06-24-18 10:40 AM
665 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Yes but I used BlackBerry Link. Will it allow me to reload contacts only?
    Yes, only select 'settings' to restore

Posted via CB10
    world saviour likes this.
    03-06-14 05:49 AM
    I just want to say, I've read about more than a few ways to load BB10 and the problems people where having during and after loading the newer BBOS on their device. I must say I was definitely on the fence about the whole process, and for the few people that I asked a ton of questions, it probably looked like I would never make the jump. Well last night after reading a little more and asking more questions I sat down to do the upgrade. Thinking it would be 2 to 3 hours after SIC, I decided to take a nap. I woke up after at least 45 minutes a purple screen was staring at me. From what I read concerning upgrades and issues some were having I couldn't believe it. Suffice it to say it was flawless. The only thing that didn't come through was my contacts, and they'll get restored when I get home from work. Love the flow of the upgrade and want to say if you're on the fence as I was, make the jump. You won't regret it. Thank you again clie610, and Sator for being patient with me through this.
    03-06-14 10:58 AM
    I just want to say, I've read about more than a few ways to load BB10 and the problems people where having during and after loading the newer BBOS on their device. I must say I was definitely on the fence about the whole process, and for the few people that I asked a ton of questions, it probably looked like I would never make the jump. Well last night after reading a little more and asking more questions I sat down to do the upgrade. Thinking it would be 2 to 3 hours after SIC, I decided to take a nap. I woke up after at least 45 minutes a purple screen was staring at me. From what I read concerning upgrades and issues some were having I couldn't believe it. Suffice it to say it was flawless. The only thing that didn't come through was my contacts, and they'll get restored when I get home from work. Love the flow of the upgrade and want to say if you're on the fence as I was, make the jump. You won't regret it. Thank you again clie610, and Sator for being patient with me through this.
    Congrats!! First time loaders with jumping up n down heart beat rate are common and exciting experience, we always thought about are we going to loose our device or not...we've been there too

Also thanks for your appreciation on the process and its result, we're happy to share our experience and tools to help other Blackberry user doing 'user friendly' OS' loading with less possible hassle and problem, good result and minimal risk by testing it ourselves first.

Will see what we can do on the next release while waiting for the Leakers to leak the new OS, if not, ones can always use the V 1.0 with autoloader first
    03-06-14 11:35 AM
    Just noticed that I'm getting a "SIM card not provisioned" error message. Is this from nuking my Z10?

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    03-06-14 08:10 PM
    Just noticed that I'm getting a "SIM card not provisioned" error message. Is this from nuking my Z10?

As far as I know this has nothing to do with the phone, you should contact the mobile service provider for this issue
    03-06-14 08:24 PM
    As far as I know this has nothing to do with the phone, you should contact the mobile service provider for this issue
    Yep. Reboot fixed it. False alarm.

clie610 and Sator like this.
    03-06-14 09:22 PM
    To whom it may concern:
    I have downloaded SIC and each time I start the app, my antivirus reports a virus called Win32/Slugin.A.
    Virus:Win32/Slugin.A

a little info on the virus.............
    Entry...
    Virus:Win32/Slugin.A is a file infector that inserts part of its virus code at the entry point of the file. It also copies the rest of its code and the original entry ...

log of what eset antivrus app says..............
    3/8/2014 6:33:07 AM Real-time file system protection file C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\afolder\cfp.exe Win32/Slugin.A virus cleaned - quarantined Fields-PC\Bill Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\SIC Multiwipe v1.0\SIC Multiwipe v1.0.exe.
    3/8/2014 6:33:05 AM Real-time file system protection file C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\afolder\cfp.exe Win32/Slugin.A virus cleaned - quarantined Fields-PC\Bill Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\SIC Multiwipe v1.0\SIC Multiwipe v1.0.exe.
    3/8/2014 6:27:04 AM Real-time file system protection file C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\afolder\cfp.exe Win32/Slugin.A virus cleaned - quarantined Fields-PC\Bill Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\SIC Multiwipe v1.0\SIC Multiwipe v1.0.exe.
    3/8/2014 6:27:02 AM Real-time file system protection file C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\afolder\cfp.exe Win32/Slugin.A virus cleaned - quarantined Fields-PC\Bill Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\SIC Multiwipe v1.0\SIC Multiwipe v1.0.exe.
    3/8/2014 6:22:22 AM Real-time file system protection file C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\afolder\cfp.exe Win32/Slugin.A virus cleaned - quarantined Fields-PC\Bill Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\SIC Multiwipe v1.0\SIC Multiwipe v1.0.exe.
    3/8/2014 6:22:20 AM Real-time file system protection file C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\afolder\cfp.exe Win32/Slugin.A virus cleaned - quarantined Fields-PC\Bill Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\SIC Multiwipe v1.0\SIC Multiwipe v1.0.exe.

Perhaps it needs to be redone for download purposes to ensure no virus?

Has anyone else seen this? Thanks
    03-08-14 06:31 AM
    To whom it may concern:
    I have downloaded SIC and each time I start the app, my antivirus reports a virus called Win32/Slugin.A.

Entry...
    Virus:Win32/Slugin.A is a file infector that inserts part of its virus code at the entry point of the file. It also copies the rest of its code and the original entry ...

log of what eset antivrus app says..............
    3/8/2014 6:33:07 AMReal-time file system protectionfileC:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\afo lder\cfp.exeWin32/Slugin.A viruscleaned - quarantinedFields-PC\BillEvent occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\SIC Multiwipe v1.0\SIC Multiwipe v1.0.exe.
    3/8/2014 6:33:05 AMReal-time file system protectionfileC:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\afo lder\cfp.exeWin32/Slugin.A viruscleaned - quarantinedFields-PC\BillEvent occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\SIC Multiwipe v1.0\SIC Multiwipe v1.0.exe.
    3/8/2014 6:27:04 AMReal-time file system protectionfileC:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\afo lder\cfp.exeWin32/Slugin.A viruscleaned - quarantinedFields-PC\BillEvent occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\SIC Multiwipe v1.0\SIC Multiwipe v1.0.exe.
    3/8/2014 6:27:02 AMReal-time file system protectionfileC:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\afo lder\cfp.exeWin32/Slugin.A viruscleaned - quarantinedFields-PC\BillEvent occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\SIC Multiwipe v1.0\SIC Multiwipe v1.0.exe.
    3/8/2014 6:22:22 AMReal-time file system protectionfileC:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\afo lder\cfp.exeWin32/Slugin.A viruscleaned - quarantinedFields-PC\BillEvent occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\SIC Multiwipe v1.0\SIC Multiwipe v1.0.exe.
    3/8/2014 6:22:20 AMReal-time file system protectionfileC:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\afo lder\cfp.exeWin32/Slugin.A viruscleaned - quarantinedFields-PC\BillEvent occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\SIC Multiwipe v1.0\SIC Multiwipe v1.0.exe.

Perhaps it needs to be redone for download purposes to ensure no virus?

You have to disabled your AV or give a permission to SIC Multiwipe and run SIC as administrator since some of AV identified cfp.exe as a virus.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    03-08-14 06:49 AM
    You have to disabled your AV or give a permission to SIC Multiwipe and run SIC as administrator since some of AV identified cfp.exe as a virus.

okay Sator. Eset AV does not appear to prevent SIC from running. Thanks for the feedback.
    Sator and clie610 like this.
    03-08-14 07:03 AM

What version of CFP are you bundling?

I just checked the copy of CFP I have here, and it passes A/V checks from 49 different vendors fine.

To whom it may concern:

Entry...

That's a remote-control/backdoor trojan.

Serious stuff.

ThreatExpert Report: W32.Slugin.A!inf, Trojan.Win32.Patched.dj, W32/Wplugin, PE_WPLUG.A..
    Win32/Slugin.A | ESET Virusradar
    03-08-14 08:06 AM
    What version of CFP are you bundling?

I just checked the copy of CFP I have here, and it passes A/V checks from 49 different vendors fine.
    We're using version 3.10.0.47, and it's safed

03-08-14 08:16 AM
    We're using version 3.10.0.47, and it's safed

That's the one I just checked w/ VirusTotal - 0 hits out of 49 engines tested, including Eset.

So it makes no sense to me why an updated version of Eset would have falsely detected that.
    03-08-14 08:32 AM
    Perhaps we should do a hash check of the cfp.exe that Observer2 has, compared to the version I have.

Here's my SHA1 checksum:

e07989709d28ee88fef47c0a6cc5bf888975bd29
    03-08-14 08:37 AM

My antivirus was set off as well.
    03-08-14 10:14 AM
    My antivirus was set off as well.
    If you are using Windows, I'd love it if you could check the file integrity for me.

Install the following free tool from Microsoft, run it on the cfp.exe file that SIC Multiwipe installed on your system (Using the SHA-1 algorithm to calculate a file hash/checksum), and see if it matches the number I posted in post #213 (the one before yours) here.

Download Microsoft File Checksum Integrity Verifier from Official Microsoft Download Center

What antivirus utility are you using?
    03-08-14 10:19 AM
    Hi Omnitech. I will do this and report back.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-08-14 02:19 PM
    Perhaps we should do a hash check of the cfp.exe that Observer2 has, compared to the version I have.

Here's my SHA1 checksum:

and here is mine...
    C:\>fciv.exe "c:\sic multiwipe v1.0 setup.exe" /sha1
    // File Checksum Integrity Verifier version 2.05.
    fbbced7d4340832338d40b2f14f82e24 c:\sic multiwipe v1.0 setup.exe

c:\>fciv.exe "c:\sic multiwipe v1.0.exe" /sha1
    bfc15ddc367e58cc75efd06d4ea907cb c:\sic multiwipe v1.0.exe

It appears to be different. However, I do not see a file called cfp.exe?
    Last edited by Observer2; 03-08-14 at 02:55 PM.
    03-08-14 02:36 PM
    If you are using Windows, I'd love it if you could check the file integrity for me.

Install the following free tool from Microsoft, run it on the cfp.exe file that SIC Multiwipe installed on your system (Using the SHA-1 algorithm to calculate a file hash/checksum), and see if it matches the number I posted in post #213 (the one before yours) here.

Download Microsoft File Checksum Integrity Verifier from Official Microsoft Download Center

What antivirus utility are you using?
    Probably can't get to this until tomorrow, but I will. I am using Norton.

03-08-14 02:57 PM
    This wipe tool does not work for me, deleted all my AV tools.

Before the dos window closes, it says 'ERROR: Could not connect to BlackBerry Device Manager.'

Have tried in dev mode, run as admin, EVERYTHING! No dice....If someone can help me out, I'd appreciate it!

I'll try again and get a screen shot of it.
    03-08-14 03:27 PM
    Okay...I wasn't fast enough but it says something about a folder getting access, or whatever. I'll just pass on using this tool. Getting fed up with the constant pop up of paypal, it wont let me capture the enitre error as per what it can't access. 'C:\user\xxxx\app data\temp' and something else. But the frigging paypal pops up like my ex gf outta nowhere LOL

SIC just sits there and freezes....Guess I'll just use the stock security wipe this time around.

SIC Multiwipe BB10, BBOS & PB - clean your device before auto/app loader-sic-bullshit.png
    03-08-14 03:33 PM
    Okay.....tried my absolute hardest to capture the path of what the problem is, but the PayPal popup is is a kick in the nuts....

something about 'C:\users\deezy\AppData\local\temp\afold....'
    03-08-14 03:44 PM

Here's my SHA1 checksum:

and here is mine...
    C:\>fciv.exe "c:\sic multiwipe v1.0 setup.exe" /sha1
    // File Checksum Integrity Verifier version 2.05.
    fbbced7d4340832338d40b2f14f82e24 c:\sic multiwipe v1.0 setup.exe

c:\>fciv.exe "c:\sic multiwipe v1.0.exe" /sha1
    bfc15ddc367e58cc75efd06d4ea907cb c:\sic multiwipe v1.0.exe

It appears to be different. However, I do not see a file called cfp.exe?

The file you need to run a checksum on is cfp.exe. It should have been created somewhere on the system. (Most of their installer file has to be comprised of that executable packed inside, cfp.exe by itself is around 16MB.)

According to your Eset logs, the file was located in a temp folder at the following location:

C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\afolder\cfp.exe

(Bear in mind that the "AppData" folder has the hidden attribute set - make sure you are using a tool that can see hidden folders, or you have the "hide hidden files" function in Windows Explorer disabled, to navigate to it)

Or you can do a search for the filename on the C: drive (if that is your OS drive) and you will probably find it.

Or the developers of this script can just make it easy for us and tell us where they copy it.

It's possible they delete the file after the script finishes.
    03-08-14 03:45 PM
    Omni I have wizapp there as well, and this tool doesn't even work and it freezes.
    03-08-14 03:52 PM
    Re: hidden files, in Windows 7, setting steps:

• Windows Explorer / Computer / etc window
    • Click "Organize" dropdown
    • Select "Folder and search options"
    • Click the "View" tab
    • Under Advanced Settings, go to "Hidden files and folders"
    • Tick: Show hidden files, folders and drives
    • Press OK or "Apply"
    03-08-14 03:54 PM
    Omni I have wizapp there as well, and this tool doesn't even work and it freezes.
    wizapp?
    03-08-14 03:55 PM
665 ... 7891011 ...