08-16-16 08:12 AM
104 1234 ...
tools
    @OP. Threads complaining about those complaining never end well. The site has always had members that complain or give their opinion. Here's a few that were major topics for many on here:

the Storm
    the infamous OS Hybrids for Cash- LOL, HybridGate
    no theme maker for OS7 devices
    minimal apps for OS7 devices
    BB10 delay(s)
    the Playbook(s)
    Marketing
    Anyway, the list goes on and on. It has always amazes me how we- as members "turn" on each other and mention things like "brand loyalty" as possibly one of the causes for RIMs BlackBerries' decline......instead of holding BlackBerry responsible for their own actions/ decisions or lack thereof. Based on the sales numbers for the BB10 devices, partnering with Android was the only option. So, call crapola when Chen says no one thought about the Priv being overpriced prior to the launch. That should have been a top priority instead of being overly concerned about OS leaks........well, I'll stop. I as well as many others want BlackBerry to succeed- without their costly mistakes continually and "historically" being repeated.
    04-18-16 01:12 AM
    I don't want to see it dead. But I would rather blackberry focus elsewhere if it can't figure out how to build it out.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Yes agree with you .
    04-18-16 04:19 AM
    Wait until you need (or depend) on some apps that is no more on BB world or supported via snap or never was there ! I like my Q10 just now is not main phone.
    And all my phones run "flawlessly" that is not point , point is support .
    Barbareren likes this.
    04-18-16 05:28 AM
    Most people ranting and complaining about those who rant plain and simply need to hakuna your tatas.

I'm personally here to check if there are any leaks to install so I can make the most out of my Z30 while I wait for the iPhone 7 to be released. I also try to have some fun. We're discussing mobile phones for Christ's sake.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 10:59 AM
    Anyway, the list goes on and on. It has always amazes me how we- as members "turn" on each other and mention things like "brand loyalty" as possibly one of the causes for RIMs BlackBerries' decline.....
    Or how about this one? -- the folks on here that used to blame the people buying the devices and settling for BlackBerry's "mediocrity" as being the cause of the issues. Like ... if we all protested and quit buying any new BB phones, BB would then magically address all their issues and become competitive. Lol. We were "enabling" their dithering about. Ha.
    Blacklatino and kbz1960 like this.
    04-19-16 02:27 PM
    This is hilarious! To add to all that I have said, everyone that disagreed with anything that I said is wrong, and everyone that agreed is wise beyond their years!! I'd rather pass my time in sometimes quiet anticipation, as opposed to doing the "Moe, Larry, Curly" (and if you don't know what that is then you can reduce a good percentage of your Whining time by finding out just how silly you are) about the next leak, and whether they'll get it right, "by me", this time.

Everybody does not want the "cheat codes" for the benefit of making sure everybody else knows that they are at the latest leak. Some of us appreciate the progress of BlackBerry, in addressing the issues we have found in testing the pre-production leaks. None of us is employed as such, and those of us who are don't need Crackberry to submit feedback about the same, so then what are we doing?

There is clearly a difference in providing results of testing, feature requests, compatibility issues, and complaining about what the device/os will not do "like Android/Apple/Samsung/etc". I had some extra time today, we'll actually not, so I'm just adding my "two-cents" again, and it does pass the time, and clearly has as much merit as anything else that is said.

I'm attaching a picture of my first device, which I still have, and I'm realizing how my needs and my life have changed since my first PIM, and really that's all that my current device is. I'm so used to doing things the BlackBerry way that everything else is confusing and frustrating, but clearly we have come a long ways, are still very good at what we do, and have great products.
    So tired of the complaining!!-img_20160408_083723.jpg

I'm just saying!

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails So tired of the complaining!!-img_20160407_185928.jpg  
    BigBadWulf and Blacklatino like this.
    04-19-16 03:02 PM
    Oops, maybe that wasn't it!
    So tired of the complaining!!-img_20160408_083723.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 03:04 PM
    *are* wise....

Everyone (suggesting plural)
    Is (suggesting singular)

Given the actual sentence was identifying wisdom, it does invite such a comment.
    Last edited by magicdesign; 04-19-16 at 03:56 PM.
    04-19-16 03:30 PM
    Yes, both of you!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 03:33 PM
    It seems most are saying that you need to suck it up. I would say that there is a bigger universe out there to talk about BlackBerry. As you suggested that people should just move to an Apple or an Android device, maybe you need to consider another BlackBerry forum site to visit.
    DLewis13 likes this.
    04-19-16 07:28 PM
    What I never get tired of, and why I love CrackBerry so much, is the passion, no matter how it's expressed. All opinion, when posted within the rules and guidelines are valid. Whether I agree or not with what they say, it all adds value to the site. Read what pleases you, and skim over that which annoys. There's so much better to do, than get riled up over smartphone talk.
    04-19-16 11:17 PM
    I'm right there with you but this is the curse of 'public places'. Trolling is every where. Every post made here, maybe somewhere in the first five comments, a chance of relevant help. Then off goes the thread filled with what seems to be people who really have nothing better to do then agitate. It does get frustrating!

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 09:57 AM
    I still use my Nokia e72 and the q10 as daily drivers.

Battery lifetime is comparable on both devices, but lately my network seems to be punishing me for my old inefficient radio, cause I get less usable radio resources: high latencies, up to minute-long lag, etc, while on the q10 with more modern radio even on hspa networks performance is much more stable. This happens both on good and bad SNR on eplus/o2 in Germany.

I am not sure it's coincidence, but it has led me to use my e72 for calling (both via normal voice service and voip) and maps (Nokia maps is still the best out there imo) while I do mail, calendar, Web, ssh on the q10, which has better keyboard (both due to size and curved keys) and It's nice to have a slightly bigger screen, too, esp. For Web and ssh.

From a usability point of view I prefer the e72, while I could imagine a classic would have a chance to top it, haven't tried yet. Selecting text on the touchscreen is too difficult for me. That special cursor thing is unusable imo.
    Also, why isn't there a keyboard shortcut like h for hanging up a call? There are enough unused keys and this is an obvious and frequent use case. I like pressing spacebar to scroll down one page without having to swipe around, though I really don't need the time-wasting animation that comes with this

I don't have any need for android software apart from a single transport routing app that I use at least twice per day. Incidentally it works better than anything I've tried to run on my desktop computer where I would have preferred to run it, but it's simpler on the q10 cause that's what this phone has been built to run.

I don't use messaging apps (apart from irc via ssh) because I'm fed up with changing all my contacts over from one hipster service to an other (I used to in the past, even with multimessengers and all the craze, but it's just too much of a waste of time). The more IT competence I acquired and the more technical solutions I've used the more I get to value personal interaction so nowadays I just call people or meet in person instead of using time-wasting social apps. Everyone is still able to reach me via the same mail address as 20 years ago, my old phone number gets forwarded, but I will never install whatsap or other hipster crap designed to waste my time and replace perfectly working standardized infrastructure.

I also never liked google trying to creep into every part of my life, for me the lack of Google software by default and a more secure system than symbian were partly responsible for my decision to buy this phone.

Many people care about the looks of their tech gear, I care about getting jobs done and having to spend as little time on this ****ty small screen and ****ty (though best in the world) phone keyboard.

Also many people use their phone as a fun free-time activity. If you are such a person I am honestly sad for you.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 08:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 12:47 PM
    I still use my Nokia e72 and the q10 as daily drivers.

Battery lifetime is comparable on both devices, but lately my network seems to be punishing me for my old inefficient radio, cause I get less usable radio resources: high latencies, up to minute-long lag, etc, while on the q10 with more modern radio even on hspa networks performance is much more stable. This happens both on good and bad SNR on eplus/o2 in Germany.

I am not sure it's coincidence, but it has led me to use my e72 for calling (both via normal voice service and voip) and maps (Nokia maps is still the best out there imo) while I do mail, calendar, Web, ssh on the q10, which has better keyboard (both due to size and curved keys) and It's nice to have a slightly bigger screen, too, esp. For Web and ssh.

From a usability point of view I prefer the e72, while I could imagine a classic would have a chance to top it, haven't tried yet. Selecting text on the touchscreen is too difficult for me. That special cursor thing is unusable imo.
    Also, why isn't there a keyboard shortcut like h for hanging up a call? There are enough unused keys and this is an obvious and frequent use case. I like pressing spacebar to scroll down one page without having to swipe around, though I really don't need the time-wasting animation that comes with this

I don't have any need for android software apart from a single transport routing app that I use at least twice per day. Incidentally it works better than anything I've tried to run on my desktop computer where I would have preferred to run it, but it's simpler on the q10 cause that's what this phone has been built to run.

I don't use messaging apps (apart from irc via ssh) because I'm fed up with changing all my contacts over from one hipster service to an other (I used to in the past, even with multimessengers and all the craze, but it's just too much of a waste of time). The more IT competence I acquired and the more technical solutions I've used the more I get to value personal interaction so nowadays I just call people or meet in person instead of using time-wasting social apps. Everyone is still able to reach me via the same mail address as 20 years ago, my old phone number gets forwarded, but I will never install whatsap or other hipster crap designed to waste my time and replace perfectly working standardized infrastructure.

I also never liked google trying to creep into every part of my life, for me the lack of Google software by default and a more secure system than symbian were partly responsible for my decision to buy this phone.

Many people care about the looks of their tech gear, I care about getting jobs done and having to spend as little time on this ****ty small screen and ****ty (though best in the world) phone keyboard.

Also many people use their phone as a fun free-time activity. If you are such a person I am honestly sad for you.

Posted via CB10
    Did I just miss the relevance here, or as the Chaplain suggested, I just need to "Suck it up"?

I still check the Forum everyday, but I guess since a production10.3.3.xxxx hasn't been released, it seems that things have settled down (except the "Dweeb" that just complained about the dev os?)

Here's to hoping that BlackBerry hardware running BlackBerry OS is not dead!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 02:15 PM
    I loved my Torch and I love my second Passport with Cobalt! I hated my Priv, which I bought thru Amazon not in an orange box, so very much as my Priv crap. I love OS 10.2.x. There are professional Trolls on every forum that never owned a BlackBerry but live to create angst. And compared to OS10.2.x I despise Android OS?
    06-10-16 03:56 PM
    Um who the hell are you, here I am telling people that BlackBerry is the best, meanwhile my priv is creaky, hot, abandoned by t-mobile which means I'll probably never see Marshmallow, going to buy a nexus 6 in twenty 20 minutes, selling this priv, probably done with BlackBerry less I buy a Silver Passport
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    06-10-16 04:05 PM
    Um who the hell are you, here I am telling people that BlackBerry is the best, meanwhile my priv is creaky, hot, abandoned by t-mobile which means I'll probably never see Marshmallow, going to buy a nexus 6 in twenty 20 minutes, selling this priv, probably done with BlackBerry less I buy a Silver Passport
    Priv, is it truly BlackBerry? BlackBerry is a phone with a BlackBerry OS. Priv is just another Android, android is android and android sucks. Doesn't matter who makes the phone, android will never equal BlackBerry OS.
    Coachbulldog and elfabio80 like this.
    06-10-16 07:22 PM
    Priv, is it truly BlackBerry? BlackBerry is a phone with a BlackBerry OS. Priv is just another Android, android is android and android sucks. Doesn't matter who makes the phone, android will never equal BlackBerry OS.
    I think the Priv is the best phone BlackBerry has ever made. As you probably know, I've owned (and still own) most of them. It feels very much like a BlackBerry to me. It's more than just a logo.

This is not knocking BB10, as I quite like it too. I just couldn't get my work done anymore, and had to move on. I have no regrets. I find Android MM incredibly powerful and slick, and it is well complimented by the BlackBerry apps.

Some have accused me of "trolling" when in fact I have only responded to ridiculous hyperbole like "Android sucks", "BB10 is the most productive", or my favourite, "BB10 will rise again with new devices, and upgraded software".

People can have whatever preference they want, and I would never suggest otherwise. Use what works for you.
    Coachbulldog and yellowhammer like this.
    06-10-16 08:09 PM
    I'm trying to say something positive about BlackBerry while still staying critical.
    I have yet to see a usable more modern alternative so I support the op.
    I think there are many legit points speaking against BlackBerry, but there's a lot of stuff missing anywhere else.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 11:41 AM
    I think the Priv is the best phone BlackBerry has ever made. As you probably know, I've owned (and still own) most of them. It feels very much like a BlackBerry to me. It's more than just a logo.

This is not knocking BB10, as I quite like it too. I just couldn't get my work done anymore, and had to move on. I have no regrets. I find Android MM incredibly powerful and slick, and it is well complimented by the BlackBerry apps.

Some have accused me of "trolling" when in fact I have only responded to ridiculous hyperbole like "Android sucks", "BB10 is the most productive", or my favourite, "BB10 will rise again with new devices, and upgraded software".

People can have whatever preference they want, and I would never suggest otherwise. Use what works for you.
    The fact that you're one of the most helpful people on this board and still get called a troll and paid shill really speaks volumes about this "community." :-/

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    Vistaus and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    06-11-16 01:56 PM
    BB10 will live on I think. Heck, earlier in the day my friend from work texted me telling me how he went back to his Z30. This man use to be a diehard Android user.

So tired of the complaining!!-img_20160612_010323.png

Posted via CB10
    Montmartre and Vistaus like this.
    06-12-16 01:08 AM
    I am so tired of reading, on Crackberry of all places, all of the negative and petty comments about BlackBerry, about the current status, about leaks, about updates, and about the future.

If you don't like it, leave!!

This is, hands down, the BEST OS. You love it or you wouldn't use it. If you don't like it, go back to wherever you jumped ship from. You have no loyalty to the brand, you are immature in your reality of what the phone and OS is, does, is securely capable of facilitating. I'm tired of your Whining!!!

If you can't appreciate the product, and expect, like Apple or Samsung, to produce a new phone every year, you should definitely go Android or Apple and spend your life being manipulated by that philosophy. It's apparent that they are all only interested in your wallet, and not a good stable cost effective product.

I could Rant all day about how tired I am, but instead I am just. Wishing that you would all either grow up, or leave!!

Posted via CB10
    Surely, your right but I would like to put up something

BlackBerry has always let their customers down, they will show us a dream and when we start to follow they slap you and wake you up. Eg: BlackBerry playbook with no updates and support and committed of bb10 on playbook but...

BlackBerry10 failed not becoz of the OS, it was becoz for lack of marketing or say horrible marketing (even In india no one knows about Passport, BB10 or its features, not even Priv,) No advertisement, Apps issue came later, when you have the best product but don't put up in market and expect to sell on its on then surely it will fail.

Supported BlackBerry for almost 7years starting from Torch2, Z10, Z30, and now Passport, now they dump their own OS and went android, how can you trust a Co. Who let their employees go after so much of their support through thick and thin. Who knows when they fail after 2 android device they led their hands up from handset divison.

It's not about negative comments but it's the fact, many won't agree with me but might be few agrees, now they are trying to sell android with the security lollipop, lolz, and regarding Chen giving comments : he has to say something to create confusion on minds of all bb10 users who are in hope that there is still hope for bb10.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-16 03:43 AM
    Me too

jS from my beloved Passport SE
    06-23-16 06:29 PM

Android will suck my money next month, I'm putting the Z10 in a drawer. I to am getting irritated because many of my once working apps are now not functioning

Posted via CB10
    ariendg likes this.
    06-24-16 05:56 AM
104 1234 ...