09-29-14 12:44 AM
761 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    I see a lot of words. I am afraid the subject of said words might actually poison and corrupt the BlackBerry ecosystem. to those demanding this, be careful what you wish for. I'd hate for the company to fight so long and hard to succeed only to have the final death knell be delivered by the goo gles. that would be sad. there's a new feature, it's called Balance. I hope they can incorporate this concept without totally selling out. fwiw.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 05:09 AM
    I see a lot of words. I am afraid the subject of said words might actually poison and corrupt the BlackBerry ecosystem. to those demanding this, be careful what you wish for. I'd hate for the company to fight so long and hard to succeed only to have the final death knell be delivered by the goo gles. that would be sad. there's a new feature, it's called Balance. I hope they can incorporate this concept without totally selling out. fwiw.

Posted via CB10
    This has been in the back of my mind but we will have to wait and see how the agreement between Google and BlackBerry is worded (if it actually materialize, let me add beforehand - still is just a speculation) before we can make that assessment. Then there is the (not so small) matter of BB holding certain search related patents as part of a bigger alliance, if you know what I mean.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-14-13 06:09 AM
    Good to see you around again. I know we've had our differences in the past, but I appreciate the dialogue.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1829
    You're a good man. No problems here.
    12-14-13 06:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think most of us here want to see that. I'm happy using BlackBerry 10 - keyboard, hub, peek, the works. Adding Google Play hopefully will give BlackBerry a boost and enterprise the confidence to adopt the platform instead of sitting on the fence waiting. In a perfect world, BB10 would have its own rich ecosystem but its still growing and I think including the Android VM was necessary, and a smart move on their part. It's a concern that developers of native apps may dwindle as a result of this deal, but a stable BlackBerry can address that much better in the future (if that turns out to be the case).

In the meantime, I can tell friends that are considering a new phone that BB10 will not be missing any of their favourite apps. I have one friend who got a Z10 back in April and had to swap it out for an SIII because he couldn't use Q-See QT to monitor his business. He contacted the developer and wanted to stay with BlackBerry 10 because he loved the phone otherwise. The next time we're together I can load up Q-See on my phone and show him how easy it is to get it to work. Knowing him, he'll switch back in short order (though he'll probably go with a Z30).
    Uzi and dragon1234 like this.
    12-14-13 06:50 AM
    Just logged in my account to check my list of android devices.. the Blackberry Z10 is at the top of the list. This is probably because of the "Snap" Google Play app for bbos10 and the signing in. Could mean a lot or a little.

Attachment 229367
    And this is my screen shot. [Speculation] Google play in 10.2.1.14XX-untitled.png
    12-14-13 06:57 AM
    Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1829
    Um . . . Hoping to go under the radar with this one, eh?
    12-14-13 07:07 AM
    Carriers do have builds, and Google play is coming (pre-loaded) is what I've been told, and then when ofutur posted what he did, it pretty much confirmed what I've been told

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    That would be so nice if you guys are right.

Simply enjoying my Z30 - - - - Channel # C000E218D
    12-14-13 08:01 AM
    Um . . . Hoping to go under the radar with this one, eh?

If he meant to go "under the radar" he wouldn't have put that there.
    SteelGreek likes this.
    12-14-13 09:20 AM
    Still mum's the word!!!!

Z10 running 10.2.1.1811

Posted via CB10
    I bet you are dying inside of you to talk. PM me and I promise to keep it a secret between us. Lol

Simply enjoying my Z30 - - - - Channel # C000E218D
    m1kr0 likes this.
    12-14-13 09:33 AM
    The OHA and the access to GAPPS is used by google as a stick to control what OEMs do - to allow BBRY access to google play without ensuring the same level of control they have over other OEMS would be very odd, even odder when you consider that BBRY is on its knees and has no leverage in any negotiations.
    BlackBerry still has some leverage. They have what Google wants, another source of revenue. Be it 50 million users or more it's still profit regardless of how you look at it. And Google is all about money.

Sent from my mind controlled Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.1829 Get off my nuts
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-14-13 09:39 AM
    BlackBerry still has some leverage. They have what Google wants, another source of revenue. Be it 50 million users or more it's still profit regardless of how you look at it. And Google is all about money.

And what's that consortium (aka patent troll) that BlackBerry is a part off? Does it also have something to do with that?

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 10:02 AM
    Well before everyone starts jumping on you guys to try and get the release you have, thought I'd say thanks for the work you put in before and I hope that things have calmed down for you both. You guys brought quite a bit of excitement to the forums. Glad you have chosen to stick around.

The compatibility question is a good one. And perhaps it reveals a few things? I ran into an issue just yesterday looking for an app that, turns out, is not compatible with my T-Mobile Z10. Hmm.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1829

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 10:07 AM
    Hmmm

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1829
    12-14-13 10:45 AM
    What about a BlackBerry Play ?
    Just another source, trusted with tested APKs ...

oh, I did it again ...
    That would be so sweet

Kind of like a amazon app store but for BlackBerry.

Many people are wondering the security factor and this most definitely would make it secure and official at all the same time

I'm going to put this in the new beta zone app for requests :P

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and R Field like this.
    12-14-13 10:55 AM
    Hmmm

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1829
    Well since we all know you have no sources could you not put that as your tag line and stop disturbing ****. We get it, you don't like how they ran things. Many of us did like how they did things. Move on already.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan, yohannyphm and eldricho like this.
    12-14-13 10:56 AM
    Well since we all know you have no sources could you not put that as your tag line and stop disturbing ****. We get it, you don't like how they ran things. Many of us did like how they did things. Move on already.

Posted via CB10
    Lol.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1829
    12-14-13 10:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    He's not going to move on lol, he has a vendetta against anyone on the old Berryleaks team

His thing is to go into threads where they posted and derail then until warnings get issued or thread gets locked

Posted via CB10
    PlayBookUserMT and khehl like this.
    12-14-13 10:57 AM
    He's not going to move on lol, he has a vendetta against anyone on the old Berryleaks team

His thing is to go into threads where they posted and derail then until warnings get issued or thread gets locked

Posted via CB10
    LOL even more funny.

CB10
    khehl likes this.
    12-14-13 11:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    I know, I've started getting into the habit of alerting mods when I come across it. It's at the point of being spam.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan, khehl and HotFix like this.
    12-14-13 11:01 AM
    I know, I've started getting into the habit of alerting mods when I come across it. It's at the point of being spam.

Posted via CB10
    I've alerted them now for both of you personally attacking me just for having changed my signature thank you.

Grow up fellas

CB10
    12-14-13 11:03 AM
    I've alerted them now for both of you personally attacking me just for having changed my signature thank you.

Grow up fellas

CB10
    I'd be up for them deleting the last 5 or 6 posts, that's fine by me. This conversation doesn't need to continue any further. The rest of us can get back on topic.

Posted via CB10
    JoBudden, habs_fan and eldricho like this.
    12-14-13 11:07 AM
    I'd be up for them deleting the last 5 or 6 posts, that's fine by me. This conversation doesn't need to continue any further. The rest of us can get back on topic.

Posted via CB10
    Being a usually quiet member of the forums who does a lot of reading, I have but one suggestion:

Don't feed the monkeys.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 11:44 AM
    I agree. Right now I'm using 10.2.1.1055 and android apps run great (most) but yes startup performance needs to be seriously looked into. That along with proper integration like push notifications and social networking, for example Facebook will connect with candycrush no problem but not with other apps. As for design I'm happy with blackberrys look atm but in terms of specs they need to not only match android but set the bar even higher.

If blackberry just allows Google play without any of the things mentioned above, it will be counterproductive in my eyes.

Posted via CB10 on my awesome new Z30!
    I don't think you understand the meaning of counterproductive. Something is counterproductive only if it works against you or forces you to be in a worse position than before you did that something. Having access to the entire Google Play library of apps can't possibly be counterproductive.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-14-13 11:56 AM
    Being a usually quiet member of the forums who does a lot of reading, I have but one suggestion:

Don't feed the monkeys.

Posted via CB10
    Seems he would be the monkey and I was doing the feeding? Just a suggestion. Considering 90% of my comments have been about more community involvement. 10% about my hate for 1 member of the team. And the fact that I'm the one who got jumped on?

Man people are way to sensitive.

CB10
    12-14-13 11:58 AM
    Seems he would be the monkey and I was doing the feeding? Just a suggestion. Considering 90% of my comments have been about more community involvement. 10% about my hate for 1 member of the team. And the fact that I'm the one who got jumped on?

Man people are way to sensitive.

CB10
    Nick...we get it man. You made your points loud and clear in many many threads. How long is it gonna take to let it go?
    You got what you wanted. There is no longer a team and for that matter...leaks so far. Time to move on and stop bringing it up when people are having a good discussion about something that could potentially be a boost to BlackBerry. Noone cares anymore about your dislike for how the team did things or for a member or whatever.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 12:20 PM
761 ... 89101112 ...