10-18-17 10:16 AM
664 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Thank you very much for your feedback
    Thank you so much for this great tool :-)

(I can't recommend to uninstall antivirus, and in our experience SIC can run by just disabling or pause the antivirus program).

I will also add that it will help to run as administrator.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I did not explain properly in my previous comment. Even I don't think uninstalling AV is a good idea. Fortunately, I got a Jurassic laptop lying around and I use it for this kind of tests. SIC did nothing when I tried to run it from an AV installed / enabled laptop.
    clie610 likes this.
    03-03-14 05:01 AM
    Funny how BlackBerry UK told me that a security wipe erases everything.
    Not quite everything..

Posted using BlackBerry Z10 via CB10
    Sator and clie610 like this.
    03-03-14 05:46 AM
    Not quite everything..

Been explained...on the other hand what we can only do is just to explain and sharing experience, won't force others to have different understanding than us.

At the end of the day it is up to us whether we want to be happy to use our Blackberry or not
    03-03-14 12:35 PM
    I don't want to have to go through the thread and delete crapola .... please.
    03-03-14 05:43 PM
    Lost my patience waiting on a new leak, so I went ahead and used this tool to nuke/wipe my Z10 and reload 2141. Getting everything set back up today and will report tomorrow if I can notice any difference.
    clie610 and Sator like this.
    03-03-14 06:51 PM
    I have faced the problem on yesterday. One reason I can think of is that you should *NOT* have *any* kind of antivirus software installed in your PC. Even Windows Security essentials deleted some files needed for SIC Multiwipe.

I ran SIC as administrator. Maybe you should see if doing so helps.

Feedback to clie610.

For me, after a multiwipe, and flashing OS using autoloader 10.2.1.2141, my Q10 is smooth so far. I will give a feedback if I see anything interesting.
    I shut down my antivirus software because that was recommended, other than that I deleted Maleware because I couldn't find any way to shut it down. I'm still reading up on this and when I have 3 to 4hrs, I'll give it another shot. I'm happy you found success.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 01:18 AM
    I shut down my antivirus software because that was recommended, other than that I deleted Maleware because I couldn't find any way to shut it down. I'm still reading up on this and when I have 3 to 4hrs, I'll give it another shot. I'm happy you found success.

Posted via CB10
    If something has been deleted due to false positive malware, you need to run the setup again, choose repair and then you can use SIC.

Remember to do this with your antivirus disabled first.

Posted via CB10
    world saviour likes this.
    03-04-14 02:43 AM
    If something has been deleted due to false positive malware, you need to run the setup again, choose repair and then you can use SIC.

Remember to do this with your antivirus disabled first.

Posted via CB10
    When you say run the setup again, do you mean delete SIC then load it again? In the past I've only done ota updates.
    03-04-14 07:23 AM
    When you say run the setup again, do you mean delete SIC then load it again? In the past I've only done ota updates.
    No, you don't need to delete SIC first, what you have to do is to re-run the SIC setup, there will be repair option in the selection then select repair, it will repair the SIC installation which some files might have been deleted by antivirues.

Posted via CB10
    world saviour likes this.
    03-04-14 07:31 AM
    No, you don't need to delete SIC first, what you have to do is to re-run the SIC setup, there will be repair option in the selection then select repair, it will repair the SIC installation which some files might have been deleted by antivirues.

Posted via CB10
    1 million thanks!
    03-04-14 09:42 AM
    1 million thanks!
    Will accept your thanks only after hearing the good news from your installation!
    03-04-14 09:52 AM
    Will accept your thanks only after hearing the good news from your installation!
    I understand. But the more information I receive helps me better execute the task at hand. And I'm getting closer to the installation.
    03-04-14 10:17 AM
    Using sic is like using bbsak

maxx71 likes this.
    03-04-14 11:27 AM
    Using sic is like using bbsak

It also give nostalgic nuance then
    Sator and maxx71 like this.
    03-04-14 12:03 PM
    It also give nostalgic nuance then
    Yes.. but very useful also..
    It gives a clean os install after
    Just like wiping hard-drive

03-04-14 01:15 PM
    EAGERLY awaiting a new leak to drop so I can test this baby, out!!
    Sator and divyan like this.
    03-04-14 03:42 PM
    Well I couldn't wait for a leak so I did this process and reloaded 2102 and it's been great so far.

Posted from my Z30 /STA100-5/10.2.1.2141
    03-04-14 06:01 PM
    Well I couldn't wait for a leak so I did this process and reloaded 2102 and it's been great so far.
    Same here. Everything is running great on my Z10. The one thing that seems to better is my "idle" power draw. Using Battery Guru, it was mostly pulling -0.14 or higher watts with my original install of 2141. After using this tool, my idle power draw is routinely -0.10 watts or lower. Maybe there's something I didn't reinstall, but I have all of my normal headless apps running and it seems to be more battery friendly.
    03-04-14 09:59 PM
    Same here. Everything is running great on my Z10. The one thing that seems to better is my "idle" power draw. Using Battery Guru, it was mostly pulling -0.14 or higher watts with my original install of 2141. After using this tool, my idle power draw is routinely -0.10 watts or lower. Maybe there's something I didn't reinstall, but I have all of my normal headless apps running and it seems to be more battery friendly.
    We're glad that your Z10 is running better now. During our test we found out that our devices became more responsive, smoother and better battery drained ("settled " faster).

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 11:10 PM
    We're glad that your Z10 is running better now. During our test we found out that our devices became more responsive, smoother and better battery drained ("settled " faster).

Posted via CB10
    Well put as that is exactly what I've noticed.

Thanks again.

Sator likes this.
    03-04-14 11:22 PM
    ...."settled " faster.....

Posted via CB10
    Well, it all makes sense now - especially all those "my battery drain is like crazy" comments. You remove all the junk left over by previous OS versions, and voila - Blackberry runs much smoother.

I am no expert in BB10, but I guess what happened to my phone, after using SIC.

@ clie610 , would you care to share some of the test scenarios of your testing team?
    Sator likes this.
    03-05-14 12:05 AM
    Here's my battery today. 15+ hours, "in use" 20% of the time (as evidenced by display), and about a third of my battery left. Not too bad.

Maybe I don't owe it all to SIC, but maybe I do.

SIC Multiwipe BB10, BBOS & PB - clean your device before auto/app loader-img_20140304_222757.png

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    03-05-14 12:30 AM
    Well, it all makes sense now - especially all those "my battery drain is like crazy" comments. You remove all the junk left over by previous OS versions, and voila - Blackberry runs much smoother.

That's exactly what SIC does to avoid "bad install"

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 01:11 AM
    Well put as that is exactly what I've noticed.

Thanks again.

feel free to donate wayne

CrackBerry Addict
    03-05-14 01:17 AM

@ clie610 , would you care to share some of the test scenarios of your testing team?
    We only did qualitative method in our test result, comparison between pre using SIC and post on battery usage, temperature, signal and wifi lock, responsiveness when opening application etc.

For battery usage post SIC, our tester mostly say that their phone has 2-3 hours extended usage. Keep in mind that the real total usage duration is not being used since every user has their own 'style' and network quality when using their phone.

Temperature wise outdoor we have in average around 35 -36 C (most of the testers are in Indonesia where ambiance temp usually between 35-38C) and lower temp indoor varied between 28-30C.

Signal,wifi lock and device responsiveness as mentioned also qualitative, most testers saying that they have better bar levels compared before upgrading using SIC and their device are more smooth in being used and opening applications during usage.

Thank you for your question, perhaps (this is not a promise though hehe...) we will do certain quantitative method in finding out the result, maybe in our next SIC version release.
    Sator, HarryDragon, divyan and 1 others like this.
    03-05-14 03:18 AM
664 ... 56789 ...