06-23-15 06:35 PM
45 12
tools
    Long press a link -> Open in -> select browser (check as default if desired).

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    I'm sorry but I've tried several different links and none of them open in the hub. They all go to the browser and I dont have the issue you have. I'm testing on my Z10. Maybe it's a Passport issue? I'm really curious about this problem. Can you post a video of it?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 02:57 PM
    I'm sorry but I've tried several different links and none of them open in the hub. They all go to the browser and I dont have the issue you have. I'm testing on my Z10. Maybe it's a Passport issue? I'm really curious about this problem. Can you post a video of it?

Posted via CB10
    This video quality is not good, but shows the issue. I select a message from BlackBerry World and then select a hyperlink called Legal. The legal page is opened. I slide it back and forth right and left. Then I let it slide full right and am back to the message from BlackBerry World open within the Hub. This example is not too annoying, but whenever you have traversed many hyperlinks chasing information, it is very annoying. Hope this helps. Thanks

PS I wasn't able to figure out how to attach a video. The CB app does not see the mp4 file. I tried though.

06-21-15 04:03 PM
    This video quality is not good, but shows the issue. I select a message from BlackBerry World and then select a hyperlink called Legal. The legal page is opened. I slide it back and forth right and left. Then I let it slide full right and am back to the message from BlackBerry World open within the Hub. This example is not too annoying, but whenever you have traversed many hyperlinks chasing information, it is very annoying. Hope this helps. Thanks

PS I wasn't able to figure out how to attach a video. The CB app does not see the mp4 file. I tried though.

I have observed I experience this issue on the Z10 and Passport. However, the Classic does not have the issue.

06-21-15 04:05 PM
    dont worry, soon you will be able to use google chrome natively
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    06-22-15 06:35 AM
    What does 'slide right' mean?

*scrolling* the webpage right , or sliding the browser tab pane right (in order to switch it).

Not experiencing issues with either, but figured you should clarify if you want BlackBerry to fix it.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 07:02 AM
    Dear OP,

you are using third party browser apps like Hub Browser. Which is not a stock BlackBerry app.
    The stock BlackBerry browser does not offer the option to open things in Card view (which is what you describe). I repeat, the Built-in Browser can NOT open stuff in the Hub in the way you are describing. In fact this might be exactly one of the reasons BlackBerry did not include this in their Browser...

So unfortunately this is a complete non-issue as far as BlackBerry is concerned.

Contacting the devs for the apps you try and ask them for a change in behaviour is your best course of action.

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    06-22-15 07:08 AM
    Sounds like you have installed Hub Browser which is a third party application.

You can turn off "Peek" from within Hub Browser by opening a link from the Hub like you have been. Then click the overflow button and go to Settings. Toggle the Peek option to off.

You should no longer have this issue.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque and Elite1 like this.
    06-22-15 07:19 AM
    Come on man... you are using an app that opens links in the hub.... this is not a OS issue.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-22-15 07:28 AM
    Oh damn... I didn't even realize OP was talking about the third party app.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 07:56 AM
    Oh damn... I didn't even realize OP was talking about the third party app.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure the OP knows that.

Posted via CB10
    Legal Eagle and ankitchahal like this.
    06-22-15 09:15 AM
    ... and I was desperately trying to figure out how OP could do that ...
    lol
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    06-22-15 12:07 PM
    The app Hub Browser was my guess too, but I see a couple people beat me to it.

@OP:
    If you are 100% certain you are leaving the Hub and opening the native/stock BB10 Browser app, please answer:

1. When you tap a link in Hub, do you see the animation of Home Screen sliding over first, then Browser opening?
    2. Is your Desktop Mode enabled in Browser?
    3. What do you have selected for "On startup show:" in
      Browser/Browser Settings/Displays and Actions ?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-22-15 12:49 PM
    Thread title edited to be more clear.

We can edit it again as needed, depending on OP's replies.
    06-22-15 12:59 PM
    I have tested with multiple browsers declared as default for Hub links. All behave the same way. It's an OS Issue! Thanks

No. This is how the OS is. There is nothing for BlackBerry to fix. The whole OS is dependent on this swiping feature. This is most likely the reason why BlackBerry's original browser doesn't open in the hub. That's your solution, use the stock browser.

Otherwise email the developer of the browser app you're using and ask him to code it to work differently. They can do that.
    06-22-15 02:45 PM
    The app Hub Browser was my guess too, but I see a couple people beat me to it.

@OP:
    If you are 100% certain you are leaving the Hub and opening the native/stock BB10 Browser app, please answer:

1. When you tap a link in Hub, do you see the animation of Home Screen sliding over first, then Browser opening?
    2. Is your Desktop Mode enabled in Browser?
    3. What do you have selected for "On startup show:" in
      Browser/Browser Settings/Displays and Actions ?
    Wow! I am a little red faced! I thought I had the same experience with all the browsers I have tested, but it appears to be associated only with Hub Browser. My apologies to all who spent anytime with this OP and my appreciations for the ideas. I guess this may have been why I had uninstalled that app a long time ago. Again my sincere apologies. Kindly remove this thread. thanks
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-22-15 03:31 PM
    ... and I was desperately trying to figure out how OP could do that ...
    lol
    I've been busting my brain trying to figure out how he opened a link in the hub. I tried all kinds of emails, links, long presses. You name it. Lol

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 04:08 PM
    Yes, I strike this issue all the time. If I am in an app, whatever that may be, a message comes in, I go to hub and read it then delete it and quickly swipe back to home screen or back to app, it will immediately go back to hub. I also noticed sometimes when I delete the message,it comes back for a second or two then will delete. I think that it is during this process If I try to get out of hub it will go back. But if I wait a couple of seconds until the the message is deleted then go out of hub, all is good.

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    06-22-15 04:33 PM
    Wow! I am a little red faced! I thought I had the same experience with all the browsers I have tested, but it appears to be associated only with Hub Browser. My apologies to all who spent anytime with this OP and my appreciations for the ideas. I guess this may have been why I had uninstalled that app a long time ago. Again my sincere apologies. Kindly remove this thread. thanks
    We all get caught at least once, no biggie and thanks for coming back to avoid further investigations. Apologies fully accepted, as far as I'm concerned!

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 04:55 PM
    I can't believe you've been using the hub browser app for full on browsing. I almost feel bad, that must have been an awful experience
    06-22-15 07:10 PM
    No problem! The great thing about BB10 is how much stuff you can have going on at the same time. And then sometimes... you might lose track.

Anyway, glad we helped you figure it out!
    Closing thread as per your request.
    06-23-15 06:35 PM
45 12