09-28-14 11:44 PM
761 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Carry on folks, this dude (Zaid) is telling more stories than Walter Elias Disney.

I have some fuel I can add to this fire, but I'll just leave it at that...for now

Posted via CB10
    Eh man, might as well add it while it's going

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 01:42 PM
    Time will tell. Let's give him a chance to post the screen shot...
    12-18-13 01:52 PM
    I wanna believe in something!!!!!! Lol
    12-18-13 01:55 PM
    Too whoever removed my post I hope you do understand it was a joke. I would never do those things. Cheers all...
    12-18-13 02:07 PM
    Eh man, might as well add it while it's going

Posted via CB10
    I'll get in sh1t, man. I promised one of my buddy's who happens to be a mod, that I'd behave myself.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 02:08 PM
    I'll get in sh1t, man. I promised one of my buddy's who happens to be a mod, that I'd behave myself.

Posted via CB10
    PM me ur pin

Posted via CB10
    rockivy likes this.
    12-18-13 03:23 PM
    1. I am stabstabdie, are you seeing other people? You might want to get that checked out.

2. I'm not defending anyone. I'm simply saying that IF BlackBerry is putting passwords on autoloaders, they are well within their rights.

3. I don't know what you do for a living, but the dismissal of an employee who leaks company information/property is standard practice literally EVERYWHERE. Draconian would be the dismissal and then public execution. With their pants down and a sign that says I have a tiny wiener.
    1. You and one more poster here are singing the same tune about intellectual property. It's compiled code, for a free OS, used on a device that was already purchased by the consumer. Nothing at all is at risk here, so there is absolutely no reason to use the intellectual property argument.

2. Agreed. My point is that if they are doing this, the practice is (in my opinion) petty, pathetic, and completely unjustified.

3. See point #1.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 03:31 PM
    If this is truly what BlackBerry is doing now to prevent leaks they are about to lose another customer soon. I won't support a draconian company in the long haul.

And if a company trying to protect its valuable competitive IP assets is automatically deemed "draconian" then... uh... well. Should be self-evident.

Sense of entitlement FTW.
    12-18-13 03:36 PM
    1. You and one more poster here are singing the same tune about intellectual property. It's compiled code, for a free OS...

"Free OS"??

12-18-13 03:38 PM
    Lol I'm trying not to entertain his argument, cause honestly it's not worth it

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    ital1, PlayBookUserMT and deezy87 like this.
    12-18-13 03:43 PM
    1. You and one more poster here are singing the same tune about intellectual property. It's compiled code, for a free OS, used on a device that was already purchased by the consumer. Nothing at all is at risk here, so there is absolutely no reason to use the intellectual property argument.

2. Agreed. My point is that if they are doing this, the practice is (in my opinion) petty, pathetic, and completely unjustified.

3. See point #1.

Posted via CB10
    You may be surprised to know in the real world companies do have a right to keep their IP private until officially released, even if it is 'free software' on purchased hardware.

The risk is losing a competitive advantage against rival companies. Several other phone companies use major OS releases as advertising opportunities. In the case of BlackBerry it can be somewhat lackluster when we already have known about all the new major features for over a month. This hurts BlackBerry in what could have been a great marketing opportunity.

You have no right to any of their software, free or paid until the company releases it officially. The fact is employees sign NDAs and they leak at their own risk. Firing an employee is standard procedure at all companies when NDAs are violated.

Are you just purposely trying to derail this thread or do you really think you're owed everything BlackBerry creates immediately and that disloyal employees shouldn't be terminated?

I love trying out leaks, but the people who provide them are well aware of what they are risking if they do so without an unofficial blessing from management.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 03:47 PM
    PM me ur pin

Posted via CB10
    Done
    12-18-13 04:01 PM

3. See point #1.

Posted via CB10
    Well you quoted me and then named me so the only one you're calling out here is me.
    It's usually pretty important to be correct if you're going to call someone out.
    By your logic, I would be able to build a phone, load it with bb10, and then sell it.
    No problems. The os is 'free' isn't it??
    You're simply delusional.
    Ladies and gentleman the reason the team is gone. Give him a big round of applause.
    Its Spade likes this.
    12-18-13 04:19 PM
    The only reason to allow APK to be installed directly is because there are plans to allow access to Google Play - the official source of APK's and all the Android applications a person or a BUSINESS could want.

And that is the question - are they doing this for consumers or Business or both?

I don't see a BlackBerry with access to the Android market being a huge consumer success for the company. Being in direct competition with the marketing and pricing power of Samsung would be a death sentence. But in the business market where BlackBerry does have some unique features - premium prices could be asked and with there being no limitations on not having the TOOL that business want... it might be a success. (personally I think that ship has sailed and that even here competition in both software and hardware is going to make profitability for BlackBerry a difficult prospect)
    Honestly? I'm using Blackberry 10 for the interface, particularly the hub. If developers don't port their apps to BBW because the Google Play version is easily accessible and works just as fine, I'm OK with that. Apps that need native capabilities we can complain to the developers until they give in. People just have to get it though their thick skulls that it does not make Blackberry 10 indistinguishable form Android, it just makes it a superior OS that can run all Android apps.
    12-18-13 05:01 PM

3. See point #1.

Posted via CB10
    It's a free OS?
    And yes you already purchased the device with whatever version of the OS it was preloaded with....that in no way gives you access to any and all future intellectual property of the company before they deem it necessary to release. In fact, you paid for the device with the version that you bought with no promise of any future version so they could just leave it as is and you wouldn't be able to do anything about it but complain in a thread.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 06:16 PM
    BS3 can you confirm that autoloaders now require a username and password (as stated in the Google Play in 14xx thread)

Posted via CB10
    From what I have seen and heard, this is not true...

But, I can not speculate on it any further.

Sent from my mind controlled Z30STA100-3 What OS I have is my business so, Get off my nuts
    SubCamp likes this.
    12-18-13 06:36 PM
    Oh I am so sorry that I resulted in your precious BlackBerry leaks team disbanding. I guess my over-inflated sense of entitlement and my desire to steal the BlackBerry intellectual property just ruined it for all of you :'(

I kid, I kid. I could care less about the leaks team. I never agreed with their initial approach of withholding leaks. If you are a community member and you have a source you simply drop the leak and walk away. That's true participation.

I will give you one thing. I probably should have edited my comment about the OS being free. Poorly worded on my part. Without the device the BlackBerry 10 OS is useless and as it is not sold as a standalone OS that generates any revenue for BlackBerry. In effect, it is free with a purchase of a BlackBerry 10 device.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 12:07 AM
    Well you quoted me and then named me so the only one you're calling out here is me.
    It's usually pretty important to be correct if you're going to call someone out.
    By your logic, I would be able to build a phone, load it with bb10, and then sell it.
    No problems. The os is 'free' isn't it??
    You're simply delusional.
    Ladies and gentleman the reason the team is gone. Give him a big round of applause.
    Wait I'm confused. I thought it was my fault. And seriously people. Why do you fellas feel the need to attack everyone who shares their opinion, simply because it differs from yours. Talk about not letting it go. Yea.. we are truly seeing who is having the difficulty doing just that.

But that's my opinion. Let the bashing me for it begin. but if you can find the will not to that would be awesome and we can get back to reading the comments of the more intellectual people who have more important information to talk about. It's been a pleasure to read and learn about.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 12:24 AM
    If you are a community member and you have a source you simply drop the leak and walk away. That's true participation.
    You're entitled to your opinion of course, but there are a significant number of people who disagree with that characterization.

That's not to say that BL was perfect because it clearly was not. However I for one think it is much better for the community as a whole to be provided reasonably functional OS builds, a body of knowledge, various help documents, guidelines about how not to tick BlackBerry off (amazing how many lovelies would go back to BlackBerry or their carrier griping about bugs or problems with their leaked OS or even expecting tech support from them - does anyone actually believe that nonsense is "good for the community"??), as well as a group of trusted experts to answer questions and do a bit of cat-herding in the notoriously repetitive and frustrating leak threads.

I'm not saying either approach is 100% superior but I am saying that there's lots of room for debate as to how to best approach the matter.

All of which is sorta moot at the moment since it appears the company has apparently done a lot of clamping down on the traditional sources. (Either that or a lot of them were part of the 60% of staff that recently lost their jobs in the company restructuring)
    JoBudden, m1kr0 and PlayBookUserMT like this.
    12-19-13 12:33 AM
    Wait I'm confused. I thought it was my fault. And seriously people. Why do you fellas feel the need to attack everyone who shares their opinion, simply because it differs from yours. Talk about not letting it go. Yea.. we are truly seeing who is having the difficulty doing just that.

But that's my opinion. Let the bashing me for it begin. but if you can find the will not to that would be awesome and we can get back to reading the comments of the more intellectual people who have more important information to talk about. It's been a pleasure to read and learn about.

Posted via CB10

If we were to go ahead and do this there would be no point in you posting in this thread or any other leak thread for that matter. Your posts have been far from intelligent. You think you come off as the innocent one only hinting at your distaste for BerryLeaks without actually mentioning them by name. If you complain about their process you are complaining about them. If your mind cannot make this connection I cannot help you.

You may want everything right away for yourself but the leaks may be provided by the leakers in whatever way they see to be fit. You don't have a source so obviously you have no control. It must really eat at you inside not being able to have what others have.

Sometimes it's better not to release software that's going to brick people's phones or create dozens of unorganized threads asking the same questions 30 times over. There really is no reason to leak OS's without Radios. It's cool to see what's new, but this makes the OS non-functional as a daily driver.

The whole organization of the BerryLeaks team made it much easier for amateurs to run leaked OS's without running into as much trouble as usual. This is important since the autoloaders have simplified this process over BBOS where you had to install the OS to your computer and then remove the carrier files. It used to be slightly more technical and this removed the desire for less tech savvy people to run leaks.

Now it's as simple as double clicking an autoloader file and you're off to the races. Many of us who have at least a minor technical understanding of the OS try to help out other members in the leak threads, but that's not to say all those too lazy to read or use the search function don't drive us crazy from time to time.

You could say if you don't understand how to fix your own problems then you shouldn't be installing leaks in the first place. Well that would be great, but you can't control what other people do.

At least BerryLeaks released install instructions, their primary findings and fixes and updated their primary posts as more was discovered.

I really don't care that you want to discover everything yourself. The source isn't yours. If you really want that sensation you could have just downloaded the loaders and installed without reading their findings. You get what others provide when they are comfortable providing it and in the manner they are comfortable doing so.

BerryLeaks brought the most organization and excitement to this sub-forum that I have ever seen in my time at CrackBerry. I wish they didn't have all the self entitled members bashing them all the time. Their process was far superior than the drop and go at'r method we've seen in the past.

I shouldn't have to look through 3000 posts to find answers, or 20 threads. Neither should anyone else. When it comes to technical issues organization is important.

Anyways I could disagree with you forever, but that's not going to go anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech, ital1, wu-wei and 3 others like this.
    12-19-13 05:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    OK ok Joe,
    You can have some of the blame too!
    PlayBookUserMT and Omnitech like this.
    12-19-13 05:58 AM
    Attachment 229267

Posted via CB10
    loool thats a lie
    12-19-13 07:40 AM
    If we were to go ahead and do this there would be no point in you posting in this thread or any other leak thread for that matter. Your posts have been far from intelligent. You think you come off as the innocent one only hinting at your distaste for BerryLeaks without actually mentioning them by name. If you complain about their process you are complaining about them. If your mind cannot make this connection I cannot help you.

You may want everything right away for yourself but the leaks may be provided by the leakers in whatever way they see to be fit. You don't have a source so obviously you have no control. It must really eat at you inside not being able to have what others have.

Sometimes it's better not to release software that's going to brick people's phones or create dozens of unorganized threads asking the same questions 30 times over. There really is no reason to leak OS's without Radios. It's cool to see what's new, but this makes the OS non-functional as a daily driver.

The whole organization of the BerryLeaks team made it much easier for amateurs to run leaked OS's without running into as much trouble as usual. This is important since the autoloaders have simplified this process over BBOS where you had to install the OS to your computer and then remove the carrier files. It used to be slightly more technical and this removed the desire for less tech savvy people to run leaks.

Now it's as simple as double clicking an autoloader file and you're off to the races. Many of us who have at least a minor technical understanding of the OS try to help out other members in the leak threads, but that's not to say all those too lazy to read or use the search function don't drive us crazy from time to time.

You could say if you don't understand how to fix your own problems then you shouldn't be installing leaks in the first place. Well that would be great, but you can't control what other people do.

At least BerryLeaks released install instructions, their primary findings and fixes and updated their primary posts as more was discovered.

I really don't care that you want to discover everything yourself. The source isn't yours. If you really want that sensation you could have just downloaded the loaders and installed without reading their findings. You get what others provide when they are comfortable providing it and in the manner they are comfortable doing so.

BerryLeaks brought the most organization and excitement to this sub-forum that I have ever seen in my time at CrackBerry. I wish they didn't have all the self entitled members bashing them all the time. Their process was far superior than the drop and go at'r method we've seen in the past.

I shouldn't have to look through 3000 posts to find answers, or 20 threads. Neither should anyone else. When it comes to technical issues organization is important.

Anyways I could disagree with you forever, but that's not going to go anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    All I can say is why keep riding their nuts. Do you honestly think your consistent praise and need to defend every move they made is some how gonna get you something no one else is going to get? Give it a rest dude. And I dunno why you bother posting I didn't read the rant past the first paragraph cause honestly there's no point. Listening to you whine and moan has become BORING. Which is why I have started reporting you every single time you post. Simply because the only time you do is to jump to the the defense of people who obviously care just as little about you as they do everyone else.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Damn cb needs an ignore button ffs.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 08:50 AM
    All I can say is why keep riding their nuts. Do you honestly think your consistent praise and need to defend every move they made is some how gonna get you something no one else is going to get? Give it a rest dude. And I dunno why you bother posting I didn't read the rant past the first paragraph cause honestly there's no point. Listening to you whine and moan has become BORING. Which is why I have started reporting you every single time you post. Simply because the only time you do is to jump to the the defense of people who obviously care just as little about you as they do everyone else.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Damn cb needs an ignore button ffs.

Posted via CB10
    There is an ignore button.
    You can block anyone you like.

Learn to use the forum and I hope you enjoy your abuse of reporting system infraction.
    PlayBookUserMT and Drenis like this.
    12-19-13 09:30 AM
    I have no idea why some of you guys bother writing more than a paragraph..

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 09:32 AM
761 ... 1718192021 ...