08-13-15 12:53 AM
702 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    3rd reboot, everything was lost. I did everything EXACTLY how you said. Thanks anyway.
    12-03-14 07:52 AM
    Why don't you read the posts from everyone else. Mastercards head. We have all tried that as an option. Where does it end with you? This problem exists with or without your solutions that do not work. I've been there and done exactly this 3 months ago. So have most people on this thread. IT DOES NOT WORK. None of your solutions do. Face it, you just do not have an answer and think it's an easy fix. Tell that to everyone else on the board. Why don't you go ahead and read all 17 pages and tell those people what they are doing wrong. Once again, useless.
    "Do it without wiping" lol, like we haven't tried that months ago. I just have to ask you, how do you not think just because this doesn't exists on 90% of the phones out there, makes ours, our fault for not working at all. We are all kind of tired of your slap in the faces, your solutions are a bother at the most as they have been done months ago.
    12-03-14 07:57 AM
    So no solution as of yet. Thanks anyway
    12-03-14 07:59 AM
    These Blue LED phones are clearly broken. They may be broken in an unusual way but they are broken.

If it is under warranty, get it fixed or exchanged. If it is not, sorry but you have what you have. If updates are important, consider getting a new device.

All of these posts and we have not gotten past the very simple nature of what is going on here.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-03-14 08:56 AM
    Not Mastercarshead, have you read his last post? He just comes back for more of what he thinks is an easy fix. Please make him stop already and top of the morning to you.
    That post was from 11-18.

"Do it without wiping" lol, like we haven't tried that months ago. I just have to ask you, how do you not think just because this doesn't exists on 90% of the phones out there, makes ours, our fault for not working at all. We are all kind of tired of your slap in the faces, your solutions are a bother at the most as they have been done months ago.
    Rough night at the opera? You're quoting and arguing with yourself, LoL. Easy does it
    12-03-14 09:01 AM
    These Blue LED phones are clearly broken. They may be broken in an unusual way but they are broken.

If it is under warranty, get it fixed or exchanged. If it is not, sorry but you have what you have. If updates are important, consider getting a new device.

All of these posts and we have not gotten past the very simple nature of what is going on here.

Posted via CB10
    Yes and no. Until an official 10.3.1 is released for them and fails, officially they work fine. There's nothing to request a warranty for.
    12-03-14 09:04 AM
    A rock Opera no less
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-03-14 10:14 AM
    A rock Opera no less
    What? No YouTube link to Tommy or Queen?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T / Z10 STL100-3 / 10.3.1.1154
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-03-14 10:50 AM
    What? No YouTube link to Tommy or Queen?

The original, accept no substitutes.

ppeters914 and toobs623 like this.
    12-03-14 11:00 AM
    All these people, no solutions? Blackberry user's the smartest on the planet and no solution?
    12-04-14 10:34 AM
    Just go with it, buy another BB (a way to support RIM) or wait till official launch of 10.3.1... BB is famous for its highly insecured devices which haven't being jailbroken or rooted, this make diagnosting more frustruated

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 10:37 AM
    There is a solution, but y'all don't like it.

Stay on an official OS.
    mrfreeze, toobs623 and zephyr613 like this.
    12-04-14 10:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    I still believe the hardware is not defective but the device is in an unsupported state. This might be fixed by the Official 10.3.1 but we won't know until it arrives or a beta tester has opened a ticket with the beta team and a root cause analysis has been completed.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-05-14 02:18 PM
    For anyone still following this, here's an update.......

I was running 10.2.1.3062, official update, and ran Sachesi 2.0 RC. The "Search" told me that 10.3.0.908 was available for my device. I therefore downloaded this inside Sachesi, and put the 10.3.0.908 folder into the "Install" section, where it commenced to install something like 202 bars.

After this installed I added some of my settings (still with it plugged into Sachesi) and tried a restart. The settings remained. I put some more settings in and restarted - these remained too. It transpired that this 10.3.0.908 is from Rogers. I am on Vodafone in the UK. And it appears to work.

As I mentioned in a previous post, when a 10.3 leak appears to be installed properly but subsequently wipes personal settings on restart, I have noticed that in Blackberry Link it displays "Software Release 10.3.1.1154" (can't remember if I've got SRs and OSs mixed up, it's late and I'm very tired) but the "OS Version" ALWAYS displays "No Information" when the blue LED/settings wipe is in force. As of this moment, my phone is showing "Software Release 10.3.0.908" and "OS Version 10.3.0.1418" and it appears to be functional.

Presumably 10.3.0.908 was the next chronological leak detected by Sachesi beyond my official 10.2.1.3062, and for some reason this non-destructive Sachesi update appears to be the first working 10.3 leak on a blue LED phone. Having said that, it's early days, and given what I've been through I fully expect this to go South fairly soon.

One other peculiarity - when I connect to Blackberry Link, it tells me that a Software Update is available - 10.2.1.3062 - despite the fact I am supposedly running 10.3.0.908.

And yes - of course I got greedy, and tried to non-destructively update to 10.3.1.1154, which Sachesi's "Search" function was offering. This resulted in a mess, which I don't want to get into, but I eventually had to cfp nuke -a, autoload a 10.2 leak and then officially update to 10.2.1.3062 in order to get back where I started. I think 1154 might work by this route, but I'd need to do it more slowly and carefully than I attempted earlier today.

So, I really hope this 10.3.0.908 keeps going, as I do like every 10.3 leak I've had a glimpse of (might change my mind if battery life tanks). I'll come back and update what happens next, and if any of my fellow blue LED sufferers want to give it a shot - I hope I remembered what I did correctly and that it "works" for others.....

NOTE: Two potentially significant points : 1. I kept Sachesi running and the phone plugged in during most of this activity, and 2. The first time this was "successful" Sachesi was running on my laptop (32 bit Windows 7) as opposed to all previous attempts which were on my desktop (64 bit Windows 7). Then again, perhaps these things are meaningless.....
    BigBadWulf and mkiiw like this.
    12-05-14 06:31 PM
    For anyone still following this, here's an update.......

I was running 10.2.1.3062, official update, and ran Sachesi 2.0 RC. The "Search" told me that 10.3.0.908 was available for my device. I therefore downloaded this inside Sachesi, and put the 10.3.0.908 folder into the "Install" section, where it commenced to install something like 202 bars.

After this installed I added some of my settings (still with it plugged into Sachesi) and tried a restart. The settings remained. I put some more settings in and restarted - these remained too. It transpired that this 10.3.0.908 is from Rogers. I am on Vodafone in the UK. And it appears to work.

As I mentioned in a previous post, when a 10.3 leak appears to be installed properly but subsequently wipes personal settings on restart, I have noticed that in Blackberry Link it displays "Software Release 10.3.1.1154" (can't remember if I've got SRs and OSs mixed up, it's late and I'm very tired) but the "OS Version" ALWAYS displays "No Information" when the blue LED/settings wipe is in force. As of this moment, my phone is showing "Software Release 10.3.0.908" and "OS Version 10.3.0.1418" and it appears to be functional.

Presumably 10.3.0.908 was the next chronological leak detected by Sachesi beyond my official 10.2.1.3062, and for some reason this non-destructive Sachesi update appears to be the first working 10.3 leak on a blue LED phone. Having said that, it's early days, and given what I've been through I fully expect this to go South fairly soon.

One other peculiarity - when I connect to Blackberry Link, it tells me that a Software Update is available - 10.2.1.3062 - despite the fact I am supposedly running 10.3.0.908.

And yes - of course I got greedy, and tried to non-destructively update to 10.3.1.1154, which Sachesi's "Search" function was offering. This resulted in a mess, which I don't want to get into, but I eventually had to cfp nuke -a, autoload a 10.2 leak and then officially update to 10.2.1.3062 in order to get back where I started. I think 1154 might work by this route, but I'd need to do it more slowly and carefully than I attempted earlier today.

So, I really hope this 10.3.0.908 keeps going, as I do like every 10.3 leak I've had a glimpse of (might change my mind if battery life tanks). I'll come back and update what happens next, and if any of my fellow blue LED sufferers want to give it a shot - I hope I remembered what I did correctly and that it "works" for others.....

NOTE: Two potentially significant points : 1. I kept Sachesi running and the phone plugged in during most of this activity, and 2. The first time this was "successful" Sachesi was running on my laptop (32 bit Windows 7) as opposed to all previous attempts which were on my desktop (64 bit Windows 7). Then again, perhaps these things are meaningless.....
    Great work in documenting and trying everything!

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-05-14 07:42 PM
    The original, accept no substitutes.

Damn! Forgot how good that album is. Thanks!

BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-05-14 08:23 PM
    Hi, I don't need to explain my problem cause I also having z10 stl-100-3 T-mobile, that boots up with blue led .

I think I found "temporary fix for reset on startup".

I am not sure it will work for you ,but no pain giving a try.

Here is what I do:

First : install developer os with auto loader which is available on bb developer site ,and make sure it retain its setting.

Second :I install apps one by one through sachei, don't make big difference between os build and apps version .

and it worked for me and it retain its setting , my suspect is that there is an app that causing os to reset on its own. you can check one by one which app is causing trouble .

but some apps are crashing like video editor and not so stable for daily driver.

If it worked for you message me to how to make it more stable and apps link.

Thank you

Sorry for my bad English cause I am not a native English speaker.
    12-07-14 01:19 AM
    So this is where we are, Thank you all for trying
    12-07-14 09:54 PM
    No fix, but last night I loaded 10.3.1.1554 to the Alternate OS Region with CFP LOAD -Q. I know it was successful because I could do a CFP info and see that it was successfully loading to Region 1. I rebooted a few times. Which was also shown in the number of successful loads. Nothing stuck though. Same problem. Also, the SIM card was showing as Unknown SIM. Wifi worked, but not carrier. Did fine once I loaded to Region 0 (my usual region). Of course same issues.

My memory map is exactly the same as Ofutur. Something I noticed, was that the end of the User space was listed as well beyond what it should have been. To the tune of about 1.5 gigs. OS region is listed farther below at the correct number (sorry don't have numbers in front of me). Do remember that the end number for EmailBOLA was correct at 3A3FF, but for me it's listed as 3FFFF. At 64K per block, that's like 16.5 gigs (easier to remember the Hex, than the Dec).

I'm still going to try a couple of things. Apparently you can force load BLOCKED OSs. Want to try 10.0. Also, 10.2.1.1925 is bugging me. That was one I loaded a while back. And, 10.3.1.632 has the System partition separated. Want to try that again.

CFP ERASE didn't work for me. I tried EmailBOLA's script after checking the numbers, and even tried other sets (just Region 1 and not both for instance). All I got was it wasn't available on a secure device. Will try again after a Nuke to see if it makes a difference. Also did a CFP WIPE, but I've tried that before.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 05:30 PM
    Not sure how useful this will be but there have been a few developments.....

Firstly, I didn't give 10.3.0.908 time to settle in. I chased the 1154 non-destructive update through Sachesi (why shouldn't I? I've been waiting months to see even ONE working leak on my phone). This was quite buggy in a number of ways and I got tired of it VERY quickly. However, I'm not sure the bugs weren't similar to bugs experienced by other Q10 owners without blue LED issues. In short, I think it may be worthwhile for someone with a blue LED device to try this route (see post #439) and give 10.3.0.908 and possibly even 10.3.1.1154 a chance to bed in over several days. But the route outlined in post#439 is the only one out of many tried that appears to produce a functional (maybe) phone. I can't do it for one simple reason - this is my only phone and I have a hell of a lot going on at the moment. I've already had some grief from my phone being out of commission for an hour or more and missing important calls. Sorry but I'm not in a position to continue the major laboratory work.

So something interesting did happen, and of course I wasn't writing down my troubleshooting steps. At a certain point, and I don't recall if I was on 0.908 or 1.1154, I decided I'd had enough and was reverting to 10.2 for the umpteenth time. I did a wipe but it was unlike any I've done before. I used Sachesi's "Wipe" command in the "Device" tab. While this was going on, I noticed the wiping process showed a GREEN blackberry symbol and surrounding line, identical to the blue one seen on 10.3 leaks (it may have been fatigue playing tricks but I don't think so). I think, but can't be sure, that I autoloaded a 10.2 at this point and then did an official update through Blackberry Link to 10.2.1.3062. I didn't notice at first but the blue LED, for a few days, was GONE. It may have been my imagination, but I also thought the OS was running faster than it had for quite a while. Anyway, before I had a chance to post that the blue LED had vanished for some reason, it returned.

Make of all this what you will, but to summarise :

1. There may be a non-destructive update to 10..3.908 on Sachesi 2.0RC which MAY work on blue LED phones if given a few days to settle - see post #439.
    2. It MAY be possible to use this route to install 10.3.1.1154 and give it a few days to settle.
    3. Wiping on Sachesi MAY temporarily reset the issue causing the blue LED.

My own hunch is that there could be some conflict between a Sachesi operation and something on Blackberry Link. I see no obvious reason why this should be a permanent problem - it may require, as a previous poster surmised, some precise and possibly complicated leak install/boot procedure. NOTE: I am in no way intending to criticise Sachesi. I'm extremely grateful that the program exists and I've always been very aware of the words "at your own risk" when it comes to leaks.

Sorry for another "War and Peace" post but I never know when I'll have the time to post properly again. I hope someone can drag something useful out of this.

February for 10.3.1 on Q10 now? Hope that's just a nasty rumour, but from a business point of view I guess it gives people like me on 10.2 time to be tempted to use Christmas gift vouchers on the Classic or Passport.........
    12-09-14 09:46 AM
    Not sure how useful this will be but there have been a few developments.....

Firstly, I didn't give 10.3.0.908 time to settle in. I chased the 1154 non-destructive update through Sachesi (why shouldn't I? I've been waiting months to see even ONE working leak on my phone). This was quite buggy in a number of ways and I got tired of it VERY quickly. However, I'm not sure the bugs weren't similar to bugs experienced by other Q10 owners without blue LED issues. In short, I think it may be worthwhile for someone with a blue LED device to try this route (see post #439) and give 10.3.0.908 and possibly even 10.3.1.1154 a chance to bed in over several days. But the route outlined in post#439 is the only one out of many tried that appears to produce a functional (maybe) phone. I can't do it for one simple reason - this is my only phone and I have a hell of a lot going on at the moment. I've already had some grief from my phone being out of commission for an hour or more and missing important calls. Sorry but I'm not in a position to continue the major laboratory work.

So something interesting did happen, and of course I wasn't writing down my troubleshooting steps. At a certain point, and I don't recall if I was on 0.908 or 1.1154, I decided I'd had enough and was reverting to 10.2 for the umpteenth time. I did a wipe but it was unlike any I've done before. I used Sachesi's "Wipe" command in the "Device" tab. While this was going on, I noticed the wiping process showed a GREEN blackberry symbol and surrounding line, identical to the blue one seen on 10.3 leaks (it may have been fatigue playing tricks but I don't think so). I think, but can't be sure, that I autoloaded a 10.2 at this point and then did an official update through Blackberry Link to 10.2.1.3062. I didn't notice at first but the blue LED, for a few days, was GONE. It may have been my imagination, but I also thought the OS was running faster than it had for quite a while. Anyway, before I had a chance to post that the blue LED had vanished for some reason, it returned.

Make of all this what you will, but to summarise :

1. There may be a non-destructive update to 10..3.908 on Sachesi 2.0RC which MAY work on blue LED phones if given a few days to settle - see post #439.
    2. It MAY be possible to use this route to install 10.3.1.1154 and give it a few days to settle.
    3. Wiping on Sachesi MAY temporarily reset the issue causing the blue LED.

My own hunch is that there could be some conflict between a Sachesi operation and something on Blackberry Link. I see no obvious reason why this should be a permanent problem - it may require, as a previous poster surmised, some precise and possibly complicated leak install/boot procedure. NOTE: I am in no way intending to criticise Sachesi. I'm extremely grateful that the program exists and I've always been very aware of the words "at your own risk" when it comes to leaks.

Sorry for another "War and Peace" post but I never know when I'll have the time to post properly again. I hope someone can drag something useful out of this.

February for 10.3.1 on Q10 now? Hope that's just a nasty rumour, but from a business point of view I guess it gives people like me on 10.2 time to be tempted to use Christmas gift vouchers on the Classic or Passport.........
    Been there, done that. Device is to buggy and some apps, media ect don't work at times. Phone heats up to quickly and so on, Ive tried this route 20 time.

It can not be Sachesi as the auto loader without Sachesi causes the same problem.
    12-10-14 09:06 AM
    No fix, but last night I loaded 10.3.1.1554 to the Alternate OS Region with CFP LOAD -Q. I know it was successful because I could do a CFP info and see that it was successfully loading to Region 1. I rebooted a few times. Which was also shown in the number of successful loads. Nothing stuck though. Same problem. Also, the SIM card was showing as Unknown SIM. Wifi worked, but not carrier. Did fine once I loaded to Region 0 (my usual region). Of course same issues.

My memory map is exactly the same as Ofutur. Something I noticed, was that the end of the User space was listed as well beyond what it should have been. To the tune of about 1.5 gigs. OS region is listed farther below at the correct number (sorry don't have numbers in front of me). Do remember that the end number for EmailBOLA was correct at 3A3FF, but for me it's listed as 3FFFF. At 64K per block, that's like 16.5 gigs (easier to remember the Hex, than the Dec).

I'm still going to try a couple of things. Apparently you can force load BLOCKED OSs. Want to try 10.0. Also, 10.2.1.1925 is bugging me. That was one I loaded a while back. And, 10.3.1.632 has the System partition separated. Want to try that again.

CFP ERASE didn't work for me. I tried EmailBOLA's script after checking the numbers, and even tried other sets (just Region 1 and not both for instance). All I got was it wasn't available on a secure device. Will try again after a Nuke to see if it makes a difference. Also did a CFP WIPE, but I've tried that before.

Posted via CB10
    This post right here, has promise, can you keep trying this route?
    Last edited by Rock Star1; 12-11-14 at 11:10 AM.
    12-10-14 09:08 AM
    Figured I'd chime in. haven't been on the forums in over a month. Glad to see so many people looking at this now. I started the thread Q10's on 10.3 wiping/deleting data after reboot some months ago.

Definitely not user error. From what other forum users have confirmed just to summarize the facts:
    -This is not a T-Mobile specific issue as some have pointed; although many on T-Mo are the main ones affected.
    -Multiple Q10's are affected SQN100-X (Locked and unlocked)
    -Destructive and Non-destructive loads still are yield same results

What I did and still running this way for a couple months now; load all my apps, contacts and settings on 10.2 then do a non destructive load through sachesi. What this did was carry over everything I loaded prior to 10.3.X.X. But anything I add on AFTER the non destructive load gets wiped still if I reboot or battery dies.

Because my phone retains what I added prior to the non destructive load when I reboot, compared to losing EVERYTHING if running off a fresh install via destructive auto loader; that makes me believe there's a 2nd partition that the units have which is being accessed or loaded improperly. Also that the apps and settings etc. must be saved to and running in NV/RAM or something as someone mentioned earlier in this thread as well. That makes logical sense as to why info is lost once the device reboots or dies.

I personally have stopped trying to tinker with the issue but I'm still running with 10.3.1 and hope I never have to reboot or lose power lol. After trying any of the 10.3 leaks, going back to 10.2 is a big hell no! lol
    12-11-14 11:17 PM
    Well looks like we sure are done here. What a Bummer.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 08:53 AM
    Well looks like we sure are done here. What a Bummer.

Posted via CB10
    While I agree that we have exhausted the immediate possibilities BlackBerry, 10.3.1 should be going official fairly soon. At which point you will have more options to explore.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-16-14 11:11 AM
702 ... 1617181920 ...