09-28-14 11:44 PM
761 ... 45678 ...
tools
    i hope blackberry bring along the google play inside 10.2.1 yeah. well.well.well. at least we can enjoy android apps.
    12-12-13 10:09 PM
    This thread is exciting and has become required reading for me!

Posted via CB10
    kartguy likes this.
    12-12-13 10:22 PM
    thank you for your information indi. I have a feeling you will be a valued member of the community. (not saying you aren't now of course). cheers.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 11:04 PM
    thank you for your information indi. I have a feeling you will be a valued member of the community. (not saying you aren't now of course). cheers.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks man, you get what you put in you know?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 11:16 PM
    yep! I do. I need to contribute more for sure.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 11:21 PM
    If this turns out to be true, it will be fantastic!
    12-12-13 11:34 PM
    sachesi
    What are the MCC codes? Is this production?

Never mind, I'll just wait till the thread develops
    Last edited by f0xG3; 12-13-13 at 12:12 AM.
    12-12-13 11:48 PM
    If you're using Snap all that means is Snap registered your Android VM as a "Z10". AFAIK Google Play will list it as whatever name it claimed to be when it registered for an ID.
    Bubble bursted :-(

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 01:08 AM
    I've never known him to be unreliable. The few times I have asked him about things. but this is good news either way. I love that blackberry is looking out for their customers. Obviously they are trying to close the app gap in other ways since sales aren't getting the apps here. I feel like it is a win win. Maybe they can draw more of an android base while at the same time providing apps their customers want. I've been bragging to my android buddies and some are kinda shocked while at the same time becoming more interested in the platform. word of mouth can sell phones if we have the proper ammunition to being to the table! An app less platform doesn't provide much to be desired though.

Posted via CB10
    I agree Kris does tend to have reliable information. But in this case, it just didn't seem to add very much. The questions about reliability had more to do with prognostication abilities.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1829
    12-13-13 02:11 AM
    Lol, instead of "sub posting" direct your comments about me, to me and all other related parties and like I said earlier, if you've got more to share.. please do

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for your advice about how, when, and where I ought to post. I was not directing any comments at you. Frankly, the first post of yours I quoted didn't add much and that was my point. Regardless of whether there is or isn't more information, you certainly saw my reply here in the thread.

Carry on.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1829
    12-13-13 02:15 AM
    "And like iv been hinting at for a long time, there will be some very very surprised people on this site come Jan."

I will be surprised to see ANY official version of OS 10.2.X.X
    12-13-13 02:24 AM
    If you're using Snap all that means is Snap registered your Android VM as a "Z10". AFAIK Google Play will list it as whatever name it claimed to be when it registered for an ID.

Yep, google play will register the HP touchpad in the same way.
    12-13-13 02:49 AM
    Hi cgk,
    my TP was never recognized properly by Google Play.
    12-13-13 03:18 AM
    [Speculation] Google play in 10.2.1.14XX-img_20131074.png

This app can be found in BB WORLD just search for "trackpad editor".

Personally, I'm good with my z the way it is, but there are peeps out there who still need the old BlackBerry trackpad feel. I only wish this could be integrated deep into the os itself and an option to turn it off when necessary (just like white/dark theme)

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055 "the iPhone-killa"
    mnc76 and Brandon Orr like this.
    12-13-13 03:28 AM
    I hope that BlackBerry brings Google Play officially to BB10 but they also need to address following things :
    1. They need to improve the speed of the apps so that they match the original Android experience (especially the boot up).
    2. They need to address the API-s necessary for all Android apps to run on BB10
    3. BlackBerry needs to improve the design of new phones. Why don't they use Porsche Design for standard phones?
    4. They finally need to start producing hardware with competitive specs.

If BlackBerry is able to address all of those points maybe the hardware business has a bright future.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    12-13-13 03:39 AM
    Where there is smoke there is usually fire...

While this all sounds highly speculative to me the amount of people hinting that there is something more to this makes me wonder that what has been stated isn't far off.

Not that I really care though since I have Snap to cover the few apps I needed from GPlay but for the average user this is very beneficial IF true. Time will tell...

BlackBerry Z30 & Z10 | 10.2.1.1055 | C0006E212
    Last edited by R Field; 12-13-13 at 03:59 AM.
    12-13-13 03:47 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131074.png 
Views:	2749 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	229480

This app can be found in BB WORLD just search for "trackpad editor".

Personally, I'm good with my z the way it is, but there are peeps out there who still need the old BlackBerry trackpad feel. I only wish this could be integrated deep into the os itself and an option to turn it off when necessary (just like white/dark theme)

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055 "the iPhone-killa"
    If you ask me, virtual or Onscreen trackpad doesn't make any sense at all.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    Thesmartmale and wincyUt like this.
    12-13-13 04:08 AM

like it
    12-13-13 04:22 AM
    Where there is smoke there is usually fire...

While this all sounds highly speculative to me the amount of people hinting that there is something more to this makes me wonder that what has been stated isn't far off.

Not that I really care though since I have Snap to cover the few apps I needed from GPlay but for the average user this is very beneficial IF true. Time will tell...

BlackBerry Z30 & Z10 | 10.2.1.1811 | C0006E212
    Just remember that bringing Google Play to QNX10 is not only comprised of a technical solution. If legal pulls the plug at the last minute, then it won't be enabled.
    Uzi, R Field and Pete The Penguin like this.
    12-13-13 05:32 AM
    Just remember that bringing Google Play to QNX10 is not only comprised of a technical solution. If legal pulls the plug at the last minute, then it won't be enabled.
    Something weird happened when I updated to 10.2.0.429 just after it came out.In BBlink on the home page in the top left hand corner there was something about Android ,I noticed it and when I went back to check it out it was gone,a few minutes later.I wasn't dreaming,something is coming!!
    12-13-13 06:37 AM
    Hi cgk,
    my TP was never recognized properly by Google Play.
    Mine was - it was HP NUMBER (Can't remember the number).
    12-13-13 06:40 AM
    The legal stuff is more important that the technical - in particular the fact that if you sign terms with google you give them significant control over what you do upto and including when and how you realise devices and how user data is collected and used.
    12-13-13 06:43 AM
    The legal stuff is more important that the technical - in particular the fact that if you sign terms with google you give them significant control over what you do upto and including when and how you realise devices and how user data is collected and used.
    Absolutely, and that is the biggest concern. I'm asking myself if BB is signing their independence away forever.
    12-13-13 06:50 AM

Google Play, related Google Services, and frameworks are not open source. They are copyrighted. That means that BlackBerry would have no right to use these things without Google's consent. If it is true that BlackBerry in fact has taken the extra step of circulating OS builds to carriers with Google Play installed, that would be a distribution of copyrighted material and that would not be done without Google's consent. So, if you are right, then there already is a deal between Google and BlackBerry.

One other possible alternative is that instead of using Google's copyrighted material, BlackBerry has instead reverse engineered those things that are necessary to give BlackBerry access to the Play store and Google services, much like Palm did in getting access to iTunes. Parts of this may be questionable because the use of Google Play is subject to license terms and those may include provisions barring access by non-approved devices. However, in the Android world, Google has not tried to police Play Store access. All manner of non-approved devices access it. But, I am aware of no case in which a competitor sought to do this. Surely, it could be shut down easily by Google, much like Apple shut down Palm's access to iTunes.

Reverse engineering seems unlikely. Palm's hack let Pres sync to iTunes when connected to a PC. That is a really limited kind if access. The talk here is about purchasing and installing apps through Play. It may be technically possible but that would be so easy to shut down it seems like it would be a wasted effort.

Do you know if BlackBerry plans to use Google Apps or reverse engineered solutions?

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 06:53 AM
    If BlackBerry has gotten consent from Google to release the play store on BlackBerry devices it is truly the best move to become relevant in the consumer market and bury Windows Phone for good. People know Google and the play store that alone will get carriers and customers interested in BlackBerry again and possibly bring them back to have a decent market share. I know many people that would love my Z-10 if they had the Apps from there DROIDs and itoys.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 07:09 AM
761 ... 45678 ...