Hello,

Below is the solution if you want gmail aliases to work under the same gmail account.
    Works in 10.2.0.1047

1) Go to your Gmail settings > Accounts > Send mail as: > click edit info - next to the email address eg. name@yourdomainname.com > DESELECT "Treat as an alias" (it appears that you can SELECT it back again after B10 successful set up)

Setting up Blackberry 10
    2) System settings > accounts > Add Accounts > Advanced > IMAP > fill the form:
    Description: any
    Display name: any
    Username: GMAIL user name you use, eg. name@gmail.com
    Email address: Alias name, eg. name@yourdomainname.com
    Password:
    Server Address: imap.gmail.com
    Port: 993
    Encryption: SSL
    SMTP Username: GMAIL user name you use, eg. name@gmail.com
    SMTP Server Address: smtp.gmail.com
    SMTP port: 465
    SMTP Encryption: SSL
    Use push if supported: your choice
    Sync interval: your choice
    Initial Retrieval Amount: your choice

In order to hide duplicate messages in the hub
    3) Blackberry Hub Settings > Hub Management > select off to all your gmail "aliases"
    4) Use the minimum settings for sync interval and retrieval timeframe in order to avoid waste of space with duplicates

Not ideal, but better than nothing.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Miriad; 08-05-13 at 08:55 AM.
    vnbb likes this.
    08-05-13 07:50 AM
    The problem is... you have to create one account for each alias. It would be so much better if BB10 supported aliases out of the box....
    08-05-13 07:57 AM
    Absolutely!!

The problem is... you have to create one account for each alias. It would be so much better if BB10 supported aliases out of the box....
    08-05-13 08:14 AM
    Agree, still can't figure it out, why it is not implemented from the launch.
    08-05-13 08:37 AM
    What is the issue exactly? I use Gmail with my own domain and use catch all aliases. I don't get duplicates, my issue is not seeing emails in labels / folders without using third-party app.

What is the limitation here you're referring to?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 07:13 PM
    I have the same issue: it involves the send-as field in Gmail when you forward multiple emails (eg school and work address) to Gmail and use email aliases to reply from the address mail was sent to.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 07:19 PM
    Hey all,

I hope we're talking about the same problem. I manage many email accounts through Gmail, and unfortunately they don't play nicely with BlackBerry like they do with Android. Check out this image I sent to BlackBerry and let me know if it's the same problem everyone else here is talking about. I made this and sent it to Michael Clewley at BlackBerry and he said he sent it to those who know this stuff better than him. Hope BlackBerry adds this support SOON!

Bigger (easier to read) image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNif93QCQAAXBjE.png:large

Solution for Gmail aliases 10.2 OS-bnif93qcqaaxbje.png

Peter
    08-05-13 08:20 PM
    I think we are using the same system; however, I use forwarding to Gmail instead of retrieving (with pop or imap) but still use accounts (alias and actually sending through other servers) to reply from the respective email account.

This is very important for school emails which are automatically flagged as spam if not sent through the school's Mail servers.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 08:36 PM
    Hey all,

I hope we're talking about the same problem. I manage many email accounts through Gmail, and unfortunately they don't play nicely with BlackBerry like they do with Android. Check out this image I sent to BlackBerry and let me know if it's the same problem everyone else here is talking about. I made this and sent it to Michael Clewley at BlackBerry and he said he sent it to those who know this stuff better than him. Hope BlackBerry adds this support SOON!
    Yes, that's the problem with BlackBerry devices. It's not just for Gmail though. You'll have the same problem with any email provider.
    BlackBerry people don't understand this as they are still living in the enterprise model where each employee has one account. They need to study how people with startups deal with messaging.
    08-06-13 12:31 AM
    Hey all,

Bigger (easier to read) image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNif93QCQAAXBjE.png:large

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BNif93QCQAAXBjE.png 
Views:	1164 
Size:	338.2 KB 
ID:	189777

Peter
    I don't know if your issue is the same as the OP, but your issue doesn't involve aliases (eg. abc@abc.com and zyx@abc.com, not two different accounts altogether as in your case). You are using gmail to become an email client for your other gmail accounts, and you're expecting BB10 to work the same.

What protocol do you expect BB10 to pick up additional accounts through adding your primary account? This is not a standard, this is just a gmail feature. As mentioned in the post before, you can go into gmail settings and check the settings for:
    "When replying to a message:
    Reply from the same address the message was sent to"

You may need to add your other accounts to the "Send mail as" section. Let us know what your current setting is and if this helps.

EDIT: To be clear, are you forwarding your secondary accounts to the primary? Then to be fair, no one is checking the secondary accounts, they are just checked when primary is checked.
    08-06-13 03:25 AM
    I think I understand now. This is not a receiving issue, its a send issue in that you cannot reply from the alias, only the main account. It should be easier for BB to add the option to reply as the sent address, but they won't be able to get a list of possible aliases tied to your gmail account for you to compose with. But I think reply as sent address would be satisfactory to this issue.
    08-06-13 03:37 AM
    With activesync, the can get the list of aliases, but with IMAP I don't mind additional get them to the local account. I just want a drop down to be able to pick who I want to try as.

My PlayBook? Very useful in the shower as a radio and notepad
    08-06-13 09:34 AM
    Hello,

Below is the solution if you want gmail aliases to work under the same gmail account.
    Works in 10.2.0.1047

1) Go to your Gmail settings > Accounts > Send mail as: > click edit info - next to the email address eg. name@yourdomainname.com > DESELECT "Treat as an alias" (it appears that you can SELECT it back again after B10 successful set up)

Setting up Blackberry 10
    2) System settings > accounts > Add Accounts > Advanced > IMAP > fill the form:
    Description: any
    Display name: any
    Username: GMAIL user name you use, eg. name@gmail.com
    Email address: Alias name, eg. name@yourdomainname.com
    Password:
    Server Address: imap.gmail.com
    Port: 993
    Encryption: SSL
    SMTP Username: GMAIL user name you use, eg. name@gmail.com
    SMTP Server Address: smtp.gmail.com
    SMTP port: 465
    SMTP Encryption: SSL
    Use push if supported: your choice
    Sync interval: your choice
    Initial Retrieval Amount: your choice

In order to hide duplicate messages in the hub
    3) Blackberry Hub Settings > Hub Management > select off to all your gmail "aliases"
    4) Use the minimum settings for sync interval and retrieval timeframe in order to avoid waste of space with duplicates

Not ideal, but better than nothing.

Enjoy.
    I tried this,but could not get it to work. I turned alias off and saved it,then tried to set up IMAP as you described. Actually up until I got a replacement Q10 yesterday, I had success with these exact settings except with alias set to on. Currently it says something like "Your imap login IMAP settings have changed or is incorrect".
    03-28-14 08:33 AM
    I know this is an old thread but can anyone be of assistance? I just activated a Q10. I have a main gmail account, its a paid google apps account. I access 5 other emails / domains through this account. The other domains are not hosted under this main gmail account so I know I can manually add the other accounts but I'm hoping there is another option. I have gmail set to treat my other domains so I can reply from the specific email that it was sent to. On my IOS devices you email me at company 2 I will read it on my company 1 email account but my reply to you will be from my company 2 etc. I do use the gmail app on my IOS devices, I know we don't have one at BB so I was hoping there was some work around? I don't really understand the above and removing aliases etc? Was hoping someone could be of assistance.

Also I see my folders here but I'm not sure what to do with those, I checked off sync all folders? Any help from someone that knows google apps would be appreciated.
    01-16-15 06:35 PM
    I am thinking about switching to a Classic and would really love to use my gmail account with alias. The interesting thing is that it worked on earlier software versions. I am at a point where the I am trying to determine what is more valuable; the keyboard or superior integration of email. Any updates on this? Thanks
    05-25-15 04:57 PM
    I am thinking about switching to a Classic and would really love to use my gmail account with alias. The interesting thing is that it worked on earlier software versions. I am at a point where the I am trying to determine what is more valuable; the keyboard or superior integration of email. Any updates on this? Thanks
    What "it" are you referring to, specifically? Sending/receiving mail is not an issue, its generally selecting the alias for outgoing emails rather than your username is the only limitation I'm thinking of.
    05-25-15 07:04 PM
    Sorry,yes I meant using an alias with gmail on my Q10. I was able to respond and send using gmail with my alias on my original Q10 with software 10.2 (as I recall),but lost the ability to use alias with gmail on newer software versions. It is like Blackberry turned it off for some reason. It is close to a deal breaker for me on using a Blackberry. The keyboard is great,but that is it for me. Hoping BlackBerry could remedy,but seems unlikely.
    05-25-15 07:11 PM
    Sorry,yes I meant using an alias with gmail on my Q10. I was able to respond and send using gmail with my alias on my original Q10 with software 10.2 (as I recall),but lost the ability to use alias with gmail on newer software versions. It is like Blackberry turned it off for some reason. It is close to a deal breaker for me on using a Blackberry. The keyboard is great,but that is it for me. Hoping BlackBerry could remedy,but seems unlikely.
    Did you change your gmail account setup along the way? What is the old behaviour vs the new behaviour?
    05-25-15 10:22 PM
    The old behavior was I could set up a gmail account on my q10 with the alias being my business email as the main send and receive address for the Q10. In the new behavior when setting up the gmail account on the q10 it won't allow the alias.
    05-25-15 10:46 PM