06-24-18 10:40 AM
665 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Is a donation required before SIC wipe begins?
    03-01-14 10:20 PM
    Hey guys just another quick update.
    My phone is doing great no problems what so ever.
    Seems very smooth still and my battery does seem a little better. Probably about 5%

Posted from my Z30 /STA100-5/10.2.1.2141
    Thanks for your update SIff, we're glad SIC Multiwipe has good results on your phone as what we expected.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 10:24 PM
    Is a donation required before SIC wipe begins?
    No, a donation is not required world saviour.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 10:28 PM
    No, a donation is not required world saviour.

Posted via CB10

I only ask because the wipe has been going for 30min now, and other than it says ; Wiping... Security wipe..., then it blinks every now and then, it doesn't show that its wiping. I'll gladly make a generous donation tomorrow, you have my support for trying to help others get the best out of their devices. My hat goes off to you all.
    03-01-14 10:39 PM
    I only ask because the wipe has been going for 30min now, and other than it says ; Wiping... Security wipe..., then it blinks every now and then, it doesn't show that its wiping. I'll gladly make a generous donation tomorrow, you have my support for trying to help others get the best out of their devices. My hat goes off to you all.
    First, SIC will command your device to perform a security wipe, to make it a little bit faster, before you run SIC uninstall all your 3rd party apps. frm your device (uninstall frm your home screen), after sec.wipe, it will continue (for Z10, you have to turn your device On after sec.wipe) to first wipe, second wipe...and it finishes at fith wipe (don't worry, your phone will blinking red) then you can run the autoloader...

Thank you very much for your Donation world saviour.

Posted via CB10
    world saviour likes this.
    03-01-14 10:55 PM
    First, SIC will do a security wipe, to make it a little bit faster, uninstall all your 3rd party apps. frm your device (uninstall frm your home screen), after sec.wipe, it will continue (for Z10, you have to turn your device On after sec.wipe) to first wipe, second wipe...and it finishes at fith wipe (don't worry, your phone will blinking red) then you can run the autoloader...

Thank you very much for your Donation world saviour.

Posted via CB10
    I have a Q10 should I turn it off?
    03-01-14 11:02 PM
    I have a Q10 should I turn it off?
    No need world saviour, for Q10 and Z30, after sec. Wipe it will continue to first wipe...till fith wipe. When SIC is done, your phone will blinking red.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 11:05 PM
    just had this doubt:
    We seem to be doing lots of full wipes on bb10 always..
    I remember reading somewhere, doing full writes to flash memory, reduces its lifetime (more writes, more lifetime used up)..is this true?

any thoughts from knowledgeable people about this?
    03-01-14 11:57 PM
    After an hour SIC hasn't changed much of anything. Should I start over? Or is this going to be all night?
    03-02-14 12:07 AM
    just had this doubt:
    We seem to be doing lots of full wipes on bb10 always..
    I remember reading somewhere, doing full writes to flash memory, reduces its lifetime (more writes, more lifetime used up)..is this true?

any thoughts from knowledgeable people about this?

If you go back and read pages 1 through 3, you will get all the information you need.
    Sator likes this.
    03-02-14 12:12 AM
    If you go back and read pages 1 through 3, you will get all the information you need.
    thanks..got it!
    that was very lazy of me!
    03-02-14 12:33 AM
    Nothing has changed on my cell phone, SIC hasn't changed anything. Since nothing has been wiped from my cell, would it hurt if I leave it plugged up, but start SIC over?
    03-02-14 12:35 AM
    After an hour SIC hasn't changed much of anything. Should I start over? Or is this going to be all night?
    SIC will wait for your Q10 finishing its security wipe that will take around 30 minutes - 2 hours depends on the size of your device data.

Once the security wipe finished and the phone restarted SIC will continue its process to wipe your phone.

Sorry I'm out and about now, but any one of us will respond to you as soon as we can.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 12:41 AM
    SIC will wait for your Q10 finishing its security wipe that will take around 30 minutes - 2 hours depends on the size of your device data.

Once the security wipe finished and the phone restarted SIC will continue its process to wipe your phone.

Sorry I'm out and about now, but any one of us will respond to you as soon as we can.

Posted via CB10
    But nothing has been wiped from my cell phone (Q10). Should I just go to sleep and let it run all night? Should I be able to see that nothing has been wiped from my cell? Going on 2 hours now.
    Last edited by world saviour; 03-02-14 at 01:14 AM.
    03-02-14 01:02 AM
    But nothing has been wiped from my cell phone (Q10). Should I just go to sleep and let it run all night? Should I be able to see that nothing has been wiped from my cell? Going on 2 hours now.
    You could close the SIC and start it all over again.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 01:25 AM
    You could close the SIC and start it all over again.

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't sure if that would be appropriate. Now it won't let me shut it down. I try to exit and it won't close.
    03-02-14 01:53 AM
    I wasn't sure if that would be appropriate. Now it won't let me shut it down. I try to exit and it won't close.
    Actually SIC processes could not be stopped in the middle, but since yours has been idled for more than 2 hours, it's better to stop it. You could restart your computer and start it all over again, please make sure you click next and leave it to work by itself. SIC will command your device to perform sec wipe (you can see the shredder icon on your device home screen), when sec.wipe finish it will continue to perform first wipe...till fith wipe and end.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 02:15 AM
    How do you know if SIC has seen your cell phone?
    03-02-14 02:21 AM
    How do you know if SIC has seen your cell phone?
    SIC has 2 screens, one is windows GUI and the other one is DOS (do not close one of them, since we need both screens). You could see it frm your DOS screen that SIC is connecting to the device bootrom and it will reset your phone if it's not connected yet.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Sator; 03-02-14 at 03:50 AM.
    03-02-14 02:45 AM
    03-02-14 06:46 PM
    Yes, this can happen after an interrupted secwipe caused by battery drained or the battery accidentally taken out during the process. Thankfully SIC can overcome this problem when this happened to our beta testers.

Thanks Omnitech to share information on the risk we might face in doing secwipe.
    Sator likes this.
    03-02-14 07:04 PM
    Thanks Omnitech to share information on the risk we might face in doing secwipe.

Not a general risk, just a risk if you pull the battery or interrupt the power in the middle.

Luckily in the case of BB10 devices, it is extremely hard to hard brick them. Though it does happen, sometimes.
    Sator and clie610 like this.
    03-02-14 07:30 PM
    Not a general risk, just a risk if you pull the battery or interrupt the power in the middle.

Luckily in the case of BB10 devices, it is extremely hard to hard brick them. Though it does happen, sometimes.
    Yes....one step that some users forgot during the security wipe process since it doesn't need real cable connection to computer, was not to make sure the battery is connected to power supply during the process.

Secwipe drainage level is high and it might take more than 2 hours for user that not uninstall their 3rd party application/data in the device manager prior to do it.
    03-02-14 07:43 PM
    I have faced the problem on yesterday. One reason I can think of is that you should *NOT* have *any* kind of antivirus software installed in your PC. Even Windows Security essentials deleted some files needed for SIC Multiwipe.

I ran SIC as administrator. Maybe you should see if doing so helps.

Feedback to clie610.

For me, after a multiwipe, and flashing OS using autoloader 10.2.1.2141, my Q10 is smooth so far. I will give a feedback if I see anything interesting.
    Sator, world saviour and clie610 like this.
    03-03-14 01:38 AM
    I have faced the problem on yesterday. One reason I can think of is that you should *NOT* have *any* kind of antivirus software installed in your PC. Even Windows Security essentials deleted some files needed for SIC Multiwipe.

I ran SIC as administrator. Maybe you should see if doing so helps.

Feedback to clie610.

For me, after a multiwipe, and flashing OS using autoloader 10.2.1.2141, my Q10 is smooth so far. I will give a feedback if I see anything interesting.
    Thank you very much for your feedback

I will highlight more about the importance to disable antivirus in ones computer (I can't recommend to uninstall antivirus, and in our experience SIC can run by just disabling or pause the antivirus program).

I will also add that it will help to run as administrator.

Posted via CB10
    Uzi and world saviour like this.
    03-03-14 01:45 AM
665 ... 45678 ...