06-23-15 07:35 PM
45 12
tools
    I have tried to expose this issue to BlackBerry multiple ways over many months. Nothing has happened. The issue occurs whenever you are using the browser from the hub. Have you ever wanted to see something that is located on the left side of the browser page and as you start to slide the page to the right the page is forced completely to the right and gone completely? It has happened to me way too many times! It is very frustrating! Usually I am multiple pages deep when it happens. There is absolutely no way I know of to easily get the page back. To get it back requires starting over! I say this is unacceptable behavior and needs priority fixing. My suggestion would be to not allow a Web page to slide at all. The browser provides a back arrow or the signature swipe up and to the right to go back a page and page forward via the overflow. If you want to return to the hub, then use the back arrow or swipe. Okay, I want to know if others have been thrashed by this particular browser behavior and not happy about it.

If you want to test, then select a link from anything in the hub. If the Web page that opens does not move at all to the right, then select another link from the Web page. Continue this process until a page is opened that will slide to the right. Slide it far enough and it is taken away from you and forced completely to the right and lost. No way to recover, except starting over from beginning.

P.S. I have experienced this issue on the Z10 and Passport. However, the Classic does not have this issue.

Please chime in and share your thoughts. Thanks

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    Last edited by Observer2; 06-22-15 at 04:23 PM.
    06-20-15 03:00 PM
    Might be a underlying issue with the webkit, never actually experienced this one myself though
    06-20-15 03:02 PM
    Perhaps try to do it on purpose and imagine being many pages deep.

06-20-15 03:07 PM
    I tried but I cant reproduce the issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 03:15 PM
    I have updated the OP. This issue only happens when selecting a link from something received in the hub.

06-20-15 03:17 PM
    I've had this happen to me too. Quite frustrating!!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 03:32 PM
    I have the same issue too

Posted via my Q10
    06-20-15 03:34 PM
    I tried but I cant reproduce the issue.

Posted via CB10
    The OP has been updated. This issue is related to browser access via the hub. Thanks

06-20-15 04:26 PM
    Might be a underlying issue with the webkit, never actually experienced this one myself though
    Kindly reread the OP. Thanks

06-20-15 04:27 PM
    The only real way to get their attention is to use the JIRA tracker and upload a video for them, then hope for the best.

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 04:34 PM

Have you ever wanted to see something that is located on the left side of the browser page and as you start to slide the page to the right the page is forced completely to the right and gone completely?

I have no idea what you mean. You might want to break your statement into formatted paragraphs and give a basic step by step example.

This sounds like a website css issue unrelated to BlackBerry.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    Superfly_FR and BCITMike like this.
    06-20-15 05:00 PM
    The only real way to get their attention is to use the JIRA tracker and upload a video for them, then hope for the best.

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Posted via CB10
    Done.

BlackBerry 10 BBTEN-3151
    Browser via Hub Has a Frustrating Issue

Thank you for the link!

KermEd likes this.
    06-20-15 05:22 PM
    I don't understand the issue either. I read the OP, but what is described does not happen to me.

You keep mentioning the browser "in" the Hub. But I don't get that. I'm on a Z10 running 10.3.2.2204.

When I click on a link from an email in the Hub, the Hub goes away, and the browser is pulled up after the screen goes to the home screen. I can zoom in, pan around, flick to either side of the page - like, a really good flick, and it just bounces the edge of the page back in place, but never goes anywhere. Even several pages in.

It took me a while to find a full desktop site to pull up. Most sites are now formatted to adjust itself to the screen - whether mobile or not - and trying to pull or flick to one side or the other just does nothing.

The only way to get out of the browser was to do the full swipe up from the bottom bezel. To get back to the hub, I had to do the full inverted "L" gesture.

None of this has ever been any different for me in the near 2 years I've had this phone.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    06-20-15 05:30 PM
    Just an after thought, a url for an example might help a lot too.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-20-15 05:31 PM
    I have tried to expose this issue to BlackBerry multiple ways over many months. Nothing has happened. The issue occurs whenever you are using the browser from the hub. Have you ever wanted to see something that is located on the left side of the browser page and as you start to slide the page to the right the page is forced completely to the right and gone completely? It has happened to me way too many times! It is very frustrating! Usually I am multiple pages deep when it happens. There is absolutely no way I know of to easily get the page back. To get it back requires starting over! I say this is unacceptable behavior and needs priority fixing. My suggestion would be to not allow a Web page to slide at all. The browser provides a back arrow or the signature swipe up and to the right to go back a page and page forward via the overflow. If you want to return to the hub, then use the back arrow or swipe. Okay, I want to know if others have been thrashed by this particular browser behavior and not happy about it. Please chime in and share your thoughts. Thanks

It's not only there it happens. It has happened to me when watching movies streamed from my PC using the file manager app. One false move and the movie is gone.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 05:56 PM
    I don't understand the issue either. I read the OP, but what is described does not happen to me.

You keep mentioning the browser "in" the Hub. But I don't get that. I'm on a Z10 running 10.3.2.2204.

When I click on a link from an email in the Hub, the Hub goes away, and the browser is pulled up after the screen goes to the home screen. I can zoom in, pan around, flick to either side of the page - like, a really good flick, and it just bounces the edge of the page back in place, but never goes anywhere. Even several pages in.

It took me a while to find a full desktop site to pull up. Most sites are now formatted to adjust itself to the screen - whether mobile or not - and trying to pull or flick to one side or the other just does nothing.

The only way to get out of the browser was to do the full swipe up from the bottom bezel. To get back to the hub, I had to do the full inverted "L" gesture.

None of this has ever been any different for me in the near 2 years I've had this phone.

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't happen for all Web pages. If the Web page does not allow movement to the right, then click on another link within the page. Continue this process untill you have a Web page that is able to be slid to the right. When you do, you'll lose the page and go back to the Hub.

KermEd likes this.
    06-20-15 06:37 PM
    It doesn't happen for all Web pages. If the Web page does not allow movement to the right, then click on another link within the page. Continue this process untill you have a Web page that is able to be slid to the right. When you do, you'll lose the page and go back to the Hub.

I'm almost positive you're not using the BlackBerry browser. The BlackBerry browser does not open in the hub...
    06-20-15 06:41 PM
    I'm almost positive you're not using the BlackBerry browser. The BlackBerry browser does not open in the hub...
    I have tested with multiple browsers declared as default for Hub links. All behave the same way. It's an OS Issue! Thanks

06-20-15 06:46 PM
    I always use "open in" then browser for all my links even on CB10 I'm not fond of embedded browsers

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-20-15 06:53 PM
    This aspect of the flow concept annoys me no end, too, and my preferred solution would be to throw it out entirely, and give us a proper session with the Web Browser/PDF Reader/Media Player/whatever, instead of that functionally cut down "card" (e.g: want to search in your freshly downloaded pdf? -Then pass it on from the card to Adobe Reader proper, because you can't do it here), that you have to exit back out of, in order to get back to where you came from (such as the hub or web browser) -- effectively preventing you from multitasking.

It would mean you would have to close the launched application, when you're done, but surely that is preferrable to not being able to (without the extra steps of manually opening an app and browsing for whatever downloaded file we are talking about) go back and forth between, say, the form that was attached to one email, and that SMS that contains a string that you would like to paste into that form, or just keeping reading the rest of your emails, without having to wait until that 30min audio podcast, thar came with one, has played all the way through?

Instead give us a quick way to jump between running apps, without having to go through the Active Frame page - I guess the PlayBook's side edge swipes are out, but maybe a gesture that begins with the inverse of the peek "L", or something...

It sounds a bit like your particular beef is with how little sideways swiping (apparently not taking any vertical part into account), it in many places takes to invoke the gesture equivalent of the back button, which I can sympathise with: I don't know how many times I have accidently backed out of browsing a list on BlackBerry World, because my thumb described a tiny bit of a curve, whilst scrolling.
    (This is meanwhile not a problem with the photo gallery, where it on the contrary can be a bit frustrating to get away from a zoomed in picture - there it takes a good half screen width, from the edge of the picture, to move on to the next -- the problem in the gallery instead lies in the litlle delay between tapping the screen and the bottom bar appearing: it is just long enough to make you decide your tap didn't "take", causing you to tap again, immediately cancelling the bar, which finally decided to pop up, just as you tapped. This is related to the delay in the Web Broser's Open Tab list's recentering when you close a tab, which, several time a day for me, leads to accidently opening a new tab, instead of going to the top one, which I was aiming for. :P)

It also sounds like you may be suggesting a horizontal version of a matter that has irked me since "10.3.something": Does anybody else have a problem with a long page of content often deciding to suddenly rapidy scroll all the way to the top, when "holding onto" the page? Is there some feature-not-bug gesture, that I am unaware of, here, and can avoid without taking care to always lift my thumb and keep it the hell off screen and touch-sensitive keyboard after scrolling a little bit?
    06-20-15 06:59 PM
    The OP has been updated. This issue is related to browser access via the hub. Thanks

I can't get browser links to open in the hub. All my browser links open in the external browser. Can you tell me how you get the links to open in the hub?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 11:05 AM
    I can't get browser links to open in the hub. All my browser links open in the external browser. Can you tell me how you get the links to open in the hub?

Posted via CB10
    Long press a link -> Open in -> select browser (check as default if desired).

06-21-15 11:30 AM
    Long press a link -> Open in -> select browser (check as default if desired).

My only options are "private browser", "browser" and "RSS Savvy". Browser and private browser are just the external OS browser.

I still can't get what you get. No side swipe from anywhere goes completely out of the browser.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 12:49 PM
    I have the same issue...most of the time I reload in desktop mode

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 02:09 PM
    My only options are "private browser", "browser" and "RSS Savvy". Browser and private browser are just the external OS browser.

I still can't get what you get. No side swipe from anywhere goes completely out of the browser.

Posted via CB10
    If a Web page is opened that will not allow right sliding, then select another link from either the Web page or something else from the Hub. When you have a page that will slide right, then let it slide all the way. You'll then be brought back to the Hub. Typically I'll be many pages deep chasing information when this issue happens. Thanks

06-21-15 03:44 PM
45 12