01-08-14 12:10 PM
86 ... 234
tools
    Why would I compromise the functionality? To have a cool Porsche clock, or a slightly different answer/disconnect slider? Pffft.
    wow really? that's all you think the new leaks/updates have? wow. leaks are leaks sure, but functionality is not compromised. at least not for most people.
    01-06-14 01:22 PM
    Not me, still using 10.1 Q10 for ATT...still waiting for official release. Very frustrating.
    stop being frustrated, befriend Sachesi.
    01-06-14 01:22 PM
    Agree that not every Leak/Beta is a must have. However the 10.2.1.1925 is definitely a must .

I was on official 10.2.0.1083 with my Z30, and my colleague convinced me to try this 10.2.1. After used it for about a week now, I would say this is the best best Blackberry 10 OS so far, it beats down any official or beta releases. Battery life is much improved (3~4 day normal usage), much more stable (haven't need to restart my device due to device hang yet), and the compatibility with android app is amazing (With 10.2.0 many sideloads will not work, but with this release, you don't need sideloading anymore, and the best of all, most application works perfectly. Even GPS application like Sygic works perfectly now).
    I don't doubt that you have had great success with v1925; many here have raved about it and I'm glad you are all having a happy experience with it.

I think my point was more about the need ( or, in my case, lack thereof) to constantly tinker with technology instead of being patient and waiting for the OEM to release the official upgrade. I completely understand the mentality of tinkering - I used to do it. Now I don't.

FWIW, my Q5 is at OS 10.2.0.1803, and I am content with what it does. Right now, the battery is at 57% and it was last charged 2.5 days ago. I haven't had any issues with system or app hang, and I can't remember the last time I restarted it.

I always update my phone when a notification arrives, I just can't get excited about "leaks". But it's a lot of fun to read the ecstatic and agonized posts of the members who may very well jump off a cliff if they don't have the latest unofficial software - honestly, it's entertaining as heck. It helps me to maintain a perspective on the priorities of people nowadays.

Now I have to go clear some snow. I've downloaded fuel batch v 2014.2 into my snow blower, hope it doesn't leak!
    Omnitech likes this.
    01-06-14 01:24 PM
    As always, there are some carriers which have a fairly quick approval process. They're the ones who have launched 10.2.1 (or purportedly launched it).
    wait, what? who launched what? NASA?
    01-06-14 01:25 PM
    wow really? that's all you think the new leaks/updates have? wow. leaks are leaks sure, but functionality is not compromised. at least not for most people.
    Not at all. I am fully aware that the leaked OSes have new and improved features. I've also seen a few threads where people have declared problems with their phones after installing a leaked OS. I bought my phone because I need it to call people, and for people to call me. If it doesn't work as advertised, and it's because I modified it with unofficial software, then I am defeating the purpose of owning it.

I could probably go and get a 2014 engine and install it in my 2013 car, and it may or may not benefit me. But if Ford calls me, and says "come to the dealership so we can upgrade your vehicle with an official, sanctioned, new engine - at no charge", I will probably do it.

Until they call, I will carry on with the present engine, and suffer without the incredible advantages that the one-year-newer engines will bring to my life. In the meanwhile, my car works fine. Why would I tamper with it?

Try to understand, I am just offering commentary - a viewpoint. I have no quarrel with people installing leaked software on their Blackberries, knock yourself out. It's good to see people doing interesting things.
    Omnitech likes this.
    01-06-14 01:35 PM
    Not at all. I am fully aware that the leaked OSes have new and improved features. I've also seen a few threads where people have declared problems with their phones after installing a leaked OS. I bought my phone because I need it to call people, and for people to call me. If it doesn't work as advertised, and it's because I modified it with unofficial software, then I am defeating the purpose of owning it.

I could probably go and get a 2014 engine and install it in my 2013 car, and it may or may not benefit me. But if Ford calls me, and says "come to the dealership so we can upgrade your vehicle with an official, sanctioned, new engine - at no charge", I will probably do it.

Until they call, I will carry on with the present engine, and suffer without the incredible advantages that the one-year-newer engines will bring to my life. In the meanwhile, my car works fine. Why would I tamper with it?

Try to understand, I am just offering commentary - a viewpoint. I have no quarrel with people installing leaked software on their Blackberries, knock yourself out. It's good to see people doing interesting things.
    the engine/car analogy was pretty bad, i have to admit. no quarrels either, just getting on you for the fact that you said just two things that you'd benefit from in the leaks, a porsche clock and slider, possibly the most minimal of updates you can find.
    01-06-14 01:45 PM
    the engine/car analogy was pretty bad, i have to admit. no quarrels either, just getting on you for the fact that you said just two things that you'd benefit from in the leaks, a porsche clock and slider, possibly the most minimal of updates you can find.

Whereas I think you have gotten to where you are arguing just to argue.

There is no need to convince everyone to agree with you on everything, and sometimes it's actually kind of annoying, especially when you are basically ridiculing them for having a different set of preferences or priorities than you do.

bfunkera and wcgarette like this.
    01-06-14 10:10 PM

No one on this forum has ever explained there point with such crystal clarity..

Posted via CB10
    wcgarette likes this.
    01-06-14 10:10 PM
    Atleast another 6 weeks of waiting

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 08:52 PM
    Whereas I think you have gotten to where you are arguing just to argue.

There is no need to convince everyone to agree with you on everything, and sometimes it's actually kind of annoying, especially when you are basically ridiculing them for having a different set of preferences or priorities than you do.

i ridiculed for a bad analogy, rightfully so. i'm not trying to convince anyone, just simply stating my opinion. you take it as you like
    01-08-14 12:09 PM
    No one on this forum has ever explained there point with such crystal clarity..

Posted via CB10
    you got some dirt on your goggles.
    01-08-14 12:10 PM
86 ... 234