What I never get tired of, and why I love CrackBerry so much, is the passion, no matter how it's expressed. All opinion, when posted within the rules and guidelines are valid. Whether I agree or not with what they say, it all adds value to the site. Read what pleases you, and skim over that which annoys. There's so much better to do, than get riled up over smartphone talk.
    Screw your passion, give me 10.3.3 NOW!

I know you have it
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-24-16 05:53 PM
    This is, hands down, the BEST OS. You love it or you wouldn't use it. If you don't like it, go back to wherever you jumped ship from. You have no loyalty to the brand, you are immature in your reality of what the phone and OS is, does, is securely capable of facilitating. I'm tired of your Whining!!!
    To clarify, this = BB10. Yes, it is the best mobile OS. That's why after a tour of other ecosystems I'm back and using a Q10 with 10.3.2.

Much of the angst you refer to is the result of watching a CEO of questionable competence destroy this excellent product.

Now if you're talking about the Priv and the Chendroid OS, that probably doesn't crack the top 10 of android devices out there.
    markmall likes this.
    06-26-16 04:22 PM
    No Complain at all, Blackberry is one and only
    people's definition about success are different.
    06-28-16 02:11 AM
    I LOVE my passport. Ppl love it when they see me with it lol. I also love my PRIV. Ppl just love thinking it's a full touch until I SLIDE that joint up to reveal that Keyboard! Hoes love my BlackBerry lol. I love standing out

4EVER #TeamBlackberry

BBM: 5BF018C8 CHANNEL: C00121E43
    Instagram: iinkmywholebodiie
    06-28-16 04:11 AM
    Ever since my comments on this thread, t-mobile did push out the MM update, the first week of it was horrible.
    But it definitely got better, now my battery is doing great , less glitches, so I sold the nexus 6 that I bought
    07-10-16 10:29 PM
    I am so tired of reading, on Crackberry of all places, all of the negative and petty comments about BlackBerry, about the current status, about leaks, about updates, and about the future.

If you don't like it, leave!!

This is, hands down, the BEST OS. You love it or you wouldn't use it. If you don't like it, go back to wherever you jumped ship from. You have no loyalty to the brand, you are immature in your reality of what the phone and OS is, does, is securely capable of facilitating. I'm tired of your Whining!!!

If you can't appreciate the product, and expect, like Apple or Samsung, to produce a new phone every year, you should definitely go Android or Apple and spend your life being manipulated by that philosophy. It's apparent that they are all only interested in your wallet, and not a good stable cost effective product.

I could Rant all day about how tired I am, but instead I am just. Wishing that you would all either grow up, or leave!!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, so complaining about the complaining.... lol

 Passport/SQW100-3  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    07-26-16 09:28 AM
    After the Motorola Bag Phone, I went to the Storm, then Storm2, Bold 9700 to BB10 and the Z30, it has been a great phone, no complaints
    There is enough apps for my use and when the phone dies I will look around, till then complainers rant away. Im not listening.

 Pr1ngle
    07-26-16 10:05 AM
    Just say that they releasing YET another Android device, and the constant updates to the Prive makes me also want to moan...

I'm sorry, but the complaints will come from me as I felt let down my the mobile OS's out there. I'm now left with only 3 options... of ALL the devices out there, I'm now left with just THREE. All of which I might add DOES not fit my need!

What does this mean?
    Well, it just means that I would have to re-evaluate my needs and chose a device that meets that. The OS is already a given as it will be an Android, as I don't like the lock down imposed by Apple. But, sadly, when I do make the switch to Android it will not be a BlackBerry powered Android device, as if I'm going to go Android.. I may as well go full monty rather than this hybrid wannabe BlackBerry / Android interface!

It's either one or the other, and for me that was BlackBerry. But now that that choice is slowly being taken from me, then it will be for a full fledged Android device.. like a Samsung or Sony!

Thankfully, that won't be for now as there still life in my classic... only just.. but it still beats and remains to full fill my needs. Whether it will in a couple of years / months as updates come forth or not.. only time will tell. :-(

As said, Al that's clear for me is that I will have to move on soon... when?.. not yet clear. :-(

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    07-26-16 11:30 AM
    Complaining people because OS10's capabilities are wasted by neglect from Blackberry. No software updates, no app support from developers. What is left?! I don't like it, but this is the reality at the moment.
    07-31-16 07:39 AM
    See, here us where your whole argument falls apart.

It's not working, it hasn't worked, its almost destroyed the company.

Consumers don't want it, businesses don't want it.

You might say we're stuck in an apple and Samsung mentality, but guess what? They've been successful.

So rant and moan all you want, your beloved OS is dead. It happens all the time. (I miss symbian and MeeGo for example, they were better than BB10 too)

Posted via a Priv on an NDA protected software version.
    Here is where your argument falls apart. Hes not complaining about it. He likes it as it is. Hes tired of the rest of you complaining and suggesting if you don't like it, get what you want and leave here. I happen to agree that bb10 is pretty much done. I liked it but had to move on. With that said I'm not in here complaining every dadgum day and telling people to buy an iPhone or an (insert android here). He has a very valid point. The venom spewed in these forums is past the point of bad. I joined here when I got my first BlackBerry, a z10, to learn how to use it because I'd always used androids. I'm still here because even though I'm back on android it's still a BLACKBERRY. So taking his comment and turning it into another venomous comment about his beloved os being dead missed the point. I think he was referring to the hatred of anything BlackBerry in general. If ya don't like it you are free to have your opinion but we don't need it here. in short, in many ways your comment is exactly what he's talking about

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    moyah8 likes this.
    07-31-16 09:13 AM
    Complaining people because OS10's capabilities are wasted by neglect from Blackberry. No software updates, no app support from developers. What is left?! I don't like it, but this is the reality at the moment.
    No app support from developers? So you mean I'm getting fake updates through BlackBerry World? Sure, there are not that many devs left but the ones that are still around do update and support their apps. And some of them are big names in our community (SuperTube and iGrann Pro, for example).

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    07-31-16 04:13 PM
    No app support from developers? So you mean I'm getting fake updates through BlackBerry World? Sure, there are not that many devs left but the ones that are still around do update and support their apps. And some of them are big names in our community (SuperTube and iGrann Pro, for example).

Yea great there are still a couple, but Im talking about the general state of updates and they are seriously lacking this is not anything new really.
    08-03-16 07:19 AM
    Yea great there are still a couple, but Im talking about the general state of updates and they are seriously lacking this is not anything new really.
    You have apps that need updated?
    08-03-16 07:33 AM
    Depends on what you have installed. I had a bunch of updates through BlackBerry World last week (and at least one during other weeks) so there are multiple devs active still. I find it insulting to them when someone says there are none left. They deserve a lot of praise for not giving up on us and our platform.

BigBadWulf and elfabio80 like this.
    08-03-16 01:57 PM
    BB10 will live on I think. Heck, earlier in the day my friend from work texted me telling me how he went back to his Z30. This man use to be a diehard Android user.

Attachment 401956

Posted via CB10
    I read your message thread with your buddy. Someone had a great idea. Revamp BB10 with a new OS release. This management would never do it, but the right management would.

It would mean actually marketing.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 01:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    They already have their hands full with the Android side of the table!

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    08-07-16 02:07 PM
    I read your message thread with your buddy. Someone had a great idea. Revamp BB10 with a new OS release. This management would never do it, but the right management would.

Posted via CB10
    What money do they do this with? Nobody answers this question. Supporting BB10 is a money pit that no company in the industry wanted 3 years ago let alone now. The only reason the company exists now is that Fairfax put up money and management to protect the investment.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-07-16 02:18 PM
    What money do they do this with? Nobody answers this question. Supporting BB10 is a money pit that no company in the industry wanted 3 years ago let alone now. The only reason the company exists now is that Fairfax put up money and management to protect the investment.

Did I say that BlackBerry should turn into a charity? It's all about making money whether it's Prem's money, small shareholders' money or a combination of the two.

How much money are they making now? Are their revenues dropping off a cliff? How will they ever make real money without revenues?

If Prem woke up one morning with an epiphany, he might greenlight releasing BB11. They have enough cash now. Or the Board could raise more debt and use it on their core business instead of trying to buy their way out with little startups.

When revenues start approaching zero, it won't matter how much Chen cuts costs.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 07:27 PM
    Did I say that BlackBerry should turn into a charity? It's all about making money whether it's Prem's money, small shareholders' money or a combination of the two.

How much money are they making now? Are their revenues dropping off a cliff? How will they ever make real money without revenues?

If Prem woke up one morning with an epiphany, he might greenlight releasing BB11. They have enough cash now. Or the Board could raise more debt and use it on their core business instead of trying to buy their way out with little startups.

Posted via CB10
    Revenues are not and will not approach zero. Positive cash flow and profitability is all Street cares about. No business modeling shows BB10 successful. Blackberry doesn't have the cash to market or support BB10 or BB11. Apple with it's own balance sheet couldn't fix BB10 or a BB11.

08-07-16 08:29 PM
    Revenues are not and will not approach zero. Positive cash flow and profitability is all Street cares about. No business modeling shows BB10 successful. Blackberry doesn't have the cash to market or support BB10 or BB11. Apple with it's own balance sheet couldn't fix BB10 or a BB11.

What sort of business modeling are you talking about? I think you are misusing the term.

Apple easily has the cash to support and market BB10 -- about 100 times over.
    08-07-16 10:24 PM
    What sort of business modeling are you talking about? I think you are misusing the term.

The data is a year and a half old, but this paints the picture of what kind of investment would be required, for a third platform to become a viable competitor vs iOS and Android. Best guess from my observation, you can damn near double the capital, in order to motivate all those reluctant at this point to support a third system. I believe BB10 is the best OS, but even if combined with the best hardware, and at a lower price than any comparable phone, the best marketing in the world cannot overcome lacking what consumers want in an ecosystem.
    Laura Knotek and DrBoomBotz like this.
    08-07-16 11:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    BB10 doesn't need to make money per se if it was community-driven (i.e. developed by independent devs - note that that's NOT the same as open source!). That way, we could continue to use our awesome OS with more updates; no Chen, no waiting for sales to pick up, etc.

Note that I'm talking about the consumer side; the business side will not like this approach but Chen could keep a separate business version of BB10 for them.

08-07-16 11:50 PM
    The data is a year and a half old, but this paints the picture of what kind of investment would be required, for a third platform to become a viable competitor vs iOS and Android. Best guess from my observation, you can damn near double the capital, in order to motivate all those reluctant at this point to support a third system. I believe BB10 is the best OS, but even if combined with the best hardware, and at a lower price than any comparable phone, the best marketing in the world cannot overcome lacking what consumers want in an ecosystem.
    I thought that Blackberry was no longer interested in selling to consumers. So no problem!

I don't know what numbers I was supposed to pick out of that article but I do not agree that Blackberry would need an ecosystem anything like the Playtore or the Apple store. I don't think it needs much at all except Docstogo, a music player and a browser. The target market would know that it's not getting the latest apps and can live with it.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-16 12:46 AM
    I thought that Blackberry was no longer interested in selling to consumers. So no problem!

I don't know what numbers I was supposed to pick out of that article but I do not agree that Blackberry would need an ecosystem anything like the Playtore or the Apple store. I don't think it needs much at all except Docstogo, a music player and a browser. The target market would know that it's not getting the latest apps and can live with it.

Posted via CB10
    It already had that and BlackBerry could never make show positive cash flow let alone profits since 2013. The infrastructure to support BB10 is too expensive for even minimal levels. Your strategy is basically what TH was doing that burned up all BlackBerry's cash and they flirted with bankruptcy. The board and Fairfax brought in JC to do exactly the opposite.

BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-08-16 06:01 AM

Only if they dumped IOS because the marketplace only has room for two major players as decided by the end users. Microsoft has the cash you need and the scale plus a widely accepted OS just not mobile app based and how's that gone for them?

BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-08-16 06:04 AM
104 12345