08-13-15 12:53 AM
702 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Looks like the "nasty rumour" about Feb 2015 for 10.3.1 was true....

We're screwed then. Not to put too fine a point on it. Anyone with a blue LED device should go and do something else for a few days....or two months.....

#444 "My memory map is exactly the same as Ofutur. Something I noticed, was that the end of the User space was listed as well beyond what it should have been. To the tune of about 1.5 gigs. OS region is listed farther below at the correct number (sorry don't have numbers in front of me). Do remember that the end number for EmailBOLA was correct at 3A3FF, but for me it's listed as 3FFFF. At 64K per block, that's like 16.5 gigs (easier to remember the Hex, than the Dec). "

Funny you mention this. I noticed when I had "loaded" the 10.3 leaks and backed them up (on the vague chance that one of them might actually work) that they were showing a substantially larger file size than my previous backups. I believe one of them on Sachesi was even around 1.5Gb or more.

So the leaks on blue LED devices are not telling Blackberry Link the correct info re: SR and OS versions, and they seem to be occupying far too much memory.
    Isn't this a clue to anyone out there?

#448 "Because my phone retains what I added prior to the non destructive load when I reboot, compared to losing EVERYTHING if running off a fresh install via destructive auto loader; that makes me believe there's a 2nd partition that the units have which is being accessed or loaded improperly. Also that the apps and settings etc. must be saved to and running in NV/RAM or something as someone mentioned earlier in this thread as well. That makes logical sense as to why info is lost once the device reboots or dies."

Sounds feasible - wonder what we can do about it.

P.S. Very underwhelmed with the Classic. I'm no Spec-chaser but that processor and battery are not going to compete - even for business users - in the current smartphone world. Another opportunity missed, and a real disappointment after the excellent Passport.
    12-17-14 03:47 PM
    Wow, just read through this whole thread. Very tragic ending, seeing that any attempt to resolve this issue is over. I luckily have a Z10 running 10.3.1 pretty perfectly. I wonder what causes some devices to act this way.

Let's hope the issue is resolved once 10.3.1 goes official.

Z10 10.3.1.1016
    12-18-14 01:37 PM
    i have z10 stl100-1 and i just updated it yestreday with Z10_10.3.01.1154_STL100-1 its working nice and smooth awesome easy to install.. buttt... u have to be careful when u installed it and its success from the first screen to start to end then u have to do all setup task they ask from first screen of start dont skip any otherwise device wont get connect with bb link and generate error [device setup incomplete disconnect the device complete the setup and connect it again.. ] and it will be really penic to do if u skip the first screen setup process.. the download link is here what to update the autoloader "https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/vn0m_frOa3FPLoJNoyh7lnSjjychgi2KnTO70UWttl5e" if any query then dont hesitate to ask.
    12-19-14 10:13 AM
    i have z10 stl100-1 and i just updated it yestreday with Z10_10.3.01.1154_STL100-1 its working nice and smooth awesome easy to install.. buttt... u have to be careful when u installed it and its success from the first screen to start to end then u have to do all setup task they ask from first screen of start dont skip any otherwise device wont get connect with bb link and generate error [device setup incomplete disconnect the device complete the setup and connect it again.. ] and it will be really penic to do if u skip the first screen setup process.. the download link is here what to update the autoloader "https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/vn0m_frOa3FPLoJNoyh7lnSjjychgi2KnTO70UWttl5e" if any query then dont hesitate to ask.
    Bud, you're new. Please don't take this as an insult, but you need to spend a lot more time reading, and not dispensing upgrade advice. Your post will help no one on this thread.
    GPuba, jpvj and Wigley458 like this.
    12-19-14 10:16 AM
    Bud, you're new. Please don't take this as an insult, but you need to spend a lot more time reading, and not dispensing upgrade advice. Your post will help no one on this thread.
    Thank God someone said something lol. I was about to pop a Xanax over that last post.
    BigBadWulf, jpvj and techtechnique like this.
    12-19-14 03:39 PM
    Thank God someone said something lol. I was about to pop a Xanax over that last post.
    Don't let me stop you.
    jpvj and SPNKr like this.
    12-19-14 03:43 PM
    Well I have taken to Twitter and hit @BlackberryDev and @BlackberryHelp to see if they will shed any light on this issue. They have already answered back asking questions.

Having done the same to try and get answers before they implemented custom notifications on BB10, I believe that even if they don't answer they are getting the message.

Please be courteous when you tweet them and use the hashtag #BlueLightDemon.
    12-26-14 07:24 PM
    I read some of the post in this thread, not all, so I might have miss a lot. anyway this what I think,
    1) For one reason or another, those devices are not allowed to be updated with nothing other than Original release by Blackberry, I don't think it's a Hardware issue as it's mentioned that they can upgrade from 10.1 to 10.2..
    12-27-14 08:59 AM
    10.3.1949 Won't work. Tried.
    dviles and HawaiiScottO like this.
    12-29-14 04:33 PM
    Same, just tried it myself, still no go.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 05:02 PM
    10.3.1949 Won't work. Tried.
    Nooooooo!

*exits outta CB in discust*

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 10:28 PM
    Will be interesting to see how an official OS differs from these leaks (assuming we do, in fact, receive a working official), and also if leaks subsequent to the official release will load without issue.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 12:07 PM
    I read some of the post in this thread, not all, so I might have miss a lot. anyway this what I think,
    1) For one reason or another, those devices are not allowed to be updated with nothing other than Original release by Blackberry, I don't think it's a Hardware issue as it's mentioned that they can upgrade from 10.1 to 10.2..
    Some devices can run the 10.3.1 leaks just fine though. We have already determined that it isn't a certain carrier's phones. Some Z10s and some Q10s can run leaks, some can't.
    12-30-14 12:28 PM
    I just spent a few hours today trying to create a Frankenstein OS which might get past the blue LED/rewipe issue. Without boring anyone with all the details, it didn't work.

The best I got, similar to a previous poster, was a smooth version of 1154 (minus a few apps I thought might be contributing to the problem). Unfortunately any further attempt to change settings/apps/anything after installing was a waste of time as it continually reverted to its "original" state just after the 1154 leak was installed. Again I noticed that backing up one of these leaked OSs in Sachesi shows a colossal Applications backup file (something like 2.4GB this time). Clues......as Scooby would say.

Finally, a glutton for punishment, I couldn't help but try 1949, despite posters here reporting its lack of success. My device is just the same.

This makes the official update's postponement even more annoying - all of us with blue LED devices will only truly find out where we stand at the next official update. In the meantime I'm no longer looking at any "leak" threads as I am thoroughly p*ssed off......
    12-30-14 06:46 PM
    Just to report that I was too impatient to wait until my carrier eventually spits out a 10.3.1 for my Q10. I did a cfp nuke -a, then autoloaded the Q10 leak of 1949. It's working like a dream - very impressed with it.

Of course, owning a blue LED device, the only way I can use this regularly is to not turn my phone off. I'm hoping Vodafone UK will get the update sometime in February at the latest, and until then I'm going to Flight Mode every bedtime.

For my fellow sufferers, it's an option of sorts......
    01-03-15 04:22 PM
    Just wanted to say thanks for starting this whole thread. I guess I am another one of the "blue light" phone owners. I tried upgrading to 10.3 several months ago and had the resetting issue. I fought with it for several days, doing research and trying everything, along with seeing all the posts explaining how it was somehow my "fault" it wasn't working and finally gave up. Today noticed the 10.3.1.1949 and figured "they" must have fixed the problem by now, so tried again. Same result. Then started searching again and found this thread. So... guess I'll give up for now and see what happens when the official version comes out. Of course, I'm with t-mobile and since they don't support these phones anymore, will be interesting to see if I can get the upgrade through them.

Just fyi... I have: Z10, STL100-3, bought new from T-mobile, not-unlocked, nothing special of fancy done to it.

Aloha..!
    01-04-15 03:39 PM
    One here, too

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 06:17 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dblekberi; 01-06-15 at 06:06 AM.
    01-05-15 06:19 PM
    Did u guys find any solution?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 01:33 PM
    Did u guys find any solution?

Posted via CB10

I think most of us are resigned to waiting for an official update. Lots of people threw in suggestions on this thread and gave it a shot but this appears to be a pretty intractable issue if you've got it. On the bright side, whenever I've returned to a 10.2 OS and used Blackberry Link to do the final update to 10.2.1.3062, the phone has worked fine - despite still exhibiting that blue LED. Hopefully this will prove to be the case with our official 10.3.1 update. Worst case scenario is that there is something inherently different in a blue LED device, which has been corrupted in some way by an attempted leak install. This could cause an issue exclusively with 10.3 OSes. That would not be good...

I've autoloaded 10.3.1.1949 on to my Q10 after a cfp nuke -a operation, and it's working very well indeed. However I can't turn my phone off now or I'll lose everything I've added after the leak install! Flight mode every bedtime and one eye on the battery charge at all times. Not sure if this will be particularly healthy for the battery or the device - if an official OS hasn't appeared by mid-February I may have to do the dreaded roll-back.....

Fingers crossed/glass half-full etc.
    dblekberi likes this.
    01-09-15 07:24 AM
    Since I got my Passport, or the only times it has been turned off was to install a leak.....

I wish you all the best in keeping it on until the official version comes out! Luckily you don't have a Z10 which would make this exercise nearly impossible

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 02:45 PM
    I like many others was having the factory reset issue upon reboot on any 10.3.0 or 10.3.1 leak. I have just now got a stable 10.3.0.1418 install on my troubled Z10 stl-103 T-mobile. This is what I know....

I had installed 10.3.1.1154 the first leak I put on this device as I had just bought it off Ebay and unlocked it. That is when I started getting the factory resets and was like WTF? I am new to BB 10 as I am primarily an android user. I got the Z10 for like 100 bucks and I am intrigued by BB10. Anyways. I then reverted to 10.2.1.3304 or something like that. It worked fine. I think tried the 10.3.1.1949 build ....once again same issues. In the mean time I had played around with the refurbish setting within Sachesi under the Device tab and had put in a refurb date just playing around. I might have done this before I had the Blue LED factory reset issue with 10.3.1.1154. Anyways... I decided I would install the 10.3.0.700 dev build and downloaded it straight from Blackberry. Ran the autoloader..... restored a BB link Backup. and then I downloaded the signed Bar Files from Sachesi for 10.3.0.1418 . I extracted the bars for the apps and installed those. I then installed the radio for 10.3.0.1418 and rebooted. It worked fine and then I decided to take a gamble and install the coreOS bar from 10.3.0.1418 and surprising it booted up fine with all of my apps and settings intact. Not convinced, I then installed some apps and then rebooted. Everything is sticking now.

I am not sure if playing around with the Sachesi refurbished setting might have reset something. Toggling a refurbished date and then removing it? Also maybe installing the known working dev build 10.3.0.700 and then manually flashing with Sachesi the bars from 10.3.0.1418 is what helped it to stick or what. I hope that maybe this might give you some insight. I am not going to press my luck any further as I am happy with this build for now and can wait another month for official release. This might give some hope to the rest of the unlucky ones that have this bizarre error. I really am not sure what I actually did to make it work but that is the best I can remember.

Possibly installing the dev build of 10.3.1 and then manually updating to 10.3.1.1154 will work for someone or possibly the refurbish function in Sachesi might be doing something to correct what is wrong on our devices. Anyways Cheers hope this helps.
    dviles and Canh Duong like this.
    01-12-15 12:50 AM
    Many thanks for taking the time to detail that process.

I'm banking on the rumours about a 10.3.1 official update at the end of this month, or early next, as being correct. Going to stick with Q10 1949 leak until then as it's working very well. Haven't allowed the battery to go below 50% so far, so hopefully I can keep it going for a few weeks.

If the official update shows similar "wipe" shenanigans then I'll definitely be looking in to your method.

Would definitely be interesting if someone else can replicate it, but I've wasted so many hours on this already that I'm not going to do it unless I really have to.....
    01-12-15 02:17 PM
    Many thanks for taking the time to detail that process.

I'm banking on the rumours about a 10.3.1 official update at the end of this month, or early next, as being correct. Going to stick with Q10 1949 leak until then as it's working very well. Haven't allowed the battery to go below 50% so far, so hopefully I can keep it going for a few weeks.

If the official update shows similar "wipe" shenanigans then I'll definitely be looking in to your method.

Would definitely be interesting if someone else can replicate it, but I've wasted so many hours on this already that I'm not going to do it unless I really have to.....
    Yeah I am tempted to try to do the same for the 10.3.1.1949 update but I am scared to as I have wasted a decent amount of time already with this bug, and I am happy with the 10.3.0.1418 build.
    01-12-15 08:26 PM
    Been there with this solution before. The device runs hot. And the battery is toast within hours. Next.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 09:00 PM
702 ... 1718192021 ...