12-30-13 08:47 PM
54 123
tools
    I find that if you change screens after you compose You could lose the text. While it's loading history you will be constrained to only THAT one contact with the long history. And until you load that you are stuck. You could try the 5 down swipes hub refresh shortcut I do it sometimes.

But overall this is horrible and I would consider any new OS that doesn't have this bug a "Major update". very annoying. Do iphone users and android users ned to delete their long histories?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, all phones with long text histories need to be deleted sooner or later...iPhones and Androids too...

Trusted Member Genius
    djdragon likes this.
    10-19-13 04:00 AM
    I don't know if anyone else has noticed that, but if you compose a text from the hub. After typing in a persons name there is a serious delay while their text history loads before you can start typing your message.
    Is it just me?
    Posted via CB10
    Yeah I get that too. It bugs the hell out of me, happens mostly with a conversation with a lot of previous messages and MMS.
    getting same thing, i am going back to the latest official OS
    I've been getting the lag too. Its been present on some other 17xx leaks but 1791 isn't as bad.
    -aBBuser on hybrid .1791 STL3
    It happens in Q10SQN100-4/10.2.0.1767 as well. Holy crap it takes years.
    Q10
    This has been driving me crazy over the last week, but I'm on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4633 so it's definitely not just the leaked os. hope it's fixed in an update buy I guess since your using a leak way ahead of mine it's not looking great lol
    Posted via Zed10 using CB10
    answer!!
    This is because you have a huge history of texts in your phone nothing to do with what version of OS it's been there since 10.0. Pick yourself up an sms backup utility from app world backup all of your texts then delete them all and your texting will be fine.
    Posted by the Zed 30 of rockivy
    Yes, all phones with long text histories need to be deleted sooner or later...iPhones and Androids too...
    Trusted Member Genius

you, just /smh
    Just pointing out a 3 year old OS has faster texting.
    Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 04:21 AM
    This is nothing new and it DID happen in BBOS because my wife who seems to think she needed to keep every word typed hit it all the time. If you let it go too long that lag becomes a blank chat screen or a freeze. Newer devices with more memory and new bars with different management of files may make it appear to go away but eventually you will hit that limit and poof there go all your saved texts. As was suggested...delete it after a convo is over or if you must back it up with an app and then delete it.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 04:53 AM
    This is nothing new and it DID happen in BBOS because my wife who seems to think she needed to keep every word typed hit it all the time. If you let it go too long that lag becomes a blank chat screen or a freeze. Newer devices with more memory and new bars with different management of files may make it appear to go away but eventually you will hit that limit and poof there go all your saved texts. As was suggested...delete it after a convo is over or if you must back it up with an app and then delete it.

Posted via CB10
    Just tried it with my 9900 with two years of texts...loads up instantly to send a text.

Tried it with my wife's iPhone with 4 years of texts from me, loads up instantly.

Tried it on my q10 with only 3 months of texts from an AQCUAITANCE, and there is lag.

They should just not load the text history. It was like that in 10.1 and it was very fast to send a text.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 06:13 AM
    So is everyone reading their sms message history everyday, including ones are one year and older? Lol

Posted via CB10
    LP_Rigg and gfondeur like this.
    10-19-13 04:30 PM
    I delete my text conversations almost daily. If there are pictures, videos etc... I save them to Box.

I don't record phone calls either for later listening LOL

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 04:39 PM
    Just tried it with my 9900 with two years of texts...loads up instantly to send a text.

Tried it with my wife's iPhone with 4 years of texts from me, loads up instantly.

Tried it on my q10 with only 3 months of texts from an AQCUAITANCE, and there is lag.

They should just not load the text history. It was like that in 10.1 and it was very fast to send a text.

Posted via CB10
    2 years worth of texts? OMG! I can't imagine saving a text for more than a couple of days

Posted via CB10. 10.2.0.1743
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-19-13 04:44 PM
    2 years worth of texts? OMG! I can't imagine saving a text for more than a couple of days

Posted via CB10. 10.2.0.1743
    I do a lot of work on the road, and very often the phone is the only thing that lets me get work done while traveling. Having those older messages, whether it's e-mail or text, is sometimes critical.

Anyway, here's what worked for me, found a thread that has some bars that can be downloaded to make everything load very fast. You lose the dark theme though.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...posing-853184/
    10-19-13 05:00 PM
    I do a lot of work on the road, and very often the phone is the only thing that lets me get work done while traveling. Having those older messages, whether it's e-mail or text, is sometimes critical.

Anyway, here's what worked for me, found a thread that has some bars that can be downloaded to make everything load very fast. You lose the dark theme though.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...posing-853184/
    Me too, I travel for work all the time - But I do occasionally show up at the office and reconcile my notes, documents, emails etc... If I had to search through a text thread dating two years I don't believe I would be very effective or efficient. IMHO
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-19-13 05:07 PM
    Me too, I travel for work all the time - But I do occasionally show up at the office and reconcile my notes, documents, emails etc... If I had to search through a text thread dating two years I don't believe I would be very effective or efficient. IMHO
    Maybe not two years worth, but just the idea that I need to delete messages manually bothers me.

It should auto delete after a year or something, I've never gone back further than that for text info. Email yes, but not text.

Posted via CB10
    2cats1dog likes this.
    10-19-13 05:11 PM
    Was tempted to try this leak, but looks like its not ready for prime time, will wait for the next leak. Too bad because 10.2 has soo many nice features I would love to have :-(
    10-19-13 05:17 PM
    Maybe not two years worth, but just the idea that I need to delete messages manually bothers me.

It should auto delete after a year or something, I've never gone back further than that for text info. Email yes, but not text.

Posted via CB10
    Gotcha - But I really don't want my phone auto deleting anything. Any important stuff I save on a server at home, cloud or at the office and I can access via remote file access.
    10-19-13 05:26 PM
    Posted via CB10
    BS!!!!
    as a few already said, its a problem who affect all OS
    10-19-13 05:29 PM
    Maybe not two years worth,
    so, now it's not 2 years?
    can you please make your mind?
    10-19-13 05:33 PM
    I think it has to be generl bug because I am suffering from this across all messaging apps like SMS, whatsapp, BBM..

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 05:33 PM
    BS!!!!
    as a few already said, its a problem who affect all OS
    Don't know what to tell you on this, maybe others are in denial. When I create a new text on my wife's iphone 5, which has thousands of texts from me, it loads up instantly and lets me start typing right away. Same for my 9900.

And now it works on my Q10 by loading the older bars. So there is a version of 10.2 that I can write new texts on instantly, even with thousands of texts from an individual. It works, and they broke it with the latest updates. No BS here, just pointing a bug in the latest 10.2 leak.
    10-19-13 09:09 PM
    so, now it's not 2 years?
    can you please make your mind?
    the length of time doesn't matter. It's the fact that when I want to send a new text message that there is a huge delay. It didn't do this on earlier versions of 10.2, as shown by the link I posted where you can load the older sms bars and it works fine.

Just admit that BB introduced a bug into 10.2. It worked better the way it was before. Now it suffers from lag that older systems, and competitors, don't suffer from.

Denying it doesn't help the dev team improve the system, just lets them think they made a good choice, which they didn't.
    10-19-13 09:10 PM
    I think it has to be gener�l bug because I am suffering from this across all messaging apps like SMS, whatsapp, BBM..

Posted via CB10
    That's interesting, I don't run into this with whats app. I never use BBM so I can't comment there.

When writing a new whats app message, it loads instantly.

Try the older 10.2 bars I posted earlier, works great for me. I'm back to fast efficient texting and I get to keep my text history.
    10-19-13 09:12 PM
    That's interesting, I don't run into this with whats app. I never use BBM so I can't comment there.

When writing a new whats app message, it loads instantly.

Try the older 10.2 bars I posted earlier, works great for me. I'm back to fast efficient texting and I get to keep my text history.
    I found out that when I disable device encyption that most of lags I was suffering from are gone. Its much better in BBM and Whatsapp now but no smooth yet.
    10-20-13 12:29 PM
    I'm on T-Mobile using an STL100-3 running 1791 and I like it a lot. Loaded without recovering from backup.

The only issue I'm having is if I start a TXT leave then come back to finish the TXT I've had a hard time sending it. If I send the TXT without leaving the TXT app everything works as expected.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 12:57 PM
    The 3 bars has helped my TXT speed a lot especially in the share menu!

Thanks for the heads up!
    10-22-13 05:54 AM
    Had the same issue, fixed it one of the threads. All it was, the guy posted 3 bar files, all to do with messaging from a recent 10.2 leak that didn't have the lag. Just sideload those 3 bar files and you're set. What it did was it skipped the histiry until once a text/mms was sent, this making it much faster. But you will lose the dark them functionality though. I'll see if I could find the link to the thread soon

Posted via CB10
    Could you be any less specific?
    10-25-13 12:18 PM

Trusted Member Genius
    This was never an issue with BB7 (which was based on a legacy OS 10+ years old).

BB10 is supposed to be more advanced and the phones are 10 times more capable. I am a big BlackBerry fan too, but some things are just unacceptable. I weathered the lack of BIS, I don't think it's too much to ask to expect BlackBerry the supposed penultimate device for communications to have speedy texting, regardless of history.

EDIT: Can the CrackBerry community please get out of this habbit of just blaming the users of the phones rather than software bugs and possible solutions. CB Threads used to be chock full of information now it seems we have lots of BB Apologists that are quick to blame the user for the fault of their phones.

Obviously not everyone is having this issue, placing blame on large histories isn't an adequate explanation (BB10 should manage that stuff, BB7 did without breaking a sweat). I don't care what iPhones and Androids do, I am not an iPhone or Android user.
    10-25-13 12:24 PM
    Lol pretty crappy post I had there, but I have the names of the bar files below. Pretty sure there's a forum with actual download links posted.
    SLOW texting on 10.2.0.1791-img_20131184_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 02:01 PM
    So is everyone reading their sms message history everyday, including ones are one year and older? Lol

Posted via CB10
    Yes - I have many clients who don't have wifi at their studio … so they send their product requests (orders) by sms. I often have to scroll through days/weeks of correspondence to refresh my memory of their original order.

Since I can't flag or file an sms - I need to keep the entire msg history on my device.

I guess this is another point which my previous BB devices did without a hiccup - I never had a problem keeping several years worth of emails and sms (and then transferring to a new device when upgrading). So I could search my client's history on my device at anytime.
    11-05-13 11:32 PM
54 123