01-08-14 12:10 PM
86 1234
tools
    Wrong.

Many builds that were initially leaked ended up being official releases on various carriers.
    ok, lemme rephrase for the slower peeps, Leaks (when leaked) AREN'T releases.

still doesn't change the fact that 10.1 is still the only available OS for lots of carriers.
    01-05-14 09:13 PM

still doesn't change the fact that 10.1 is still the only available OS for lots of carriers.
    the fact is only us carrier still 10.1 rest of the world already 10.2

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 09:16 PM
    difference. everyone with a 'modern' i-device will get that update whenever it's released. plenty of people don't have 10.2 officially. oh and leaks aren't releases. you seem to forget all the delays they've 'had' and that 10.3 should have been out by now, imho. The 10.1 MR & 10.2 were almost just patches to the horror that was 10.0 and rightfully released within a years' time because it would have been ridiculous not to do so. still a snail's pace considering the manpower they had & have.
    I disagree with you on the substance of the releases, I think they have been solid worthwhile releases regardless of what the OS started out as. No other manufacturer has had the BlackBerry 10 release cycles with as as many enhancements/features as BlackBerry has. It's truly quote impressive with everything they have done (including a fully hardware accelerated Android runtime environment).

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    anon4287986 likes this.
    01-05-14 09:23 PM

That is not necessarily BlackBerry's fault, and with the SIM swap and Sachesi methods people who want the latest released OSs can get them right now with very little effort w/o having to be spoon fed them by their carrier.

01-05-14 09:25 PM
    the fact is only us carrier still 10.1 rest of the world already 10.2

Posted via CB10
    i got Digicell in Jamaica still at 10.1 (minus those 3 people with official 10.2.1 for some reason), Claro in Panama 10.1, Telenor in Norway still at 10.1 and the list goes on... you were saying?
    01-05-14 09:29 PM
    That is not necessarily BlackBerry's fault, and with the SIM swap and Sachesi methods people who want the latest released OSs can get them right now with very little effort w/o having to be spoon fed them by their carrier.

you know, i keep recommending Sachesi to everyone but people are weary of installing leaks on their phones and i side with them, there have been horror stories you never know what could happen but i feel Sachesi is the safest method, it literally is like you're taking the official OTA update and just downloading it off the 'nets to install into your phone. And that's basically what you're doing with the sim card method it just costs a few bucks. Some people won't budge though.
    Last edited by extisis; 01-05-14 at 09:48 PM.
    01-05-14 09:33 PM
    Hi,

Is the update goes worldwide or just few selected nations?
    01-05-14 09:33 PM
    I disagree with you on the substance of the releases, I think they have been solid worthwhile releases regardless of what the OS started out as. No other manufacturer has had the BlackBerry 10 release cycles with as as many enhancements/features as BlackBerry has. It's truly quote impressive with everything they have done (including a fully hardware accelerated Android runtime environment).

i'm not going to disagree with you on what i've enjoyed throughout the leaks and official updates, i've taken little by little on each improvement (cursor mgmt, txt editing, android runtimes, device monitor app, camera app enhancements, ohhhh and Evernote ) BUT like i've been trying to point out, lots of people aren't experiencing what we're experiencing and are being left out while updates are just being sat on. It's the carriers' fault sure, but they all have contracts with BlackBerry - wouldn't you think they could have and should mend the parts that discuss testing protocol and deadlines? i don't know but in the end BlackBerry is hurting from it. I don't like to use the i-phony as an analogy but, it's like saying everyone has an iPhone5 but only half the world gets the iOS7 update while the other half still uses iOS6. All because carriers are too busy testing? hmm.....
    01-05-14 09:47 PM
    Hi,

Is the update goes worldwide or just few selected nations?
    BlackBerry may announce it worldwide, but individual carriers decide when to release it to their customers.

And, if you're in the U.S., expect those carriers to take anywhere from 3 months to almost a year to release it after the rest of the world already gets it.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 09:50 PM
    BUT like i've been trying to point out, lots of people aren't experiencing what we're experiencing and are being left out while updates are just being sat on. It's the carriers' fault sure, but they all have contracts with BlackBerry - wouldn't you think they could have and should mend the parts that discuss testing protocol and deadlines? i don't know but in the end BlackBerry is hurting from it.

I already addressed the issue of carrier control of updates in another thread you are participating in, with THIS post from earlier today that you already read.

Life is not quite that simple.
    01-05-14 09:51 PM
    you know, i keep recommending Sachesi to everyone but people are weary of installing leaks on their phones and i side with them, there have been horror stories you never know what could happen but i feel Sachesi is the safest method, it literally is like you're taking the official OTA update and just downloading it off the 'nets to install into your phone. And that's basically what you're doing with the sim card method it just costs a few bucks. Some people won't budge though.
    Sachesi does not download and install leaks. It downloads official and approved carrier releases. If you know what you are doing, you can get it to deploy a leak you downloaded separately and fed Sachesi, but otherwise it does not get leaks...

01-05-14 10:13 PM
    I already addressed the issue of carrier control of updates in another thread you are participating in, with THIS post from earlier today that you already read.

Life is not quite that simple.
    doesn't make much of a difference to me, i'm using an official 10.2 on AT&T (.|. to them). life is one thing, this is business. apple doesn't seem to have a problem releasing timely updates to their flock of sheep. anywho like i said, BBRY is still hurting from it. i liked my "iphony" analogy on that. hope you did too.
    01-05-14 10:15 PM
    Sachesi does not download and install leaks. It downloads official and approved carrier releases. If you know what you are doing, you can get it to deploy a leak you downloaded separately and fed Sachesi, but otherwise it does not get leaks...

i know that man. i didn't state that it downloaded nor installed leaks. i mentioned "OTA" update which usually is an official update in my experience.
    01-05-14 10:17 PM
    i know that man. i didn't state that it downloaded nor installed leaks. i mentioned "OTA" update which usually is an official update in my experience.
    You inferred it:
    "i keep recommending Sachesi to everyone but people are weary of installing leaks on their phones and i side with them"

01-05-14 10:28 PM
    Honestly I'm not sure why I'm so anxious about 10.2.1. I have 10.2.0 and it's working perfectly, but for some reason I need 10.1.2. Crazy person.

Posted via CB10
    wcgarette likes this.
    01-05-14 10:40 PM
    You inferred it:
    "i keep recommending Sachesi to everyone but people are weary of installing leaks on their phones and i side with them"

those same people believe that using Sachesi is like loading a leak or beta or whatever. i guess i didn't word it right, but what i was trying to say that i try to convince people to at least use Sachesi and how much safer it is yet they're still weary about it.
    01-05-14 10:56 PM
    Honestly I'm not sure why I'm so anxious about 10.2.1. I have 10.2.0 and it's working perfectly, but for some reason I need 10.1.2. Crazy person.

10.2.1 does have some very nice included goodies.

That said, I'm not quite ready to run the versions currently available as leaks/betas on my daily driver. But the official release should pop very soon, at that point I'll probably do it.

Then I can put 10.3 on my "experimental" device.
    01-06-14 12:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    you can't just throw the word 'perfectly' out like that man. i like your style though.
    01-06-14 01:19 AM
    you can't just throw the word 'perfectly' out like that man.

Why not?

Believe it or not, the shocking reality is that people are actually free to believe that something works "perfectly" for them.

In fact, I'd wager those people are in general, happier than the ones who are always dissatisfied with something.
    extisis and wcgarette like this.
    01-06-14 01:30 AM
    Conclusion: 10.2.1 is right around the corner.

Oh and by the way: CES is this week.

Superfly_FR and steinercat like this.
    01-06-14 02:57 AM
    A million years ago, every new beta release of Win NT was a must-have, my IT guys had me tied up in knots about how we had to be ahead of the other ISPs and keep ourselves and our clients on the bleeding edge.

I can't even guess how many hours of my life were wasted installing, downgrading, troubleshooting, wiping, reloading servers and test boxes. And - in the end - it got me nowhere I wouldn't have been anyway. From my present perspective, it was a big waste of time in the name of tech-enthusiasm. The time would have been better spent using a solid machine that delivered the goods as advertised, instead of battling a half-baked kluge with gremlins lurking within.

Nowadays, my devices run on official releases. I don't see any dramatic advantage in using something the OEM is silent about. In the case of my BB phone, it works. Why would I compromise the functionality? To have a cool Porsche clock, or a slightly different answer/disconnect slider? Pffft.

But I must admit, it's entertaining to read all the posts and arguments about something that is really of no consequence. Makes me feel better about how old I've become.
    Omnitech likes this.
    01-06-14 08:07 AM
    Why not?

Believe it or not, the shocking reality is that people are actually free to believe that something works "perfectly" for them.

In fact, I'd wager those people are in general, happier than the ones who are always dissatisfied with something.

My Z10 is running soooo smoothly, I'd have to say it works perfectly!
    But, then, that raises the question.... What am I doing wrong? What am I missing?
    I suppose I could just accept it and be happy but then I'd have to question my reality and THAT in it self would be shocking.
    In which case, I may be happier being dissatisfied!
    But, dissatisfied with what?
    My Z10 works perfectly!
    Ohh, What to do..... what to do....

Omnitech, extisis, HotFix and 1 others like this.
    01-06-14 08:44 AM
    Not me, still using 10.1 Q10 for ATT...still waiting for official release. Very frustrating.
    01-06-14 10:55 AM
    Don't quote me (this is just an opinion piece) but the likelihood of seeing "BlackBerry 11" instead of "10.3" .. "10.9.x" in the next year is about 1 in 100K. I wouldn't stake my job on it, but there is no reason for them to make such a massive jump in version numbers. It's more likely that we'll end up seeing something like 10.3 (and subsequently 10.3.1 ... 10.3.2 ... etc) and possibly 10.4 throughout, and by the end of 2014.

As always, there are some carriers which have a fairly quick approval process. They're the ones who have launched 10.2.1 (or purportedly launched it). I think there are enough changes from 10.2.0 to 10.2.1 that a number of carriers are treating this as a full re-test/re-approve, rather than a maintenance update and why we've yet to see it hit anyone in the UK/Canada (and the US...well...that's another story).

Either way you look at it, there has been no official word on release dates, or new API's (hint toward a version jump) though I suspect that if we were to hear anything it might very well come during this week at CES as it is a great platform for "what's coming" with most companies.

Thanks,

--
    young_adam
    01-06-14 12:07 PM
    A million years ago, every new beta release of Win NT was a must-have, my IT guys had me tied up in knots about how we had to be ahead of the other ISPs and keep ourselves and our clients on the bleeding edge.

I can't even guess how many hours of my life were wasted installing, downgrading, troubleshooting, wiping, reloading servers and test boxes. And - in the end - it got me nowhere I wouldn't have been anyway. From my present perspective, it was a big waste of time in the name of tech-enthusiasm. The time would have been better spent using a solid machine that delivered the goods as advertised, instead of battling a half-baked kluge with gremlins lurking within.

Nowadays, my devices run on official releases. I don't see any dramatic advantage in using something the OEM is silent about. In the case of my BB phone, it works. Why would I compromise the functionality? To have a cool Porsche clock, or a slightly different answer/disconnect slider? Pffft.

But I must admit, it's entertaining to read all the posts and arguments about something that is really of no consequence. Makes me feel better about how old I've become.
    Agree that not every Leak/Beta is a must have. However the 10.2.1.1925 is definitely a must .

I was on official 10.2.0.1083 with my Z30, and my colleague convinced me to try this 10.2.1. After used it for about a week now, I would say this is the best best Blackberry 10 OS so far, it beats down any official or beta releases. Battery life is much improved (3~4 day normal usage), much more stable (haven't need to restart my device due to device hang yet), and the compatibility with android app is amazing (With 10.2.0 many sideloads will not work, but with this release, you don't need sideloading anymore, and the best of all, most application works perfectly. Even GPS application like Sygic works perfectly now).
    01-06-14 12:47 PM
86 1234