11-06-17 12:11 PM
206 1234 ...
tools
    Well done, you've quoted that post in its entirety...

Posted via CB10
    Yes cause people do not read the first post. This way they might actually see it and read it.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2726. And loving it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-12-15 12:38 PM
    • HAPPY PIN WATERMARK ERASER
    • MAGIC DARK HUB CREATOR
    • MANDATORY "READ THE FIRST POST IN THREADS" UTILITY
    • "WHEN WILL THE NEXT LEAK BE OUT?" FORECASTING TOOL
    They've been done.
    • Sandpaper
    • Black Sharpie
    • Hammer to the knee
    • Magic 8-Ball
    04-12-15 02:23 PM
    Wow just Wow what a great tool thurask, it works like a charm and is faster than d/l most loaders,

Thanks again.
    04-12-15 02:38 PM
    Things happen when I get bored.
    Made me laugh because that's been the driving force behind much of what I've did too.

Keep getting bored and keep developing.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 02:52 PM
    Thanks Thurask.

Posted via Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.281
    04-12-15 03:04 PM
    Nice, now I need time to play with it. Thanks to work and people like Thurask I hardly get time to get bored.

Posted from the all mighty Z30 10.3.1.2726
    04-12-15 04:55 PM
    Wow! Ya never know what one Hour of Code will lead to. :--)

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.1.2582
    04-12-15 06:37 PM
    Fantastic.!!!
    Glad you guys know code.

SQW-100-3 10.3.2.281 Allergy/Pulmonary
    04-12-15 07:01 PM
    What's code for "don't quote this post in your reply"?

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    04-12-15 07:20 PM
    It is a good thing, thurask, that good things happened when you got bored . Thanks a lot!
    04-12-15 08:34 PM
    Where are these tools getting the new OS files from?

For example, in archivist, you have local location which I assume is the 40GB folder on your hard drive where all the debrick files are stored. Where/what is the remote location you are checking against?
    04-12-15 08:51 PM

For example, in archivist, you have local location which I assume is the 40GB folder on your hard drive where all the debrick files are stored. Where/what is the remote location you are checking against?
    I believe its the BB servers
    04-12-15 08:53 PM

Bar files are downloaded from BlackBerry servers.

Update checking is through GitHub.
    04-12-15 08:55 PM
    Also, could you add a license section to your github stating whether this is GNU license or we gotta pay you royalties...
    04-12-15 08:56 PM
    Bar files are downloaded from BlackBerry servers.

Update checking is through GitHub.
    So if the bar files are downloaded from BlackBerry servers, does that mean that only official OS's will show up?

It's my understanding that leaks wouldn't show up on BlackBerry servers unless you're on their beta program. (or is my understanding of how leaks get published wrong?)
    04-12-15 09:00 PM
    Also, could you add a license section to your github stating whether this is GNU license or we gotta pay you royalties...
    Done.
    04-12-15 09:00 PM
    Done.

Good i am not paying you for anything, your not old enough. lol
    04-12-15 09:02 PM
    So if the bar files are downloaded from BlackBerry servers, does that mean that only official OS's will show up?

It's my understanding that leaks wouldn't show up on BlackBerry servers unless you're on their beta program. (or is my understanding of how leaks get published wrong?)
    Only official, public, pushed to some carrier somewhere OSs are available. Software for beta testers is behind a forest of inaccessible permissions.
    04-12-15 09:02 PM
    Thanks for the tools.

But if I had known you were bored, you could have done my federal taxes!
    04-12-15 09:24 PM
    Only official, public, pushed to some carrier somewhere OSs are available. Software for beta testers is behind a forest of inaccessible permissions.
    So, food for thought...
    If we kept all the debrick + core + radio files in one location, we could check against that as-opposed-to / in-addition-to checking against BlackBerry Servers.

Now that I think about that, there used to be a spreadsheet of all OS's that got made into bitcasa folder.
    Now that I think about that, it was at https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...3dTocYhTwQn6io.
    Now that I think about that, it was created by you :P

I know this might be asking too much, but hypothetically, if you had same/similar bitcasa folder for bar files where you can upload the leaks as well as the official OS's, we could query Archivist against that, in addition to BlackBerry Servers.

Possible drawbacks would include:
    1) only you would be able to add files to this bitcasa folder
    2) bitcasa folder would be only as up-to-date as you have time to upload
    3) you might not be able to / willing to upload leaked bars due to moral and or legal reasons
    4) you don't have time to code it up / time to upload all previous bars
    5) not sure how/if you pay for bitcasa storage. It might be expensive to host there

Possible solutions to possible drawbacks:
    1) have a designated group of trusted "contributor" users that you know would upload only non-malicious files
    2) with possible solution #1, hopefully one of the contributor users would be able to upload the files as soon as they drop
    3) we're SOL here, and this whole post about hypothetical solution is moot
    4) I'd gladly help out with coding / and also help out with uploading. In addition, you could potentially only upload files starting with 10.3.1.1000 and have this archive be "from here on out into the future"
    5) possibly move to server somewhere else or we could chip in to purchase more storage on bitcasa

I am an IT consultant by profession and so it's in my nature to not bring up issues or challenges (they're not problems, nothing is a problem given enough time and money) unless I have some possible solutions on how to fix / improve them
    04-12-15 09:30 PM
    So, food for thought...
    If we kept all the debrick + core + radio files in one location, we could check against that as-opposed-to / in-addition-to checking against BlackBerry Servers.

Now that I think about that, there used to be a spreadsheet of all OS's that got made into bitcasa folder.
    Now that I think about that, it was at https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...3dTocYhTwQn6io.
    Now that I think about that, it was created by you :P

I know this might be asking too much, but hypothetically, if you had same/similar bitcasa folder for bar files where you can upload the leaks as well as the official OS's, we could query Archivist against that, in addition to BlackBerry Servers.

Possible drawbacks would include:
    1) only you would be able to add files to this bitcasa folder
    2) bitcasa folder would be only as up-to-date as you have time to upload
    3) you might not be able to / willing to upload leaked bars due to moral and or legal reasons
    4) you don't have time to code it up / time to upload all previous bars
    5) not sure how/if you pay for bitcasa storage. It might be expensive to host there

Possible solutions to possible drawbacks:
    1) have a designated group of trusted "contributor" users that you know would upload only non-malicious files
    2) with possible solution #1, hopefully one of the contributor users would be able to upload the files as soon as they drop
    3) we're SOL here, and this whole post about hypothetical solution is moot
    4) I'd gladly help out with coding / and also help out with uploading. In addition, you could potentially only upload files starting with 10.3.1.1000 and have this archive be "from here on out into the future"
    5) possibly move to server somewhere else or we could chip in to purchase more storage on bitcasa

I am an IT consultant by profession and so it's in my nature to not bring up issues or challenges (they're not problems, nothing is a problem given enough time and money) unless I have some possible solutions on how to fix / improve them

Like this,

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rchive-943672/
    04-12-15 09:34 PM
    that's exactly what I was referring to. Notice the same https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...3dTocYhTwQn6io url.
    the https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...3dTocYhTwQn6io url currently only contains autoloaders I believe. With what I'm proposing, we'd be storing debrick .bars so that you can run archivist to download newest leaked debrick + radio, and subsequently run lazyloader against freshly downloaded files from archivist.
    04-12-15 09:39 PM
    that's exactly what I was referring to. Notice the same https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...3dTocYhTwQn6io url.
    the https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...3dTocYhTwQn6io url currently only contains autoloaders I believe. With what I'm proposing, we'd be storing debrick .bars so that you can run archivist to download newest leaked debrick + radio, and subsequently run lazyloader against freshly downloaded files from archivist.
    There is a few members that do that already, they usually post the differences pretty quick after the leak goes live.
    04-12-15 09:41 PM
    @Thurask

On an unrelated note, have you heard about / are you using sublime text to write your code?

if not, I'd highly recommend checking it out. Ever since my friend told me about it 2 years ago, I embraced it, and now, I just can't go back to anything else.

Sublime Text: The text editor you'll fall in love with
    Last edited by allbetsareoff29; 04-12-15 at 09:43 PM. Reason: typos
    04-12-15 09:42 PM
    There is a few members that do that already, they usually post the differences pretty quick after the leak goes live.
    yea but I'm not interested in differences. I want the whole debrick to be uploaded to one common location.
    Currently, whoever comes up with the leak bar files, makes his own mega/bitcasa links.
    What I'm proposing is having them all stored in one location so that I don't have to search forums / hunt down old threads for debrick files. This way, Archivist would have 1 central location to ping for "updates". Otherwise, archivist wouldn't know where to get the leaks from as they are posted all over the place. What I'm suggesting is one centralized repository.
    04-12-15 09:46 PM
206 1234 ...