08-12-15 11:53 PM
702 12345 ...
tools
    Masterscarhead1 is actually quite knowledgable, and his answers are techincally correct. There's nothing that states that this SHOULD be a hardware issue directly.

However, as stated it could be a nvram flag that's been set somehow that simply isn't being cleared properly and 10.3 and newer interprets that flag one way (hey, lets wipe your phone at boot!), and 10.2 interprets it in another way (meh, I'm not touching that). If that flag can't be cleared it may as well be called a hardware issue because there's no way to fix it even though technically it's not.

The fact that DEV OS doesn't do this is a slightly confusing thing. A direct comparison of 2 matching OS might be in order. Like 10.3.1.632 and 10.3.1.634. One is DEV, the other is full and they're technically the same. What's different? What's missing? If I had a phone that was doing this you can be sure I would be looking at every last detail like that.

Ultimately though without access to log files and the proper tools anything we suggest is just a guess at best. A proper repair facility (probably blackberry direct) might have the rights tools to do the job. Who knows, this may be an issue that they're aware of but can't reproduce and would be glad to have a malfunctioning phone in their hands to look at directly.

But all I can say is just keep trying everything and anything you can think of. If there's a solution to be had it could be something obscure.
    DarcyTallGuy. I like your view. Just the same as Masterscarwhatever I too am quite knowledgable. You do not know my background so why assume I am not. He is assuming it is the User while I assume it is the Hardware. I probably and hope that I am wrong. I can assure you it sure as heck isn't the user.

However I like what you said, after reading it, it now makes sense that is exactly what it is. The flag.

So if that were the case, it clearly wouldn't be the USER or Hardware. Would it?
    11-18-14 09:58 AM
    DarcyTallGuy. I like your view. Just the same as Masterscarwhatever I too am quite knowledgable. You do not know my background so why assume I am not. He is assuming it is the User while I assume it is the Hardware. I probably and hope that I am wrong. I can assure you it sure as heck isn't the user.

However I like what you said, after reading it, it now makes sense that is exactly what it is. The flag.

So if that were the case, it clearly wouldn't be the USER or Hardware. Would it?
    If it were a nvram flag it would likely be some weird combination of steps that managed to get it set.

Something obscure like doing a security wipe on a very specific OS version and interrupting it with a battery pull before it's done. And that specific version of the OS may have had a bug where it set the wrong nvram flag in a case like that. Or it could be far simpler and may not have required you to do anything. Again it's all just a guess.

I don't think it's specifically a user error, nor is it technically a hardware error, but the important question is can it be fixed by a user somehow, or not?

You should enter that contest on the main page to with the Classic with the entry "I want the classic because my q10 is broken". I hate to say it, but from what I've all heard about the issue, you may have a better chance of fixing your problem by winning that.
    BigBadWulf and PantherBlitz like this.
    11-18-14 10:10 AM
    DarcyTallGuy I couldn't agree more!
    11-18-14 10:11 AM
    Any MAC experts around? One of those folks might know how to clear a non volatile boot flag that could possibly extrapolate into a solution. Also you can try calling BB tech directly. The number is posted somewhere in the forums. Obviously you can't tell them you want to load a leak...
    11-18-14 10:15 AM
    So, if I say have the very same issue with my Q5 for any full OS that's 10.3.x.xxxx, will you call me technically challenged?
    Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.634

I think I have enough rep here that you could say: I know what I'm talking about

Posted via CB10
    True, but we don't want to listen.
    11-18-14 10:15 AM
    Any MAC experts around? One of those folks might know how to clear a non volatile boot flag that could possibly extrapolate into a solution. Also you can try calling BB tech directly. The number is posted somewhere in the forums. Obviously you can't tell them you want to load a leak...
    Great advice 1magine
    11-18-14 10:17 AM
    Btw, one more thing to issue:
    If you update non-destructively with Sachesi, let's say from 10.2.1, it'll revert with reboot the last state on 10.2.1, even remember what apps you had open during update.

Posted via CB10
    oneday116 likes this.
    11-18-14 10:21 AM
    I'd tell them all about it. After all it's not reproducible on official versions. What happens when 10.3.1 becomes live for everyone? How many 'non leak users' will upgrade and suddenly have the same issue?

Even though you're on leaked software I'd hope they'd want to know about it before it's fully released.

Then again they may say to wait for it to become official software and call back, but that doesn't sound like it's that far away. On the bright side, once it starts affecting people on it officially it'll be looked at and possibly fixed a lot faster.
    11-18-14 10:23 AM
    I'd tell them all about it. After all it's not reproducible on official versions. What happens when 10.3.1 becomes live for everyone? How many 'non leak users' will upgrade and suddenly have the same issue?

Even though you're on leaked software I'd hope they'd want to know about it before it's fully released.

Then again they may say to wait for it to become official software and call back, but that doesn't sound like it's that far away. On the bright side, once it starts affecting people on it officially it'll be looked at and possibly fixed a lot faster.
    DarcyTallGuy I can't thank you enough. Your Flag theory is exactly what I needed to hear. Your advice has been great. You seem to be one of the few who "gets it"
    11-18-14 10:29 AM
    I'm sorry to hear of your problem. It sounds very frustrating but with the persistence I see you have I think you'll eventually come up with a solution that works.

The only thing I can't understand is why you seem defensive with someone whom is just trying to be of help. There are better ways to let someone know their suggestion isn't helping you than attacking then for not fully grasping your situation or knowledge.

To me, if someone takes their time to try to help me with a problem no matter whether it's helpful or not, I am grateful.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    11-18-14 10:33 AM
    Have you tried 10.3.0.1418 ? I know it's not the latest, but I have it on my Q10 and it seems to work well.

I had a wipe and reboot after installing a leak,once on a Q10, but I think it only went back to the prior OS, not wipe all the apps. I used link to reload a stock OS and the next time I put a leak on it worked.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 10:37 AM
    I'm sorry to hear of your problem. It sounds very frustrating but with the persistence I see you have I think you'll eventually come up with a solution that works.

The only thing I can't understand is why you seem defensive with someone whom is just trying to be of help. There are better ways to let someone know their suggestion isn't helping you than attacking then for not fully grasping your situation or knowledge.

To me, if someone takes their time to try to help me with a problem no matter whether it's helpful or not, I am grateful.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    Yes HowardShap, you are correct. I was a tad defensive and I do apologize. It is just when someone says it is the user and to just do a SIC Multiwipe, and when you hear that over and over again since this started in July it get's so tiring. So for that I do apologize.

We have at least made it clear that it isn't the "user" and for that I am happy. I will in fact get this resolved along side the others that have this issue. You are correct.

Thanks Howard for pointing that out. It's just the frustration and months of it.
    BigBadWulf, howards and a_bateman like this.
    11-18-14 10:37 AM
    Yes Robsteve
    11-18-14 10:38 AM
    Yes Robsteve
    Have you tried reloading the stock OS through link? That fixed mine, which may have been an Eastlink SQN 100-5. I have a SQN 100-1 as well and can't remember which one had the problem.

Where is your SQN100-5 made. Mine is made in Canada. Not sure if there are different versions of the SQN100-5 that may cause the problem or if it was just a software load glitch as suggested earlier.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 10:43 AM
    Have you tried reloading the stock OS through link? That fixed mine, which may have been an Eastlink SQN 100-5. I have a SQN 100-1 as well and can't remember which one had the problem.

Where is your SQN100-5 made. Mine is made in Canada. Not sure if there are different versions of the SQN100-5 that may cause the problem or if it was just a software load glitch as suggested earlier.

Posted via CB10
    Hey robsteve, I actually have tried exactly that ironically enough. I have a Z10 STL100-3
    11-18-14 10:46 AM
    Hi all.

I am not saying that OP is not having any issues although OP is seemingly writing in on behalf of other users.

Here I've got a Passport, Z10x2, Q10 and Z30. All of them run whatever OS I want - I have used Autoloaders, "Official" (via Desktop LINK), Used Official-then-Sachesi-Blitz method, wiped first, wiped after, not wiped.

In short - none of the 5 devices I use have locked up or turned blue or not updated properly.

For some of you with real issues that I haven't seen perhaps the SIC Multiwipe tool http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-909209/ might help get your device back to just-from-the-factory so that you can restart the process.
    11-18-14 10:48 AM
    Hi all.

I am not saying that OP is not having any issues although OP is seemingly writing in on behalf of other users.

Here I've got a Passport, Z10x2, Q10 and Z30. All of them run whatever OS I want - I have used Autoloaders, "Official" (via Desktop LINK), Used Official-then-Sachesi-Blitz method, wiped first, wiped after, not wiped.

In short - none of the 5 devices I use have locked up or turned blue or not updated properly.

For some of you with real issues that I haven't seen perhaps the SIC Multiwipe tool http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-909209/ might help get your device back to just-from-the-factory so that you can restart the process.
    WArcher Yes I am writing on behalf of others. Why wouldn't I? Just do a Google search on the problem. Hundreds of users have the same issue. As for your tool "SIC Multiwipe BB10, BBOS & PB - clean your device before auto/app loader" "we" as of I have been there and done that way back in July. I Appreciate your help.
    11-18-14 10:52 AM
    Are you sure your device is not a BlackBerry demo device? I have seen the blue blinking lights on the demo devices when you force a hard reboot.

There are better experts here than me, but I think the demo devices have imei that start with 0044 and unique pins that start with 2FFF.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 10:58 AM
    Are you sure your device is not a BlackBerry demo device? I have seen the blue blinking lights on the demo devices when you force a hard reboot.

There are better experts here than me, but I think the demo devices have imei that start with 0044 and unique pins that start with 2FFF.

Posted via CB10
    My IMEI starts with 3538 I am not sure if it is a demo as T-Mobile sent it to me directly.
    11-18-14 11:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    That would depend on model IIRC. For instance, I don't have a blue LED on reboot, IMEI of 9900, and my pin starts with 3333.
    Attached Thumbnails *SOLVED* [Blue LED 10.3 upgrade issue] Can anyone help fix a re-wiped device?-img_20141118_111754.png  
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 11-18-14 at 11:24 AM. Reason: added IMEI
    zephyr613 likes this.
    11-18-14 11:20 AM
    Here is my list of probably not helpful suggestions:

Has an upgrade been tried from different computers?I seem to recall some people has issues with certain model USB root hubs

Using USB 2.0 or Usb 3.0? Earlier builds had problems with USB3 for some people, especially on Windows 8

Onboard USB port, or Front Panel? Try the one in the back of the computer. No technical explanation, but I've always had more success with loading when using the ports on the motherboard instead of on a header.

Using BlackBerry supplied USB cable? Cheap cables suck and may not meet all requirements

Latest version of Link installed? You may not be using Link to load the OS, but the Desktop Manager software that loads with it controls the driver version your computer uses to connect to your device

Antivirus disabled? I've had Norton block an install before. I know yours isn't blocked, but who knows if it interferes or not

Have you looked through the escreens on a "working" build and a "wiping" build to see if there is anything different?

And for my final and most ridiculous suggestion (use at your own risk): Have you tried intentionally failing an install to make the device "unusable" and then recovering it with an autoloader? Perhaps in a state of disrepair the autoloader becomes more 'agressive' in recovery (just a theory, no proof this actually happens but you guys seem willing to try anything)
    11-18-14 12:19 PM
    First of all, thanks to RockStar1 for posting this thread - we may finally have something!

UNLOCKING.

I note several posters have unlocked their phones. I purchased my phone nearly new from eBay. It was locked to O2 and I asked the seller if they would have it unlocked if I won the phone, and I did. The seller had the phone unlocked - properly - through the carrier it was bought from.

Any of you top technical people out there - why would having a Blackberry unlocked (properly and not in some cheap corner shop) cause it to reject leaked OS's in this unusual fashion.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Mastercardhead, I am new on here, but not new to online forums. I think your tone was not the best when dealing with RockStar1 - I would appreciate your input on this matter as you are clearly knowledgeable, but keep in mind how frustrating it's been for us having this issue for several months!
    BigBadWulf and acasas33 like this.
    11-18-14 12:19 PM
    Rock Star - I am unsure as to why my questions weren't answered in regards to carrier/model and method (though you DID answer the method part)

Has anyone thought that the blue LED flashing might be indicative of the Bluetooth connection?

See below

Flashing LED color descriptions

and

Using a smart card with your device - How To - BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone - 10.1

Though the last link is specifically for the Smart Card settings - I bring this up because every loader/leak up to 10.2.X did NOT have Smart Card Authentication in the Core OS, it was only until 10.3.X that I saw this first. In the "old" days of BBOS I would have to add the Bar files separate for Smart Card authentication. I am enclosing this as well because I was part of a team the helped develop and test the Smart Card readers for Department of Defense and when the Smart Card reader (Bluetooth) was enabled and paired, the Blue LED would flash on the reader as well as device.

Darcy - is it possible (even remotely) that this might the root cause? I do remember MANY times where a device would revert back to "factory settings" if Smart Card was enabled and no handshake as done PRIOR to a device reboot...
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-18-14 12:20 PM
    Rock Star - I am unsure as to why my questions weren't answered in regards to carrier/model and method (though you DID answer the method part)

Has anyone thought that the blue LED flashing might be indicative of the Bluetooth connection?

See below

Flashing LED color descriptions

and

Using a smart card with your device - How To - BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone - 10.1

Though the last link is specifically for the Smart Card settings - I bring this up because every loader/leak up to 10.2.X did NOT have Smart Card Authentication in the Core OS, it was only until 10.3.X that I saw this first. In the "old" days of BBOS I would have to add the Bar files separate for Smart Card authentication. I am enclosing this as well because I was part of a team the helped develop and test the Smart Card readers for Department of Defense and when the Smart Card reader (Bluetooth) was enabled and paired, the Blue LED would flash on the reader as well as device.

Darcy - is it possible (even remotely) that this might the root cause? I do remember MANY times where a device would revert back to "factory settings" if Smart Card was enabled and no handshake as done PRIOR to a device reboot...
    zephyr613 Hey there, I did mention above it was T-Mobile STL100-3 I have also listed all the methods in previous posts. I will relist them out for you this evening when I get home. I so much appreciate your help.
    11-18-14 12:33 PM
    zephyr613 Hey there, I did mention above it was T-Mobile STL100-3 I have also listed all the methods in previous posts. I will relist them out for you this evening when I get home. I so much appreciate your help.
    No problem - just very interested in trying to help!
    11-18-14 12:39 PM
702 12345 ...