09-30-14 08:26 PM
109 1234 ...
tools
    It's not compiled. It just extracts the .bat file to your temp directory.
    the .bat file wipes multiple times whereas an autoloader normally wipes once.
    Hi Xsacha, it's a compiled batch file to become an exe file where cfp.exe is also in it. Perhaps you were mentioning the 1st SIC Multiwipe. Also, cfp.exe does the wipes, the batch file only giving command to cfp.exe.

If you have time could you try this method and let us know your feedback? - thanks.
    09-15-14 01:11 PM
    Sorry to ask again, but if anyone has a Mega link for the Z30, it would be greatly appreciated, MediaFire is going very slow for me.
    09-15-14 01:39 PM
    Sorry to ask again, but if anyone has a Mega link for the Z30, it would be greatly appreciated, MediaFire is going very slow for me.
    There you go Mega Link
    09-15-14 01:57 PM
    There you go Mega Link
    Thank you very much! Will give it a go and post back with comments
    09-15-14 02:11 PM
    Thank you very much! Will give it a go and post back with comments
    Your welcome, looking forward for your comments.
    09-15-14 02:17 PM
    Hi Xsacha, it's a compiled batch file to become an exe file where cfp.exe is also in it. Perhaps you were mentioning the 1st SIC Multiwipe. Also, cfp.exe does the wipes, the batch file only giving command to cfp.exe.

If you have time could you try this method and let us know your feedback? - thanks.
    This one. I don't really see any difference to the last one? Only thing you changed was doing +h (hidden) to the file?

%TMP%\ztmp\tmp<random numbers>.bat
    %TMP%\ztmp\tmp<random numbers>.exe

The batch file is basically:
    Code:
    cfp.exe -u nuke -a
    cfp.exe -u erase 0x00005820-0x0001D21F
    cfp.exe -u wipe
    cfp.exe -u wipe
    cfp.exe -u wipe
    cfp.exe -u wipe
    cfp.exe -u wipe
    The exe doesn't contain code. It just says "RCHELICOPTERFTW"?

Note: I didn't actually run the application because it requires administrator privileges for no reason, but I saw it only extracts that batch file and cap.
    Last edited by xsacha; 09-15-14 at 03:23 PM.
    09-15-14 03:11 PM
    I don't get why you would ever need to run this batch or why multiple wipes would ever be necessary.

Unlike my kids, computers don't need to be told what to do more than once.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 03:51 PM
    SIC very useful aplication
    can result in the unit to be more responsive and smooth
    09-16-14 01:35 AM
    I don't get why you would ever need to run this batch or why multiple wipes would ever be necessary.

Unlike my kids, computers don't need to be told what to do more than once.

Posted via CB10
    I actually wanted SIC cleans up to 15 times in my blackberry in order to really clean without leaving a trace*

but I really like the SIC Z30 because I am getting better and most importantly my blackberry now never hot or fever in the battery.*

Thank you so much Sator, Iking, Clie for his hard work to make the SIC. I always wait for the next

Posted via CB10
    gudell97, Sator, clie610 and 1 others like this.
    09-16-14 01:59 AM
    I actually wanted SIC cleans up to 15 times in my blackberry in order to really clean without leaving a trace*

but I really like the SIC Z30 because I am getting better and most importantly my blackberry now never hot or fever in the battery.*

Thank you so much Sator, Iking, Clie for his hard work to make the SIC. I always wait for the next

Posted via CB10
    Arief, enjoy the magic of SIC OS 1154....
    09-16-14 07:43 AM
    Magic is something that you experienced, not something that you dream about.

Thanks to everybody who tried and sharing your experiences with SIC.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by clie610; 09-16-14 at 11:26 AM.
    Sator likes this.
    09-16-14 09:52 AM
    Nice...
    09-16-14 02:36 PM
    Good Job ... SIC
    09-16-14 09:08 PM
    Is this supposed to accomplish what doing a low level format on an SSD accomplishes? Setting the memory banks back to zero for cleaner high-speed performance writes? If not then I still don't see the reason for it, actually think it would reduce the life of the memory, granted not by much in the grand scheme of things. but if it works for you then have at it. I just like to understand why I'm doing something, not just that it's better,or works better for some.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.1154
    09-16-14 11:21 PM
    I can't give you a technical answer , but I've done both a normal wipe then load an os and sic wipe and loaded an os , the only time I never seem to have a problem is when I use sic, maybe it's just a cleaner wipe of the device and makes sure it gets all left from previous os.
    clie610 and Sator like this.
    09-16-14 11:36 PM
    Is this supposed to accomplish what doing a low level format on an SSD accomplishes? Setting the memory banks back to zero for cleaner high-speed performance writes? If not then I still don't see the reason for it, actually think it would reduce the life of the memory, granted not by much in the grand scheme of things. but if it works for you then have at it. I just like to understand why I'm doing something, not just that it's better,or works better for some.
    The device is smart enough to recognise it has been wiped and actually skips all wipes after the first one (that is, it does nothing and instantly returns). So it shouldn't affect the life of the SSD in your device.
    qmendiv, moody, 3hb78ftg and 2 others like this.
    09-17-14 12:45 AM
    Magic is something that you experienced, not something that you dream about.

Thanks to everybody who tried and sharing your experiences with SIC.

Posted via CB10
    I don't understand what's magical about any of this unless you're hiding something or living in fantasy land. Magic is all about drawing ones attention away from what's really happening.

Via my simply amazing ? Q10 10.3.0.1154
    LP_Rigg and moody like this.
    09-17-14 12:59 AM
    I don't understand what's magical about any of this unless you're hiding something or living in fantasy land. Magic is all about drawing ones attention away from what's really happening.

Well, I personally tried loading with auto loader I created. It hasn't got the same result

I personally would extract those bar files from BlackBerry servers, using dbbt 2.2 latest.

Then I would load with this.

Because I can not be bothered with remembering cfp commands, I let this do the job for me.

My z hasn't got the android notifications not opening, no sticky keyboard issue etc.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Sator and HarryDragon like this.
    09-17-14 01:22 AM
    The device is smart enough to recognise it has been wiped and actually skips all wipes after the first one (that is, it does nothing and instantly returns). So it shouldn't affect the life of the SSD in your device.
    I thought you never used/multiwiping your device?

You can ask the first person who mention magic in this thread, and I agree, only people who lives in fantasy land who can say/explain about something that they never have/do their hands on it before that.
    09-17-14 01:58 AM
    I thought you never used/multiwiping your device?
    I can say that I have used it just to see how it works - or at least I've used cfp in a similar fashion to how you're using it.

The results are purely subjective at best. I use only autoloaders and haven't ran into the issues that other people have. Or I've had the issues just like everyone else has. Sometimes a reload helps, sometimes not.

Have you timed each of your commands? Why is it the first one takes so long and each subsequent wipe is nearly instantaneous? That is as Sacha says the device being smart enough that it already knows the memory is empty so skipping it.

Speaking of how it works, can I ask why did you choose to do this line the way you did?

The 0x00005820 start address is only accurate for most devices, The STL100-1 for example actually starts at 0x00005208.

Selecting 0x0001D21F as the end address specifies that you only want to wipe roughly 6.2GB of space too. Was that mainly for the Z3 that only has 8GB of storage? Shouldn't that still be 0x0001FFFF? On 16GB devices that should be 0x0003FFFF. And 32GB devices should end at 0x0007FFFF. Did you have a larger sampling of devices and determine that's the largest commonality between all the devices user filesystems addressable spaces? The wipe/nuke commands wipe the entire region anyway without having to know those values, that's why they're there.

There may be more to the cfp nuke command than a standard autoloader does (other than removing device password that is, we know that happens), but the -a switch on the nuke wipes ALL areas of the phone, the subsequent commands are just re-wiping areas that are already gone.

So there may or may not be some benefit to the nuke, but the results of that may still be subjective. Nobody has a quantitative method of measurement outside of the BlackBerry technical department.

I say use it if you want because there's the remote chance that it does something more with the first nuke command, the debatable part among the technically minded people is the need for multiple wipes. And that debate will always be there until you can come back with technical evidence.
    mrjmc99, shorski, LP_Rigg and 6 others like this.
    09-17-14 12:47 PM
    I can say that I have used it just to see how it works - or at least I've used cfp in a similar fashion to how you're using it.

The results are purely subjective at best. I use only autoloaders and haven't ran into the issues that other people have. Or I've had the issues just like everyone else has. Sometimes a reload helps, sometimes not.

Have you timed each of your commands? Why is it the first one takes so long and each subsequent wipe is nearly instantaneous? That is as Sacha says the device being smart enough that it already knows the memory is empty so skipping it.

Speaking of how it works, can I ask why did you choose to do this line the way you did?

The 0x00005820 start address is only accurate for most devices, The STL100-1 for example actually starts at 0x00005208.

Selecting 0x0001D21F as the end address specifies that you only want to wipe roughly 6.2GB of space too. Was that mainly for the Z3 that only has 8GB of storage? Shouldn't that still be 0x0001FFFF? On 16GB devices that should be 0x0003FFFF. And 32GB devices should end at 0x0007FFFF. Did you have a larger sampling of devices and determine that's the largest commonality between all the devices user filesystems addressable spaces? The wipe/nuke commands wipe the entire region anyway without having to know those values, that's why they're there.

There may be more to the cfp nuke command than a standard autoloader does (other than removing device password that is, we know that happens), but the -a switch on the nuke wipes ALL areas of the phone, the subsequent commands are just re-wiping areas that are already gone.

So there may or may not be some benefit to the nuke, but the results of that may still be subjective. Nobody has a quantitative method of measurement outside of the BlackBerry technical department.

I say use it if you want because there's the remote chance that it does something more with the first nuke command, the debatable part among the technically minded people is the need for multiple wipes. And that debate will always be there until you can come back with technical evidence.
    Do we now have a "board of technical people" as a QC team here that we can only share tools that we created after passed the qualification that you guys have in this forum?

If yes, do let us know about it.

Interesting when you mentioned that the results is purely subjective, If that's the case, it also open in this thread for anybody who has problem after using it and we don't and also can't delete there posts if it happens to hide our achievement.

The main subject here is more about do you want to use it or not. Nobody forced anybody here to use SIC both Multiwipe and Multiwipe and Load. You are free to either using it or not.

In the case of technical debate/questions content of this tool, please do, am not the owner of this forum but this thread is about this tool and discussion if anybody have any question to use it.

As one of the advance technical person in this forum you or other advance technical people here can always make a thread to discuss whether SIC are bad or any technical evidence that you want to get. While at the same time you already made it clear that "....Nobody has a quantitative method of measurement outside of the BlackBerry technical department.", or perhaps do we have one in this forum from BlackBerry who wants to do it?

My/Our only evidence is about people using SIC and the results that they get after that, you are free to say that this is purely subjective or not.
    09-17-14 02:03 PM
    Do we now have a "board of technical people" as a QC team here that we can only share tools that we created after passed the qualification that you guys have in this forum?
    No, there's no board of approval, however there is open discussion. I never tell anyone not to use it, in fact I even said there may be some value to the nuke command, only that there's no evidence saying what the added value is.

Interesting when you mentioned that the results is purely subjective, If that's the case, it also open in this thread for anybody who has problem after using it and we don't and also can't delete there posts if it happens to hide our achievement.
    That's not how scientific evidence works you know. You can't just ask if anybody has problems when the vast majority of people using autoloaders also don't experience problems. At best that is subjective and gives a "uhh I guess they're about equal". Figure out the difference. What is different? Why is it different? Are there any cases where one works but the other doesn't? What are your measurements for testing? That's the difference between subjective and quantitative/qualitative evidence, nothing more.

The main subject here is more about do you want to use it or not. Nobody forced anybody here to use SIC both Multiwipe and Multiwipe and Load. You are free to either using it or not.
    Agreed, never debated that, never tried to force anyone one way or the other.

In the case of technical debate/questions content of this tool, please do, am not the owner of this forum but this thread is about this tool and discussion if anybody have any question to use it.
    Isn't this what we're doing? And what about the one technical question I did ask?

As one of the advance technical person in this forum you or other advance technical people here can always make a thread to discuss whether SIC are bad or any technical evidence that you want to get. While at the same time you already made it clear that "....Nobody has a quantitative method of measurement outside of the BlackBerry technical department.", or perhaps do we have one in this forum from BlackBerry who wants to do it?
    I'm afraid that most blackberry employees are under NDAs, and this forums is monitored, so they wouldn't be able to share anything. If anyone does have further technical information they can share on this process, I admit that I don't fully know what the nuke/wipe does on top of wiping device memory and clearing the device password. It may clear some NVRAM values that we don't know, etc. That's the main argument that SIC might be beneficial.

And that as they say, is that. I shall say no more.
    Wigley458, moody, 3hb78ftg and 2 others like this.
    09-17-14 02:45 PM
    That's not how scientific evidence works you know. You can't just ask if anybody has problems when the vast majority of people using autoloaders also don't experience problems. At best that is subjective and gives a "uhh I guess they're about equal". Figure out the difference. What is different? Why is it different? Are there any cases where one works but the other doesn't? What are your measurements for testing? That's the difference between subjective and quantitative/qualitative evidence, nothing more.
    Measurement of our testing covered how long the device 'settled', temperature of device during 48 hours after loading OS, any bugs avoided e.g. sticky keyboard for 1154, error when android notification not showing and we've tested it first to different type of devices (Z3, Z10 STL1, STL2, Z30) before share it in this forum.

...Selecting 0x0001D21F as the end address specifies that you only want to wipe roughly 6.2GB of space too. Was that mainly for the Z3 that only has 8GB of storage? Shouldn't that still be 0x0001FFFF?
    Yes, it is for Z3, we've tried with 0x0001FFFF, however, erase process were not allowed using that address and 0x0001D21F was what we got to enabling erase process.

And that as they say, is that. I shall say no more.
    Thank you for your comment though, we appreciate your comments that could make SIC better.
    Sator and FrankyJo like this.
    09-17-14 03:04 PM
    Alright kids, let's play nice, you can try it and be amazed or not try it and keep off the thread, it IS that simple.
    FrankyJo and Sator like this.
    09-17-14 07:17 PM
    Measurement of our testing covered how long the device 'settled', temperature of device during 48 hours after loading OS, any bugs avoided e.g. sticky keyboard for 1154, error when android notification not showing and we've tested it first to different type of devices (Z3, Z10 STL1, STL2, Z30) before share it in this forum.

Yes, it is for Z3, we've tried with 0x0001FFFF, however, erase process were not allowed using that address and 0x0001D21F was what we got to enabling erase process.

Thank you for your comment though, we appreciate your comments that could make SIC better.

Do you have some sort of table with the tests you've done and these measurable results (eg. temperatures, time to settle)? The results should be for SIC vs nuke -a (as it is technically the same as SIC) vs plain autoload (to show the difference).
    Google Docs is a nice place for those because you can easily make graphs out of the results too.

I've not heard of those bugs you've mentioned before. What are the symptoms of the 'sticky keyboard'? You have to realise that any bug that arises after a destructive autoload that differs between autoloads must be the result of a change in configuration for NVRAM and is unrelated to wiping. Since this appears to be the case (again, I haven't seen this bug mentioned), it would be useful to get 'cfp info' logs of people WITH this bug and WITHOUT this bug. This way you can attempt to see how the NVRAM differs between these users.

There are only two commands available to us that will affect the NVRAM in a meaningful way: cfp nuke and cfp resetqnxosregion. So, we can easily test which one 'fixes' the bug. Since SIC only uses nuke, it would appear that it is this command.
    LP_Rigg, moody, 3hb78ftg and 1 others like this.
    09-17-14 08:11 PM
109 1234 ...