I've had my Z10 for a little less than a week and I am learning to use it better. After getting a baseline using the stock os, this morning I loaded the .1925 leak which was a little harrowing but ok based on the amount of GREAT information and tutorials on this site. The OS upgrade ( and subsequent wipe/restore) went well. there could be bugs that I'm not aware of because I'm just getting used to what it can and cannot do.

I now want to sideload and succesfully downloaded the playbook manager chrome extension. I put the device into dev mode ( set the password) made sure both devices were on the same network, noted the ip address and entered it and then clicked " manage this device". No matter what happens, it never connects. . From all the tutorials it says that you get a popup for the SSL error, I never got these, just time out and the blue sad face with the " retry" or " details" buttons. As a result I've no been able to sideload anything. I went into the settings in chrome to see if I could find and answer but to not avail. I'm usually more of a " try to figure it out yourself" person but I'm kind of at the end of my rope. i've scoured the treads to see if there is an answer to this and i'm not saying that there is not one, but if there is one I cant seem to find it. if it makes any difference I'm running chrome on a Win7 ultimate 32 bit mini itx build that does not have any problems connecting to the internet wirelessly.

The one point of contention is that in at least one of the tutorials it says after three steps or so to " connect your device" which I assumed meant connect z10 to the pc running chrome, but I thought that this was all being done over wireless.

again if the answer to this has been reported, I apologize for not finding it. thanks in advance
    Last edited by sandysan; 12-30-13 at 12:04 PM. Reason: typos
    12-30-13 12:03 PM
    What exactly are you wanting to sideload? I ask because Android APK's can run directly on the OS you are on. There's no reason to sideload unless of course you're actually sideloading a BlackBerry 10 app in .bar format.

Also: Try a different USB port, if you haven't already.
    12-30-13 12:16 PM
    What exactly are you wanting to sideload? I ask because Android APK's can run directly on the OS you are on. There's no reason to sideload unless of course you're actually sideloading a BlackBerry 10 app in .bar format.

Also: Try a different USB port, if you haven't already.
    He could be trying to load snap

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 12:19 PM
    the first file I wanted to sideload was SNAP ( which I have downloaded and is sitting on the desktop). ultimately the primary goal is to try and sideload the xbox music apk to the device.

And from your second question, does this means that even when in developer mode and with the specific IP that it has to be connected through microusb ? I tried that but BB Link launched automatically when I did this which was never mentioned in any of the tutorials so I presumed it was not correct.

The USB port/cable seems fine as it was the same one used to load .1925 and restore from BB link about an hour prior. my guess is that since I'm not getting the SSL error that is in all of the tutorials that there are settings in chrome that are preventing the connection. I tried looking for them but was unsuccessful.
    12-30-13 12:25 PM
    yes that's it, I should have been more specific, sorry.
    12-30-13 12:26 PM
    Save yourself the headache.
    Search the forum and download Sachesi
    Save the file to your desktop
    Do NOT turn on Dev Mode, turn it off
    Unzip Sachesi to your desktop
    Plug device into USB and wait for recognition
    Double click the Sachesi .exe and wait for its window to open
    Select the "Install" tab
    Drag and drop the bar file you want to install
    Wait for Sachesi to complete installation
    Enjoy!
    Ecm likes this.
    12-30-13 12:34 PM
    Have you tried using Sachesi for side loading? It is painless and no passwords required. Just be sure to set your USB connection from automated to connect to windows.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 12:39 PM
    Have you tried using Sachesi for side loading? It is painless and no passwords required. Just be sure to set your USB connection from automated to connect to windows.

Posted via CB10
    I have not, although it is something I should look into. Because the ecosystem is so new to me I think I did a serach for " easiest way to sideload bar files" which took me to the tutorial with the chrome extension.
    I'll look into Sachesi and see where it goes from there ( although not being able to do the chrome extension way IS going to continue to bug me).

Thanks
    12-30-13 12:44 PM
    Save yourself the headache.
    Search the forum and download Sachesi
    Save the file to your desktop
    Do NOT turn on Dev Mode, turn it off
    Unzip Sachesi to your desktop
    Plug device into USB and wait for recognition
    Double click the Sachesi .exe and wait for its window to open
    Select the "Install" tab
    Drag and drop the bar file you want to install
    Wait for Sachesi to complete installation
    Enjoy!
    thanks for the detailed instructions, if I cant get the chrome extension way to work ( who does not like a challenge?) having this will be great as I dont think I will be loading tons of bar files aside from snap.

Again thanks,
    12-30-13 12:47 PM