08-12-15 11:53 PM
702 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    A flash chip will just store data. If a block is damaged, the controller will mark it as such and will reduce the disk size and avoid that block.
    It won't be responsible for this.
    The only reason this would happen is due to something ON the flash chip (data). So, for eg. the NVRAM portion of it that survives nukes.
    ofutur, BigBadWulf, jpvj and 3 others like this.
    11-27-14 04:41 AM
    What does this mean? Your logs showed Success! When you ran it.
    Success only means that the command completed, not that the result will be what you expect. BlackBerry has clearly stated that "erase" should not be used on production devices.

I'm not understanding? Our devices boot with a blue led. It turns off at the end of the boot process. We've never gotten setup, even when new. Are you saying this is normal?

Any version of 10.3, except Dev, won't save anything. Are you saying this is not related to the blue led, and instead it is related to your rebooting problem?
    People with the blue light have an extra value in their NVRAM named "InProduction". That's what turns the light blue. I don't know if CFP can accurately return all the values stored in the nvram but check with a "cfp info" to see if you have something different from another user. The typical values found in this area of the NVRAM are HardwareID, ECID, GUID, etc.
    I imagine that this flag is set once setup has been completed, if you have the hardware ID of a retail device. So something happened while using an early build of 10.3 or 10.3.1 and it's now proving difficult to get rid of it. Playing with the "cfp sethismode" could help if it resets that value.

The fact that an update gets rejected has to do with the booting sequence not completing. I'm thinking problems with an OS region, but it could be NVRAM related. Another value not properly set up which would make the device not pass the final sanity check. Dev OS are not as strict as retail OS.
    69goat likes this.
    11-27-14 06:03 AM
    Excellent. I just love to read posts like this!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 06:27 AM
    So just like in android, when some custom rom is not flashed properly, the internal sd partition gets unformatted, leads to it not being regconized by the rom, so everytime you reset the device, it takes you back to the setup screen, and of course every setting in last turn on is erased. And when you see the internal memory in storage in setting, you will see 0mb of internal storage

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 09:39 AM
    Thank you. Some good info here.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 10:43 AM
    Great stuff. No solution yet though. We out of luck you think?

Posted via CB10
    HarryDragon and Sator like this.
    11-27-14 05:19 PM
    Happy Thanksgiving BlackBerry Fans. Just wanted to throw that in there.

Instead of Turkey, I sure would love a fix on this issue.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-27-14 09:17 PM
    Go to here and pick the autoloader corresponding to your phone. http://developer.blackberry.com/blac...toloaders.html try to download the earliest version for your device. Run sic wipe if you want first. Hope it helps. You may try different versions for your device before giving up, but I can tell you it worked for me. I forgot, this is a developer OS, so you need to install a working OS afterwards, I used Link to put the corresponding OS for my carrier and that is what I'm using now with no problem whatsoever.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 on AT&T
    Last edited by jhirizarry; 11-27-14 at 10:42 PM.
    metrodon likes this.
    11-27-14 10:24 PM
    Thanks for that. I have tried that route at least ten different times. Glad it worked for you however.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 10:55 PM
    But what the heck, I have an hour left at work, I will try it again.
    clie610 and Sator like this.
    11-27-14 11:02 PM
    Happy Thanksgiving y'all! Sorry you have to work rock star

While I can dig you wanting to give it a go, I think we both know the outcome. It will work,things will stick, and you'll be operating on a very limited OS. Like having the greatest song ever written, but only being able to listen to the kazoo version.
    Rock Star1, zephyr613 and jpvj like this.
    11-27-14 11:25 PM
    Did not work, Thanks for the help though
    11-27-14 11:31 PM
    lol, Thanks for the smiles, Happy Thanksgiving my friend. Feel like tossing this thing away. People have some great idea's but nothing seems to work. Very sad. And on a day where I am supposed to be thankful none the less.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-27-14 11:33 PM
    Meh, twas a day to spend with friends and family, think of the year past, and all you have to be grateful for, and what your future may be like in the next. The phone certainly doesn't suck on 10.2, so be thankful it's not broken, and it's almost time to go home.
    Rock Star1 likes this.
    11-27-14 11:46 PM
    I'm just going to wait until 10.3.1 is released officially for my Bluelight Z10, and only start to worry if nothing sticks after that.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-28-14 01:11 AM
    I may have gone home at 10 pm but its 5 am and I'm back. lol
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-28-14 07:06 AM
    Thanks for this thread Rockstar. Wouldn't have gotten the message out, or gotten as many suggestions without it. There have been half a dozen threads over the last few months, that didn't yield much of anything.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and Rock Star1 like this.
    11-28-14 08:41 AM
    Most awesome thread I've been involved with, that didn't resolve the problem presented. Heading towards 400 posts, most of the best of the best hammering out all sorts of knowledge, insights and amusements.
    Rock Star1 likes this.
    11-28-14 08:56 AM
    Since we are all kind of scratching our heads here and the issue of the Sic wipe kind of went sideways, has anyone thought to go "old school"?

Meaning how about trying a complete wipe of said device using BBSAK...

I know I am reaching here, but maybe we are again looking way too deep.

It can be found here (and no, I have no affiliation with them, nor a dog in this fight, just would like to see a resolution to the OP's issue..)

BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife
    Rock Star1 likes this.
    11-28-14 09:17 AM
    Unless I missed a dramatic update, BBSAK is for BBOS only.

Besides, cfp is what would be behind all wiping programs for BB10. Why try any program that simply wraps it in a consumer package?
    toobs623 and wu-wei like this.
    11-28-14 09:22 AM
    Unless I missed a dramatic update, BBSAK is for BBOS only.

Besides, cfp is what would be behind all wiping programs for BB10. Why try any program that simply wraps it in a consumer package?
    Or Not... just trying to think out of the box
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-28-14 09:31 AM
    You are so welcome!
    11-28-14 09:36 AM
    I did good didn't I? lol
    11-28-14 09:37 AM
    Yes, been there, done it
    11-28-14 09:38 AM
    Or Not... just trying to think out of the box
    Out of the box is awesome! Alternate universe, not so much.
    jpvj likes this.
    11-28-14 09:42 AM
702 ... 1314151617 ...