I downloaded the Spotify APK from apks.org, and installed on 10.2.1.1259. It works! I can even download songs for offline listening. Only problem is that I don't know a way to specify the folder where downloaded songs are stored, so that I can store them on a memory card instead of device memory. I downloaded one playlist which contains about 80 songs, and it filled half my onboard memory. Does anyone know a way to do that? Is there such a thing as a link or pointer from the existing folder to the new one?
    diegonei likes this.
    12-30-13 09:54 PM
    Thank you for the heads up! Grabbed Spotify from there, does work great. I had an older copy somewhere that functioned, but this was much quicker and easier

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 10:20 PM
    Hrm. Well, it sort of works... Radio for me keeps stopping playback, "skip" does nothing at that point (just sits with the last completed song there) so I have to restart the app after a few songs (4-10). So close!

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 01:31 PM
    Does it also work if you aren't on wifi? It says no Internet connection whenever I don't have wifi although I am on 3G.

Never mind. Was my signal apparently.

Sent from my Q10
    01-05-14 01:37 PM
    Mine works fine whether connected by wifi, cellular, or not at all (downloaded music). Problem I have found is there is NO way to control the volume. On my Q10 the volume control does not work with any Android apps. It goes out at full volume. That's not a problem with Bluetooth connections, but you can't just plug a wired headset into this unless the headset itself has a mechanical volume control. Android (and BB10) apps assume the device or operating system volume will be used. Apparently the new Android emulator is not properly tied into the BB volume control buttons. When you push the volume button down it goes down for an instant but then returns to full volume. I don't know of the BB operating system developers who released the leak know about this. How do we get a message to them?
    01-06-14 03:03 PM
    When people were using 1055, there was an android app called something like andriode that people were sideloading to control the sound level in Android apps.
    01-06-14 03:35 PM
    Volume control does work for me on the latest leak.

Sent from my Q10
    01-06-14 05:50 PM
    Any idea how I can store offline songs on my sd card instead of phone memory? I read that this option existed in older versions of spotify and that you can install those, set data storage to SD card and update to the newest version and it will keep that setting.

The problem is, that I cannot get any older Spotify apk to work....... any ideas?

Edit: got it to work. Installed an older apk with SD card support and although it didn't launch it set the storage to the SD card automatically. Now running the latest version again and all downloaded data goes to my SD card.
    Last edited by buu511; 01-15-14 at 09:11 AM.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-15-14 08:22 AM
    Mine works fine whether connected by wifi, cellular, or not at all (downloaded music). Problem I have found is there is NO way to control the volume. On my Q10 the volume control does not work with any Android apps. It goes out at full volume. That's not a problem with Bluetooth connections, but you can't just plug a wired headset into this unless the headset itself has a mechanical volume control. Android (and BB10) apps assume the device or operating system volume will be used. Apparently the new Android emulator is not properly tied into the BB volume control buttons. When you push the volume button down it goes down for an instant but then returns to full volume. I don't know of the BB operating system developers who released the leak know about this. How do we get a message to them?
    You state you use bluetooth connection. Does your track skipping work with your bluetooth receiver? I can't seem to change tracks with my head unit in my car. Im using the 1925 build on a Q10.
    01-17-14 10:20 AM