control too. That way you don't push any buttons. The number is 999-555-1234. It only works from in the car via the BT. You can also get it by telling your car BT to call Blackberry Voice Control. This is how I found it on my car. I was trying to see what commands worked and this phone number showed up.
    02-09-14 08:24 PM
    I have a Z10 and a 2012 ML350. Works flawlessly with 10.2.1.1925 leak regardless of radio. Try my suggestion posted here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=873679

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 01:18 PM
    Do a master reset on your COMAND system and start over again from scratch if your having issues. MB's have zero issues with Blackberry's. It's always user errors, if you're having problems.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 10:35 PM
    I still can't connect to my MB with my BB Bluetooth, I've tried everything!

One thing I did notice is that my MB can see my BB via Bluetooth but my BB can't see my MB. I do a search on my phone and it can't see my MB but sees other phones who's Bluetooth is on. Also my BB keeps trying to connect to my MB while I'm driving in the car, you can see the white Bluetooth confirmation screen flash really fast on my phone in the background.
    02-12-14 07:19 AM
    Do a master reset on your COMAND system and start over again from scratch if your having issues. MB's have zero issues with Blackberry's. It's always user errors, if you're having problems.

Posted via CB10
    I disagree with that. I'm running 1925/26 now on my Q10 and the connection works great as it did on the build prior to this, BUT on the first 10.2.1 builds, it would NOT connect to my MB GLK 350. And I wasn't alone. The threads were everywhere with people complaining. Then when the last couple of leaks came out, they had fixed the issues which had to do with an Android file. I do agree with you that 95% of the problems on this forum are "User Error", especially when it comes to leaks and installs, etc. but this problem was not a user error. It was a bug in the software that has been corrected. You can look back at some of the earlier threads to see what I'm referring to.
    02-12-14 02:50 PM
    Had the same issue with 1055. Switched to 1925 and used the overflow menu. Make sure that you set BT to handsfree. Works great on MB Glk 350

Posted via CB10
    go1ndr likes this.
    02-12-14 07:21 PM
    Still having Bluetooth connectivity issues with Mercedes-Benz and 10.2.1.1925-img_20140212_202136.png

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 07:22 PM
    UPDATE
    I seem to have fixed this issue. I reset the MB system, then repaired and all seems to work well now.

My wife has a ml 320, about 6 years old. I have a new issue that hasn't (as far as I can see) been mentioned here.

When she connects to BT, it works fine, but once the car is switched off and BT is disconnected, the phone loses the majority of its contacts, she only has about 100 in there, but when you look at the phone it only shows about 20 off them. I can't figure out if it's a particular address book giving the issue. I know she syncs a outlook.com one and an iPhone I cloud one but I think the missing contacts are a mix of the two accounts.

I've checked the configure section within the BT settings to ensure both accounts have ticks in them.

The only way to recover the missing contacts is to reboot.

Any ideas please anyone?

PS. I've tried the methods listed on this thread also.. still the same.
    Last edited by uktivo; 02-13-14 at 03:12 AM.
    02-13-14 02:46 AM
    thanks bluejae, i tried this and working for me as well. also, i'm not sure which phone you have but the Q10 has the convenience key on the right you can hold (too lazy to check but I'm sure the Z's have this as well) to launch voice control too.
    i have a z10 so i don't have that... the only alternative is holding down on the mute key for a few seconds... but my phone has a case that makes pushing the button a little bit tougher... plus it's in a mount while i'm driving so it's just easier to tap on the icon...

You know your car phone can"dial" Voice Control too. That way you don't push any buttons. The number is 999-555-1234. It only works from in the car via the BT. You can also get it by telling your car BT to call Blackberry Voice Control. This is how I found it on my car. I was trying to see what commands worked and this phone number showed up.
    wait what? so you're saying i can press voice control on my steering wheel, and then say "call blackberry voice control" and it will access my phone's voice commands?

even if the phone is locked with a password?
    02-15-14 12:25 PM
    I tried it but it didn't work. But the phone number did work. That's crazy. So I can just save that number and call it from my car.

What year MB do you have?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 04:32 PM
    I have a 2012 BMW 3 series. BB Voice Control works as I mentioned. My phone is picture passworded, but I never really looked to see if it was locked when I called the Voice control. Why not just list BB Voice control as a contact with that phone number? That would also work for you.
    02-16-14 09:57 PM
    i just went out to the car and tried a bunch of things...

first of all... every time i looked at the details, it only showed the mb bluetooth name and the mac address... the option for hands free was not present... even when it was connected that option wasn't there... i deauthorized from car, deleted from phone and tried again... still no hands free option...

on my last attempt i did something different... when the option to pick my car came up... i chose Not Now... after bluetooth connected... the option for hands free was there... i turned it on and everything seemed to work... i turned bluetooth off on the phone and turned it back on and it connected to the car... i shut the car off and turned it back on and it connected... i then went into the phones bluetooth settings to set up the My Car thing to mercedes, and tested again and it worked with no problems...

i don't know if it was just me, but skipping that my car set up seems to be what did it for me....

thanks everyone
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!

I FOLLOWED YOUR ADVICE AND IT WORKS !
    (2012 ML350 WITH Z10 STL100-3 OS 10.2.1.2141 INSTALL WITH AUTOLOADER + RESTORED SETTINGS FILE)

As you said, after the pairing is made and the handset asks to select the car maker (Mercedes, Smart or Maybach), just selected "Ask later".
    I was able to make calls, and the phone reconnected even after the engine and the Comand were completely shut down. As you noted, the option of hands-free was there (but mine was on as default) and I turned it off and back on.
    After the first reconnection the "Car selection" screen kept popping up and the second time I tested I made the daring move and selected Mercedes. The connection works flawlessly since then.

Apparently, the initial connection is a generic one (although, the Mercedes emblem appears on the connection) and after we select the maker "Mercedes" some specific settings are activated. This is the point where a glitch occurred since OS 10.2.1.1055, where I first encountered the problem. And this is why most people don't experience the issue, because it is specific to MB and a few other maker settings.

I hope the guys at Blackberry follow this post and this will help with fixing the problem.

Thanks again, finally I have a perfect Z10!
    02-20-14 04:59 PM
    I have a 2012 BMW 3 series. BB Voice Control works as I mentioned. My phone is picture passworded, but I never really looked to see if it was locked when I called the Voice control. Why not just list BB Voice control as a contact with that phone number? That would also work for you.
    i see... i've tried a few things with voice control in the car and it seems the easiest way is to just used the knob to select bb voice control from the address book and then go hands free from there... the mb systems asks for way too many confirmations just to get it to dial a contact... but either way, it works through picture password without a problem.

(2012 ML350 WITH Z10 STL100-3 OS 10.2.1.2141 INSTALL WITH AUTOLOADER + RESTORED SETTINGS FILE)

As you said, after the pairing is made and the handset asks to select the car maker (Mercedes, Smart or Maybach), just selected "Ask later".
    I was able to make calls, and the phone reconnected even after the engine and the Comand were completely shut down. As you noted, the option of hands-free was there (but mine was on as default) and I turned it off and back on.
    After the first reconnection the "Car selection" screen kept popping up and the second time I tested I made the daring move and selected Mercedes. The connection works flawlessly since then.

Apparently, the initial connection is a generic one (although, the Mercedes emblem appears on the connection) and after we select the maker "Mercedes" some specific settings are activated. This is the point where a glitch occurred since OS 10.2.1.1055, where I first encountered the problem. And this is why most people don't experience the issue, because it is specific to MB and a few other maker settings.

I hope the guys at Blackberry follow this post and this will help with fixing the problem.

nice! i'm glad i could help... i wasn't sure if it would work for anyone else...
    02-20-14 05:58 PM
    I wish I can say the same, I tried everything you guys did and said but no luck!
    Q10 10.2.1.537 OS 10.2.1.1925 Radio 1899

Last edited by mrgeemoney; 02-20-14 at 06:53 PM.
    02-20-14 06:28 PM
    i just went out to the car and tried a bunch of things...

first of all... every time i looked at the details, it only showed the mb bluetooth name and the mac address... the option for hands free was not present... even when it was connected that option wasn't there... i deauthorized from car, deleted from phone and tried again... still no hands free option...

on my last attempt i did something different... when the option to pick my car came up... i chose Not Now... after bluetooth connected... the option for hands free was there... i turned it on and everything seemed to work... i turned bluetooth off on the phone and turned it back on and it connected to the car... i shut the car off and turned it back on and it connected... i then went into the phones bluetooth settings to set up the My Car thing to mercedes, and tested again and it worked with no problems...

i don't know if it was just me, but skipping that my car set up seems to be what did it for me....

thanks everyone
    Thanks for this tip, I will try it later. I got tired of de-autthorize then authorize in my MB to get it to work so I decided to search these forums...I am occasionally also on MBWorld.
    04-01-14 11:54 AM
    The Mercedes reconnect bluetooth bug, described here, has beed fixed with the leaked 10.2.1.3175 OS. I have testet it with my Mercedes A-Class Radio "Mercedes-Benz NTG 2.5 car kit" and my Q10.

You can download from CrackBerry. Install it at your own risk!!

Leaked OS 10.2.1.3175 for all BlackBerry 10 devices
    Last edited by Pfize183; 05-10-14 at 12:12 PM.
    05-10-14 10:21 AM
    The latest 10.2.1 leak works great on my benz.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 04:38 PM
    The only problem I have with my MB is I can't control the volume when streaming Spotify from my z30. I have to use the volume on the handset.

Any workaround?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 10:48 AM
    I had the same issue with my ML350 but it finally remains connected. However, for my BT earpiece,the quality is horrible. I have tried several earpieces and they are all lousy. This has been the case since 1925 and I now on 2156. Has anyone had this issue and if so, any resolution?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 11:26 PM
    Very good news. New official release 10.2.1.3175 solved the connectivity problems between my Z10 and the Mercedes.
    05-28-14 10:12 AM
81 1234