06-10-14 06:07 PM
40 12
tools
    In just received an email from Michael Clewley, confirming that Bluetooth Media Controls have already been implemented in a future release of the Android Runtime.

Posted via CB10
    Sick! So stoked!
    05-20-14 08:43 AM
    Awesomesauce!
    Although I think that still will not do anything if apps like Spotify do not get recognized as Media Player apps (it does not show the "Play" icon when in use). So I hope they can also implement that on the Runtime-side of things.
    In just received an email from Michael Clewley, confirming that Bluetooth Media Controls have already been implemented in a future release of the Android Runtime.

Posted via CB10
    EDIT: I guess it is still a nice work around to play my Local Files through the stock music player for now.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    05-20-14 08:46 AM
    Awesomesauce!
    Although I think that still will not do anything if apps like Spotify do not get recognized as Media Player apps (it does not show the "Play" icon when in use). So I hope they can also implement that on the Runtime-side of things.
    EDIT: I guess it is still a nice work around to play my Local Files through the stock music player for now.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    I would hope that the runtime will pick up on the Android media player flags and present those via Bluetooth.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 09:04 AM
    I think I might have found a headless player. No idea how I did it or if its a bug but for some reason I can't close the notification.

This is the Android Runtime from the SDK on. 296

But as you see it's not open.

Attachment 271139

Attachment 271140

Attachment 271141

And yes I did use Snap2Chat to edit the last picture
    Posted via CB10
    What's that weather app you're using? It shows weather on home screen :O

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 09:32 AM
    I hope they can get everything working! I can control Pandora through bluetooth in 10.2.1, but Spotify has no controls. Pandora even displayed the track information once on my Audi, but that's about it.

I think one of the biggest problems is that the stock Music Player always wants to launch when connected to bluetooth. There should be an option to turn that off, or change the default music player when connecting. Right now I have to keep my music folder empty so it doesn't try to play Pandora AND mp3s at the same time.
    Grzesiek Godlewski likes this.
    06-09-14 11:06 AM
    Same problem here, i cant store any mp3's because of bluetooth stremmaing issue. Maybe delete system bar with music Player will help?

Sent from my Q10\ 4G LTE in PLAY PL
    06-09-14 11:26 AM
    What's that weather app you're using? It shows weather on home screen :O

Posted via CB10
    Wallpaperchanger HD

I dont use the wallpaper changer, only the "superbar" which has battery percentage, weather and date.

You have to pay for the app though

Check out Wallpaper Changer HD in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20078021

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 12:25 PM
    I hope they can get everything working! I can control Pandora through bluetooth in 10.2.1, but Spotify has no controls. Pandora even displayed the track information once on my Audi, but that's about it.

I think one of the biggest problems is that the stock Music Player always wants to launch when connected to bluetooth. There should be an option to turn that off, or change the default music player when connecting. Right now I have to keep my music folder empty so it doesn't try to play Pandora AND mp3s at the same time.
    Spotify works perfectly with bluetooth and media controls work perectly on bluetooth as well. I use Blackberry gateway on my patio/pool speakers

I'm on 296 runtime since 441 runtime was acting up on my 296 with 441 radio OS like this spotify popup that I couldn't close. Now everything works perfectly on 296 runtime and I dont get this dumb headless popup that doesnt close anymore.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 12:27 PM
    Spotify works perfectly with bluetooth and media controls work perectly on bluetooth as well. I use Blackberry gateway on my patio/pool speakers

I'm on 296 runtime since 441 runtime was acting up on my 296 with 441 radio OS like this spotify popup that I couldn't close. Now everything works perfectly on 296 runtime and I dont get this dumb headless popup that doesnt close anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Hold on, Bluetooth Media Controls work on Android Apps like Spotify on 10.3.0.441???
    06-09-14 02:00 PM
    Hold on, Bluetooth Media Controls work on Android Apps like Spotify on 10.3.0.441???
    No 296 runtime works, 441 didnt work for me. Just like the pics above and media controls would sometimes work.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 05:25 PM
    No 296 runtime works, 441 didnt work for me. Just like the pics above and media controls would sometimes work.

Posted via CB10
    Weird, you're the first person I've heard report this.

To be clear, you can change volume, and change track in Spotify from a Bluetooth device?

That's awesome, thanks a lot.
    06-10-14 01:45 AM
    Weird, you're the first person I've heard report this.

To be clear, you can change volume, and change track in Spotify from a Bluetooth device?

That's awesome, thanks a lot.
    change track no but volume yes.
    06-10-14 12:50 PM
    Got ya. Yeah we can do this already on the latest 10.2.1. doh!
    06-10-14 02:54 PM
    Man, getting my hopes all up! :P

So the only thing that works in Spotify on 296 is volume? Well that doesn't help, since I can already control volume on the car. I need pause/play, skip, and track info. Hopefully it's fixed in final, and they give options for what launches on bluetooth connect. This has been a big thing for a while now. I'm amazed there aren't programmers at Blackberry that are bothered by this, seeing as I don't know anyone who doesn't use at least some kind of streaming service. I almost didn't buy my z10 solely because of the lack of Spotify.
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    06-10-14 03:00 PM
    Man, getting my hopes all up! :P

So the only thing that works in Spotify on 296 is volume? Well that doesn't help, since I can already control volume on the car. I need pause/play, skip, and track info. Hopefully it's fixed in final, and they give options for what launches on bluetooth connect. This has been a big thing for a while now. I'm amazed there aren't programmers at Blackberry that are bothered by this, seeing as I don't know anyone who doesn't use at least some kind of streaming service. I almost didn't buy my z10 solely because of the lack of Spotify.
    remember the OS is only at 296 or 441 sdk and they are on 662. I think the gold SDK won't launch until .1xxx like usual and i'm guessing they will be at 1xxx by the end of the month or start of july.
    The OS release isn't until august/November.

They have plenty of time to fix the runtime and optimize it.

I really hope Nemory makes a Spotify app.
    06-10-14 06:07 PM
40 12