11-06-17 12:11 PM
206 ... 56789
tools
    I've just tried other versions again and it seems that only the versions with "Are you making a hybrid autoloader?" have the problem. For trying I pressed "No" instead of "Yes" and it also closes immediately after selecting the device.

09-09-15 07:39 AM
    I've just tried other versions again and it seems that only the versions with "Are you making a hybrid autoloader?" have the problem. For trying I pressed "No" instead of "Yes" and it also closes immediately after selecting the device.

Running through a command prompt should capture the output after the program exits.

Depending on if you went through pip or not:
    Code:
    (bb-)lazyloader -g
    Run that, see if the error comes up, post it if it does.
    muindor likes this.
    09-09-15 01:13 PM
    Running through a command prompt should capture the output after the program exits.

Depending on if you went through pip or not:
    Code:
    (bb-)lazyloader -g
    Run that, see if the error comes up, post it if it does.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\thurask\Anaconda3\envs\venv\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", line 27, in <module>
    File "lazyloader.py", line 459, in <module>
    File "lazyloader.py", line 248, in grab_args
    File "lazyloader.py", line 105, in start_gui
    File "lazyloader.py", line 367, in lazyloader_main
    File "C:\Users\thurask\git\bbarchivist\bbarchivist\scri ptutils.py", line 59, in return_sw_checked
    UnboundLocalError: local variable 'swchecked' referenced before assignment
    09-09-15 02:25 PM
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\thurask\Anaconda3\envs\venv\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", line 27, in <module>
    File "lazyloader.py", line 459, in <module>
    File "lazyloader.py", line 248, in grab_args
    File "lazyloader.py", line 105, in start_gui
    File "lazyloader.py", line 367, in lazyloader_main
    File "C:\Users\thurask\git\bbarchivist\bbarchivist\scri ptutils.py", line 59, in return_sw_checked
    UnboundLocalError: local variable 'swchecked' referenced before assignment
    Okay, try this. Frozen, latest git:
    https://mega.nz/#!rIlW2bAA!86Ai0JK6o...iTyrau6tSNYlQI
    muindor likes this.
    09-09-15 03:59 PM
    Okay its not closing anymore and its now downloading. It didnt find the .799 Radio though...

Some autoloader tools-cb1.png
    Some autoloader tools-cb2.png

will report when it's done downloading. Thank you for your amazing support with this.
    09-09-15 04:40 PM
    You didn't seem to specify 799 radio?

The radio version box guesses OS+1 if you hit cancel.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 04:42 PM
    You didn't seem to specify 799 radio?

The radio version box guesses OS+1 if you hit cancel.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm I can't follow your thought on this, I'm sorry for that.

The window asks me for the SW Version of the OS with the wanted Radio which in this case is 10.3.2.516 so I typed it in.

Then I had to manually type in the 10.3.2.799 Radio version. Or did I understand it wrong?

Edit: Oh wait, instead of 10.3.2.2640 I should have put 10.3.2.799!!

Oopsy, that's embarrassing!!

09-09-15 04:52 PM
    It works amazing now, the Autoloader is now ready and even the name gives you everything you need. This is truly a Lazyloader!!

Thank you so much, not only for the amazing work but especially for the support.

Just wow!

thurask likes this.
    09-09-15 05:09 PM
    It works amazing now, the Autoloader is now ready and even the name gives you everything you need. This is truly a Lazyloader!!

Thank you so much, not only for the amazing work but especially for the support.

Just wow!

Great to hear.

A few more tweaks to input, and 2.1.3 will be live soon.
    muindor and tollfeeder like this.
    09-09-15 05:28 PM
    2.1.3 on Pypi/GitHub.
    • Lazyloader should finally work now, again
    • Lazyloader and archivist can now guess radio software release (lookup radio -1)
    09-09-15 05:54 PM
    2.1.3 on Pypi/GitHub.
    • Lazyloader should finally work now, again
    • Lazyloader and archivist can now guess radio software release (lookup radio -1)
    Thank you!!

May I ask one more (maybe silly) question. I'm currently on OS 10.3.2.798, and BlackBerry Protect is enabled of course. I jumped on this OS directly from 10.3.1.

Do I have to turn BlackBerry Protect off before running an Autoloader now?

09-10-15 09:03 AM
    Thank you!!

May I ask one more (maybe silly) question. I'm currently on OS 10.3.2.798, and BlackBerry Protect is enabled of course. I jumped on this OS directly from 10.3.1.

Do I have to turn BlackBerry Protect off before running an Autoloader now?

No. You will be asked for your BBID after you run the autoloader, and I assume you know it.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    muindor and RashKoms77 like this.
    09-10-15 09:24 AM
    2.2.0 on Pypi/GitHub.
    • Autolookup now has the -e/--email command to email valid links

How that works, is that the command queries the local SQL database; if a link is valid and not in the database, it will email it to you.
    Since the script has a email option and a ceiling option, it is possible for one to keep scanning the same narrow band of OS versions and be notified automatically *cough*cron*cough*.

To get email working, you must set up (home folder)\bbarchivist.ini with a section like this:

[email]
    server = <SMTP server>
    port = <SMTP port>
    is_ssl = <'yes' to use SSL, 'no' to use TLS, no quotes on either>
    username = <email address>
    password = <if empty, script asks for password each time>

Protip: if you want to stick a GMail address in there, you'll have to fiddle with your security settings/use a custom app password.
    09-15-15 01:33 AM
    It all works so flawlessly. Lazyloader especially. This should go into the stickies!
    09-21-15 04:35 PM
    Thanks. Much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 04:54 PM
    2.2.1 on Pypi/GitHub.
    • Now licensed under WTFPL
    • Fix breaking autoloaders, hopefully for real this time
    • Fix config files deleting themselves
    • PTCRB entry detection is improved
    • Email config loading improved for Autolookup
    • SQLexport can now pop software/OS pairs from the SQL database
    • Autolookup's SQL function now has availability and first-seen (to you) date fields
    • All valid software releases now added to SQL db, not just existing ones
    • A crapton of unit tests (65% to 90% coverage)
    10-03-15 01:38 AM
    2.2.2 on Pypi/GitHub.
    • SQL availability less buggy
    • Lazyloader, archivist now have -c option to make core/radio loaders instead of debrick/radio loaders
    • (Windows only) Lazyloader, archivist can now test autoloaders after creation (run fileinfo, see if the file breaks or not)
    • PTCRB lookup can now return Priv OSes
    • Some bug fixes
    10-24-15 10:55 PM
    2.3.0 on Pypi/GitHub.
    • New kernel checker script for Priv kernel builds on BlackBerry's GitHub
    • CFP is now included (plus a script to interface with it)
    • Archivist, kernel checker, software release lookup, certification checker, carrier checker, escreens code generator and bar URL generator now available as EXEs
    • A lot of internal refactoring
    • Some bug fixes
    12-18-15 05:40 PM
    Hello Thurask! Long time lurker here (but strong participant elsewhere, as well as BB Elite Support Channel). I truly admire your dedication you show to the community by building such tools for others to utilize.

I've been trying this out (2.3.0), both for learning/fun as well as potential use to support others. I've got LazyLoader working fine via the EXE on my Win 10 system, but no matter what I do I cannot get archivist.exe to succeed. The result I get is this:

Some autoloader tools-capture.png

I have tried both with Python installed and not, but always via the EXE (haven't quite figured out how to navigate into and within PIP). I have also tried with a variety of inputs to the response requests...including entering only the OS and nothing else (to allow it to default for the remainders), but always this same result...

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, and TIA!
    01-04-16 04:28 PM
    Yeah, I think that one's a bug.

Will fix.

Edit: Already fixed that one, actually. Once I release 2.3.1 (soon, if not tonight) it'll work.
    Last edited by thurask; 01-04-16 at 06:37 PM.
    sdgardne likes this.
    01-04-16 06:21 PM
    2.3.1 on Pypi/GitHub.
    • Certchecker has the -f command line option: search an entire family of certifications
    • Carrierchecker has the --selective command line option: don't download Nuance/retaildemo
    • Bug fixes
    • Internal cleanup
    01-04-16 09:25 PM
    Hi again!

Thank you so much...I successfully ran archivist.exe (2.3.1) and it successfully created all of the AutoLoaders for all devices for the OS level I chose. However, it did not 7z compress them at the end. I entered only the OS version and allowed all other settings to default, which if I read the documentation correctly should have been "yes" for the "Compress Loaders" selection. During the initial stages, it indeed stated:
    • Checking presence of 7Zip
    • Checking installed files
    • 7zip using installed files
    • 7zip OK

and then it began downloading. But the final stage of execution was "Moving Loaders" and "Removing empty folders"...no hint at all of 7z compression happening, and the "Zipped" folder is indeed empty (the "Loaders" folder does properly contain all of the AutoLoader exe's).

Thank you again Thurask for all you do for the community!
    01-05-16 12:02 PM
    I entered only the OS version and allowed all other settings to default, which if I read the documentation correctly should have been "yes" for the "Compress Loaders" selection.
    I assume this means you hit Enter instead of typing "yes" when this popped up:

Code:
    compressed = utilities.s2b(input("COMPRESS LOADERS (Y/N)?: "))
    Converting an empty string (which is what just hitting Enter on an input prompt returns) to a boolean is False, hence why it doesn't compress.
    01-05-16 01:31 PM
    Yup...indeed I just pressed Enter at that prompt (indeed, at ALL prompts other than the OS version). But, when I read the documentation, I thought it said that this setting was True by default:
    • compressed (bool) – Whether to compress files. True by default.

I'll run another test and enter the Y for this setting and see what happens. Indeed, I'll likely toy with the various prompts to see what differences happen; I suspect that my interpretation of the defaults as documented may be reversed. I did wind up with only full AutoLoader exe's...no hash files, no radio only files, bar files not removed, nor other files that I find in your archive. Although, the results were tested by the process, which also says "True by default" in the documentation for that item; although, not being prompted, the default may well have been used for that.

Perhaps it's that we must respond to anything prompted if we want other than False, but anything not prompted will execute with the documented defaults?

It's all a matter of knowing how it works...once learned, the human can adapt adequately.

Thanks again!
    01-05-16 01:56 PM
    The questionnaire() function determines the arguments to call archivist_main() with, not the defaults themselves.

The utilities.s2b function converts a yes/no statement ("y", "yes", "true") to a boolean (True or False). As explained before, converting "" (empty string) to a bool is considered False, because it's "falsey". This might help.
    01-05-16 05:04 PM
206 ... 56789