04-16-14 09:28 PM
54 123
tools
    I followed lots of posts on how to get Spotify working on 10.2, but many of the posts suggested copying data off of an installed version of Spotify. The folders in question on my machine were about 10GB in size, so I found an easier solution.

1. Install OS 10.2.0.1323 (or later?) on BlackBerry
    2. Create a debug token OR install leaked "unlocked" version of Android Runtime
      • Install leaked "unlocked" Android Runtime
        • Download the runtime from this thread.
        • Install sys.android.shell.127.0.0.595.bar and sys.android-127.0.0.595.bar to the phone. I used Sachesi.
      • (Alternatively) Create a debug token.
        • I had to follow this guide:
        • Request a signing key from Blackberry (remember the password, which will be referred to as BBIDTOKEN_PASSWORD later).
        • Save bbidtoken.csk to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Research in Motion\
        • Download Blackberry Tools SDK
        • Extract zip file, open command prompt in the blackberry.tools.SDK\bin path.
        • Created Signed Keyfile (run in command window): blackberry-keytool -genkeypair -keystore author.p12 -storepass BBIDTOKEN_PASSWORD -author YOUR_NAME
        • Save author.p12 to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Research in Motion\
        • Create DebugToken (run in command window): blackberry-debugtokenrequest -storepass BBIDTOKEN_PASSWORD -deviceID 0xPIN debugtoken.bar
    3. Install debugtoken.bar to phone
      • I used Sachesi. (DDPBInstaller, which I had been using, wouldn't install it and gave an error 500 invalid install action install_2).
    4. Download the Spotify 0.6.6.270 APK
      • I downloaded mine through Google Play store using APK Downloader in Opera 16 (works with Chrome too). You will need an Android GSF ID for this (I installed BlueStacks player to get one. Inside of BlueStacks (basically an android emulator) you will need to install the Android Device ID app, then copy the ID into APK Downloader.
    5. Generate debug token version of Spotify BAR
      • I used xsacha's Android Pack for this (follow this tutorial)
      • Once you edit the files to add your PIN and passwords, you simply drop the .APK file on ConvertAndroidApp.bat, which generates a debug token .BAR
    6. Upload Spotify BAR to BlackBerry
    7. Run Spotify on BlackBerry once. It will show a white screen, close it.
    8. Create necessary folders in Spotify's cache folder
      • You need the folder Users, Storage, and all of the Storage sub-folders for Spotify to run correctly. I don't know why it doesn't create them. I have created a zip file with the necessary folders in it.
      • Plug BlackBerry into PC and run BlackBerry Link.
      • Navigate to the Spotify folder (Y:\Android\data\com.spotify.mobile.android.ui\fil es\spotifycache on my machine).
        • This equates to /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/files/spotifycache in an app like Ghost Commander.
      • Extract the attached zip file (SpotifyFolders.zip) to the spotifycache folder.
      • Your spotifycache folder should look like this: Spotify on 10.2.0.1323 Tutorial (no need for Spotify on PC)-spotifyfolders.jpg
      • And your Storage folder should look like this (note the 257 folders): Spotify on 10.2.0.1323 Tutorial (no need for Spotify on PC)-spotifyfolders2.jpg
      • Note, I installed Pandora 4.4 (latest in Google Play Store), and it broke the sound in Spotify. Along with its own sound. I had to go to v4.2 for sound to work in either application (4.3 didn't work either).
    9. Start Spotify, and it should work correctly!
      Spotify on 10.2.0.1323 Tutorial (no need for Spotify on PC)-img_00000690.jpg
    10. Have fun!
    Last edited by syplex; 08-26-13 at 11:57 AM.
    xxslxx, russnash, AshDeezy and 3 others like this.
    08-22-13 08:39 PM
    Nice write up!!!!!!!
    xxslxx likes this.
    08-22-13 11:44 PM
    Awesome! Thank you! I just finishing loading the latest leak and it's back up and running.
    08-23-13 09:44 AM
    It works, thx. But there are some issues. Sometime the screen ist the same as without installing the directories (the blank one). Colsing the app, waiting for a few minutes solves the issue. I think i will spend 9,99 to give it a try.
    By the way, are you able to skip tracks by pressing +/- keys?

Z10 with 10.2.0.1371

THX
    08-24-13 02:21 AM
    I tryed to synch local files to the Z10 but it says that there is no free space. There is enough space left in both, internal and external storage...
    I just had a look and it now doesn't work on files which are located on Spotify also...
    08-24-13 04:43 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...my-q10-818114/

Read the posts and details... There is a way to run spotify without debug token...
    08-26-13 02:18 AM
    Working on 10.2.0.1047 using Android runtime update:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...untime-842651/

used ghostcommander to copy the files to the right location
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/78977/

Even have Spotify notifications in the Hub - shows what song is currently playing!

Spotify on 10.2.0.1323 Tutorial (no need for Spotify on PC)-img_20130611.jpg

Spotify on 10.2.0.1323 Tutorial (no need for Spotify on PC)-img_20130612.jpg

Thanks Syplex!!!
    08-26-13 08:05 AM
    Updated my OP to include simpler unlocked android runtime option!
    08-26-13 11:58 AM
    Working on 10.2.0.1047 using Android runtime update:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...untime-842651/

used ghostcommander to copy the files to the right location
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/78977/

Even have Spotify notifications in the Hub - shows what song is currently playing!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130611.jpg 
Views:	1616 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	195871

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130612.jpg 
Views:	1615 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	195872

Thanks Syplex!!!
    I have a few questions. Are you able to sync local files from PC using wifi? This is a thing that isn't working since 10.2. Downloading from Spotify works perfect, but I'd like to sync some files which Spotify doesn't have. Syncing the local files ends up with crashing the app. I have to delete the folders and copy them back to get Spotify work again.
    The section "new songs" (or how it is called in English) is very very slow and finally not working.
    Playlist is working correctly (only direct syncing of local files not), streaming and doenloading)
    Thx

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 12:14 PM
    Just to add: this method does not need a debug token as far as I can tell (on the latest leaks at least). It will work for anyone who gets a white screen when trying to start Spotify.
    I was the one who suggested copying those folders from your Desktop client before, I figured people would prefer to use their own data. But you are totally right, this method is the easiest and the empty folders make it a lot faster to do. Good effort!
    So... *bump*

[Quick Edit]
    This method does not work for Local Files. I do not know why, but the temp folders you copy using this method only work for Streamed Files. I think the Android app tries to save Local Files to a different (non-existant) folder.
    You do not have to delete and recreate the folders to fix, just select "undownload/cancel download" on the playlist that gives the error and restart the app.
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 08-26-13 at 01:22 PM.
    AshDeezy likes this.
    08-26-13 12:26 PM
    Just to add: this method does not need debug token as far as I can tell (on the latest leaks at least). It will work for anyone who gets a white screen when trying to start Spotify.
    I was the one who suggested copying those folders from your Desktop client before, I figured people would prefer to use their own data. But you are totally right, this method is the easiest and the empty folders make it a lot faster to do. Good effort!

So... *bump*
    Thanks to you for the original finding. I actually haven't tried it without a debug token because I was having so many problems. Do you know if everything works (except maybe syncing) without a debug token?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 01:19 PM
    On the latest Android Runtime leak (the 'unlocked' one), you can use your method without a debug token. Sync will work. All recent .bar's should work, found easily on any converter websites.
    I have not tried with the 'locked' Runtimes on .1323 or .1371 (if they have a newer Runtime version than ".76", they might work without debug).

Either way you still have to copy the cache folders, so your tutorial is still the best answer

As for Local Files, I'm not savvy enough to figure that one out. Seems even on Android devices it is an unreliable option... I tried browsing the tech support forums for a similar solution, it might be limited by communication between phone and pc client (phone obviously does not have the Android structure the pc client expects).
    _____
    (Related side note: I still use debug on all my side-loads, because I'm pretty sure it always has a positive effect. Even on 'unlocked' runtimes.)
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 08-26-13 at 08:49 PM.
    08-26-13 08:38 PM
    [Quick Edit]
    This method does not work for Local Files. I do not know why, but the temp folders you copy using this method only work for Streamed Files. I think the Android app tries to save Local Files to a different (non-existant) folder.
    You do not have to delete and recreate the folders to fix, just select "undownload/cancel download" on the playlist that gives the error and restart the app.
    Thx, that helps a lot!
    Are the sections for example to find new songs or suggestions working for you?
    Beside that syncing is working correctly, that's something to work with

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 06:42 AM
    Worked beautifully. For me the path was a little different.
    On my PC Y:\Android\data\com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

I did not have a sub-folder called 'files'. Mine was called 'cache'. I just unzipped the folders into there and all was well.

Thanks for this.
    08-27-13 06:49 AM
    It's a shame how many people still ask about Spotify in the leak topics. A few people have even posted a short version of your tutorial with the files, but it would be better just to link them here (better answers, less spam).
    "Browse" and "New" from the menu section load very slowly for me, most of the time for me the app hangs up. But I remember it working once or twice, don't use them much.
    ...Are the sections for example to find new songs or suggestions working for you?..
    Could you check which version you are running (settings, bottom), and if you have the files loaded to device storage or SD-card? Might help other people if they can not find the "\file\spotifycache" folder.
    ...For me the path was a little different.
    On my PC Y:\Android\data\com.spotify.mobile.android.ui...
    08-27-13 07:21 AM
    "Browse" and "New" from the menu section load very slowly for me, most of the time for me the app hangs up. But I remember it working once or twice, don't use them much.
    Thx, same experience here. So we have to wait for a new version.
    Greets

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 03:03 PM
    Yes!! Worked! Thank you
    08-27-13 06:27 PM
    Thnx!

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 09:14 PM
    Seems that this was a short lived solution. Spotify shuts off after a few minutes claiming there is no internet connection. Meh, beggars cant be choosers.
    09-03-13 02:49 PM
    will your music play when minimized?
    09-03-13 03:12 PM
    will your music play when minimized?
    Yes
    09-03-13 03:14 PM
    How do you convert the apk to bar since there is no .csj file with the 'new' signing key system on BlackBerry website?
    09-16-13 01:59 PM
    You can use the unlocked android runtime now, which is a lot easier than manually signing.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 09:23 PM
    is there a way to explain how to do this on mac???? please =]
    09-16-13 09:50 PM
    is there a way to explain how to do this on mac???? please =]
    nevermind, just tried it and didnt work, thanks tho!!
    09-16-13 10:04 PM
54 123