08-12-15 11:53 PM
702 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Just to clear the air, I recognize that there are many people who swear that SIC is the greatest way to handle OS installs. They post all the time, and no amount of discussion or debate will change their minds. That's cool.

Personally, I totally disagree and I have my own views.....and no amount of discussion or debate will change my mind.

I don't state my opinions as any kind of personal attack - I just want to make that clear. But there are definitely two perspectives on things and both are worthy of being stated.

[/derail]
    We are not feeling attacked, it is an honest expression that we have and we think it will be good to everybody know eventhough SIC Wipe (or wipe n load) can't help OP and others who have the same issue, that SIC has Nuke (-a) and Wipe and IS using CFP for that.

We respect everyone's choice to agree or disagree with it.
    BigBadWulf and Sator like this.
    11-19-14 02:06 PM
    Hey wu-wei hope alls good in your hood, I normally sic wipe then autoload.

What would be your advise for an install?
    Autoload then security wipe or vice versa or straight autoload and run?

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    Rather than clog up this thread, which has a very specific topic, I started a new one.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-19-14 02:20 PM
    Love is in the air ;-)

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-19-14 02:31 PM
    Just to clear the air, I recognize that there are many people who swear that SIC is the greatest way to handle OS installs. They post all the time, and no amount of discussion or debate will change their minds. That's cool.

Personally, I totally disagree and I have my own views.....and no amount of discussion or debate will change my mind.
    I couldn't agree more.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-19-14 02:33 PM
    Two separate things:

The blue LED, I'm sure this will be almost impossible, but do any of you recall whether it was present from first boot out of box?
    I am going to say that yes my STL 04 which was a replacement did have the Blue LED right out of the box, which surprised me but I didnt think much of it until I started seeing threads like this one.
    11-19-14 02:36 PM
    now just cfp said, it can't recognize my device, i need to use a newer version. would somebody point me to the latest one?
    Last edited by Adam Szucs; 11-19-14 at 02:51 PM.
    11-19-14 02:40 PM
    FYI: I emailed my contact at BlackBerry on Canada (device escalation engineer). He never heard of the issue and was not aware of any blue LED startup indicator.

For those in the 10.3.1 beta program pls open a ticket with the beta team.

If someone trust me enough to send me an affected device I'll be happy to work it out with BlackBerry.
    The beta OS is however installed OTA (PIN whitelisting) so it might not trigger the issue.

I'm in Denmark so a device from EU would definitely be the easiest.

I'll return the device when the issue is identified or upon request.
    PM me if you're interested.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-19-14 02:42 PM
    now just cfp said, it can't recognize my device, i need to use a newer version. would somebody point me to the latest one?
    3.10.0.57, previously Thurask has it in his library CFP 3.10.0.57
    69goat likes this.
    11-19-14 02:53 PM
    3.10.0.57, previously Thurask has it in his library CFP 3.10.0.57
    I just find a few minutes ago 3.10.0.47, it worked, but thanks, i'll keep this as well
    11-19-14 02:55 PM
    Not exactly, the phone keeps the installed leaked OS for example going from an official 10.2.1 to anything 10.3 or 10.3.1, the 10.3 or 10.3.1 operating system will still be installed. Its anything added to that though like 3rd party apps from BBW or the Amazon store, wifi passwords, BBID log in, are all wiped upon a reboot or restart.

Like I had mentioned in my other post a few pages back, I called VZW told them dead pixel and self memory wipes were the issue. I asked about the blue LED and Tier 2 support had no answer.

I get the replacement tomorrow and will try loading 10.3.1 on it when I get home.
    Sorry. I was unclear when I wrote the post and I'm aware of the OS staying.
    As I wrote earlier: The OS stays and the user partition (Apps/Settings) reverts. It's like a "read only" partition p a "read/write" temporary layer on top that gets deleted on every boot.
    11-19-14 03:16 PM
    FYI: I emailed my contact at BlackBerry on Canada (device escalation engineer). He never heard of the issue and was not aware of any blue LED startup indicator.

For those in the 10.3.1 beta program pls open a ticket with the beta team.

If someone trust me enough to send me an affected device I'll be happy to work it out with BlackBerry.
    The beta OS is however installed OTA (PIN whitelisting) so it might not trigger the issue.

I'm in Denmark so a device from EU would definitely be the easiest.

I'll return the device when the issue is identified or upon request.
    PM me if you're interested.

Posted via CB10
    Awesomeness! There is someone who knows, a tad higher up, but your contact should be perfect.
    69goat likes this.
    11-19-14 03:22 PM
    I'm done with some.
    1151 doesn't work. It reverted after reboot.
    It seems that 997 with 995 sticks (i only changed font size, but it was there after reboot), now I'll add the missing apps. Will report on my findings.

UPDATE: After adding apps, nothing stuck. Will start again the process, this time i'll make sure if installing apps caused it.
    Last edited by Adam Szucs; 11-19-14 at 04:06 PM.
    11-19-14 03:46 PM
    Masterscarhead. I have done that already. Thanks. It is obviously a hardware problem. It looks like you just can't imagine the idea of the problem as you do not have it yourself or have not experienced it. Thanks again for your advice. but I have done that.
    I don't understand you: You are sure it's a hardware problem. Defective hardware requires replacement. Period. What do you expect from the users of the forum?
    11-19-14 05:04 PM
    I'm done with some.
    1151 doesn't work. It reverted after reboot.
    It seems that 997 with 995 sticks (i only changed font size, but it was there after reboot), now I'll add the missing apps. Will report on my findings.

UPDATE: After adding apps, nothing stuck. Will start again the process, this time i'll make sure if installing apps caused it.
    That was the process I was wondering about and how it'd work. I''m glad you are responding with your findings.

If it's the apps, of course I'm curious to know if it could be narrowed down to one specific app, or a set of apps.
    scaffme likes this.
    11-19-14 05:07 PM
    That was the process I was wondering about and how it'd work. I''m glad you are responding with your findings.

If it's the apps, of course I'm curious to know if it could be narrowed down to one specific app, or a set of apps.
    No need to ... it's a hardware problem :-)

I'm looking forward to learn about the root cause of this problem.
    So far we can only notice that a minor set of devices are affected, but those devices are very consistent in their behaviour.
    11-19-14 05:20 PM

I don't state my opinions as any kind of personal attack - I just want to make that clear. But there are definitely two perspectives on things and both are worthy of being stated.

[/derail]
    YES!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

I have been saying and stating this for the longest about the SIC. I believe that we are on the EXACT same page concerning this.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 05:51 PM
    No need to ... it's a hardware problem :-)

I'm looking forward to learn about the root cause of this problem.
    So far we can only notice that a minor set of devices are affected, but those devices are very consistent in their behaviour.
    It may still be classified as a hardware problem. Just because it didn't happen in 10.2 just means that the hardware wasn't used in a specific way, which 10.3 now does. Just like the original Intel Pentium processors, as long as you never actually needed to do division it never hit the FDIV bug, but once you did then you had a hardware problem to deal with. Too early to tell of course.

Again I find myself wishing I had one of these phones so I could experiment on it myself.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 05:54 PM
    This is why this site kicks **** :
    thurask
    mainley_linux
    GEARHEADDADDY
    ofutur
    Wu Wei
    BigBadWolf
    masterscarhead1
    Adam Szucs
    Darcy Tall Guy
    Too many others to mention, long timers and new people.
    It's like watching Blackberry C.S.I. in action.
    You people kick as*
    Incredible to follow this one. Can't wait to see how it is solved.
    11-19-14 05:58 PM

The blue LED, I'm sure this will be almost impossible, but do any of you recall whether it was present from first boot out of box?
    Hard to remember. Definitely after the OTA upgrade to 10.1.0.4780??

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 06:15 PM
    This is why this site kicks **** :
    thurask
    mainley_linux
    GEARHEADDADDY
    ofutur
    Wu Wei
    BigBadWolf
    masterscarhead1
    Adam Szucs
    Darcy Tall Guy
    Too many others to mention, long timers and new people.
    It's like watching Blackberry C.S.I. in action.
    You people kick as*
    Incredible to follow this one. Can't wait to see how it is solved.
    And to think, once upon a time we actually worked as a team. And people didn't like that. Hmm.
    11-19-14 06:30 PM
    If it's the apps it must be one that is included with the Dev OS because I've side loaded all different apps with the Dev OS. Installed .634 with different apps from. 632 and no issues except the features that are turned off.

Also, wondering about installing different branches and working my way up to 10.3. I've seen Z10s, Q10s, and Z30s with this problem. The Q10s had 10.1 when released and the Z30s had 10.2. So, I would think they got their problem possibly similarly, but not from the same "chance" OS install or wipe that failed.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-19-14 07:02 PM
    We are not feeling attacked, it is an honest expression that we have and we think it will be good to everybody know eventhough SIC Wipe (or wipe n load) can't help OP and others who have the same issue, that SIC has Nuke (-a) and Wipe and IS using CFP for that.

We respect everyone's choice to agree or disagree with it.
    Couldn't agree more...

sent from my passport using SIC
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-19-14 07:17 PM
    Deleted after reading rest of thread.
    11-19-14 07:26 PM
    If it's the apps it must be one that is included with the Dev OS because I've side loaded all different apps with the Dev OS. Installed .634 with different apps from. 632 and no issues except the features that are turned off.

Also, wondering about installing different branches and working my way up to 10.3. I've seen Z10s, Q10s, and Z30s with this problem. The Q10s had 10.1 when released and the Z30s had 10.2. So, I would think they got their problem possibly similarly, but not from the same "chance" OS install or wipe that failed.

Posted via CB10
    Seems what we could use, is a BlackBerry engineer, who could pinpoint what possible hardware would be common. If they all came out of the box booting blue (true, we don't know for sure, so it's a big if), then there has to be a hardware issue tied in. Still doesn't mean there isn't a software solution, since the phones are working fine on some branches, sorta all if you include dev.
    11-19-14 07:33 PM
    Deleted after reading rest of thread.
    S and C might wanna wait for I to answer that.
    11-19-14 07:36 PM
702 ... 56789 ...