08-13-15 12:53 AM
702 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    same issue. reboot, then it will wipe everything.
    **unlees**,you use up all your battery life, make you BB turn off by itself, it will **remember**.
    hope it will help someone.
    Are you serious? Is there anyone else know this? Thank you so much for this information!
    02-20-15 08:07 AM
    hi i'm new member and i have q10 003 with blue led update ota 10.3.1.1565 when it reset it format all my data and app nobody can fix this ?
    02-20-15 08:27 AM
    hi i'm new member and i have q10 003 with blue led update ota 10.3.1.1565 when it reset it format all my data and app nobody can fix this ?
    Not as yet, and many have tried.

Just keep an eye on this thread, as soon as a solution is found it will get posted in here for sure.
    phuongvytt likes this.
    02-20-15 08:32 AM
    same issue. reboot, then it will wipe everything.
    **unlees**,you use up all your battery life, make you BB turn off by itself, it will **remember**.
    hope it will help someone.
    Is this true?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 08:45 AM
    You are correct. On the first reboot everything was fine, it remembered.
    On the SECOND reboot, it wiped, it forgot all new messages, apps etc
    02-20-15 09:03 AM
    i did it once by accident, but it works.
    02-20-15 09:14 AM
    Posted by phuongvytt View Post

Okay, folks. WE ARE IN BUSINESS.

If the phones of people who didn't load leaks now have this issue as a result of the OTA update, then Blackberry have to formally address this issue.

To anyone new to this issue as a result of yesterday's update : do not waste hours of your time trying obscure or complicated things. We can now await BlackBerry's official attempt to clean this mess up.

(About that battery rundown - anyone tried it? Does it actually work for more than 3 or 4 restarts?)

P.S. I actually went to look at non-BlackBerry handsets as a result of this garbage, but I'm reluctant to take the plunge. Would be great if they sort this quickly.
    techtechnique and phuongvytt like this.
    02-20-15 09:23 AM
    Can anyone with a Z10 with this issue please take a look at the thread over at Blackberry (https://supportforums.blackberry.com...ighlight/false) and possibly send "Mick" the log files he has requested?
    He has some from a Q10, but it may be helpful to him to have some from other models with the same issue.
    I don't have access to my Z10-Smurf otherwise I'd send them to him!
    02-20-15 10:01 AM
    Kudos to nickanghel who has given his Q10 to the Dev team at BlackBerry for them to work with!
    Awesome stuff!
    02-20-15 10:59 AM
    Yes, thank you for that. You may just have dramatically cut the amount of time it takes to solve this problem.

(Have sent logs to Blackberry Support)
    02-20-15 11:07 AM
    Yes, thank you for that. You may just have dramatically cut the amount of time it takes to solve this problem.

(Have sent logs to Blackberry Support)
    You've got a Z10 right?
    02-20-15 11:11 AM
    i want 10.3
    02-20-15 11:19 AM
    You've got a Z10 right?
    No, it's a Q10 SQN100-3. But I reckoned that the more info they get the quicker this can be fixed.

And many thanks to you too for linking to the Blackberry Support thread. I tried to contact Blackberry UK but ran into a brick wall.....
    techtechnique likes this.
    02-20-15 11:48 AM
    Just leave another comment here, maybe I'm not a Z10-blue-demon-led owner but still, this nonsense error bugs me so much, so kudos to those who do their best trying fixing, and hope BBRY will do sth abt this

Posted via CB10
    gambit09 likes this.
    02-20-15 12:07 PM
    This is BS. Hurry up Blackberry
    02-20-15 02:54 PM
    This is disaster

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 02:58 PM
    any info about our blue led
    02-21-15 10:28 AM
    We're working with the blackberry dev team, please check out the thread link posted a few posts back
    02-21-15 02:54 PM
    We're working with the blackberry dev team, please check out the thread link posted a few posts back
    Great to hear that!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 03:12 PM
    If you have a Z10 experiencing the issues noted in this thread, please go on to the blackberry support forum (link posted earlier in this thread) and read through.. There might be something you can do to help get this fixed sooner!
    02-21-15 03:26 PM
    I did have the issue but not anymore. I am on update 10.3.1.1450 10.3.1.2072. I screwed around with sachesi with the refurbished tag several times and then got it to load 10.3.0.1418 or something like that. and then just recently did a multi SIC wipe. And I don't have the blue led anymore. So somewhere within that process I fixed my device. Sorry I can't be more specific, but there is hope. I have a strong inclination to think this has to do with people getting refurbished devices and something has a flag that a leak will see but old 10.2.1 does not. I think that something isn't getting cleared and something with blackberry protect is re-wiping the devices with blue led on reboot. Maybe they are getting flagged as lost or stolen or something like that. I figure that blackberry will send out kind of like a pre-upgrade patch which will fix the blue led issue and then advise people to upgrade. Maybe link will be updated with this patch. It truly is a weird bug, and without inside knowledge, I am just guessing what happened and what fixed my device. Don't give up yet on your devices.
    02-22-15 09:38 AM
    yeah I just let the date autoset. I am currently in Canada so I have no service currently on my sim. Have straight talk tablet plan sim in it. I did multiple reboots and let the battery die. It seems stable. No Blue LED for over a week now.
    02-22-15 09:42 AM
    yeah it is a t-mobile stl 100-3
    02-22-15 09:43 AM
    Okay - as far as my particular blue LED device is concerned : this does not look good.

Now done two restarts. After the first I actually thought it was going to be OK, as it retained my minor settings changes.
    However after the second restart a few moments ago, it has failed to keep the changes I made last time round.

I will post more detail later as I have to go eat.

As a quick summary :

Q10 SQN100-3 on Vodafone UK.
    Did a cfp nuke-a.
    Autoloaded 10.2.1.1259 (which I found on these excellent forums somewhere).
    Connected via USB to Blackberry Link which informed me I had an update available to 10.3.1.1565.
    Allowed Blackberry Link to do its stuff.

And here I am.

Will do a few more changes and restarts - perhaps my methodology is flawed in some way. Besides this is only ONE device.

Please do not assume this will necessarily be the same for all blue LED devices.
    One other thing is to do a backup and restore first. Try maybe upgrading to the 10.3.0 dev and do a backup
    then restore your backup after upgrading to the next 10.3.0 leak and then try upgrading and doing a backup each step. I finally did a multi wipe after upgrading to 10.3.1.2072 and all is fine for a week now. Even let the battery die. I think it is blackberry protect. One might try doing a remote wipe with blackberry protect to see if that clears the flag that is wiping our devices.
    02-22-15 09:48 AM
    One other thing is to do a backup and restore first. Try maybe upgrading to the 10.3.0 dev and do a backup
    then restore your backup after upgrading to the next 10.3.0 leak and then try upgrading and doing a backup each step. I finally did a multi wipe after upgrading to 10.3.1.2072 and all is fine for a week now. Even let the battery die. I think it is blackberry protect. One might try doing a remote wipe with blackberry protect to see if that clears the flag that is wiping our devices.
    I think I am going to contact blackberry corporate on Monday and see if I can submit a bug report and possible suggestions for a patch. This really is not that complicated of an issue if you actually know what the software does, such as blackberry protect and the refurbishing process and what is actually done during a wipe. They better get on this as everyone is trying to update, not us, regular customers this is something that can kill blackberry as some people will have enough and move on. I wonder if I can submit bug reports online. I am only familiar with open source bug submission really.
    02-22-15 09:55 AM
702 ... 2223242526 ...