08-13-15 12:53 AM
702 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Been there done it. Thamks
    11-19-14 12:20 PM
    Also, please confirm that you are running autoloaders built with the latest version of cap (3.11.0.13).
    Really doubt that this matters, but I found cap 3.11.0.14: https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/dQ98s...Kwsj9yTNdoSE5O

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and wu-wei like this.
    11-19-14 12:23 PM
    So your fix is doing what has been done a million times over. CFP and run autoloader... Tell me you are joing. Its been done a million times.
    Know who's talking to you friend. My word of advice to you. The last few people 'know what is going on'. Lose the 'Rockstar' attitude. People are trying to help you.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    11-19-14 12:24 PM
    I have an idea I haven't heard just yet. Has anyone tried updating with Airplane mode on/off...I had a message come in during an update/leak load a long time ago that caused weird issues/soft brick. I have since always used Airplane Mode. Are all these users using Airplane Mode?...just sayin...

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10/10.3.1.1151
    Been there done it
    11-19-14 12:25 PM
    When you hear "stooy" that it is the user's fault. I gets a tad frustrating 4 months later. Finally on this thread there are people who have actually helped. Rock Star attitude and all. You can only here do a SIC wipe over and over again without getting frustrated and for that so my apologies.
    11-19-14 12:27 PM
    Just getting back to this thread.

I now understand the device reverts to the state it had immediately before the upgrade.

I'm no expert on this, but my understanding is that the OS and settings/apps are located in two different places on in the file system.

The described behavior seems similar to a snapshot of the file system (from around the time of the upgrade) is being applied on every reboot.

The blue LED is definitively also an important observation and I suspect it actually is an indicator of the process.

Why does it happen? It's a good question that I'll forward to BlackBerry.

Perhaps it is a (buggy) new feature kicking in at the wrong time... something like Windows recovery points.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-19-14 01:06 PM
    When you hear "stooy" that it is the user's fault. I gets a tad frustrating 4 months later. Finally on this thread there are people who have actually helped. Rock Star attitude and all. You can only here do a SIC wipe over and over again without getting frustrated and for that so my apologies.
    I'm working the popcorn machine, you sit nearby, sniff the fumes, and try some meditation.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    11-19-14 01:20 PM
    I know exactly how you feel. There are very few skilled people vs a lot of "try a wipe/pull the battery/I found the ultimate solution to..."

However all people are doing the very best they can and consider the time they spend reading about your issue and taking the time to post a reply as "free help". A part of that is to let go of all the nonsense. Even though it's obvious they didn't read the thread.

If you are not happy with it call BlackBerry and pay $49 for a pay-per-incident device support call. In this case you might not receive any help as the OS is not released in public.

/JP

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-19-14 01:40 PM
    Since OP didn't quote whichever posts he was ranting about this time, I will assume one of them was directed to me.

Here's the deal. I asked specific questions. You did not answer. You seem to believe you are an expert at this, and that it is a hardware problem. Ask yourself, expert, what should you do? Keep trying to fix hardware with software? Or maybe contact BlackBerry about a defective device? I'm sure they will get right on that request for you to run an OS that hasn't been officially released for your device.

Best of luck to you. And to those of you who are also experiencing this issue, I apologize that my suggestions were insufficient.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    11-19-14 01:58 PM
    And by the way, I would NEVER suggest a SIC wipe. That whole process is a joke and, based on what bigbadwulf posted earlier about a password persisting through anyway, it is completely useless. Running cfp nuke -a clears the filesystem AND the OS. Hence why I asked that very specific question.
    clie610, d3rd and Blacklatino like this.
    11-19-14 02:01 PM
    Just getting back to this thread.

I now understand the device reverts to the state it had immediately before the upgrade.

I'm no expert on this, but my understanding is that the OS and settings/apps are located in two different places on in the file system.

The described behavior seems similar to a snapshot of the file system (from around the time of the upgrade) is being applied on every reboot.

The blue LED is definitively also an important observation and I suspect it actually is an indicator of the process.

Why does it happen? It's a good question that I'll forward to BlackBerry.

Perhaps it is a (buggy) new feature kicking in at the wrong time... something like Windows recovery points.

Posted via CB10
    Not exactly, the phone keeps the installed leaked OS for example going from an official 10.2.1 to anything 10.3 or 10.3.1, the 10.3 or 10.3.1 operating system will still be installed. Its anything added to that though like 3rd party apps from BBW or the Amazon store, wifi passwords, BBID log in, are all wiped upon a reboot or restart.

Like I had mentioned in my other post a few pages back, I called VZW told them dead pixel and self memory wipes were the issue. I asked about the blue LED and Tier 2 support had no answer.

I get the replacement tomorrow and will try loading 10.3.1 on it when I get home.
    11-19-14 02:08 PM
    Finally on this thread there are people who have actually helped.
    Just curious, did you try Darcys suggestion or the one I had passed on early on in the thread regarding starting back at 10.0 and upgrading branches?
    11-19-14 02:10 PM
    And by the way, I would NEVER suggest a SIC wipe. That whole process is a joke and, based on what bigbadwulf posted earlier about a password persisting through anyway, it is completely useless. Running cfp nuke -a clears the filesystem AND the OS. Hence why I asked that very specific question.
    I agree, cfp is a much better process.

I think we all need to take a deep breath and relax.
    SPNKr, clie610 and Sator like this.
    11-19-14 02:11 PM
    I'm quite relaxed. LOL. I entered this conversation with some clear expectations...and I was not disappointed.
    BigBadWulf and jpvj like this.
    11-19-14 02:15 PM
    Hello guys,
    Here are my experience with this problem.
    I'm sure that this is a partition problem, because after non destructive update the restart brings me to pre update state, so the device delete data only added after the update, of course the os stays 10.3.
    My device is not from any network and it's not refurbished, it's a Q10-3.
    I tried all the leaks and I have luck only with one 10.3.0 leak, I can't remember which one. I was able to make it work only with non-destructive sachesi update with the latest sachesi I think it was 2.0 beta. And it worked but I was not satisfied with performance so I moved back to 10.2. Tried every single leak, destructive and also non with no luck. Also tried nuke and sic everything.
    Maybe the official os will do the job, but after all I'm a little suspicious.

P.S blue light on boot, every time

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 02:21 PM
    This is mildly off-topic - and unfortunately won't help with a solution, so I apologize in advance, but, do those afflicted with this mallady have their devices re-booting on their own, or do you just find the need/ desire to occasionally restart your device?
    11-19-14 02:26 PM
    No, it works fine without turning of the device or reboot. So the device is not rebooting itself.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 02:29 PM
    Just curious, did you try Darcys suggestion or the one I had passed on early on in the thread regarding starting back at 10.0 and upgrading branches?
    I'm definitely interested in your suggestion, but it will take time to download and try. With Thanksgiving, it might be a couple of weeks. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm also interested in the overall update size. I will try removing unneeded apps to see of I can get the size down.

Startling from an earlier OS seems like the right idea. If I remember correctly, when I first unboxed the phone and turned it on, I had an issue with the upgrade that was download (10.1.0.4780??) and had to do a security wipe. I'm wondering now if that was the start of the problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 02:29 PM
    Wow! Thanks!
    11-19-14 02:30 PM
    cfp?
    11-19-14 02:32 PM
    This is mildly off-topic - and unfortunately won't help with a solution, so I apologize in advance, but, do those afflicted with this mallady have their devices re-booting on their own, or do you just find the need/ desire to occasionally restart your device?
    No it wont reboot on its own, I would say its needed when you want to do a battery swap or your battery just plain dies are the only times i would have to have the z10 reboot..
    11-19-14 02:47 PM
    Wow! Thanks!
    Just to clear the air, I recognize that there are many people who swear that SIC is the greatest way to handle OS installs. They post all the time, and no amount of discussion or debate will change their minds. That's cool.

Personally, I totally disagree and I have my own views.....and no amount of discussion or debate will change my mind.

I don't state my opinions as any kind of personal attack - I just want to make that clear. But there are definitely two perspectives on things and both are worthy of being stated.

[/derail]
    dviles and jpvj like this.
    11-19-14 02:47 PM
    As nobody really willing to do so, I'll try the following in the next few hours:
    1. Do a backup on Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.634
    2. Run cfp nuke
    3. Install 1151 with autoloader and new cap
    4. Check the results

If still don't stick:
    5. Run nuke again
    6. Install dev os 997
    7. Make sure it'll stick
    8. Upgrade just the core with 995 (or whatever is out)
    9. Check the result

Worst case: update to 997 from 634

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 02:53 PM
    Hey wu-wei hope alls good in your hood, I normally sic wipe then autoload.

What would be your advise for an install?
    Autoload then security wipe or vice versa or straight autoload and run?

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    11-19-14 02:57 PM
    Two separate things:

If SIC truly worked, I wouldn't have had my experience. Proof of failure outweighs any positive claims otherwise.

The blue LED, I'm sure this will be almost impossible, but do any of you recall whether it was present from first boot out of box?
    11-19-14 03:00 PM
702 ... 45678 ...