09-29-14 12:44 AM
761 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    Attachment 231831

Anyone know how to over come this? On my Z30 of course!

Posted via CB10
    Same I need to fix it

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1829
    12-20-13 11:15 AM
    And where can I get this app that allows OTA bar installation??

Posted via Tecno_n9 Pad using the Android CrackBerry App!
    Barinstaller I think it's called. Has to be side loaded.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5vss8jup5cpoany/r1mmHbqK1M

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 05:19 PM
    Barinstaller I think it's called. Has to be side loaded.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5vss8jup5cpoany/r1mmHbqK1M

Not saying I mistrust ray or anything, but be very careful with random anonymous dropbox links to software that you have no idea where it came from or what might be hidden in it.
    12-20-13 05:28 PM
    Not saying I mistrust ray or anything, but be very careful with random anonymous dropbox links to software that you have no idea where it came from or what might be hidden in it.
    Thanx man.... VERY WELL NOTED

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055 "the iPhone-killa"
    12-20-13 05:44 PM
    I think there's a thread on it. I can't say i've used it but check the threads for feedback. And I agree don't take my word for it at all.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 05:44 PM
    Be aware that APKs (Android apps) can be SELF-SIGNED and you will NOT get an alert on them.

It is quite easy to decompile them to .SMALI files, add or change what's originally there and then re-package them and re-sign them with a self-generated key.

IF​ someone with malicious intent does that.....

I have used this very capability for NON-malicious purposes -- but that I can do it for appropriate reasons means someone else can do it for much-less appropriate ones.
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    12-20-13 06:05 PM
    Is it possible that Flextronics and Celestica or who ever Blackberry was using before is not part of OHA? and Foxconn is part of OHA. So Chen had to take that step first before getting GSF onto Blackberry? I don't see Flex nor Celestica in the OHA member list under "Handset Manufacturers". Or do they not count because Flex and Celestica are EMS and have no say in the software part of the handset therefore Google doesn't care?
    12-21-13 02:08 AM
    Attachment 231831

Anyone know how to over come this? On my Z30 of course!

Posted via CB10
    I'v the same thing

Posted Via my Q10
    12-21-13 02:41 AM
    The OHA and the access to GAPPS is used by google as a stick to control what OEMs do - to allow BBRY access to google play without ensuring the same level of control they have over other OEMS would be very odd, even odder when you consider that BBRY is on its knees and has no leverage in any negotiations.
    Does Google control Amazon? I think not. Bbry's position of weakness can be exploited by asserting that there is no significant conflict of interest due to the position of weakness. BlackBerry users purchasing from Gplay is leverage enough as the question Google has to answer is: do you want to sell more apps and games and media? Yes/no?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1055 O2 UK
    HotFix likes this.
    12-21-13 03:02 AM
    For the first time Google has allowed a phone outside Google's Open Hardware Alliance (OHA) to run Google services and apps legitimately, for the Oppo N1 phone. More HERE (http://www.muktware.com/2013/12/oppo...services/18059) and HERE (http://mobile.slashdot.org/story/13/...un-google-apps)

Posted via CB10
    SirJes and ofutur like this.
    12-21-13 03:18 AM
    For the first time Google has allowed a phone outside Google's Open Hardware Alliance (OHA) to run Google services and apps legitimately, for the Oppo N1 phone. More HERE (Oppo N1 gets Google’s blessing, CyanogenMod phone will run Google services - Muktware) and HERE (Oppo's CyanogenMod Phone Gets Blessed To Run Google Apps - Slashdot)

Posted via CB10
    Yeah! Bring on G Play!
    12-21-13 04:17 AM
    Is it possible that Flextronics and Celestica or who ever Blackberry was using before is not part of OHA? and Foxconn is part of OHA. So Chen had to take that step first before getting GSF onto Blackberry? I don't see Flex nor Celestica in the OHA member list under "Handset Manufacturers". Or do they not count because Flex and Celestica are EMS and have no say in the software part of the handset therefore Google doesn't care?

Since for the most part none of those companies market their own branded devices, I don't think it's an issue.

(Apparently Foxconn toyed-around with some brands of their own, ie televisions and electronic accessories, but my understanding is that they didn't really go anywhere. There have been some rumors that they might produce a smartphone w/ their own branding, but I've seen no evidence this actually ever happened. It would really open a huge can of worms for them, as the perception that they are competing directly with their OEM/ODM clients would severely undermine their traditional customer/revenue base.)
    ami.one likes this.
    12-21-13 06:34 AM
    For the first time Google has allowed a phone outside Google's Open Hardware Alliance (OHA) to run Google services and apps legitimately, for the Oppo N1 phone. More HERE (http://www.muktware.com/2013/12/oppo...services/18059) and HERE (http://mobile.slashdot.org/story/13/...un-google-apps)

Posted via CB10
    I will say this. If Google's test to determine whether BB10 can access Google Services is COMPATIBILITY, then it is clear from the latest leak that BlackBerry has a way to go. Using Snap, I installed a bunch of random Android Apps and the results are still hit and miss. Many Apps still don't load or have weird issues.

Perhaps BlackBerry is seeking Google's approval but BlackBerry has not achieved the required level of compatibility in order to be certified?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 08:28 AM
    http://source.android.com/compatibility/overview.html

Info on the requirements that BlackBerry would be required to satisfy.

Posted via CB10
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    12-21-13 08:49 AM
    Bring it on Google and BlackBerry!
    12-21-13 12:52 PM
    Maybe this is known and obvious to others but, if not, look at what shows up in the dropdown on Google Play when I access "My Apps" and chose to install from the web-based Google Play site. It doesn't work via this method, yet.

[Speculation] Google play in 10.2.1.14XX-googleplayz10.jpg
    Last edited by jmimac351; 12-21-13 at 09:55 PM. Reason: typo
    12-21-13 09:52 PM
    I will say this. If Google's test to determine whether BB10 can access Google Services is COMPATIBILITY, then it is clear from the latest leak that BlackBerry has a way to go. Using Snap, I installed a bunch of random Android Apps and the results are still hit and miss. Many Apps still don't load or have weird issues.

Perhaps BlackBerry is seeking Google's approval but BlackBerry has not achieved the required level of compatibility in order to be certified?

Posted via CB10
    If the Cyanogen Mod/Oppo N1 shipped with Root access, it wouldn't have passed Google?s compatibility test ? or what are known as the CTS and CDD certification programs.

I wonder how this affects the Open Handset Alliance?
    12-21-13 10:04 PM
    I'v the same thing

Posted Via my Q10
    what the hell, did i miss a leak???
    12-21-13 10:06 PM
    If the Cyanogen Mod/Oppo N1 shipped with Root access, it wouldn't have passed Google?s compatibility test ? or what are known as the CTS and CDD certification programs.

I wonder how this affects the Open Handset Alliance?
    I'm not sure this is entirely accurate. Maybe there are certain exceptions, because I have known of a few tablets and at least one phone (I can not remember which ones, so obviously I don't have any info to back this up) that shipped with Root access. Which in itself is confusing, considering the fact that rooting usually voids your warranty. So I'm not trying to dispute what your saying. Just pointing that out.

Posted with CB10 via Q10 running 10.2.1.1259
    12-21-13 10:20 PM
    I'm not sure this is entirely accurate. Maybe there are certain exceptions, because I have known of a few tablets and at least one phone (I can not remember which ones, so obviously I don't have any info to back this up) that shipped with Root access. Which in itself is confusing, considering the fact that rooting usually voids your warranty. So I'm not trying to dispute what your saying. Just pointing that out.

I'll clarify, if the Cyanogen Mod/Oppo N1 had shipped with Root access enabled out of the box, then Google wouldn't have blessed it with Google Apps.

The big deal is that Google OKed this; in order to sell an Android product with the suite of Google apps included, you have to get Google's blessing. And the Cyanogenmod team did. Other products that run forked or modified versions of Android (the Kindle Fire) don't have those apps included.

http://gizmodo.com/google-just-oked-...ium=socialflow

12-21-13 10:54 PM
    So what you're saying is, a phone or tab can ship with root access, as long as it isn't enabled out of the box? So basically it can be rooted, but root can't be enabled? That's a little confusing and I'm not sure I follow entirely. If you hack to gain root, it's automatically enabled once the rooting process is complete. So how do you root without enabling it? Because I know that I have heard of a few devices coming rooted out of the box. Again, not disputing what you're saying, just confused here. I don't really get why Google would care about root. Since most warranties are presided over directly by carriers, root seems (or at least in my mind) more of a carrier issue. It's been said that all Google really cares about is selling apps, and I see no way that rooting affects app sales, unless it has to do with being able to disable Google services, and if you didn't want Google services, you're probably not likely to buy an android device anyway, since Google services are the core of android. If there is a way to root without automatically enabling root access, I'm not aware what it is. Unless it has to do with building root from the source code, as opposed to hacking it. That would be the only way that would make sense to me. I'm no expert when it comes to actual development, but I have a fair amount of experience with android and rooting, and know a good bit about the platform. So this is new information for me.

12-22-13 03:43 AM
    Google's own Nexus phones can be rooted with a simple adb command. I don't think any phone will ship with something less secure than that.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 06:18 AM
    Google's own Nexus phones can be rooted with a simple adb command. I don't think any phone will ship with something less secure than that.
    Unlocking the bootloader, a pre-requirement, will wipe all the data on the device. So while you will be rooted, you won't have access to the person's data.
    12-22-13 09:18 AM
    Unlocking the bootloader, a pre-requirement, will wipe all the data on the device. So while you will be rooted, you won't have access to the person's data.
    Except not all boot loaders are locked. Samsung's, in particular, are not and yet Samsung hasn't been ejected for refusing.

Virtually all Samsung devices can thus by rooted by putting the device in download mode (usually DOWN volume + power when turned off) and then flashing a recovery using ODIN that (1) writes the "su" utility to the /system partition (which is usually write-protected, but in recovery it is not as that's how you load firmware) and (2) re-writes the stock recovery back.

This is a 30-second process and is non-destructive to whatever else may be on the device, and since unlike some of the other ways to do it (specifically, replacing the recovery with a custom one that can flash arbitrary ZIP files -- such as a ZIP file containing the SU utility) it also doesn't cause OTA updates to fail it is a very nice way to accomplish exactly that -- gaining root access.
    12-22-13 12:06 PM
    BTW there are versions up to near 10.2.1.1900 "in the wild".... yes, I have an actual list and it's not speculative either.

1259 is way behind where BlackBerry is internally....
    12-22-13 12:17 PM
761 ... 2122232425 ...