Where?

No quotes makes this sooooooo
    mrfreeze and zephyr613 like this.
    11-28-14 09:45 AM
    Who?

What?

Where?

No quotes makes this sooooooo
    True Big Bad Wulf, Still learning the forums lol.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-28-14 10:04 AM
    True Big Bad Wulf, Still learning the forums lol.
    I take it you're on a PC. In the pic below, reply gives you a quick reply box from any post, with no quote. Quote gives you a reply box,quoting the post you click it from. The box to the right of that when checked, quotes that post and any others you check, then click quote for the last you want quoted, and the box will open with all those selected, in separate quotes, for individual responses to multiple posts, in one post such as I did above.

If you're not learning, you're not growing, so don't stop asking.
    Attached Thumbnails *SOLVED* [Blue LED 10.3 upgrade issue] Can anyone help fix a re-wiped device?-img_20141128_101735.png  
    11-28-14 10:23 AM
    Didn't think it necessary to quote Wulfie.....

Wish we could multi-quote w/ the CB app.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T / Z10 STL100-3 / 10.3.1.1154
    Rock Star1 likes this.
    11-28-14 02:48 PM
    Only if what I say is truly quotable.

It's not necessary, so long as the post makes sense without, and doesn't cause confusion.

I could probably noodle out a way, if I used the app. Multi-quoting was a big reason I moved to using the desktop view from my phone, many years ago. Couldn't do it from mobile either.
    Rock Star1 and mrfreeze like this.
    11-28-14 03:55 PM
    This might be as horrible idea, however if it runs great with it being a 10.2, how about changing the project name from 10.3 to 10.2 and output an executable file name in Visual C++ 2010 such as 10.1 or 10.2 instead of 10.3? Dumb? lol, I literally can not think of anything else or I have now officially gone mad. Does that even make sense?
    11-28-14 06:14 PM

You can do it

Only if what I say is truly quotable.

It's not necessary, so long as the post makes sense without, and doesn't cause confusion.

I could probably noodle out a way, if I used the app. Multi-quoting was a big reason I moved to using the desktop view from my phone, many years ago. Couldn't do it from mobile either.
    Its just a pain in the but because you have to copy and paste and whatnot.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-28-14 07:05 PM
    This might be as horrible idea, however if it runs great with it being a 10.2, how about changing the project name from 10.3 to 10.2 and output an executable file name in Visual C++ 2010 such as 10.1 or 10.2 instead of 10.3? Dumb? lol, I literally can not think of anything else or I have now officially gone mad. Does that even make sense?
    Any change to the file and it's a fail, unless you have an insider that can sign it for you.

You can do it

Its just a pain in the but because you have to copy and paste and whatnot.

Posted via CB10
    Same torture we used to go through on mobile. I remember there were a few threads, that worked really hinky.
    Rock Star1 likes this.
    11-28-14 08:02 PM
    Hello All,

I've been quietly following this thread for a few days now, being that I too have the same issue. I have a STL100-3 Z10 from T-Mo. The IMEI also starts with 3538 and it is also a refurbished. I have also tried multiple OS autoloaders, Sachesi methods and countless Swipes and factory resets to no avail. I too get the blue light and it wont go away until 3-5 mins after it boots up. There was one time when I dont know what I did but I would reboot it and I was able to keep my downloaded apps and even Snap and those android apps. Now I don't seem to even get that. It is a shame that we can't find a fix for this. Although I did like where we were going with the memory being corrupted somewhere. I have 2GB of memory which could be the issue since someone said those 10.3OS need 3GB.(?) Anywho I would regretably like to go to something stable even if it was 10.2. What OS does stick Rockstar?
    11-28-14 10:36 PM
    Two things:

1) reload device (reset to factory) using Link.
    Does it blue light?
    Send to BlackBerry

2) perform #1. Allow official OTA update to 10.3.
    Does it blue light?
    Send to BlackBerry

In short, send to BlackBerry!

Preferably a corporate customer with premier support, that can demand a true RCA of the problem.

Corporate with support contracts will get an answer. So should sanctioned beta testers.

Getting the device back working means nothing without a true Root Cause Analysis.

They can be done.

;-)

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 11:20 PM
    Two things:

1) reload device (reset to factory) using Link.
    Does it blue light?
    Send to BlackBerry

2) perform #1. Allow official OTA update to 10.3.
    Does it blue light?
    Send to BlackBerry

In short, send to BlackBerry!

Preferably a corporate customer with premier support, that can demand a true RCA of the problem.

Corporate with support contracts will get an answer. So should sanctioned beta testers.

Getting the device back working means nothing without a true Root Cause Analysis.

They can be done.

;-)

Posted via CB10
    A few concerns...

1) The blue light alone is not cause for repair, when the phone functions perfectly on an official OS.

2) There is no official 10.3 OS.

3) Fraud and collusion.

11-28-14 11:41 PM
    A few concerns...

1) The blue light alone is not cause for repair, when the phone functions perfectly on an official OS.

2) There is no official 10.3 OS.

3) Fraud and collusion.

Ah, to clarify, there is no official 10.3 OS for the affected devices, then? If so, ignore above until that is the case.

Posted via CB10
    clie610 and BigBadWulf like this.
    11-28-14 11:49 PM
    All the 10.3 SDK's work. Other than that it's just 10.2 for us with these devices.

This thread is pretty fascinating. Lol. It just keeps going and going. I'm shocked a solution hasn't come up with all of these smart people on this thread.

Posted via CB10
    clie610, Sator, BigBadWulf and 1 others like this.
    11-29-14 12:41 AM
    Doesn't anyone know any boffins at BBHQ that can take a trawl through this thread?
    Rock Star1 likes this.
    11-29-14 04:56 AM
    Doesn't anyone know any boffins at BBHQ that can take a trawl through this thread?
    Dearest  boffin,

Please peruse this thread, and give cause to these stolen OS not successfully installing on certain phones. We demand they work properly, and all phone details can be provided if requested, including pin and IMEI. Stay on official will not be an acceptable response. We demand answers tout suite!

Sincerely,

Just drivin' the getaway car

Dearest Drivin',

Suck eggs, but do please send phone info.

Sincerely,

BlackBerry Boffin

LoL, that's not going to be very productive
    mrfreeze and zephyr613 like this.
    11-29-14 07:43 AM
    Ok, point taken.
    However, the blue led issue has nothing to do with running a leaked 10.3 os.
    11-29-14 01:05 PM
    Ok, point taken.
    Yes, but it is technically not a problem UNTIL you run a 10.3.1 leak.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-29-14 01:24 PM
    Good one Conite

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-29-14 03:03 PM
    Ok, point taken.
    I wish it had been that easy.

Hope you at least appreciated the comedy.
    11-29-14 03:56 PM
    I always do from you.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-29-14 06:07 PM
    "Stolen" is such a harsh term. So much judgment, already built in. We're all just using what we get our grubby mitts on.

Plus, I deny everything. LOL
    11-30-14 12:27 AM
    Doesn't look like any solution will be found is this 400 post thread huh? I figured someone would have an answer by now. Especially Wulf!

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-30-14 01:59 AM
    Doesn't look like any solution will be found is this 400 post thread huh? I figured someone would have an answer by now. Especially Wulf!

Posted via CB10
    I believe once 10.3.1 is official for the devices in question, should they continue to experience the issue, there is no reason an affected device cannot be sent it and officially be diagnosed and fixed.

Until then, it is all conjecture and experimentation.

I wish I had a better answer, but I truly believe the answer lies within the code itself (OS) and an issue with the "flags" being set or not overwritten or cleared as expected in the nvram, per earlier suggestions.

I still hold to the fact that certain nvram chips are misbehaving regardless of what the controller is telling them to do. Unless for some reason the code is excluding these particular devices for some reason, or is failing to execute properly because of said component flaws.

Unless you can find a magic combination of power offs, resets, running oobe, etc, I don't see it happening.

Sorry.

We need 10.3.1 to go Gold and released OTA or via Link for this to be looked at further.

Imho.

And it really stinks. I truly appreciate all the efforts and ideas put forth so far, and I thank the OP for your perseverance despite the obvious frustrations.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-30-14 02:33 AM
    I have said before my friend is beta tester he did update OTA same result
    And he already give feedback in beta zone
    BlackBerry has not answer yet

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and mrfreeze like this.
    11-30-14 04:36 AM
    6:00 am, I was hoping for a miracle this morning
    BigBadWulf likes this.