09-28-14 11:44 PM
761 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Hmm ... some exciting news and some credible sources chiming in on this topic. Could this be the TSN turning point?
    12-12-13 03:27 PM
    One question on this Jan. 4th date. This is likely the expected global roll out, so those BB regions where there are a lot of users, they will likely get first dibs. What does this mean for the US? Have they even got 10.2 yet? The US folks may not get this rumoured version until 2020.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    12-12-13 03:31 PM
    One question on this Jan. 4th date. This is likely the expected global roll out, so those BB regions where there are a lot of users, they will likely get first dibs. What does this mean for the US? Have they even got 10.2 yet? The US folks may not get this rumoured version until 2020.
    Who cares? Sachesi makes it immediately available as soon as it drops anywhere.
    00stryder likes this.
    12-12-13 03:34 PM
    Is this supposed to be some definitive justification for your response?

Seriously?
    I reached out to a source looking for information and shared what information I was able to come up with, with the community. If you've got other information to share be my guest. Don't go after me for contributing or if you've got an issue with my source buddy.

Seriously.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Indi Campbell; 12-12-13 at 07:56 PM.
    12-12-13 03:38 PM
    The fact that if you run 10.2.1.1055 and see 10.2.1.176 as a software release version already means your carrier does have that build and they are testing it, now I don't actually think 10.2.1.1055 is going to be the official launch 10.2.1 revision, It'll mostly likely be a higher build but from what I can tell software release versions are assigned through the carrier, Operating System version is assigned through RIM (Yes I said RIM now deal with it )
    I was talking about carriers testing builds that are suitable for public launch..

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 03:39 PM
    Weird cause in this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=872484
    I said this

I still say wait and see, of course they would deny it right, I mean why admit it right now? If the are "still" in talks with Google or testing

Posted from my Z30.
    And when you look at the replies I got burned and people thought I was nuts lol well whose crazy now!?

Posted via CB10
    tonytraj17, toobs623 and ray689 like this.
    12-12-13 03:41 PM
    Who cares? Sachesi makes it immediately available as soon as it drops anywhere.
    Which is fine and dandy, but most people won't go the way of using Sachesi to load this "non-carrier" provided version. The reality is that there are a large chunk of the population that wait for carrier released versions for any number of reasons. Hopefully a nice and timely global rollout so that the world can enjoy and celebrate in this good news (if it is true).
    12-12-13 03:44 PM
    Weird cause in this thread BlackBerry Denies Google Play Store Coming to BlackBerry 10 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    I said this

And when you look at the replies I got burned and people thought I was nuts lol well whose crazy now!?

Posted via CB10
    You have to admit it sounded far fetched at that point. But I agree, still no need to jump down your throat.
    habs_fan likes this.
    Google Play, web version, already recognizes Z10 as Android device. It's a change we noticed in last few days - two weeks ago my Z10 was unrecognized by Google Play. Something is happening between Blackberry and Google.

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean? What happens when you go to play.google.com?

Posted via CB10
    You have to admit it sounded far fetched at that point. But I agree, still no need to jump down your throat.
    Oh for sure, and that's why I said let's take the wait and see approach, I just like to rub it in when I'm right cause it doesn't happen very often lol

Posted via CB10
    Brandon Orr likes this.
    12-12-13 03:46 PM
    Oh for sure, and that's why I said let's take the wait and see approach, I just like to rub it in when I'm right cause it doesn't happen very often lol

Posted via CB10
    There's bound to be plenty of rubbing it in opportunity coming up!!
    Omnitech likes this.
    12-12-13 03:49 PM
    Weird cause in this thread BlackBerry Denies Google Play Store Coming to BlackBerry 10 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    I said this

Posted via CB10
    Well, om everyone else's defense, you do lose a lot of credibility by being a Habs fan...
    12-12-13 03:55 PM
    Well, om everyone else's defense, you do lose a lot of credibility by being a Habs fan...
    TOUCHE

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield and ray689 like this.
    12-12-13 03:56 PM
    May I suggest we stand as cautious as possible ? There's so much implications... let's keep our blood safe from heat and boil !

Visit my BBM Channel !
    Barljo, Blacklatino and 00stryder like this.
    12-12-13 03:59 PM
    Peevish don't tell me your a leafs fan ..

Posted via CB10
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    12-12-13 04:01 PM
    Agree totally. Fortunately the thread title says [speculation].
    12-12-13 04:02 PM
    What do you mean? What happens when you go to play.google.com?

Posted via CB10
    Just logged in my account to check my list of android devices.. the Blackberry Z10 is at the top of the list. This is probably because of the "Snap" Google Play app for bbos10 and the signing in. Could mean a lot or a little.

[Speculation] Google play in 10.2.1.14XX-untitled-2.jpg
    12-12-13 04:02 PM
    May I suggest we stand as cautious as possible ? There's so much implications... let's keep our blood safe from heat and boil !

Visit my BBM Channel !
    And I agree. Let's just wait and see what happens.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    Granehill likes this.
    12-12-13 04:04 PM
    This will be a very double-edged sword. Google Play will spell trouble for the security-minded.

News from JUST this week:

"Researchers have recently uncovered two unrelated threats that have the potential to turn Android devices into remotely controlled bugging and spying devices. [...] Bitdefender has identified about 1,640 apps in the official Google Play app marketplace that included the framework. So far, only 1,122 of them have been removed."

New Android threats could turn some phones into remote bugging devices | Ars Technica
    12-12-13 04:08 PM
    Just logged in my account to check my list of android devices.. the Blackberry Z10 is at the top of the list. This is probably because of the "Snap" Google Play app for bbos10 and the signing in. Could mean a lot or a little.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg 
Views:	5348 
Size:	415.3 KB 
ID:	229367
    Not sure if it means more than proper detection, I was surprised to see that on amazon's store too. Be careful, "hints" are going to pile, but the addition may not give a proper result

P.S : say the guy who's been burned... often!

Visit my BBM Channel !
    12-12-13 04:16 PM
    This will be a very double-edged sword...]
    Let's not derail, please. There are two or three threads about it already

Visit my BBM Channel !
    12-12-13 04:18 PM
    I reached out to a source looking for information and shared what information I was able to come up with, with the community. If you've got other information to share be my guest. Don't go after me if for contributing or if you've got an issue with my source buddy.

Seriously.

Posted via CB10

^^ This.

Don't be jerks.
    12-12-13 04:18 PM
    How did you register your Z10 w/ Google Play??
    12-12-13 04:26 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg 
Views:	5348 
Size:	415.3 KB 
ID:	229367
    That's curious...I'm using Snap and the Play store tells me that I don't have any devices...even though I have two Bluestacks devices that used to show up in there...
    12-12-13 04:31 PM
    How did you register your Z10 w/ Google Play??
    Using the Snap app on the z10, I registered using the same email used on my android devices. So Im guessing it registered then.. not sure how deep the snap app is linked to google play.. so..
    12-12-13 04:34 PM
761 ... 23456 ...