07-17-14 06:11 AM
46 12
tools
    I have yet to see anything really on it. Is it awesome? As good as the others? Better? Sadly, worse? Does it do anything unique? Anything juicy you think should be known? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 04:32 PM
    When I've gotten it to work it has been amazing. I love how I can dedicate the button between the volume rocker as I.A. Makes setting an alarm or turning the BlackBerry to silent easy with no need to actually play with the device. Works while device is sleeping! Best AI on a phone so far. I don't need jokes(thanks siri) ...I just need something that gets stuff done.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 04:40 PM
    IA in <recent internal releases> is pretty good. It's not as smooth as something like Cortana or Siri, but it's a massive improvement on older revisions.

Vocal accuracy is great. I can speak to it in my Aussie accent and 9 times out of 10, it understands what I've said.

It performs most tasks well. A few examples that I've used successfully

"How do I get to the airport"
    (device launches maps with guidance enabled, guides me to the airport)

"What's the temperature outside today?"
    (device brings up weather app in window and reads out the current details)

"BBM <my boss> and tell him I'll be 10 minutes late"
    (confirms action, and then sends message to my boss)

"Read my last email"
    (reads out the subject of the most recent email, then gives me the option of having it read the body)

"Play A sky full of stars"
    (launches music app and plays Coldplay - A Sky Full Of Stars")

"Make me a coffee, pronto!"
    (didn't make me a coffee - very dissapointed!!!)

In Brief:

Pros:
    Much better at understanding what is being said
    Better at ignoring background noise
    Great at performing useful tasks
    Can read out messages to me etc

Cons:
    Lacks personality (you can't joke around with it like other assistants)
    Voice could be a little smoother (sounds a bit robotic at times)
    Takes quite a while to process at times - could be faster.
    dlg18, moyah8, riss89 and 4 others like this.
    07-08-14 06:53 PM
    I remember when 10.2 leaks presented wolfram alpha for voice assistance. And then it was gone. I hope BlackBerry plans on keeping and improving I.A. I haven't tried it (didn't load 10.3 since I need a daily driver) but I've heard many positive comments about it

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 07:28 PM
    I've seen a post somewhere that says you can say "check facebook" or something similar. Does this launch Facebook or are they somehow showing the newsfeed in a different way - perhaps more integrated into the OS?

If it just launches the app why not just say "launch facebook"?

I believe I saw it on something BlackBerry made to highlight the new assistant features.

emPowered by ?
    mralxak likes this.
    07-08-14 07:32 PM
    So how is intelligent assistant?-img_20140709_013732.png

Z10 - 10.3.0.700 w/ .296
    beoandlun likes this.
    07-08-14 07:46 PM
    For me intelligence assistance is not working. How to fix it

Posted via CB10
    mralxak likes this.
    07-08-14 07:50 PM
    I've seen a post somewhere that says you can say "check facebook" or something similar. Does this launch Facebook or are they somehow showing the newsfeed in a different way - perhaps more integrated into the OS?

If it just launches the app why not just say "launch facebook"?

I believe I saw it on something BlackBerry made to highlight the new assistant features.

emPowered by ?
    It doesn't launch any app, it just tells you your last message, or whatever you ask of it. The new AI that's been implemented is much much smarter than voice control, it's much more like an intelligent assistant in that it's very applicable and flexible in what answers it will give you. For example, if you ask what the weather is like, it doesn't open the app, but opens the app inside the IA i.e:

So how is intelligent assistant?-img_20140709_015005.png

Z10 - 10.3.0.700 w/ .296
    beoandlun likes this.
    07-08-14 07:52 PM
    It's... unpredictable, that's a nice word for it. It hasn't worked for me on .700 however when using it on .296 it was on and off, usually a restart would fix it though.

Z10 - 10.3.0.700 w/ .296
    07-08-14 07:54 PM
    It's... unpredictable, that's a nice word for it. It hasn't worked for me on .700 however when using it on .296 it was on and off, usually a restart would fix it though.

Z10 - 10.3.0.700 w/ .296
    I have a question that may have been answered in other threads. But the old (well current) voice assist is a pain for when you need to make a call. Asking you a million questions and getting the command wrong. Has this IA improved that experience?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 07:58 PM
    It doesn't launch any app, it just tells you your last message, or whatever you ask of it. The new AI that's been implemented is much much smarter than voice control, it's much more like an intelligent assistant in that it's very applicable and flexible in what answers it will give you. For example, if you ask what the weather is like, it doesn't open the app, but opens the app inside the IA i.e:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140709_015005.png 
Views:	3976 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	283929

Z10 - 10.3.0.700 w/ .296
    Awesome. This is what I was hoping for. No more "would you like to search the internet for "how do I get to John Chen's house"?

Looking forward to 10.3 and moving to an all touch when the next model is out!

emPowered by ?
    07-08-14 08:00 PM
    I have a question that may have been answered in other threads. But the old (well current) voice assist is a pain for when you need to make a call. Asking you a million questions and getting the command wrong. Has this IA improved that experience?

Posted via CB10
    The AI has improved in this aspect, in that you can say a first name and it would ask you which one etc. The recognition technology has drastically improved in this new software.

Z10 - 10.3.0.700 w/ .296
    07-08-14 08:18 PM
    The AI has improved in this aspect, in that you can say a first name and it would ask you which one etc. The recognition technology has drastically improved in this new software.

Z10 - 10.3.0.700 w/ .296
    Thanks. Can't wait to try 10.3

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 08:20 PM
    Rather than a voice command as it was of late, the intelligent assistant really is much more of a knowledge base, I mean, check what else it can do:

So how is intelligent assistant?-img_20140709_022042.png
    So how is intelligent assistant?-img_20140709_022054.png
    So how is intelligent assistant?-img_20140709_022058.png

Z10 - 10.3.0.700 w/ .296
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    07-08-14 08:21 PM
    When I've gotten it to work it has been amazing. I love how I can dedicate the button between the volume rocker as I.A. Makes setting an alarm or turning the BlackBerry to silent easy with no need to actually play with the device. Works while device is sleeping! Best AI on a phone so far. I don't need jokes(thanks siri) ...I just need something that gets stuff done.

Posted via CB10
    Just out of curiosity, was your Siri experience an overall positive one? I'd love to know how the two compare and contrast with one another

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    07-08-14 08:27 PM

This Explains everything...

Posted via CB10
    saxxman likes this.
    07-09-14 12:10 AM
    http://s3.postimg.org/s0gojz003/1404...327_646314.gif

This Explains everything...

Posted via CB10
    What exactly does this explain?

Posted via CB10... and my awesome Z10
    07-09-14 04:30 AM
    IA in <recent internal releases> is pretty good. It's not as smooth as something like Cortana or Siri, but it's a massive improvement on older revisions.

Vocal accuracy is great. I can speak to it in my Aussie accent and 9 times out of 10, it understands what I've said.

It performs most tasks well. A few examples that I've used successfully

"How do I get to the airport"
    (device launches maps with guidance enabled, guides me to the airport)

"What's the temperature outside today?"
    (device brings up weather app in window and reads out the current details)

"BBM <my boss> and tell him I'll be 10 minutes late"
    (confirms action, and then sends message to my boss)

"Read my last email"
    (reads out the subject of the most recent email, then gives me the option of having it read the body)

"Play A sky full of stars"
    (launches music app and plays Coldplay - A Sky Full Of Stars")

"Make me a coffee, pronto!"
    (didn't make me a coffee - very dissapointed!!!)

In Brief:

Pros:
    Much better at understanding what is being said
    Better at ignoring background noise
    Great at performing useful tasks
    Can read out messages to me etc

Cons:
    Lacks personality (you can't joke around with it like other assistants)
    Voice could be a little smoother (sounds a bit robotic at times)
    Takes quite a while to process at times - could be faster.
    What build do you use for this AI to work?

Posted via CB10, Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1375
    07-09-14 04:41 AM
    Is there a way to activate the IA with a voice command? Pressing a button to use the IA makes it quite useless to me. I hope BlackBerry allows this.

Channel for BlackBerry users in India
    07-09-14 04:47 AM
    Is there a way to activate the IA with a voice command? Pressing a button to use the IA makes it quite useless to me. I hope BlackBerry allows this.

I don't think any device out there currently has this option, to my knowledge.

If this were implemented, bb10 would have to continuously be checking for voice input and then you could accidentally activate something.
    Additionally this would drain the battery a hell of a lot quicker.

Z10 - 10.3.0.700 w/ .296
    07-09-14 05:32 AM

If this were implemented, bb10 would have to continuously be checking for voice input and then you could accidentally activate something.

Z10 - 10.3.0.700 w/ .296
    On some stock Android devices Google Now can be activated by voice. I believe it can be replicated on root devices via Tasker.
    07-09-14 05:58 AM

Z10 - 10.3.0.700 w/ .296
    Multiple Android smartphones have this feature. I really think it's the next step in IA over all platforms, so BlackBerry might as well be ahead. Proper implementation of the feature could ensure it's not a problem for battery and security.

07-09-14 06:49 AM
    I agree that having the assistant be more second nature without spinning in circles while patting your head. I'm curious how the voice activation works for the same reason mentioned above: battery drain while monitoring. Then again, Android phones are notorious for quickly running out of battery and people probably won't notice.

Maybe a hand wave over the screen? It would seem BT headset would work better for voice as the headset would monitor and then wake the phone. I hope BlackBerry updates their BT headsets to support the new IA and allows for streaming music!

emPowered by ?
    07-09-14 06:23 PM
    What build do you use for this AI to work?

Posted via CB10, Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1375
    Can't specify, Sorry. It's a recent release and not the DEV. That's all you need to know.
    07-09-14 08:18 PM
    Can't specify, Sorry. It's a recent release and not the DEV. That's all you need to know.
    Higher build than 700?

Posted via CB10
    Graheem likes this.
    07-09-14 08:56 PM
46 12