09-28-14 11:44 PM
761 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    I've always had my own source that I never really disclosed so hush hush princess

Posted via CB10
    Yeah sure and my name is John Chen

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 06:34 PM
    Once again you are the one bringing them up. I never once said anything about berry leaks. If I can not come on here and have a simple conversation and share my opinion without being attacked by you and having you put words in my mouth how is that fair.

Posted via CB10

And beta testing? According to most people on this site. They don't want to beta test. They want someone to do it for them and release them a stable leak with a list so they can decide if it's right for a daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, yes, obviously you never mentioned them. You were only talking about the other group that tested leaks and then released them with a list of errors and fixes. This in no way references the BerryLeaks team, way to play the victim Nick.

And after two of the former BerryLeaks team members updated their statuses to show they were running a new leak, you decided to mock them and update yours with the only comment being "hmm"

You're right, you're completely innocent and I'm attacking you for no reason. My mistake. You are clearly the victim here [sarcasm].

Posted via CB10

Edit: I was writing this before I saw the mod post. I don't think this counts as a personal attack but I can adjust it to be more kosher if need be.
    habs_fan and Nugzie like this.
    12-15-13 06:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nice to meet you john

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 06:39 PM
    Yes, yes, obviously you never mentioned them. You were only talking about the other group that tested leaks and then released them with a list of errors and fixes. This in no way references the BerryLeaks team, way to play the victim Nick.

And after two of the former BerryLeaks team members updated their statuses to show they were running a new leak, you decided to mock them and update yours with the only comment being "hmm"

You're right, you're completely innocent and I'm attacking you for no reason. My mistake. You are clearly the victim here [sarcasm].

Posted via CB10
    I simply did it to show that anyone could with lack of proof. And I never said anything about the team once again I said people of this site prefer something, am I wrong? I'm sorry I can't see the reason for your attacks when I'm clearly not saying what you're accussing me of. I'm sorry you have such hard feelings towards me. But, I have nothing against you. Please calm down and try to have a better night

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 06:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    Mr Chen! Now that you're in this thread want to confirm this speculation for us?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 06:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Think what you would like

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 06:47 PM
    Considering the Android runtime (not the full Android OS) is only available in BB10 cos it's a brute force hack and BlackBerry are not members of the OHA, then Google Play wont be coming to BlackBerry.

EVER.

Oh, just for the record, Google will break BlackBerry's little hack in an upcoming version of KitKat.
    12-15-13 06:47 PM
    Considering the Android runtime (not the full Android OS) is only available in BB10 cos it's a brute force hack and BlackBerry are not members of the OHA, then Google Play wont be coming to BlackBerry.

EVER.

Oh, just for the record, Google will break BlackBerry's little hack in an upcoming version of KitKat.
    QNX is a member of the OHA though, and QNX is the basis of BB10

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 06:51 PM

EVER.

Larry Page? Is that you?

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    12-15-13 06:54 PM
    QNX is a member of the OHA though, and QNX is the basis of BB10

Posted via CB10
    So is TAT apparently
    One of the founding companies according to the Wiki article and the OHA website

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 06:56 PM
    Google Play, web version, already recognizes Z10 as Android device. It's a change we noticed in last few days - two weeks ago my Z10 was unrecognized by Google Play. Something is happening between Blackberry and Google.

Posted via CB10
    Amazon also recognises BB10 as Android because of the hack to have the Android runtime not because of some non-existent business deal between BlackBerry and Google which would p!ss off the OHA members.

Also, BlackBerry own some of the Nortel patents (along with MS and others) and are suing Google for patent infringement.
    12-15-13 06:58 PM
    How can they have builds if the gold SDK hasn't been out yet ?!

Posted via CB10
    Exactly.
    12-15-13 07:04 PM

EVER.

I learned a long time ago to never say never again. Anything is possible, and I doubt Google would ignore the possibility of getting BlackBerry's user base using their store and giving them money.

Posted via CB10
    Icarus3000 likes this.
    12-15-13 07:08 PM

EVER.

you do know what you're saying here right?.....

Anyone care to show me to the way to the magical land of unicorns and all things good to smoke?

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    12-15-13 07:10 PM
    Amazon also recognises BB10 as Android because of the hack to have the Android runtime not because of some non-existent business deal between BlackBerry and Google which would p!ss off the OHA members.

Also, BlackBerry own some of the Nortel patents (along with MS and others) and are suing Google for patent infringement.
    You use the term "hack" very wrecklessly. Afraid of something? Why does BlackBerry cause you such consternation?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 07:14 PM
    you do know what you're saying here right?.....

Anyone care to show me to the way to the magical land of unicorns and all things good to smoke?

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/eWM2joNb9NE?autoplay=1

Enjoy (and good luck getting that song out of your head)

Posted via CB10
    A major hint perhaps, is the fact that BlackBerry have publicly said that they will support Google MapView v2. It is known that MapView v2 requires Google Play Services. So the question is: How can they publicy state they will support an API that requires GPS and at the same time say that they will NOT support GPS???

Alec Saunder's won't explain how this will work:

Also, I asked Justin Jassman of BlackBerry during the Android seminar last week, and his reponse was as follows:

Why the secrecy over this implementation detail? One would think that either: (a) it's a propeprietary implementation that will never be released, or (b) it is something that can be freely discussed (at least on a high level). Why would it be something that needs to have a special time and place to officially "be released"?

Also, I can't imagine (as lawguy points out) that BlackBerry would release a commercial product that uses some "grey area" workaround to link into GPS...

N4BB posted on this a while ago:

Another interesting article (the topic of which was discovered by a Crackberrian and mentioned many times by many posters here):
    Sounds to me that BlackBerry don't want Google finding out they're going to use another hack to get MapView v2 and Google Play Services in BB10.
    You use the term "hack" very wrecklessly. Afraid of something? Why does BlackBerry cause you such consternation?

Posted via CB10
    I use the term "hack" in the old-school sense.

BlackBerry don't cause me any consternation; I just hope they sleep well at night. I know Google do.
    12-15-13 07:16 PM
    Google has a very strict and comprehensive set of requirements that must be met before any manufacturer is allowed access to Google Play Services. In order for BB phones to meet all those requirements, they would end up being pretty much... Android phones. Highly doubt this is going to happen.

Highly suggested reading:

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/...rip-on-android
    I pointed that out in another forum and was accused of being a troll.

It's true that Google are ceasing development of the open-source parts of Android; that's one reason we get more app updates now - less reliance on device manufacturers and carriers to push updates.

Have you read this: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11..._than_android/
    12-15-13 07:28 PM

I've got a few things to discuss with you.
    Uzi likes this.
    12-15-13 07:28 PM

EVER.

And how you imagine this? Suddenly, all android devices are updated to kitjst and all apks are rewritten?

Runtime is within devices.

Posted via Ultracool Z10 on 10.2.1.1055 leak. Iphone... save files on your iphone browser, lol
    habs_fan likes this.
    12-15-13 07:31 PM
    I use the term "hack" in the old-school sense.

BlackBerry don't cause me any consternation; I just hope they sleep well at night. I know Google do.
    Google do? How so? When they knowingly allow devices that run their older version of software to do the same thing blackberry is doing. Are these phones also not using "hacks" to gain access to apk's which weren't meant to be on the devices they are being ran on. Not to mention the malware apps they knowingly circulate to their consumers. And lack of security provided to the consumers. They sleep well because they make money which is what it's all about. And honestly there's nothing you can do or say on this forum that will "scare" us. Because the reality is we only need the Google play store for a period of time anyway. Just long enough to steal away market share and pull devs to produce native apps or port theirs over.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 07:33 PM
    Considering the Android runtime (not the full Android OS) is only available in BB10 cos it's a brute force hack

How exactly is including code from the AOSP in BB10 a "brute force hack"? Please explain, and please be precise.

Also, please explain how Google will "break" this so-called "hack" without also breaking the millions of other Android handsets (including millions of handsets from OHA members) that also use code from the AOSP. Again, be precise.

Posted via CB10
    ray689, pili4, ital1 and 4 others like this.
    12-15-13 07:41 PM

EVER.

So how long have you been working for Google?

Posted via Q10 running 10.2.1.1055 bbm channel C0037DB1A
    habs_fan, ray689, JoBudden and 2 others like this.
    12-15-13 07:44 PM
    I want to point out that I have NO expectation for BlackBerry to reveal any info that would lose it competitive advantage, or that was infeasible to release. Not sure how you gleaned that from what I said.

I was simply saying that the fact that they aren't releasing this info indicates it is something important (since if it wasn't, there would be no reason for them not to release it). That's all.

No one is expecting BlackBerry to release important info prematurely. HOWEVER, we can infer that certain information may be important (e.g.: info that may compromise competitive advantage for example, like possible GPS integration) by virtue of the fact that they DON'T release it.

Unfortunately, my Dad's Galaxy Nexus (which has even slower hardware than my Z10), runs much better than my Z10 on apps such as GMaps 7.3, Flipboard, SoundCloud, and Instagram in terms of smoothness and responsiveness.

The Z10 hardware is considered a full generation ahead of the Galaxy Nexus hardware, yet it can't compete with it IMO.

Also, I disagree that it is technically impossible for the Android runtime to run at almost "native Android phone" speeds. QNX and Android are both Unix based, so many Android services have direct "1 to 1" equivalents in QNX (for example, Android and QNX have many of the same POSIX functions, even though Android is not 100% POSIX compliant). They do not recode these equivalent services again for Android, they use the existing QNX services natively.

I don't expect BETTER performance (even though there are a number of Android apps that do actually perform better on the Z10 than the Galaxy S3 which has the same SOC as the Z10).

However, I do expect more competitive Android performance than we currently have, and I'm confident BlackBerry has the technical talent to meet this expectation.

Posted via CB10
    QNX and Android are not both Unix based!!

Android is an operating system []based on the Linux kernel[/b], and designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices.
    QNX is a commercial Unix-like real-time operating system, aimed primarily at the embedded systems market.

GNU/Linux is not officially certified as POSIX compatible but does comply in part.
    endevour likes this.
    12-15-13 07:47 PM
761 ... 1112131415 ...