Just a thought...
    Remember the social feeds application on the legacy BlackBerry systems?
    I think it would be really cool (and probably a good selling point) if BlackBerry incorporated that directly into the Hub in BB10.
    Obviously, if it was filtered in with all the messages, phone logs, etc., it would get much too crowded. But, if BlackBerry set the Hub up so that you could view a different list filled instead with your Facebook and Twitter feeds (along with others), it would be pretty sweet. Additionally, you'd have the option to post to any of those networks, or any combination at once, using the "compose" feature at the bottom.
    Basically, you know that blue bar at the top left the screen that says "BlackBerry Hub?" I'm envisioning pressing that to reveal a drop down menu allowing you to select "Social Feeds" instead, which would then switch your Hub view to social networking instead of personal messages. You could always set it to default to the Hub view upon exit or device lock. Currently, the blue bar and drop down menu access options already available elsewhere in the Hub settings.
    What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    mufc1, vanthol, rebelrebs and 1 others like this.
    09-11-13 11:15 AM
    Like the idea, I hope they listen about this one 2

Posted via CB10
    vanthol likes this.
    09-11-13 11:19 AM
    On second thought, this could take advantage of the priority contacts option as well.

Posted via CB10
    vanthol likes this.
    09-11-13 11:25 AM
    I much prefer the Hub as a collection of messages directed at me instead of having all entries from social media show up. The Social Feeds app was pretty useful, but with the amount of RSS apps available it would be pretty obsolete for me. If 10.2 brings Hub integration for those RSS apps, the Hub will pretty much do all that Social Feeds did, right?
    Just imagine the Hub containing all your social network news feeds. You would get tons of notifications pushed, with only a small fraction actually being useful to you. And it is really quite easy to send messages to integrated social networks already; jus type Facebook or Twitter on the home screen and the top option would be to update your status.
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 09-11-13 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Spelling.
    habs_fan likes this.
    09-11-13 11:26 AM
    I have it in production already

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 11:55 AM
    Good idea if you have the option to enable/disable it, and if it's enabled, to be able to toggle notifications on/off imo.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 12:52 PM
    I have it in production already

Posted via CB10
    Hey Kris, do you mean it's coming and you have it already, and I mean the social app for BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 02:54 PM
    Kris is making and app like social feeds and releasing it when 10.2 drops.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-11-13 02:56 PM
    Hey Kris, do you mean it's coming and you have it already, and I mean the social app for BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    He's been writing a BB10 "social feeds" app for a few months now. Was waiting for the 10.2 SDK to finalize (if I recall correctly).
    09-11-13 02:57 PM
    He's been writing a BB10 "social feeds" app for a few months now. Was waiting for the 10.2 SDK to finalize (if I recall correctly).
    Yes, and it's getting closer to completion, I'm working hard to have it ready. I won't have time to work on it between the 23rd and 4th since I'm away with work for 2 weeks

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 03:05 PM
    The main thing I miss from Social Feeds is the ability to post to multiple social platforms simultaneously. I know there's apps that perform that function now but why not include that ability in the Hub? It seems that if you can "Share" with these networks from the Hub it shouldn't be hard to build in the ability to post directly.
    vaioman and daizymom like this.
    09-11-13 03:18 PM
    Yes, and it's getting closer to completion, I'm working hard to have it ready. I won't have time to work on it between the 23rd and 4th since I'm away with work for 2 weeks

Posted via CB10
    Awesome!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 06:30 PM
    Another great idea would be 'multiple accounts' capability for both FB and Twitter! Shouldn't have to rely on 3rd party applications for such things when FB and Twitter come loaded out of the gate.
    09-11-13 07:21 PM
    you the man Kris
    09-11-13 08:08 PM
    I miss the Social Feeds app, it was an amazing addition to the BBOS experience

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 07:20 AM
    So hows it going Kris? Can't wait to see your work and to be able to post on multiple platforms at once !

For discussion, there are two apps that can do similar things (to the old social feeds, as far as multi-posting is concerned), Polarbear and Quickpost. Both have their merits but some stuff from the old social feeds is still missing, like posting status update to BBM / Google Talk / Windows Live. One of them still takes you to individual apps to post from ... etc etc.

Like other posters have mentioned here (and in various other similar posts) BB could do this easily themselves by adding adding the choice to select multiple choices at the time of 'compose' from hub.

Its been some time and I have seen many, MANY posts all over the internet for these features, I hope someone somewhere can hear us and help us out.
    10-07-13 02:34 AM
    Good to see you're still working on this idea Kris, can't wait to try it!

Fired from my Z10
    10-07-13 02:36 AM
    I really miss Social Feeds. I used to tweet articles from there and it was the only platform that included bit.ly integration. I hope you will consider adding that feature.
    10-28-13 01:04 PM
    I think it would be better to just add multiple hub's. This way if I use the normal hub I can create another and call it whatever I want and show hide any of the hub message groups. Like Facebook email etc.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 04:48 PM
    The multiple Hubs idea was what I was originally thinking when I started the post.
    For instance:
    At the top of the Hub, there's the blue bar that reads "BlackBerry Hub." When pressed, it activates a drop down menu that shows the folders present in the Hub. But, those folders are all configurable in the Hub Settings, and they can be sorted using the side bar. (I'm aware that the drop down menu has more options than the side bar, and it's slightly faster than going to settings, but, personally, I don't use it, and I'm not sure if many people do.)

My idea was that, instead of showing the folders, the drop down menu should show options for different Hubs. These would include the BlackBerry Hub, a Social Feeds Hub, and perhaps an RSS Reader.
    The BlackBerry Hub could function as it currently does, showing direct messages, emails, texts, etc. The Social Feeds Hub could show tweets, Instagram uploads, and status updates, etc. (Of course, this could work with the priority hub to manage the number of updates.)
    This would not only make social media more efficient to navigate, but would eliminate the need to constantly check apps, and perhaps address BlackBerry's problem with app availability.
    The Hub could always default to the BlackBerry Hub when you left it, and there could be notification options for the separate Hubs. Personally, I would only have notifications on for the BlackBerry Hub, but that's just me.
    The Hub is already unique, and this would take it to a completely different level, setting BB10 way above any other OS and appealing to the more mainstream consumer market.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 07:39 PM