01-30-14 08:51 PM
50 12
tools
    I'm with Bell too. So could be Bell issue? I didn't do security wipe and i had that option prior upgrade.
    11-29-13 04:11 PM
    I can set the password on mine
    Attachment 225134

Posted via CB10
    But does it actually work when you call your voice mail?

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    11-29-13 06:00 PM
    Phone > Settings > Voicemail > Change Password

I see it on my Z30 with 10.2.1.1055.
    Hi, here's some additional info that I have just now tested through. I did a reinstall of the leak on my Z30, took out my Bell SIM and was able to see the Change Password button in the Voice Mail settings. When I put my Bell SIM back in, the Change Password button disappears and I see Visual Voicemail button instead. The Change Password button disappears once the SIM has been put back in. My phone is also unlocked which I performed with my Bell SIM. I then did a test with my Z10 that has the same leak. When I put the Bell SIM in, the Change Password button disappears. Now my next test I did was putting in my T-Mobile SIM (Roam Mobility) that has been Activated but not active for use in Canada and of course never used to unlock a phone. I can see both Change Password and the Visual Voicemail buttons with my T-Mobile SIM in BOTH my Z30 and Z10. Therefore, my Bell SIM seems to be the common issue that has the problem with no Change Password button. Again both phones are unlocked. So, considering some others are having the same issue, could it be due to having unlocked phones and using the SIM that unlocked the phone?
    11-29-13 06:52 PM
    I have this same issue on my Verizon z30. I installed 1055 right off the bat as soon as I got my phone. Did a security wipe afterwards also but no option for the password. The weird part is I did have the option on my z10 before a restore and after a restore also.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 225476
    11-29-13 06:59 PM
    I have this same issue on my Verizon z30. I installed 1055 right off the bat as soon as I got my phone. Did a security wipe afterwards also but no option for the password. The weird part is I did have the option on my z10 before a restore and after a restore also.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 225476
    Is your phone unlocked by any chance?
    11-29-13 07:21 PM
    Same issue on my Z30... no password button. Bell sim card that came with the device and NOT unlocked. 10.2.1.1055.
    On my wife's Z10 with Bell sim card that came with the device, not unlocked, 10.2.1.1055... no password button.
    11-29-13 08:23 PM
    Anyone have a Z30 that isn't on Bell/Verizon with this problem?
    11-29-13 08:42 PM
    Hi, here's some additional info that I have just now tested through. I did a reinstall of the leak on my Z30, took out my Bell SIM and was able to see the Change Password button in the Voice Mail settings. When I put my Bell SIM back in, the Change Password button disappears and I see Visual Voicemail button instead. The Change Password button disappears once the SIM has been put back in. My phone is also unlocked which I performed with my Bell SIM. I then did a test with my Z10 that has the same leak. When I put the Bell SIM in, the Change Password button disappears. Now my next test I did was putting in my T-Mobile SIM (Roam Mobility) that has been Activated but not active for use in Canada and of course never used to unlock a phone. I can see both Change Password and the Visual Voicemail buttons with my T-Mobile SIM in BOTH my Z30 and Z10. Therefore, my Bell SIM seems to be the common issue that has the problem with no Change Password button. Again both phones are unlocked. So, considering some others are having the same issue, could it be due to having unlocked phones and using the SIM that unlocked the phone?
    I can confirm the same result. I tried what you did and without sim card the password option is there. With sim card in no password option, visual voicemail instead. My phone is locked with Bell.

Funny part is, I put in my voicemail password when I had the option without the sim card in. Then I put in sim card, turn on the phone, tried voicemail and password works! So at least there's a workaround.
    cdnrower likes this.
    11-29-13 10:03 PM
    Yes it's unlocked
    11-29-13 11:32 PM
    I'm STL100-4 Verizon and mine won't save the Voicemail password. I know it works with 10.2.0.1803 and 1809 leaks.
    12-03-13 12:16 PM
    For those on Verizon, can you please post the voicemail access number for visual voicemail? Mine was working fine until yesterday. Now the VVM is gone from the Hub and when I go to setup, it doesn't have an access number in the box.
    12-03-13 02:00 PM
    For those on Verizon, can you please post the voicemail access number for visual voicemail? Mine was working fine until yesterday. Now the VVM is gone from the Hub and when I go to setup, it doesn't have an access number in the box.
    So the option to save voicemail password is removed from 10.2.1.1055?-img_00000003.png
    12-03-13 03:09 PM
    Is there a request for a VVM password with every reset? I am experiencing this.

I have also installed 1055 2 other times and lost VVM function. Maybe it is because the password isn't being saved and according to cdnrower's post, not requested. Has anyone else lost VVM? I'm on Verizon STL100-4
    12-03-13 03:11 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000003.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	226633
    Thanks but I've already tried that and it doesn't work. Mine was an actual 10digit number which of course I now don't recall. Not to mention that the icon is gone from the Hub and no amount of resets will get it back.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 03:31 PM
    If you're in the phone app trying to click on a VVM, does it play or do you get an error message?
    12-03-13 04:57 PM
    If you're in the phone app trying to click on a VVM, does it play or do you get an error message?
    I get an error: Unable to play your voice message. Try again.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 05:05 PM
    It's never been available on my Verizon Z10. I belive they have locked it to try and force you to buy their Visual Voice Mail feature at a monthly fee. I downloaded the YouMail app from the Amazon store and it works just fine for free.

If you aren't on 10.2.1.1055, you can sideload a YouMail sanctioned bar file that works too.
    12-03-13 06:45 PM
    I spoke with level 2 tech from VZW. They said the 10 digit number should be your phone number. I doubt this very much. I came across this Voicemail Access Numbers

They have some access numbers for VZW based off region.

The only fix I have seen through the forums and from my own trial and error is to reload the OS.

I did find this: Posted by exiledcanadian: The key to get the Hub working properly is to only restore Application Data and Media from Link. Do NOT restore Settings. That will screw the Hub up. I ran into this issue (Hub not working) and did the following: - Removed SD Card - Ran Security Wipe - Restored App Data and Media only (again, NOT settings) (edit) - Re-inserted SD Card That fixed the problem without having to reinstall the entire OS.

However, know that a security wipe will eliminate your MMS settings.

I'm going on my fourth install of 1055, VVM keeps disappearing, hopefully this one will stick or its time to downgrade.
    12-03-13 06:49 PM
    I spoke with level 2 tech from VZW. They said the 10 digit number should be your phone number. I doubt this very much. I came across this Voicemail Access Numbers

They have some access numbers for VZW based off region.

The only fix I have seen through the forums and from my own trial and error is to reload the OS.

I did find this: Posted by exiledcanadian: The key to get the Hub working properly is to only restore Application Data and Media from Link. Do NOT restore Settings. That will screw the Hub up. I ran into this issue (Hub not working) and did the following: - Removed SD Card - Ran Security Wipe - Restored App Data and Media only (again, NOT settings) (edit) - Re-inserted SD Card That fixed the problem without having to reinstall the entire OS.

However, know that a security wipe will eliminate your MMS settings.

I'm going on my fourth install of 1055, VVM keeps disappearing, hopefully this one will stick or its time to downgrade.
    Thanks for trying! Unfortunately I have tried the own number followed by a pause etc but that doesn't work either. VVM has always worked and worked well for me up till 1055. I'm going to be downgrading to possibly 1803 or 1809.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 06:59 PM
    When I go to phone screen, then swipe down from top and select t settings, and then select visual voice mail, this is what I get

So the option to save voicemail password is removed from 10.2.1.1055?-img_20131189.png

This is a z30 but figured maybe a screen shot might help, the option for password is at the top where it says change password. The voice mail number is the voice mail box retrieval number its not my phone number.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 07:23 PM
    Not removed?? Present and working perfectly well.

STL-3 Z10 | Rogers | 10.2.1.1055
    12-03-13 10:55 PM
    That 647 number is Rogers' voicemail retrieval number. We don't have a current equivalent- this disappearing issue seems to be relegated to Verizon customers.
    12-03-13 11:24 PM
    This workaround -- worked for me.
    I'm on Bell, Z10 locked, and with the SIM card in, there was no Voicemail Password.
    Once I removed the SIM card, Voicemail Password REAPPEARED. I entered and saved my 4 digit password (with a "pause" in frnt) and reinstalled the SIM card.

The Voicemail Password disappeared, BUT the password worked on voicemail.
    01-29-14 07:09 AM
    I'm running 10.2.1.1925 Z10 on Verizon. I tried this trick, but no luck, the password option is not there. It is there on 10.2.0.1809, that's what is so frustrating.
    01-30-14 01:50 AM
    I'm running 10.2.1.1925 Z10 on Verizon. I tried this trick, but no luck, the password option is not there. It is there on 10.2.0.1809, that's what is so frustrating.
    So you tried removing the sim card on your verizon z10 and entering a password? Or even without the sim card there was no place to enter it.

As someone above mentioned, this did not work with the last official OS - you could enter a password but it did not work on the voice mail.
    01-30-14 08:51 PM
50 12