08-13-15 12:53 AM
702 1234 ...
tools
    I started this thread because on another board I have been following of people with the SAME problem wanted to throw out a challenge to the techies. So here I am.
    11-18-14 10:05 AM
    Since this may be isolated to T-Mobile, have you tried running the appropriate autoloader without your SIM card in place?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    This is what I was thinking as well

Verizon Z30 running 10.3.1.1016 hybrid on CB10. My boring channel but has cute Frenchie puppy pics
    11-18-14 10:05 AM
    This is what I was thinking as well

Verizon Z30 running 10.3.1.1016 hybrid on CB10. My boring channel but has cute Frenchie puppy pics
    Like I said, I have been there and done that at least 20 times. There are some of us who have been working on this issue since July. We have had time to think of and try everything.
    11-18-14 10:07 AM
    Masterscarhead. I have done that already. Thanks. It is obviously a hardware problem. It looks like you just can't imagine the idea of the problem as you do not have it yourself or have not experienced it. Thanks again for your advice. but I have done that.
    Hello, when you said SIC wipe, do you mean SIC Multiwipe only or SIC Multiwipe n Load? It can always be due to hardware but I think it doesn't hurt to try if you haven't done it yet. Sorry to hear your problem, we also have this happened to several STL 1 users in Indonesia.
    11-18-14 10:08 AM
    Masterscarhead. I have done that already. Thanks. It is obviously a hardware problem. It looks like you just can't imagine the idea of the problem as you do not have it yourself or have not experienced it. Thanks again for your advice. but I have done that.
    You can try to blame it on hardware
    But from a technological standpoint, it will not explain why it is only on 10.3+
    If it were truly hardware, it will be present on all OSes
    Anyways, I'm done here because you think you know more than I can provide, so I see no need to help someone who doesn't want my help
    Blacklatino likes this.
    11-18-14 10:09 AM
    As I can speak for myself only I have even taken the step of getting the phone unlocked. Locked or unlocked it is the same issue. When I say we have tried everything we have literally tried it all. SIC wipe, Nuke, Blitz, Sachesi, DDPD, Darcy's BlackBerry Tool, everything. Sim card out, everything.
    11-18-14 10:10 AM
    One question for those with the problem: Is your phone unlocked?

I have a T-Mobile STL100-3 that I bought on launch day from one of their retail stores. It has never done this, but​ I almost-immediately got the unlock code and used it after buying it.
    This topic came up last night in a chat funny enough. The suggestion from a highly knowledgeable cb contributor was to load 4 or 5 different OS, starting at 10.1.0.x and for each one when loaded run a security wipe, wait for it to complete, reboot one more time, the load the next os (major jumps to 10.1mr, 10.2, 10.2mr, 10.3, even a dev os maybe) so each major version has a chance to wipe and reset its wipe flag. While its time consuming, but could be worth a try to clear out the wipe flag stored in nvram.
    I actually do not want your help you are right. You clearly have no open mind. You cant even pinpoint the obvious and that is we all can seem to revert back to 10.2 with no issue at all. We all can clearly get our phones to work well with any autoloader or update to 10.2 so it isn't like we do not know what we are doing.

You just haven't listened at all mastercarshjead. To me or anyone of the many people with the same exact thread. You seem to only want to blame the user and obviously are disappointed in not being able to comprehend it could be another issue. You just assume it is the user.

I have even told you that the 10.3 SDK works just fine. The SDK 10.3.1 works just fine. We all know how to update our phones.
    11-18-14 10:14 AM
    This topic came up last night in a chat funny enough. The suggestion from a highly knowledgeable cb contributor was to load 4 or 5 different OS, starting at 10.1.0.x and for each one when loaded run a security wipe, wait for it to complete, reboot one more time, the load the next os (major jumps to 10.1mr, 10.2, 10.2mr, 10.3, even a dev os maybe) so each major version has a chance to wipe and reset its wipe flag. While its time consuming, but could be worth a try to clear out the wipe flag stored in nvram.
    11-18-14 10:17 AM
    I actually do not want your help you are right. You clearly have no open mind. You cant even pinpoint the obvious and that is we all can seem to revert back to 10.2 with no issue at all. We all can clearly get our phones to work well with any autoloader or update to 10.2 so it isn't like we do not know what we are doing.

You just haven't listened at all mastercarshjead. To me or anyone of the many people with the same exact thread. You seem to only want to blame the user and obviously are disappointed in not being able to comprehend it could be another issue. You just assume it is the user.

I have even told you that the 10.3 SDK works just fine. The SDK 10.3.1 works just fine. We all know how to update our phones.
    "But from a technological standpoint, it will not explain why it is only on certain OS
    If it were truly hardware, it will be present on all OSes"
    I don't know why you can't accept this, but you just don't get it.
    Yet you're calling me closed minded. It's like the pot calling the kettle black
    Maybe English isn't your first language, but I never blamed user. In fact I gave you many suggestions on what to try, yet you are just frustrated. All I said all along is that it's not a hardware issue, nor is it OS because it is not present for all people.
    All I ever said is that perhaps it's how the OS is delivered, especially when wipe is involved.
    Either way, I'm not going to kill more brain cells arguing with a stubborn guy
    Blacklatino likes this.
    11-18-14 10:17 AM
    Hello, when you said SIC wipe, do you mean SIC Multiwipe only or SIC Multiwipe n Load? It can always be due to hardware but I think it doesn't hurt to try if you haven't done it yet. Sorry to hear your problem, we also have this happened to several STL 1 users in Indonesia.
    SIC Multiwipe only or SIC Multiwipe n Load, Done both
    11-18-14 10:19 AM
    You obviously didn't read Mainleys post above mine. Clearly I am not the only one having this issue. Have you not done a simple search on this subject and seen all of the other users with the same issue? Clearly you think it is the user. I have proven it isn't, so what else could it be BUT hardware.

Thanks to Mainley there is something new to try. Thank you Mainley. Hope it works. I'll keep you posted.
    11-18-14 10:22 AM
    Easy there campers. No need to get all fired up on either end. It's a very odd issue, that's quite hard to believe is real. Doesn't mean it isn't, or that with enough goofy suggestions tossed out, it can't be resolved.
    Blacklatino, NOKJAA and jpvj like this.
    11-18-14 10:23 AM
    You obviously didn't read Mainleys post above mine. Clearly I am not the only one having this issue. Have you not done a simple search on this subject and seen all of the other users with the same issue? Clearly you think it is the user. I have proven it isn't, so what else could it be BUT hardware.

Thanks to Mainley there is something new to try. Thank you Mainley. Hope it works. I'll keep you posted.
    "But from a technological standpoint, it will not explain why it is only on certain OS
    If it were truly hardware, it will be present on all OSes"
    I don't know why you can't accept this, but you just don't get it.
    Do you even understand what nvram is?
    Blacklatino likes this.
    11-18-14 10:23 AM
    Easy there campers. No need to get all fired up on either end. It's a very odd issue, that's quite hard to believe is real. Doesn't mean it isn't, or that with enough goofy suggestions tossed out, it can't be resolved.
    OP somehow thinks I'm pointing my finger at HIM, but I have no idea why
    It's evident that he has little understanding of the system itself or how electronics work, but he refuses to understand it can't be hardware related
    11-18-14 10:25 AM
    It's evident that he has little understanding of the system itself or how electronics work, but he refuses to understand it can't be hardware related
    We don't know what the issue is, so excluding one avenue of explanation at this point is something I wouldn't do, nor would I assume the OP's sex or knowledge.
    11-18-14 10:32 AM
    LOL There he goes again. masterscarhead I thought you were done here?

Bigbadwulf, Thank you we will get it resolved. In fact as "Mainely" stated he ran into some people least night with the SAME problem (or as masterscarhead thinks, - just more people who don't understand their phone" ) He tossed out something that another user tried that may have worked. We are going to try it.

Masterscardshead just doesn't think it can be anything BUT the user when he clearly cant see we all know how to upgrade or down grade just fine. My phone is working great with anything 10.2.1.2102 and below.
    11-18-14 10:36 AM
    May be you should use google to try and find an example of the same issue from another carrier, then come here with your findings. Then you could rule-out this being a T-Mobile issue. If it is a T-Mobile issue then you are probably wasting your time and will have to wait.
    11-18-14 10:36 AM
    May be you should use google to try and find an example of the same issue from another carrier, then come here with your findings. Then you could rule-out this being a T-Mobile issue. If it is a T-Mobile issue then you are probably wasting your time and will have to wait.
    BBfunGuy. Already done that. When I google "q10 wipes upon reboot" the first thing that comes up are people with the SAME issue. Most of them are T-Mobile users however it appears some of them are actually AT&T Users as well. Much fewer but AT&T none the less. Investigated this as well. Thanks!
    11-18-14 10:39 AM
    Wasn't there an earlier conversation about devices being blacklisted? Maybe certain devices from a certain carrier are being blacklisted.

I have all my companies' phones with T-mobile and we have not experienced your problem but our phones started as being bought at AT&T and some on shop blackberry. We don't have any T-mobile bought phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 10:42 AM
    Wasn't there an earlier conversation about devices being blacklisted? Maybe certain devices from a certain carrier are being blacklisted.

I have all my companies' phones with T-mobile and we have not experienced your problem but our phones started as being bought at AT&T and some on shop blackberry. We don't have any T-mobile bought phones.

Posted via CB10
    Well Alberto8, let me ask you this. We can update, downgrade, upgrade anything between 10.0 to 10.2.3175 just fine over and over again. How would Blacklisting affect just 10.3 and above?
    11-18-14 10:47 AM
    So, if I say have the very same issue with my Q5 for any full OS that's 10.3.x.xxxx, will you call me technically challenged?
    Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.634

I think I have enough rep here that you could say: I know what I'm talking about

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-18-14 10:51 AM
    LOL There he goes again. masterscarhead I thought you were done here?

Bigbadwulf, Thank you we will get it resolved. In fact as "Mainely" stated he ran into some people least night with the SAME problem (or as masterscarhead thinks, - just more people who don't understand their phone" ) He tossed out something that another user tried that may have worked. We are going to try it.

Masterscardshead just doesn't think it can be anything BUT the user when he clearly cant see we all know how to upgrade or down grade just fine. My phone is working great with anything 10.2.1.2102 and below.
    Masterscarhead1 is actually quite knowledgable, and his answers are techincally correct. There's nothing that states that this SHOULD be a hardware issue directly.

However, as stated it could be a nvram flag that's been set somehow that simply isn't being cleared properly and 10.3 and newer interprets that flag one way (hey, lets wipe your phone at boot!), and 10.2 interprets it in another way (meh, I'm not touching that). If that flag can't be cleared it may as well be called a hardware issue because there's no way to fix it even though technically it's not.

The fact that DEV OS doesn't do this is a slightly confusing thing. A direct comparison of 2 matching OS might be in order. Like 10.3.1.632 and 10.3.1.634. One is DEV, the other is full and they're technically the same. What's different? What's missing? If I had a phone that was doing this you can be sure I would be looking at every last detail like that.

Ultimately though without access to log files and the proper tools anything we suggest is just a guess at best. A proper repair facility (probably blackberry direct) might have the rights tools to do the job. Who knows, this may be an issue that they're aware of but can't reproduce and would be glad to have a malfunctioning phone in their hands to look at directly.

But all I can say is just keep trying everything and anything you can think of. If there's a solution to be had it could be something obscure.
    BigBadWulf, zephyr613 and dviles like this.
    11-18-14 10:53 AM
    So, if I say have the very same issue with my Q5 for any full OS that's 10.3.x.xxxx, will you call me technically challenged?
    Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.634

I think I have enough rep here that you could say: I know what I'm talking about

Posted via CB10
    Who would call you that? Certainly not me. After reading threads on this exact issue it seems that people with certain Z10's and certain Q10's have this issue so why not a Q5?
    11-18-14 10:53 AM
702 1234 ...