08-12-15 11:53 PM
702 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    Thinking about an old Android too, Blackberry is so expensive to buy. Love BB, but not able to afford. So sad!
    Where are you located. I have my fixed STL-103 Z10 willing to trade for a little cash, not much just enough for my time to fix your old one. Mine is a t-mobile unlocked pretty good shape, needs a new back but other than that it is good, some nicks but I bought it used anyways.
    02-22-15 09:00 AM
    Well I hope for you guys that this will lead to a solution. Because this shouldn't be something that is only covered by warranty. This is a production flaw, nothing else.

Posted via CB10
    This is like the Xbox 360 red ring of death issue, Microsoft extended the warranty because it was a manufacturing defect. This is the same type of issue. Microsoft is in a better position to make things right than blackberry though. Blackberry is already on life support if they didn't own QNX they would really be in trouble.
    Uzi likes this.
    02-22-15 09:02 AM
    A challenge to the techies.

As some of us know by visiting threads like the one here. We know that there are some people with Z10s and Q10s cannot update their OS to anything 10.3 or later and then there are others who cannot update past 10.3.1 or later. However the majority of these flawed devices cant install anything 10.3 or later so lets just stick to that.

So in case you have never heard of this issue of what I am referring to, let me get you up to speed. When installing an autoloader OR OTA with Sachesi, our phones do in fact accept the update. It is only upon reboot that everything is erased. When I say everything, I mean everything, all apps, settings, everything, it is fact a wiped phone upon reboot. All of us also have a blue light instead of the usual red with these phone upon booting up.

The only OS that works are the Developers SDK of 10.3 or 10.3.1. There are no autoloaders out there or anything anywhere that have worked with these phones. The OS just does not stick.

We have all nuked, we have all done the Sic wiped, and there is nothing that has not been done to try to resolve this issue. We are now looking for things that we havent tried. There are just so many people experiencing this problem and multiple threads and forums on this issue as well. All ending with how frustrated they are in not being able to have anything 10.3 and above. We all have had to revert back to 10.2.

Which at least for me, after seeing 10.3.1 is excruciating to revert back to.

So now here I am asking or begging anyone to help us resolve this issue.

I personally have the STL100-3 T-Mobile.

So here it is The Challenge
    I just called blackberry support and talked to a rep. I was willing to pay for a support incident for 49 bucks but rather the guy asked me to submit a report to http://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com lol it isn't even active anymore you are directed to go to beta zone or other blackberry sites. Well I am going to call corporate tomorrow and lay it out for them. Unless they want a really bad roll out with lots of pissed off people leaving blackberry they need to make a patch to unflag these devices and/or update blackberry protect to stop wiping devices that seems like many of them are refurbished or flagged as refurbs. Since I didn't get a solution to submit a bug report I might call back and create a ticket and pay 49 bucks for my device I have already fixed. It says they will credit back if the problem is blackberry's fault which it clearly is if regular users just upgrading an official upgrade are getting this blue led issue. Anyways don't give up hope guys, if nothing else blackberry should exchange our devices but they need to take care of this before it is a major rollout issue, they don't have the cash to have another disaster.
    Uzi likes this.
    02-22-15 09:40 AM
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I can find no obvious way to contact BB UK about this issue.

Why the hell should I use Twitter? This is insane.

I think I've had enough of this crap for one day, and in fact for several months.

Off to look at alternative (non-Blackberry) phones.
    I have a number if you want to call canada. It is paid support, but if enough of us call about the same issue they won't be able to ignore it. I am calling corporate in waterloo tomorrow though.
    02-22-15 09:42 AM
    Two major issues, Blue LED bootup causing factory ... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I don't know if you're already on this other site - someone helpfully opened this formally with Blackberry Support and they've taken it up.

Post #9 explains what they'd like from us.

Apologies if you're already involved with it.

The refurb date thing is very interesting - the only reason I didn't try it was because I didn't want to make a bad situation worse. Hopefully either a patch or some simple instructions will be forthcoming in the near future.
    02-22-15 09:42 AM
    Kudos to nickanghel who has given his Q10 to the Dev team at BlackBerry for them to work with!
    Awesome stuff!
    I have a fixed device that has this blue led issue. I am calling corporate tomorrow anyways. I want to submit a bug report with the fix I used and point them in the right direction for an official fix. This rollout of 10.3.1 can be a disaster if they don't fix this issue if normal users not crackberrites get this issue which I think they will.
    02-22-15 09:47 AM
    Doing a sachesi upgrade to official Rogers 10.3.1.2267 everything looking good so far. I think my device is officially fixed. doing a reboot and crossing my fingers after upgrade.
    02-22-15 10:55 AM
    Doing a sachesi upgrade to official Rogers 10.3.1.2267 everything looking good so far. I think my device is officially fixed. doing a reboot and crossing my fingers after upgrade.
    Ok it came up with a red led after doing the upgrade, looks good so far, had a weird Wind mobile splash screen, this is a T-mobile stl-103 device and just did a rogers official upgrade. lol. but it seems ok. I don't have an active sim in it right now because mine doesn't work in Canada, I have a straight talk tablet sim I use for data only since this is an extra phone. I'm going to try out blend to see if it works correctly.
    02-22-15 11:01 AM
    Ok it came up with a red led after doing the upgrade, looks good so far, had a weird Wind mobile splash screen, this is a T-mobile stl-103 device and just did a rogers official upgrade. lol. but it seems ok. I don't have an active sim in it right now because mine doesn't work in Canada, I have a straight talk tablet sim I use for data only since this is an extra phone. I'm going to try out blend to see if it works correctly.
    That's great. However, neither you nor anyone else seems to have a documented solution that can be replicated by all who are experiencing this issue. It's a little disheartening to say the least. And I don't put a lot of faith in BlackBerry to come up with a solution in any reasonable amount of time. The fact is that this is the first (presumably) solvable software issue that I haven't seen solved by the greater community in short order. Hopefully somebody comes up with something here.

Posted via CB10
    techtechnique likes this.
    02-22-15 12:28 PM
    That's great. However, neither you nor anyone else seems to have a documented solution that can be replicated by all who are experiencing this issue. It's a little disheartening to say the least. And I don't put a lot of faith in BlackBerry to come up with a solution in any reasonable amount of time. The fact is that this is the first (presumably) solvable software issue that I haven't seen solved by the greater community in short order. Hopefully somebody comes up with something here.

Posted via CB10
    yeah I have been disappointed in contacting blackberry. The support guy was nice and was very greatful for finding a solution and trying to look out for the best interests of blackberry, because a failed rollout that bricks many devices is not the way to save the company. But the guy gave me a dead link to a website for suggestions. Well it isn't dead, it just recommends beta zone and other bb sites. I am just trying to do a favor for the community. This is my play phone. I am primarily android but I like QNX and bb 10 this is my first blackberry I actually bought but only have like 125 in it including the unlock code. I will try to see what I can get done though, because it is ****ty issue. It is clearly blackberry's fault. They better not screw up this update and get a mass exodus of the small userbase anyways, I want to see Blackberry grow because it is good to have a third competitor pushing mobile.
    02-22-15 04:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Does anyone code on these forums? I don't have time to write something. We would need a patch from BB though so that kinda sucks. QNX is not open-source so that is kinda outta the question. I wish they would open it up kinda like solaris was opened up. Have a community version or atleast source code access to write patches to the kernel or something.

I really don't know what can be opened up or not or if any would be able to be opened up to allow patches to bb10
    dixon11 likes this.
    02-22-15 04:16 PM
    I fixed it by loading a wrong autoloader (wrong baseband) then did a install (official version no leak) wipe device, reload a leak (autoloader good version) and problem fixed...
    mrfreeze likes this.
    02-22-15 04:37 PM
    Could you be more specific as to what you did. I need this phone ready for work tomorrow.
    02-22-15 05:28 PM
    Could you be more specific as to what you did. I need this phone ready for work tomorrow.
    The only "workaround" I've been using is avoiding restarts altogether - mainly putting the phone in Flight Mode at bedtime. This only uses around 3% or so of battery life during the night. Of course you still have to keep a keen eye on the battery level during the day. Not a good way to have to use your phone for any length of time.......

Would be great if we hear something tomorrow from the Support people Two major issues, Blue LED bootup causing factory ... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
    02-22-15 06:41 PM
    I fixed it by loading a wrong autoloader (wrong baseband) then did a install (official version no leak) wipe device, reload a leak (autoloader good version) and problem fixed...
    Are you saying you no longer have a Blue LED bootup?
    Would you please write a detailed description of what you did if so?
    02-22-15 06:54 PM
    hello
    2 temporary solution while waiting for help from bb dev team
    1. Use the dev version 10.3 it was one little error and insufficient app you can load the app from one version to another by sachesi I think that should be used app version 10.3.1.1151
    below is the link to download the OS version 10.3.1.977 Dev Autoloader choose fit your bb and then download the app using sachesi load if needed
    https://developer.blackberry.com/bla...alphas/update/
    2. Turn on the autoloader 10.2.2 without any errors and you must turn off automatic updates in the 10.3 installation if do not want it to fail
    - Link for z10 2 3 4
    http://www.fshare.vn/file/T00J1RDTBT
    pass: dzatr818
    - Link for Z30
    https://www.fshare.vn/file/TYFAQHBH8T/
    - Link for q10, q5
    http://www.fshare.vn/file/T016VY41FT/
    there are some methods for you
    I use google translate, sorry if it makes you hard to understand
    tks some vietnamese for all link
    Last edited by phuongvytt; 02-23-15 at 10:26 AM.
    02-23-15 10:14 AM
    Right now, i must to using Core OS 997 + Radio 2268 + all apps 1151. So bad for Blue led Devices

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 336495
    Last edited by Tan Loch; 02-24-15 at 06:36 AM.
    phuongvytt likes this.
    02-23-15 10:29 AM
    I had this problem with blue led..
    Maybe I get lucky, but what is did was:

I was messing around with autoloader to fix the blue led problem..

What is did after installed 20x official firmware and leaks I installed a blitz install and forced the update to install a wrong modem / baseband..

After install and reboot I had only a red blinking led...

After that I did install a officially firmware and did a wipe...after that run the latest auto loader.. And using the device like normal... Til this day one. (Z10)

I don't know if I its good luck !! Or a fix.
    Maybe worth to try !

Good luck!
    mrfreeze likes this.
    02-23-15 01:12 PM
    Reset after reboot was the main reason that i got back to 10.2.

I taught after the official roll out this issue would have been fixed by BB, but it proved wrong.

I am facing the same issue in the official update.

Contact BB for the same, they have requested me for by BB pin, waiting for their next reply...
    02-23-15 09:37 PM
    We got a couple of people who said that intentionally loading an incorrect radio file fixed it.

What can that hurt? Flash the incorrect radio file, the phone won't boot, then run a current 10.3.1 autoloader that used to give you the blue LED and see if it's gone....
    02-23-15 10:03 PM
    I've done that. Inadvertently installed an autoloader for STA100-3, instead of STL100-3, then installed the correct autoloader. No change.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 10:54 PM
    I've done that. Inadvertently installed an autoloader for STA100-3, instead of STL100-3, then installed the correct autoloader. No change.

Posted via CB10
    what is autoloader i can use for sqn 003 ?
    02-24-15 09:14 PM
    How about the one in the autoloader thread?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.1.2072
    02-25-15 12:14 AM
    It wont help...

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 01:30 AM
    I spent 3 days on the installation of different systems, but there is no effect. I have the same problem! after the first reboot all removed. What to do?
    Q 10 SQN100-3
    02-25-15 01:45 AM
702 ... 2324252627 ...