11-10-13 08:30 AM
82 1234
tools
    I found my way for storing offline music.

I downloaded my playlists with a Nexus (thx Genymotion) and moved the whole Spotify folder to my Z10. Voila!

Spotify on 10.2.0.1047-img_00000005.png
    yueytan likes this.
    08-10-13 10:53 AM
    That's a very good idea! Do you know (or could you check) if the folder structure is the same as the PC version for offline files.
    If it is, we might be able to use those (don't have an android device).

-edit- before I forget, what IS the folder location for those files?
    08-10-13 04:34 PM
    I don't know why but since my last post I can download like on Android ...

Spotify on 10.2.0.1047-img_00000007.png
    08-11-13 09:24 AM
    I found my way for storing offline music.

I downloaded my playlists with a Nexus (thx Genymotion) and moved the whole Spotify folder to my Z10. Voila!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000005.png 
Views:	1314 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	191356
    How do you paste Nexus folder to your Z10? Sideloaded Spotify is installed on the internal memory and I don't know how can I access to the internal memory with my PC.
    08-11-13 11:25 AM
    My Spotify is on the media card. I played with a converted DirectoryBind.apk ([TOOL] DirectoryBind - move data to external_sd (GameLoft, Shadowgun etc.) ROOT req. - xda-developers). I set a link for Spotify to the media card. I did not think that it worked but as I started to see Spotify on my media card I think it worked after all.

And this is how I got my Nexus folder to the media card.

If you don't have Spotify on the media card you still can copy the Nexus folder the the media card and from there to your internal memory.
    08-11-13 11:40 AM
    Almost got it working using the some files from the Windows client. I'll post tomorrow if it works.
    (so far offline sync working partially, and no issues more issues restarting the app.)
    08-11-13 09:02 PM
    Great MrGlenn , my spotify freezing every time I want to play any song

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 03:24 AM
    10.2 Leaks: Fully working Spotify with Offline Sync for BB10, EASY method!

Thanks to Sysplex for improving my original method.

Follow above link to the latest easiest fix to get Spotify running on 10.2!
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 08-26-13 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Easiest method so far!
    08-12-13 12:23 PM
    Yes! Mrglenn THANK YOU!
    Spotify on 10.2.0.1047-img_00000103.png

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 02:20 PM
    Funny, I got info about lack of free space but... if I played the song from start to the beginning it remain on device as offline content so if you have problem with sync just play the songs online and these will stay available also offline.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 02:09 AM
    Anyone tested Spotify on Android runtime 10.2.0.1157?
    I'll try tonight

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 04:26 AM
    Anyone tested Spotify on Android runtime 10.2.0.1157?
    I'll try tonight

Posted via CB10
    I'm on that right now .. Trying to follow MrGlenn's instructions to do it. Let's see how .1157's runtime performs.

Update*: Yes, it did work very nicely with MrGlenn's mini tutorial!! Working great and smooth in .1157's, don't know about battery yet.
    Last edited by Juango94; 08-14-13 at 07:01 AM.
    08-14-13 06:32 AM
    Great. Can't wait!

I miss my Spotify

Sideloaded with a token or not?

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 08:00 AM
    I've try that three times and I can't run offline mode correctly.

First of all, I think I use wrongly DirectoryBind app. You have Spotify installed on your media and I redirect my Spotify to my media card with DirectoryBind but I think it doesn't work. After that, I do all the steps and I have a "no space left on device" error. I've delete cache (on BB10 app, I'm right?) but this actions also deletes all data. Then, I've checked spotifycache folder (on device memory, not media card) and all files and folders are deleted. For this reason I think my Spotify isn't installed on the media card. I don't know what I'm doing wrong
    08-14-13 08:37 AM
    I have not tried the .1157 runtime with a fresh install (i.e. without copying from Windows folders). But I still have it working with the same steps I used before. It is sideloaded using a debug token.

@mir2006: I'm not sure why the app would be installed on your device. It should automatically choose the SD card for installing the latest versions, unless your SD is smaller than the internal storage.
    I don't think using something like DirectoryBind will work, as the app will probably still try to write to the original location (device) when syncing playlists. If the app (and spotifycache folder) are installed on device memory, you should just copy all files to that folder. It is not the best solution, but there is plenty of internal storage on the Q/Z device, Spotify should not take up more than a few GB (when syncing large playlists).
    The 'no space on device' error I think is generated when the app is trying to create or write to folders it does not have permissions for. My method creates these folders manually, so the app does not have to.

EDIT
    I tried to rewrite the tutorial a bit to make it easier to understand. This is not just a fix for Offline Sync, it is a general fix to get Spotify to run on the latest 10.2 leaks.
    So many topics claiming Spotify does not work for 10.2, I wish they would just take a look at this topic...
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 08-14-13 at 09:56 AM.
    iPoX and lwaysluking like this.
    08-14-13 09:35 AM
    To be clear, are there still issues with streaming? Have we solved for just offline sync or can we get 100% working on the new runtime?

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 12:15 PM
    I have not run into any issues streaming content. The only thing I have not gotten to work is Local files (desktop files). Both WiFi and 3G worked for me, no pauzes/skips. Switching between signals during playback also works (like going from WiFi>Cell>WiFi).
    And on the small chance something does stop, a simple restart of the app is enough. Make sure the app is fully closed before restarting.
    Note that on runtime .1157 apps stay open a lot longer in the background (in my experience), so use an app like Taskmanager to close them. This helps with battery drain also, because a lot of side-loads stay open in the background.
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 08-14-13 at 01:40 PM.
    08-14-13 01:01 PM
    It works great if you follow Glenn's method!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by iPoX; 08-18-13 at 11:15 AM.
    08-14-13 01:23 PM
    My Spotify is on the media card. I played with a converted DirectoryBind.apk ([TOOL] DirectoryBind - move data to external_sd (GameLoft, Shadowgun etc.) ROOT req. - xda-developers). I set a link for Spotify to the media card. I did not think that it worked but as I started to see Spotify on my media card I think it worked after all.

And this is how I got my Nexus folder to the media card.

If you don't have Spotify on the media card you still can copy the Nexus folder the the media card and from there to your internal memory.
    How did you get this to work? The Directory bind app requires root. I can get it to point to the media card spot, but when I click bind, it says binding failed. Can you shed some more light on this?
    08-14-13 04:47 PM
    So the first time I followed the steps of Glenn's tutorial it did work, with the syncing and everything, after a while the app stopped working for me. I did again what the tutorial said by sideloading the app again and everything, but this time the Windows client doesn't sync with my sideloaded app. Weird
    08-14-13 06:34 PM
    I did not mention re-installing the app did I? Did you remove the old installation, and make sure the entire spotify data folder is removed? Maybe some remaining files are an issue...
    08-14-13 07:16 PM
    I'm working well. I don't use the sync function, I simply stream. I've updated the first post with the link to yours MrGlenn with the fix.
    08-14-13 07:31 PM
    I really appreciate all the hard work you good folks have put in to get this app to work!

I just used the newest method and now Spotify fires right up, again and again, with no more white screen. I'm currently downloading playlists to my Z10 as well. Outstanding job!...

Posted via CB10
    AshDeezy and iPoX like this.
    08-14-13 10:55 PM
    Thank you Mr. Glenn for coming up with this. I think you found a legitimate workaround for fixing Spotify. You hit the nail on the head that I believe since the Android player doesn't give us full read/write permission, the spotify app couldn't create the required folders necessary to keep the app running. I believe the sync with the desktop client allows the app to somehow become triggered that everything is all good.

It would be awesome if this could be stickied somehow as the go to Spotify app.

The only thing i would like to fix is that I copied the entire file structure from my Nexus S Spotify folders to my Z10 64gb media card. However, my Spotify app is installed on my internal Z10 memory. So, when my playlists sync, they sync to my internal memory. I don't think this can be fixed unless your internal memory is all filled up (my best guess). So, since i don't want all of my internal memory taken up, i'll just deal with streaming on my Z10. If i'm ever out of range of a data connection, I'll just use my Nexus S that has all the playlists downloaded on it.

If anyone comes up with a way to force the app to direct offline playlists to the SD Card, please hit up this thread!
    08-15-13 11:33 AM
    FYI, i seem to have fixed my issue with saving to the SD Card.

I had to uninstall Spotify in its entirety. Then I went to file manager and checked both my Device for the Spotify folder and the Media Card. When I uninstalled Spotify, the Device folder was deleted with it. However, I had to go into my media card and delete the folder in there as well.

Then I re-installed and followed Mr. Glenn's instructions above. I checked where my Spotify folder was on my device and it was not there. I checked my Media Card, and sure enough it was there.

I am now downloading my playlists on my Media Card. Hopefully this helps anyone else that was having problems with this.
    08-15-13 01:13 PM
82 1234