07-17-14 07:11 AM
46 12
tools
    Higher build than 700?
    It's a recent release and not the DEV. That's all you need to know.
    07-09-14 10:28 PM
    Yeah voice activated would be great. IMO, it should be done by the time the rest do it too. The sooner the better, of course, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 10:32 PM
    Personally, the only things from the top of my head that I want are PlayBook style app switching, option to either two finger or corner swipe to access quick setting from anywhere, access quick setting from lock screen, customizable lock screen like weather, calendar, etc., customizable quick apps (camera, search, phone), more quick apps, horizontal orientation lock and thats from the top of my head. Nothing hard, nothing serious so BlackBerry can definitely do it.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 10:37 PM
    So.... is there a version of IA out and available that is working?? This is the biggest update for me as I spend most of my day in the car and would love to take the IA for a spin

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 09:22 AM
    Im hard on BlackBerry but I have to give them a break on this one. It's only really working on 296 because its somewhat dosabled on the other ones.

It has thr potential to be like siri because its running off of the same system.

What BlackBerry always had on other platforms is universal search.
    Send texts/call/bbm/email, make notes, make appointments, search for any app, search for contents within apps, search the internet and etc

Searching for emails, apps and contents within an app were all unheard of on every other platform to spme extent.

But now microsoft cortana can do these things and ios is getting a universal search much like BlackBerry in ios8.

Right now the look of intelligent assistent is pretty good. But no one can gove you much info except the start of it on 296 which atm sometimes works for voice but works pretty good for typing in stuff.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 09:42 AM
    I dislike it in terms of what it did to the Search app. Regular typed searches are extremely slow now. The app crashes on typed searches often and stalls often. It doesn't reset typing after it has been backgrounded like the old search did. I have since loaded the search app from 10.2.1 back. Phew. A lot of power users will get frustrated with this new search/IA app if it isn't trashed/fixed/made optional. The old search is excellent and fast as can be at launching apps, finding documents, using extended search etc. It is what makes BB productive. To trifle with it is a major thing.
    07-12-14 12:32 PM
    I dislike it in terms of what it did to the Search app. Regular typed searches are extremely slow now. The app crashes on typed searches often and stalls often. It doesn't reset typing after it has been backgrounded like the old search did. I have since loaded the search app from 10.2.1 back. Phew. A lot of power users will get frustrated with this new search/IA app if it isn't trashed/fixed/made optional. The old search is excellent and fast as can be at launching apps, finding documents, using extended search etc. It is what makes BB productive. To trifle with it is a major thing.
    It's because you're using a beta OS with a purposely crippled feature that they DON'T Yet want yo show off... Jeeze, such judgment for an app currently in its alpha stages and that's disabled in these builds for a reason. The old search is a joke compared to what you can do with IA, just wait, the stable version of the app will blow you away compared to the current search.

Posted via CB10
    r0v3rT3N likes this.
    07-12-14 02:39 PM
    Like I said you are usong 296 build lmaoo damnn

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 02:59 PM
    I don't think any device out there currently has this option, to my knowledge.

If this were implemented, bb10 would have to continuously be checking for voice input and then you could accidentally activate something.
    Additionally this would drain the battery a hell of a lot quicker.

Z10 - 10.3.0.700 w/ .296
    Moto X and Nexus 5, just to mention a few. There are various other Android devices now that can do it as well.

iOS 8 will be bringing this feature to iOS devices too. However, they have to be charging for it to work.

Posted via tin can telephone
    07-12-14 03:44 PM
    Where i can find the list of supported languages?

Sent from my Q10\ 4G LTE in PLAY PL
    07-12-14 05:30 PM
    Where i can find the list of supported languages?

Sent from my Q10\ 4G LTE in PLAY PL
    Use the Chrome plugin that's used for sideloading. It gives you a full list of all installed .bar files, and all the language specific ones have suffixes, such as ENG, ENU, ESP, FRA, ITA, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Grzesiek Godlewski likes this.
    07-12-14 08:14 PM
    Im hard on BlackBerry but I have to give them a break on this one. It's only really working on 296 because its somewhat dosabled on the other ones.

It has thr potential to be like siri because its running off of the same system.

What BlackBerry always had on other platforms is universal search.
    Send texts/call/bbm/email, make notes, make appointments, search for any app, search for contents within apps, search the internet and etc

Searching for emails, apps and contents within an app were all unheard of on every other platform to spme extent.

But now microsoft cortana can do these things and ios is getting a universal search much like BlackBerry in ios8.

Right now the look of intelligent assistent is pretty good. But no one can gove you much info except the start of it on 296 which atm sometimes works for voice but works pretty good for typing in stuff.

Posted via CB10
    Does it work if I install the bar files of IA from 296 on 700. If so can you give me the bar files?

Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700 / updated bars
    07-12-14 11:54 PM
    Does it work if I install the bar files of IA from 296 on 700. If so can you give me the bar files?

Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700 / updated bars
    It wont work ut was disabled on purpose

296 is the only full stable OS leak for 10.3

I just upgrade browser runtime and bbm as I go

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 01:08 AM
    can i say "goodnight" and then my phone switch to 'bedside mode' ?
    07-13-14 08:54 AM
    It would be nice to manually lock the device on your terms through the IA rather than a set time. I hope this is possible or will be added soon, if not currently able.

emPowered by ?
    07-13-14 10:46 AM
    "Play A sky full of stars"
    (launches music app and plays Coldplay - A Sky Full Of Stars")
    Can you set a third party music player?
    I use Neutron, not that ****ty integrated one.
    07-15-14 04:12 AM
    Rte Dhve rtttttttttttttttttt. Ttttsestt

http://www.petitions24.com/attz30 Let's get the Z30 on AT&T! [/QUOTE]
    07-15-14 04:46 PM
    Here is the blog about the 10.3 BlackBerry Assistant.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/07/...rry-assistant/

There is one part that he mentions voice activation! I really hope that's what he makes it sound like and it can be interacted with via voice (no requirement to open app).

" It is voice activated when I need it to be..."

Anyway sounds like it's going to be very powerful and quite functional!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 10:40 AM
    Here is the blog about the 10.3 BlackBerry Assistant.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/07/...rry-assistant/

There is one part that he mentions voice activation! I really hope that's what he makes it sound like and it can be interacted with via voice (no requirement to open app).

" It is voice activated when I need it to be..."

Anyway sounds like it's going to be very powerful and quite functional!

Posted via CB10
    This pretty much confirms that there is a way to activate it without touching

So how is intelligent assistant?-img_20140717_103606.png

Check Out TechCraze
    cjb55 likes this.
    07-17-14 05:39 AM
    This pretty much confirms that there is a way to activate it without touching

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140717_103606.png 
Views:	258 
Size:	310.7 KB 
ID:	285490

Check Out TechCraze
    Maybe not.

Even on 10.2, when you are connected by Bluetooth in a car, a contact gets added called BlackBerry Voice Control. You dial it with hands free controls and then you can "try" to accomplish something with voice comands. I say try because it stinks on 10.2 and you will soon give up.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 07:06 AM
    Maybe not.

Even on 10.2, when you are connected by Bluetooth in a car, a contact gets added called BlackBerry Voice Control. You dial it with hands free controls and then you can "try" to accomplish something with voice comands. I say try because it stinks on 10.2 and you will soon give up.

Posted via CB10
    True, I didn't think about that..

Check Out TechCraze
    07-17-14 07:11 AM
46 12